Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Hunt for the White Eyed Snow Fox ❯ Old Sins Revisited ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Hunt for the White Eyed Snow Fox

By Kruffien

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. I'm just a fan. And this fic is my tribute to the anime. I also don't own Game workshop or any of its products or any of its written work.

It is said that only the foolish and the insane travel thru the icy path of the northern waste,

For if the elements should not kill you, something else will.

But my mother and father were neither foolish nor insane.

They were desperate.

For years, my parents were constantly being pursued,

Hunted by people we know not, for reasons greed only knows.

For you see, my parents are fugitives.

Forever hiding,

Constantly running.

What crime, you ask, did my parents commit?

Theft, you say?

Murder, you say?

Arson, you say?

Unfortunately, my friend, I have to say `nay' to all of that.

For they're crimes were neither against humanity nor property.

They're crime - or so they say - was the very same reason that caused the ruination of Troy.

Forbidden love.

Chapter 2: Old Sins Revisited

It all began a long time, in a village called Konoha.

My mother, Hinata, was born to one of the prestigious clan, the Hyuuga, known for carrying the unmatched advanced bloodline ability, byakugan.

Now, to someone from the outside, one might think that to belonging to such a clan is a great privilege and honor. But in truth, it is as a great privilege as living in a gilded cage.

Ever since my mother's defeat at the hands of my aunt, Hanabi, during a formal match that would determine the future heir to her clan, my mother's life turned for the worse.

No more was the loving father that she once knew…

No more was the warm place she once called home…

No more were the good memories of old…

She was nothing…

She was nobody…

Until the day she met him…

My father, Uzumaki Naruto.

He was driving force that helped and inspired my mother to live life despite all odds.

It was he who inspired her to become a genin despite being seen as a weakling.

It was he who encouraged her to become stronger even though it seems to be a lost cause.

It was he who gave her confidence in spite of having none herself.

No wonder my mother fell in love with my father…and then soon after, him with her.

It was, however, a forbidden love.

For my father, Naruto was the prison of the demon fox Kyubi, a bloodthirsty entity sealed away by the 4th Hokage.

It was for this reason and this reason alone why most of the community regarded him with such contempt and revulsion.

But despite all that, my mother and father kept loving each other.

But those blissful moments soon came to an end.

The accursed Hyuuga Neji, my mother's estranged cousin, discovered the clandestine relationship and promptly reported it to Hyuuga Hiashi, my murderous grandfather.

Needless to say, my grandfather was enraged.

He not only forcibly stripped my mother of her rank as a warrior, but also imprisoned her to their house as if she was a common criminal.

Upon hearing my mother's fate, my father stormed the Hyuuga manor, in hopes to rescue my mother from her gilded cage.

Unfortunately for him, the craven bastards were expecting him.

Despite being one of the most powerful warriors in Konoha, the Hyuuga weaklings managed to overpower my father when that coward Neji took my mother hostage, threatening to slit her throat with a dagger.

What followed that night were countless hours of unspeakable pain and agony.

For as my father was being brutally tortured to the very inch of his life, my mother was forced to witness it all, slowly driving her to the brink of insanity.

Days went.

Weeks came.

Months past.

And then, almost four months later, the screams stopped.

A group of warriors, close friends of my parents, rescued them from that horrific place and then hid them to a secret place where they can recover from their ordeal.

Days went by and the wounds from the days of pain were beginning to show signs of healing.

But the time for healing was cut short.

Incensed by my parent's `escape', my dishonorable grandfather issued a reward for the capture and immediate execution of my parents.

Needless to say, staying in Konoha was becoming more and more dangerous as the days pass.

It was at that point, that my parent's friends decided to smuggle them out of their village.

And so, with the assistance of a passing caravan, my parent's friends managed to help them escape the hellish place they once called home.

It was to be their final farewell.

For even though my parents have managed to escape the village, they cannot escape the greed of their fellow man.

As attested by the number of bounty hunters hounding their every step.

Unlucky for them, however, my parents were always 5 steps ahead of them.

And so it went for many years.

Until finally, after years of running, my parents have found a place to settle in.

The place was the village of the Baersonling tribe in the land called Norsca.

Despite being brutish, crude and barbaric, the Baersonlings welcomed my parents into their tribe with open arms, for the tribe assumed that my parents' unusual appearance and skills were sure signs that my parents are blessed by the tribe's deities.

Thus, not only did my parents finally found a place they can call home, they also found a new purpose in life.

My father taught the warriors of the tribe the combat arts of his former homeland thus transforming the once crude barbaric fighters into elite shadow warriors renowned throughout the land of Norsca as deadly assassins and masterful infiltrators. It was during this time that he was honored with the title of "War Master"

My mother, on the other hand, taught the art of healing amongst the tribe's womenfolk, hence earning the Norscan name "Leth Nurgh'phak" meaning `the lady who defied death'.

It was during this time of peace and contentment, that my parents bore my brother and me in to this world.

Those were our last few moments of joy.

It was a cold morning on that fateful day eight years ago.

My parents were training both my brother and me in a nearby snow-covered field, when they appeared.

The murderers from the Hyuuga clan have finally caught up with us after all these years and as expected, the fight for survival ensued.

At first, it was a one-sided fight; years of evasion have clearly improved my parents' skills to unimaginable levels as attested by the number of corpses that now lay on their feet.

They should've won that day…if only he didn't showed up.

Unbeknownst to my parents, the leader of their assailants crept up from behind them…and then, with a weapon most foul, he sealed my family's fate with the sound of thunder.

Truly, truly I say to you, the Hyuugas have neither pride nor honor nor humanity.

For even as my family's bodies grew cold, the craven scavengers kept on hacking at them with pure savage delight.

But this was not the end of it.

Partially satiated with their wanton butchery, these creatures now turned their attentions to me.

Even though I was little girl, there was no doubt in my mind what these creatures want of me

For the yearning in their eyes were all too apparent.

I tried to fend them off.

Lashing at them with my dagger.

But in the end, they overpowered me.

However, I didn't go down without a fight.

I kept on lashing and thrashing against them, in hope that they would kill me.

They didn't.

Irked with my continued struggling, they bound my hands to the ground with the help of my own dagger.

And after that, came sickening numbness, as these creatures defiled my every orifice in every way possible.

Minutes went…

Hours came…

And then, after what seems like an eternity, they finally left…their depravity satisfied.

It was only then that blessed unconsciousness came to me.

I woke up days later, cleaned and bandaged, in my bed.

I was informed that a villager happened came upon me and my family whilst hunting for wild game.

I was also informed that the entire village wish to honor my family not only with a warrior's cremation but also with a vow to avenge their deaths.

Needless to say, I was touched by the gesture and vowed eternal friendship to them thereafter.

Vengeance would soon be mine.

And so it was, eight years later, as I, Yukitsune, along with the finest shadow warriors the tribes of Norca have ever produced, billed the entire Hyuuga clan for their past trespasses against me with their heads.

And here ends my bloody tale of things that came to pass.

So whoever you are behind that tree, come out and face me like a warrior worthy of honoring.

Come out and face me, shadow warrior of Konoha!

To be continued…

Coming soon: The Hunt for the White Eyed Snow Fox: Chapter 3:The Chase