Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Can Be Lifted ❯ I'll Shed Tears For You My Friend ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 2 I'll Shed Tears For You My Friend
 
A warm spring breeze gently played with locks of amethyst as tears silently slide down Spirits cheeks. She and Garra had left the school and had found a spot in the park to talk.
“You cry for those who I've killed.”
“No, Garra. I cry for you, because you can't.” She lifted her head to gaze into his green eyes “I'm sorry Garra, I should never have left. Maybe if I'd stayed-”
“Stop being a fool. Even if you hadn't left, this would have happened.”
“But I could have been there for you.”
“It wouldn't have mattered.” Garra stood, gazing into the horizon, his stare one of indifference.
“Garra, I-” Again she was interrupted, but not by harsh words. The interruption this time was a pair of warm lips. Shocked at first, she slowly let her eyes close, responding to the kiss. Then, almost as quickly as it started, it stopped. Garra pulled his face away and Spirits cheeks quickly turned red. It had been 10 years since she had seen him, and teenage boys did have hormones, she tried to reason with herself. Garra looked calm, as if this were a normal thing for him.
“Garra-”
“Your school day is over. Go home.” Garra turned on his heel and walked away, leaving Spirit sitting on the park bench.
 
“Spirit, the school called. Why weren't you in class?” Spirit had just walked through the door and was taking off her shoes when her mother started interrogating her.
“I ran into an old friend Mother. We had a lot of catching up to do.”
“Well, now you have catching up to do in school as well. Who was it that so compelled you to skip school?”
“Garra.” Her mother dropped the pan that she had been washing, a horrified look on her face. “He kept his promise to me Mother. Are you going to hold that against him?”
“No, that's the only good thing he's ever done. He's and evil person Solange. An evil boy with evil intentions towards you.”
“Oh, for God sakes Mother, for once in your life, just shut up. Would you listen to yourself? All you ever do is point out the evil in people, the bad in them. Have you ever tried to look at people in a good light?”
“There is nothing good about that boy!”
“How would you know!? You don't even know him!”
“Solange, so help me, you will not see that boy again. Ever.”