Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Jinchuuriki Nine ❯ Part 1 Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Jinchuuriki Nine
A Naruto Fanfic by Passerby_Dyl
 
Before I start my A/N I would like to thank a certain writer who inspired me with his great story, to write this Fanfic. This writer is David_A._Tatum and if you haven't already, I beg you to read his Fanfic `Training for the Job'. It is the greatest fanfiction I have ever read and you will not be disappointed in reading it.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, nor have I met the genius who does. But if I did, Sakura and Sasuke wouldn't have lasted past episode 1.
 
A/N: Some of you may realise, that this version of chapter 1 is slightly different. The reason for this is that chapter by chapter, I am revising and fixing all of my mistakes. As mentioned above, David_A._Tatum inspired my to write this fanfic. `The Jinchuuriki Nine' will be set after the Tsunade Arc, meaning it will be before Sasuke's defection (Which may or may not happen). Although I have gotton over my loathing for Sasuke, I still despise Sakura very much so. Sakura fans maybe shouldn't read this fanfic. However, there will be no Sakura bashing, just her getting told off.
 
And now, the completely revised and edited version of The Jinchuuriki Nine begins!
 
 
**
Chapter One
**
 
He'd been thinking about it for a while now. Ever since he got back to Konoha, he was thinking of what Itachi Uchiha said about Akatsuki targeting him.
 
And if that wasn't enough, Sasuke had been acting weird lately. Not that he cared, but he was beginning to wonder if Sasuke was going to go to Orochimaru. Naruto Uzumaki stared at the ceiling of his room in the middle of the night, thinking of his next move.
 
If Kakashi-sensei couldn't beat him, then how am I supposed to battle with Sasuke's brother? I mean, he killed his entire clan in 1 night.
 
Just as he finished that sentence, he was dragged into his mindscape and was now walking through the corridors to the Kyuubi's cage. Ever since his encounter with Itachi, Kyuubi had been contacting Naruto more and more. It was almost like the demon were worried.
Naruto was interrupted in his thoughts when Kyuubi spoke up.
 
“Listen up Kit. To put this bluntly, if those guys from Akatsuki get their hands on you, you have no chance of living Kyuubi said, worry evident in his voice
 
“Well, I would never have thought the king of the demons would be scared of a human.” Naruto replied, trying to let his amusement go unnoticed. Kyuubi picked up on this.
 
“To tell you the truth, I couldn't care less if those power-hungry morons killed you. What I do care about, is this stupid seal that kills me if you die.”
 
“Well don't blame me, if it were my choice, you wouldn't-“
 
“Shut up human, every second you talk, you're complaining.”
 
“Oooh, edgy” Naruto half-whispered. Kyuubi heard this and glared at him.
 
“Look, I wouldn't be telling you this if I wasn't concerned for my own well-being. All I want to do is live as long as possible whilst inside you. The simple truth is, Akatsuki aren't after you, they want me. When they get you, they will extract me, and in the process kill you.”
 
“Well, I kinda guessed that. Im a lot smarter then I let on.”
 
“I would rather not give you too much of my chakra, because after you unlock my 4th tail, your life span will be shortened. This in turn will shorten my life. So there is only one thing I can think of doing. Search out the other Jinchuuriki and pick Akatsuki off one at a time. Unless the others have a decent amount of control over they're demons power, they will not survive.”
 
Naruto knew where this was going, and he didn't like it one bit. But he decided to listen nonetheless.
 
“I have a decent idea of what they're doing, however none of that concerns you at the moment. Assuming the other Jinchuuriki are alive, find them, and convince them to join you. Some of them won't come easily, as im not on good terms with a lot of the other 8.”
 
“So, im guessing ill have to leave Konoha?”
 
Kyuubi gave him a blank stare, getting more impatient every second. If he could have smacked the boy over the head right now, he would have.
 
“Kit, these guys are more powerful then that idiot you call Pervy Sage. Every second you waste, you are giving Akatsuki more time to track down they're target. Akatsuki travel in pairs so be cautious. You will come across them on your search, so I suggest you train while we're travelling.”
 
“But, if I leave Konoha, won't I be a Missing-Nin”
 
“Stupid brat, that Uchiha knows you're in Konoha. If you stay here, he will eventually come back.”
“Fine, but im doing this my way from now on. Oh, and I want you to teach me some cool Jutsu. You've been less use to me then Pervy Sage”
 
Kyuubi snarled.
 
“Yeah right, I wouldn't teach you any of my techniques even if I am going to die. Look, if you train hard enough, ill teach you some of my weaker ones
 
“Really, you mean it?”
 
“Idiot, it's not like im doing this for you
 
“Oh, of course” Naruto said before returning to his bedroom.
 
“Oh god, I bet the Fourth Hokage is laughing his ass of right now. I think he enjoys watching me squirm”
 
Naruto finally succumb to sleep, his mind resting for the long day that tomorrow would bring.
 
**
Next Day
**
Naruto got up extra early, took a shower, got dressed and walked out his front door. Yawning, he began thinking he should've gotten a bit more sleep.
 
Slowly making his way down the street, his heart skipped a beat when he heard an old man whispering to his wife.
 
“There goes the filthy demon. It should have been killed the moment it opened its eyes”
 
Naruto turned around and done his best impression of Kyuubi's voice.
 
“You should watch you're back human. Or else you might find yourself without a head.”
 
The man, suddenly frightened for his life, began running down the street with his wife on his heels. The moment he was out of site, Naruto began laughing and rolling on the ground. Suddenly he heard a growl from his mindscape and went down to see Kyuubi.
 
“STOP BEING SO STUPID. IF YOU DON'T START GROWING UP, PEOPLE WONT TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY”
 
“Oh, not a fan of my `dobe' mask eh? You do realise it's to lead enemies into a false sense of security. Usually they realise im not a complete idiot, the second they pass through to the next life”
Kyuubi merely snorted to this.
 
“Whatever Kit, just drop it here and now. It's bad enough that I have to live inside you, but stop acting like an idiot”
 
Naruto smirked, nodded and left his mindscape. He turned to walk around when he was stopped by an all too familiar pink-haired kunoichi.
 
“Hey Naruto, Sasuke-Kun asked me to come find you and tell you that we have an emergency meeting at Ichiraku.” Sakura said, making sure to squeal a bit when she said Sasuke's name.
 
“Well then, you can tell your precious Sasuke-Kun that if he wants to tell me something, comes find me himself. That way I can verbally abuse him instead of a worthless fan-girl who thinks she's in love.” Naruto said with an expressionless tone before walking off.
 
Sakura could barely believe it. This was the same Naruto that had a crush on her since he first saw her. He had just told her off. Also, she noticed that Naruto was casting a Genjutsu the whole time. What for, she didn't know.
 
Naruto was already on the other side of Konoha, standing on a random building. Anger boiled up inside him. Oh how he hated fan-girls. Unconsciously, he dropped his Genjutsu covering his clothes to reveal Plain black robes, with a grey outline (A/N: Think Akatsuki robes, without the clouds and with a grey trim).
 
Naruto had already decided on the clothing for the little `group' he was about to create. Nothing to flashy though. Naruto immediately became aware of a certain raven-haired teammate of his who was watching from behind a tree.
 
Said boy thought he had concealed himself well, until he felt the unfamiliar sensation of a Kunai pressed to his neck.
 
“S-Shadow Clone?” Sasuke said out-loud, surprised his idiot teammate could have created one so fast, and without him seeing.
 
“Oh, if it isn't the Uchiha. Im flattered to be in the presence of royalty” Naruto replied, letting sarcasm drip off the last word.
 
“What in the world are you wearing? Aren't you into stuff that makes you stand out?”
 
“Look, I really don't have time to deal with you. But while you're here, you can deliver a message. Im leaving the Leaf village. If you weren't so caught up in avenging your clan you might actually have a friend or two. Im forming my own organisation for the upcoming battle”
 
Naruto moved his hand across his forehead protector and revealed the Genjutsu he had been hiding.
 
Sasuke could only just barely make out that there was a line through the leaf symbol, thus severing his ties with Konoha. Then, almost as quickly as the Genjutsu was dropped, his world went black after Naruto punched him in the stomach, knocking him out. Just before Sasuke left consciousness, he was aware that Naruto left a note on the ground, before disappearing into a swirl of leaves.
 
**
A/N: So, how did everyone like it? I know it was short but I needed to have this chapter to explain some things. Without it, next chapter you would be thinking `What the hell is this guy on?' Before I go, I should let everyone know that I live off of reviews and the more reviews I get, the more motivation I have to get chapters out quicker.
 
P.S All Jutsu names will be from the English Dub.