Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Fourth Hokage & Me ❯ The Fourth Hokage & Me ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
The Fourth Hokage & Me
By
triviatrap1982

I do not own Naruto. Mashashi Kishimoto owns it. This Story is dedicated to all the fathers. NOTE: Please read the later parts of the manga. Yes, Minato is Naruto's father.
*************************************************************** *************************************************************************** **************************
"Where is he?" Naruto asked

"There you are," Minato said. "I'm sorry I'm late I got held up."

"Hey, it is okay, we’re going to have the best day ever!” Naruto beamed.

"Well, I love these days, so let us not waste any time."

"You bet!"

Naruto and Minato had planned this day all year. It is the one time where all the shinobi (while on guard) actually were able to have a great time. The villagers actually spent the day with their fathers, or a male equivalent. It is that Minato and Naruto both were father and son. First, however, they had to go and pick up Iruka...since he has lost both of his parents at a young age. However, they both were surprised when he was out on a mission. Still, they had to get the day going. The first thing was breakfast. Normally Ichakaru's would be a perfect choice...though today Naruto wanted something a bit more proper. The conveniently located diner with low prices was right next to Ichakaru’s shop.

"Welcome, come on in!" The host said.

"Thank you," both of the Uzumaki clan bowed, "may you show us to our table please."

"Sure, you're early enough...and it won't get packed for breakfast for an hour yet," she said.

"I hadn't been here before," Minato said.

"Ichikaru actually suggested this place," Naruto said. "He says a growing boy needs more than ramen."
"He's probably right," Minato said with a near stifled laugh.

"Here is your table," she said, "I'll be by with your menu items shortly."

"Thank you," Naruto said, "now to enjoy this day."

"Speaking of which," Minato said, "what do we have planned?"

"Right, we're going to go to lunch before the baseball game this afternoon," Naruto said.

"Well, let's see if our home team the Foxes can throw down against the Ox Team."

The server came by with their menus, and placed down orange juice and milk. Naruto and Minato did not need the menus, as they chose to get the proper breakfast. They got pancakes, eggs, sausages, and bacon. In addition, they got the cereal and milk as well. They wanted to have a lot of energy. After their breakfast and paying...they decided to hit up the fair first. It would be a while before the game started. However, Minato decided they had better get their tickets now instead of later. They went to the box office and got some prime seats behind a few seats behind the warning track. From there they went to the fair. It was not as busy so they were able to get to the rides. Minato looked like a little kid on the roller coaster. Naruto definitely enjoyed the speedy bungee rides. After, they played a few games (They both struggled as they were tempted to use a jutsu, but it is common practice to ban the techniques) they actually won a couple of prizes. Then...at 11:00 they went to Ichikaru’s for Lunch...as the diner had a crush of people in there. Ichikaru and Ayame (who returned from her journey) served the both of them.

"Well, the Uzumaki family are definitely out in full force today," Ichikaru said with a smile.

"Yep, we have a full afternoon left to go," Minato said.

"That's right, we're going to that baseball game," Naruto said.

"Hey we'll have that on the radio today!" Ayame chimed in.

"Yep, the Foxes definitely have been winning," Ichikaru, said plainly.

"It's the Ox Team from the hidden waterfall village that could be tough," Naruto observed.

"It may be a preview of the playoffs!" Ichikaru announced.

"I have a feeling it would be," Minato then said with a perfect smile on his face.

The two ate their lunch of ramen. Naruto, naturally, paid up. Unlike with Iruka...Minato was not the type to jerk around at all. After, they went to the baseball field and got their seats. They were the first ones there for the 12:30 p.m. start time. Well, it was a little detour so they both could get gloves to catch any home run balls that came their way. They ran into Shikamaru and his father, and mother. Shikamaru just nodded in silent agreement that it was going to be troublesome for him.

"Wow, I never knew a kid to be that...lazy," Minato said.

"He's not really lazy," Naruto said. "He just hates when things go wrong, or not his way."

"I can understand that," Minato then said getting his seat.

"Besides, his father is just...henpecked," Naruto said.

"Well, your mother is like that too, so I can understand."

The crowd then filed into the stadium. Once the first pitch started...the game was underway. Naruto and Minato cheered for their home team loudly. The crowd then joined in. The Ox Team's rooting section was just as loud. They did not use obscenity; they did not threaten each other with a bloody coup. After the game was over (the foxes won in a 2-1 fashion) everybody filed out. Naruto then smiled, as he did catch one of the two home run balls. Minato smiled as he caught the other. It was getting late, and Naruto had to get Minato home. Still, he enjoyed spending time with him. That is despite the fact that Naruto has been living alone for a while.

"You know what," Minato said, "this was the best day ever."

"I really enjoyed it," Naruto said with a smile.

"They really ought to do this more than once a day...but it is impossible here.”

"It's always the impossible that becomes possible," Iruka said as he heard that Naruto stayed out of trouble...for once.

"Iruka-sensei, I didn't think you'd be back so soon!" Naruto and Minato both chimed.

"Well, the mission was a quick one...I'm just mad I missed the game," Minato said.

"Let's go get some ramen!" Minato then chimed.

"YEAH, LET'S GO GET SOME RAMEN!" Naruto yelled and ran straight to Ichakaru’s ramen stand.

'I just got a bad feeling about this...' Iruka thought.

They went to Ichakaru’s and the crowd cheered and talked about the game. Ichikaru and the boys talked about the games that transpired. Iruka then heard the highlights on the radio and he smiled. No matter how things seemed...today was just one of the few and far perfect days. Tomorrow was going to be back to the shinobi grind. However, the folks here enjoyed these peaceful days and took in the moments.