Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Fast And Furious:Naruto's Tricks ❯ Why I Race ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N:AHHH I can't believe I started another fic! So I pretty much love cars and Naruto so whilst one day in Biology the title for this came to me. I really liked the idea so yea. I don't own Naruto or The Fast And The Furious*sobs*
 
When I was three my Uncle Jiraiya let me drive his car down our street. I sat on his lap, my short little legs couldn't even reach the pedals but I got to steer. That first time I don't think anyone realized it would have such an affect on me. My three year old mind could comprehend that I was in control of the car and that made me happy. After that I begged and pleaded for him to let me drive again. He would always tell me, 'Naruto, if your mother was here she skin me alive!', then he'd chuckle and let me drive anyway.
 
Then when I turned eight Uncle Jiraiya bought me a go kart. I loved that thing, still have it too. Everyday after school I would ride around our nieghborhood, passing cars that moved to slow, laughing at stupid kids when they saw me coming and jumped out of the way. I was so happy, I didn't think life would get any better.
 
It didn't. Six months after I got my beloved go kart Uncle Jiraiya died in a car accident. He was speeding on a bridge when a car swerved into his lane, he tried to sat on the road but his car flipped and he landed in the water. The doctors say he died before he even hit the water, said he died on impact with another car.
 
It was then I realized how dangerous driving really was, but even though I know this my passion was still to feel that control. The danger really didn't faze me then either, in fact I kind of liked the idea that I could control something so powerful, so lively, so...deadly. I thought with one turn of a wheel I could end it all, I could be with Uncle Jiraiya again and sit on his lap while he let me steer.
 
After that I was passed around from person to person here in Konoha. No one wanted to keep me, said I was a trouble maker. I suppose their right but that didn't matter to me; I just wanted to feel the pavement beneath me. They didn't so much like that idea, especially when I stole old man Hokage's car when I was 11.
Then I was on my own, I liked that better. I bought myself an old car and fixed it up. Runs pretty good now, but I don't normally drive that one. I usually take my Nissan 350 z it's fully loaded. When I'm in that everyone knows who I am, Uzumaki Naruto, King of The Streets, the outcast who no one can beat. I get all kinds of challengers people form all over the Land Of Fire come to race me, they always lose. You'd think that make me popular but I tend to make people nervous. It's okay thought, I don't really car about people all I care about is the rush I get doing 200 KM down a bust highway, death at my doorstep and I spit in his face, with some sucker behind me just wishing he could catch up.
So pretty much I'm unbeatable. Well I was anyway, that was until he came to town.