Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Ice Kunoichi ❯ This Chapter has a song in it... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or any of the characters. I was listening to Evanescence's “Going Under” and thought that the lyrics fit the chapter really well…
Gaara's POV
I glanced at her again. Was this really Sakura? Did she enjoy it here, away from her home village, this much? She was easily cutting through flesh with her skates, and left thin streaks of blood on the ice as she skated over it.
“Always going for red, huh Admiral?” I heard the Captain call. Sakura merely laughed.
“You know me all to well, Kisame. Too well indeed.” Sakura replied. Hm, so Kisame was the Captain's name? Interesting… My sand made an instant shield around me as a rogue kunai flew my way. Sakura was…different, true. But she was still beautiful in her own…strange way. I killed one of the ninja in my way. The fight was on.
End Gaara's POV
Sakura's POV
What are they doing here? They weren't supposed to come after me.
Now I will tell you what I've done for you
50 thousand tears I've cried
Screaming deceiving and bleeding for you
and you still won't hear me
I was supposed to come home on my own. Away from them, and coming home to open arms from the people of my village for still being alive after all this time.
Don't want your hand this time I'll save myself
Maybe I'll wake up for once
Not tormented daily defeated by you
Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom
I'm dying again
I wasn't supposed to get attached. I was supposed to be distant, focused on nothing but my mission. I lived with my aunt and uncle for 13 years, for God's sake! I wanted to come home to a good meal, and to catch up with my family and friends.
I'm going under
Drowning in you
I'm falling forever
I've got to break through
I'm going under
I was supposed to be normal. I wasn't supposed to become a Genin at age 4, a Chuunin at 5, and a Jounin at 6, and then immediately sent on an undercover mission. It wasn't supposed to happen! Stupid bloodline limit… If I didn't have that, this wouldn't have happened.
Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies
So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again
I'm different. I'm eighteen, and the best ANBU admiral that the Village Hidden in Snow has. I'm different. I can't figure out what I want, and I want to. I have suitors from all over, and I refuse them all. I'm weird.
I'm going under
Drowning in you
I'm falling forever
I've got to break through
I've begun realizing how much like Gaara I am. I love to kill. I take pleasure in it. The snowflake tattoo on my right shoulder tingles at the thought. I love the feel of blood running through my hands with my snow. I, like Gaara, am protected on instinct by my native element. I don't have “friends” and no one worries about me. Just like Gaara.
So go on and scream
Scream at me I'm so far away
I won't be broken again
I've got to breathe - I can't keep going under
And now, I realize it.
I love him.