Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Koorigakure Trio ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Person talking out loud”
„Person thinking?
Kyuubi talking’
People talking telepatheticly
Prologue
The Koorigakure Trio
A five-year-old boy with a shock of wild blonde hair and deep cerulean eyes was skipping happily down the street, as was normal for him. But for those who knew him well or simply bothered to look, the painfully wide grin looked as if it had been cut out from a magazine and pasted on to his face. This boy was of course, Uzumaki Naruto, the Kyuubi no Kitsune jinchuuriki.
As Naruto got closer to the edge of town, the spring in his step stopped and his grin faded away into nothingness. As he walked up the stairs and entered his run-down apartment, he was about to find out that there was already someone there. As he entered his apartment, he heard a slight rustle and the creak of an opening door. Nothing out of the normal, he thought to himself. Naruto just told himself he was being paranoid. Unfortunately, he wasn?t overreacting this time.
Naruto swallowed as he saw two shinobi, chuunin, judging from their attire, standing is his kitchen. “So the demon finally came, eh?” the first one, a black haired and brown eyed male. “Heh. Let?s have our fun, shall we?” the second one, a brown haired and black eyed said, smirking. Naruto recognized these phrases. This was exactly what people said before they beat him up. The boy slowly backed away. “P…Please don?t …” he whimpered desperately, even though he knew it was no use. Both of the shinobi smirked and looked at each other. A silent agreement passed between the two of them, and at that, they lunged at the poor boy and started the attack. Naruto could smell the sake coming off of the pair in waves. „No wonder…? he thought. „They?re too drunk to think straight.? And with that, he curled up into a ball and prepared for the beating.
Naruto faded in and out of consciousness during the process, and every time he woke up, he could feel new bruises and a few broken and cracked bones as well. Of course, Naruto never cried. Ever. He never did. Eventually, the shinobi got tired of their game and the sake started to wear off, giving them better judgment, and remembering the fact that the Hokage got mad whenever someone hurt Naruto, which was exactly what they were doing. So, sensibly, the shinobi simply got up and left.
It took a day and a half for Naruto to make a full recovery, even with his extremely fast healing. A day later, he was lying down on his futon, mulling over his life. (Okay, by now you have probably noticed that Naruto has an extremely advanced way of thinking. This is due to his messed up childhood)
„Everyone beats me up, and tells me I should go die somewhere. The only people who even care are jiji-sama and Teuchi from Ichiraku?s. Maybe I should just leave… It?s not like anybody would miss me. They?ve been ignoring me for as long as I?ve been alive, so wouldn?t it make them happy if I just left? I don?t know…?
Eventually, Naruto did manage to fall asleep, and when he woke up in the morning, he was full of a new resolve. Operation: Run Away from the Hellhole, was about to begin. To start off, Naruto picked up a scroll and an ink set, and started writing out a letter to jiji-sama. Then, he was going to have to find a way to get some fireworks for his last prank on the Hidden Village of Konohagakure.
Later that night, a fireworks display went on for about half an hour. There were fireworks of all kinds, and no one could figure out who did it, all though Sarutobi had a pretty good idea who it was. „That Naruto…He never fails to surprise me.? The Hokage thought. „I just might have to visit him tomorrow…? Little did the Hokage know that he would not be seeing Naruto for a good long time.
After Naruto?s disappearance was discovered, ANBU were sent out, but no one could find a trace of the boy. Sarutobi knew that if Naruto didn?t want to be found, he wouldn?t be, so eventually he had to call off the search.
Seasons passed and children grew older, and the old grew still older. Academy students became genin, and then became chuunin. It was life as normal in the village hidden in the leaves. Seven more years pass until the chuunin exams that would shake the leaf to its very roots and change the shinobi world.