Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Kyuubi's Gift ❯ Preliminaries ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
The Kyuubi's Gift
 
Chapter V
Preliminaries
 
(Naruto's P.O.V.)
 
Hayate quickly jumped out of the way as the battle started. As I watched, things didn't change in the slightest bit. Dosu teases Chouji causing him to use his family's signature technique, Nikudan Sensha (Human Bullet Tank). Once again, Dosu teases him and dodges until Chouji hits a wall. Taking the opportunity, he uses Kyomeisen (Vibrating Sound Drill) to knock Chouji unconscious.
 
“Winner, (cough) Kinuta Dosu!” Called out as Chouji's jutsu wore off and he became normal sized. Dosu just nods and walked up the stairs to his team. “Next match! Karutai Tamagi vs. Hyuuga Hinata!”
 
`Tamagi must be the female from Shigakure (Hidden Death). I'm not sure who will win, but from what I've done to Hinata over the years, I think she'll win.' I though to myself as Tamagi disappeared in a swirl of black looking wind and Hinata walking down. Hinata stood opposite the shi-nin, getting into the Juuken and activating the Byakugan (White Eye). The opponent just pulled out two kunai, crossing her arms and the blade.
 
“BEGIN!” Yelled Hayate again as he jumps back. As quickly as he jumped, Tamagi charges, slashing at her throat. As she did, Hinata bent backwards and closed a few open tenketsu. After jumping back, she throws both kunai at Hinata before trying to sweep kick her of her feet. Although it hit, Hinata was able to use her hand and push off from the ground so she could regain balance. Taking the advantage, Tamagi draws several more kunai and throws them. As Hinata lands, she rolls to the side before the kunai embed themselves into the spot she was just at. Tamagi charges again, trying for a roundhouse kick to the ribs. Hinata ducks under the kick and palms her in the chest, making her stumble. Noticing the wide opening, she places quite a few more accurate shoots to her tenketsu before backing off. We could all tell Tamagi was feeling the affects of Hinata's attacks as she struggled to stand.
 
“P-please just quit? I-I don't re-really want to hurt you.” Hinata addressed the kunoichi of Shigakure. Before she gets a chance to answer, she wobbles before she collapses to the ground.
 
I smiled as I saw Hinata smile. Don't get the wrong idea, I don't think of her that way! No, opposed to the last time-line, she didn't have a crush on me; instead she had one on Neji! This time, it was more of a brother-sister relationship between us, as she told me secrets she kept to herself. Since Hiashi always had to train me when I was younger, I met Hinata on a regular basis. After awhile, so joined us in training and she progressed quite well without scrutiny from her father. She had enough potential that, if she tried her absolute hardest, she could give Neji a run for his money. She had more confidence, although she still stuttered and had her gentle nature.
 
Neji was also different, he was kinder then he was before, although still a little stuck up. With his father living, Neji had grown up none of the inner turmoil he had before. He was still a prodigy, under Hiashi and Hizashi's tutelage. We often trained together while I was there, becoming best friends. Apparently, he also has a crush on Hinata, although it took three months to get it out of him. He did not believe in fate as he did before, meeting me had completely crushed his fate phase has he had just entered it even though his father lived.
 
“Winner, Hyuuga Hinata!” He coughs out as Hinata walked back up the stairs and a medic team took Tamagi out of there. “Next match (cough), Hyuuga Neji vs. Akado Yoroi!”
 
I watched as Yoroi walked down the stairs. As Neji passes me, I grab his shoulder. “Neji, be careful, I used Zekkougan during the second part and saw him sucking another Gennin's chakra. It's called Chakra Kyuuin Jutsu (Chakra Absorption Technique), avoid his hands.” I inform, giving a small smile.
 
“I'll take that into consideration, Naruto.” He smiles back before continuing down the steps.
 
`Yoroi stands no chance.' I thought to myself, smirking as I close my eyes.
 
“BEGIN!”
 
Neji was already in the Juuken with Byakugan active. Yoroi directly charges him, hand held out. Neji just charges back, grabbing his wrist before hitting his tenketsu in his arm at amazing speed. Jumping back, he inspects his work as Yoroi's arm slowed down, as chakra could not flow correctly towards his arm. Smirking, Neji once again charges, striking his chest with an open palm before actually applying pressure to send him backwards. As Yoroi Stumbled towards the wall, he tripped over himself before leaving the realm of the conscious.
 
“Winner (cough), Hyuuga Neji!” Once again, a medic team took Yoroi out of the arena before Neji makes it back to his team. “Nara Shikamaru vs. Tsuchi Kin!”
 
As the battle proceeded, it was also identical to the past time-line, with Kin putting Shikamaru into a Genjutsu like attack and him knocking her out with his family's technique, Kagemane no Jutsu (Shadow Imitation Technique). I sigh as I see Shikamaru's mouth move in a pattern that seems like `troublesome'.
 
“Next match, Uchiha Sasuke vs. Kaisuni Raisuga!” Hayate calls out as Sasuke jumps down to the ground waiting for the shi-nin.
 
`Knowing Sasuke, he'll get over confident and get beat up…' I thought with a sigh.
 
“Hmp, all I have to do is beat you? Pathetic.” Sasuke voices, hoping to get a raise out of Raisuga, which he did.
 
“What did you say Uchiha brat?” He spat back.
 
“BEGIN!” Yells Hayate before he can answer.
 
Charging, Sasuke draws a kunai, aiming for the enemy's chest. Dodging the kunai, he twisted his body so that he kneed the Uchiha in the ribs. Leaving him no time to recover, he starts on hand seals. “Raiton: O-ba-ro-do no Jutsu (Lightning Release: Overload Technique)!” Electricity starts to emit from his body before expanding as if it exploded. Sasuke saw the attack and barely had enough time to dodge. Jumping to his feet, Sasuke flashes his Sharingan (Copy Wheel Eye), truly fighting now. Going through hand seals, Sasuke starts to mimic his movements while trapping him in Genjutsu to make sure he would keep up.
 
“Raiton: Ikazuchi Ryuushutsudan (Lightning Release: Thunder Discharge Bullet)!” The both call out, electricity crackling around them before forming a giant ball of compressed kinetic, electrical energy and shooting towards each other. The attacks clashed before falling and Raisuga charging the loner of team seven. Reading his movements, he easily dodges the flurry of blows thrown at him before counterattacking with a kick to the ribs. As Raisuga rammed into the wall, Sasuke finished his seals.
 
“Katon: Hosenka no Jutsu (Fire Release: Phoenix Immortal Fire Technique)!” Putting his hand to his mouth, he blows forth multiple fireballs, each heading for his opponent. Raisuga quickly tried his best to dodge, but got hit in the leg by the attack.
 
In his frustration, he completes a series of seals before using. “Raiton: Doki no Raishin Jutsu (Lightning Release: Wrath of the Thunder God Technique)!” As he crouched there, he holds his hands out towards Sasuke. After a few seconds, lightning and thunder surrounded his body. As soon as it appeared it starts to send jolts toward the Uchiha. After dodging the first few blows, the jolts seem to speed up by tenfold. After successfully hitting him, Raisuga gets up and starts running at him, kunai in hand. Although I could tell it was difficult, Sasuke was able to use Shunshin no Jutsu (Body Flicker Technique) in his pain.
 
“Katon: Gokakyuu no Jutsu (Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique)!” Yells Sasuke as he exhales a mighty fireball from behind Raisuga. Luckily for Raisuga, he uses Kawarimi no Jutsu (Body Replacement Technique) to get away using some ruble.
 
Both opponents were now panting, using some many jutsu and body exertion. Sasuke took advantage of this and tried another jutsu. “Katon: Inferuno Mari no Jutsu (Fire Release: Inferno Ball Technique)!” A medium sized ball of blue fire was shot quickly from his mouth.
 
`That technique!' I thought quickly. `Is easily B-ranked! Fugaku or Itachi must have taught him that, seeing as it's one of their specialties.' The burning orb was too quick for Raisuga and got caught, burning his arm. Raisuga yells in pain as he clutches his shoulder, falling to his knees.
 
“Winner by (cough) defeat and immobilizing the enemy, Uchiha Sasuke!” Hayate calls out, getting a squeal of triumph from Ino. Sakura smiles at his success, nodding her head.
 
“Next match! (Cough) Kagami Haku vs. Inuzuka Kiba!”
 
Glancing over my shoulder at Haku as he passes, I ask. “Kagami? Mirror? That's a little obvious, isn't it?”
 
Turning his head towards me, he smiles. “It was that or Hikari (light).”
 
Smirking, I look back down at Kiba. “Don't go overboard, okay?” He just nods before using Kiri-Shunshin (Mist Body Flicker) to get down.
 
“BEGIN!” Yells the Tokubetsu Jounin (Special High Ninja) while jumping back.
 
Getting to work, Haku draws a few senbon, launching them at Kiba. Kiba barely had time to dodge the speeding weapons before Haku tried to kick him in the face. Bending back, Akamaru jumps over him and lunges at Haku's open form. Quickly jumping back to avoid the dog, Haku draws more senbon before launching another wave at him. Using Shunshin to get distance between them, he uses Shikyaku no Jutsu (Four Legs Technique). Charging him with increased speed, Haku jumps over him before Akamaru lunges again. Using Hyoton (Ice Release), Haku creates a single spike from the water bottle and Akamaru has to dodge it.
 
Landing on Kiba's back, he yells. “Juujin Bunshin (Beast Human Clone)!”
 
As they charge Haku from both sides, he asks. “Haku, right? Aren't you the one that Naruto brought back from Kirigakure?”
 
Bending back to avoid damage, Haku responds. “Hai. Why do you ask, Kiba?”
 
Jumping back before Akamaru charges again, he speaks. “Are you a guy, or a girl? Kinda hard to tell, sorry.”
 
Haku dodges by jumping into the air and throwing a few senbon again. “Male. I have a question for you now.” Kiba nods his head while trying to swipe at him. “Why does everybody think I'm a female?”
 
Kiba chortled. “Look at yourself! You look like one! Adding to that you have a girl like voice!”
 
Ducking under Akamaru as he jumps at him, Haku keeps on talking. “Is that so? Well, if I had more water then this.” He says, gesturing towards the water bottle. “I would have won.” Smirking as he finished the last line, I could tell he was looking for a sore spot.
 
Growling, Kiba says. “Yeah right! I'd still beat you even if you had water!” Swiping at him again, Haku tries to hit him with a senbon.
 
I decide to speak up, hearing Haku's decleration. “Haku! Maybe if you use the water part of Hyoton, you might be able to condense the air enough to get some!” I yell down, getting looks from the rest of the Konoha Juuni (Leaf Twelve).
 
“Actually, that might work Naruto-kun!” Haku chorused before using one-handed seal while dodging the pair duo.
 
“Sensatsu Suisho (Thousand Flying Water Needles of Death)!” Directing the attack at Akamaru. Although quickly getting to the only escape route, he gets scathed on the leg, canceling the Juujin Bunshin. Jumping back, Kiba growls while trying to get close to Akamaru.
 
After inspecting Akamaru carefully, he yells. “Tsuuga (Piercing Fang)!” Spinning at high speeds and towards Haku. Haku was instantly focusing, although I could tell it was straining him, and created an ice mirror to match the attack. By know, Haku had used some chakra and was slightly tired. Kiba was not as tired, but did look hurt from colliding with the ice mirror.
 
“Damn, you're stronger then I thought.” Kiba pants out.
 
“Enough talk, Hyoton: Haryuu Moko (Ice release: Piercing Dragon Fierce Tiger)!” Water started to appear around him before freezing and forming a large tiger that charges at Kiba. Now I knew this wasn't an actually Kekkei Genkai technique, it's increased by it. It helps by first allowing the user to create ice without needing it nearby and increasing its strength. Kiba barely dodges it, but feels the bite caused by the intense cold surrounding it. Taking advantage of his distraction, Haku gets in a well-placed senbon, paralyzing his arm. After this, he kicks him in the face from the right side, the side with the paralyzed arm.
 
Inspecting Kiba, Hayate concludes his lose. “Winner, Kagami Haku!”
 
“Great job Haku!” I yell as he walks up the stairs.
 
“It was easy, all I had to do was ware him down.” He says nonchalantly, waving his hand in a dismissive way.
 
“Yeah right! I saw you! You had some trouble! Granted not that much, but still.” I shot back, getting a glare.
 
“Haruno Sakura vs. Yamanaka Ino!” Hayate interrupts our conversation.
 
“Oh, great1 I have to fight Ino.” I hear Sakura growl, glaring at the arena.
 
“Don't worry Sakura-chan! As long as you avoid her Shintenshin no Jutsu (Mind Body Switch Technique), you should be fine! Oh, and did you get the scroll?” I ask, getting quizzical looks from Sasuke and Kakashi.
 
“Hai! Naruto-kun!” She says before leaving to the battle arena.
 
(Sakura's P.O.V.)
 
`Since Naruto-kun gave me that scroll, I know I can beat Ino!'
 
(Flashback)
 
As I practiced the Rasenuzumaki no Rikujou (Spiraling Whirlpool of the Land), I complete the fourth step.
 
`Yes! Now all I need to do is learn the fifth step!' I yell in my mind, happy at my accomplishment.
 
As I cheer myself on, I sense another chakra signature and enter the Ryuutai Kata (Fluid Style) instantaneously.
 
`Wait a sec! I was never this good at sensing another's chakra before! Those chakra control exercises are really helpful!' I thought to myself as a bush rustled. Then the fox from earlier, Rokubi no Zotto (Six-tail Shiver), appears with a scroll in mouth.
 
“You are Haruno Sakura, correct?” She asks as she places the scroll on the ground. Nodding, she bows before continuing. “Daini-Shukun-sama (Second Master), Daiichi-Shukun-sama (First Master) has requested that I give you this scroll. He said it contains techniques that you might be interested in. He also told me to tell you that you shouldn't over exert yourself.” I pauses her for a minute, waiting fro me to absorb the information. “Do you require assistance, Daini-Shukun-sama?”
 
“No thank you Zotto-chan.” I answer, picking up the scroll.
 
“Then I shall take my leave.” Exploding out of existence in smoke.
 
“Now what have we here?” I mutter to myself as I open the scroll.
 
Konichiwa Sakura-chan!
 
Sorry I left you earlier, but you looked distracted. I knew you'd probably be out in the training grounds, so I told Zotto-chan to give you this! This contains a few various leveled water techniques, and the final step of Rasenuzumaki no Rikujou. Hopefully these will help you against whoever you fight! This also contains a secret to help with water techniques!
 
Sincerely
 
Uchiha Uzumaki Naruto
 
Kirigakure no Jutsu (Hiding Mist Technique)
D-rank, Supplementary
Nezumi (Rat) (Side note- I would put correct hand seals here, but I don't know which one they use. All I'm going to do is put random seals.)
 
Quite simple really, all you need to do is charge the least amount of chakra and release it into water, controlling it to form mist. With extra chakra, you can make the mist heavier. Helpful if you're facing someone who needs to know your exact location to use a technique. Also, you should prefect your chakra sensing capabilities before using.
 
Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu (Water Clone Technique)
C-rank, Supplementary
Hitsuji (Sheep)-Tori (Bird)
 
A little harder then Kirigakure, but still the same in basis. Just form the water into the shape of yourself. Clones are capably of using techniques and attacking, like the Kage Bunshin (Shadow Clone). Except these are only one-tenth your strength and cost less chakra. In addition, they cannot stray to far from the use.
 
Suiton: Rikiddo Shotto no Jutsu (Water Release: Liquid Shot Technique)
C-rank, Offensive, All ranges
Hitsuji-Nezumi-Uo (Fish)-Tori
 
Gathering water from around the area, an oval shape appears as you hold out your hands. The more chakra formed into technique, the larger and more powerful the blast. After reaching its max, it's fired out quicker then most can see. Only those with Sharingan and Jounin to mid Chuunin like abilities are able to see the attack. Although quick, it is actually quite weak, only being able to damage Rookie Chuunin. It's actually my water technique of choice because of its ability to increase power by adding ballistic mounts of chakra, making it effective for me and others like me with large chakra reserves.
 
Suiton: Suiryuudan no Jutsu (Water release: Water Dragon Blast Technique)
B-rank, Offensive, All ranges
(Lets just say that I put all fifty-four hand seals)
 
Okay, first off, don't use this unless desperate and are able to get all seals in. Second, takes quite a bit of chakra, so uses up most of your store. Unlike the others, this needs a large water source. Quite powerful, so if able to pull it off, most Chuunin facing this attack would be unconscious.
 
Rasenuzumaki no Rikujou (Spiraling Whirlpool of the Land) Final step
A-rank, Offensive, Short range (0-5m)
No hand seals
 
This step is the hardest since it takes the best chakra control. First off, you need to integrate chakra into the spinning water, keeping it consistent. After that is achieved, you must create a chakra like shell around the water to keep it stable. After it's stable, you don't need to keep of focusing, because it becomes self-stabilizing. Although an A-rank technique, it does not use up as much chakra, similar to the Rasengan (Spiraling Sphere). From here, you can do what I can't, and that's adding true water manipulation. I don't really think Hyoton can create a Suiton: Rasenuzumaki no Rikujou (Water Release: Spiraling Whirlpool of the Land) because it only controls to a basis. So technically, this is your own signature technique even though I gave you the basis, you can improve where as I can't!
 
Now this is a technique that I've been working on, but if mastered, there really would be no need for water in Suiton (Water Release) techniques! Using chakra control and water manipulation, you condense the water around you. It's the same as you were doing with the fog, except this is without the extra water in the air! Also, this technique requires precise chakra control.
 
Hopefully these techniques help you!
 
P.S.
 
After you complete these techniques, come to me and I'll start teaching you Raiton (Lightning Release), Fuuton (Wind Release), Katon (Fire Release) and Doton (Earth Release) as well as more Suiton!
 
P.P.S.
 
It might be harder to learn the Fuuton techniques since wind is waters weakness when it comes to chakra manipulation.
 
`Wow! This should take a while…' I trail off.
 
(Flashback end)
 
“Ino, I hope you're ready to lose! Because I'm not going to go easy on you!” I call out, taunting her.
 
“Yeah! Right! Forehead! We all know I'm the stronger shinobi!” She yells back.
 
“Sakura-chan, don't go easy on just because she used to be your friend.” Naruto calls down from the sidelines.
 
“BEGIN!” Yells the exam proctor.
 
“Suiton: Rikiddo Shotto no Jutsu!” I call out as I finish with the Tori seal. I could easily tell the surprise on everyone's face except Naruto as a burst of water hits Ino square in the chest.
 
Groaning, Ino sits up. “Damn forehead! What the hell was that?!” She asks while standing up.
 
“Ha! Compliments of Naruto-kun! Now I'll show you another technique he taught me! Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu!” I call out again landing on the Tori seal. Concentrating as hard as I could, four appear from thin air. I couldn't help but laugh at the surprise on Ino's face. “I've learned that if you can manipulate water element chakra, you can use water techniques with having water around!” I claim as the first charges Ino, forcing her back.
 
“Damn it Naruto! Would you go and teach Sakura these damn techniques!” I hear Ino say to herself. Drawing kunai, she dispels three of the clones, while one dodges. Dismissing the clone, I enter the Ryuutai Kata. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kurenai gasp, Asuma's cigarette fall out of his mouth, Kakashi's eye widen, Hayate look at me, Gai even had the decency to look surprised instead of his strange attitude earlier.
 
Ino foolishly charges me, hoping to catch me off guard as she saw me eyeing the Jounin. Tipping to the side as she threw a punch, I spin around her. Trying to kick me although I was behind her, I block her foot and push off of it. Using the momentum gained, I slam my palm against her side, causing her to stumble away.
 
“What the hell?!” I hear Ino spit out. “How the hell are you doing that? I know you're not that strong!”
 
Adjusting my stance a little, I answer. “It's called the Ryuutai Kata. It uses your own attacks against you by giving me momentum.”
 
“In that case!” She yells as she throws kunai at me, which I block with my own. Jumping back, Ino sends another barrage.
 
Putting my hands in the Nezumi seal, I call out. “Kirigakure no Jutsu!” I could feel the sap of energy, but didn't mind. That training was worth it!
 
“Crap! I can't use Shintenshin is this fog!” I hear Ino curse. Trying to do what Zabuza did, I try and project my voice from all around.
 
“So, Ino? Give up yet?” I ask, sliding closer to her signature.
 
“Where are you Sakura?!” I hear her yell.
 
`Apparently, she hasn't mastered chakra sensory.' I deadpan in my head.
 
Forming hand seals silently, I whisper. “Suiton: Rikiddo Shotto no Jutsu!” Putting more chakra into it this time, I launch at Ino f through the mist. To my pleasure, I hear a yelp come from her. I move noiselessly from my previous spot, not wanting to get hit.
 
`I'll let Ino have a chance by releasing this fog.' I think to myself, pulling chakra out of the mist.
 
`Big mistake!' I yell in my head as I hear.
 
“Shintenshin no Jutsu!” Ino yells as she appears in front of me using Shunshin.
 
(Naruto's P.O.V.)
 
`Great! Sakura got caught again!' I mutter in my brain, watching as Sakura's body lifted its hand.
 
“I, Haruno Sakura, Admi-.”
 
She starts, before I yell. “COME ON SAKURA! YOU CAN'T LET THAT SASUKE FAN GIRL BEAT YOU! YOU'RE BETTER THE THAT!” I yell, hoping to get the same reaction as the last time-line. Thankfully, God was on my side as I saw Sakura's hand weaver before falling.
 
“I will not lose to Ino!” Erupts from her mouth, once again surprising everyone.
 
(Sakura's P.O.V. Mindscape)
 
“What the?! I'm losing control!” Ino says in my mind.
 
“Ino!” I warn dangerously as I saw Inner me appear behind her.
 
“Ino! Get out! Before I make you get out!” Bellows Inner me, grabbing Ino after enlarging.
 
“I have to get out of here before I die!” I hear Ino gasp out before disappearing.
 
(Real World)
 
I stumble to my feet as Ino wakes up. Smirking, I form Naruto's seal, well, his favorite seal.
 
“Kage Bunshin no Jutsu (Shadow Clone Technique)!” I callout, seeing all the Jounin eyes widen as two clones appear. The clones make there way to Ino, holding her arms before I hold out my hand.
 
“Hey! Ino! This is something Naruto-kun taught me! Are you ready?” I ask as water starts to appear in my hand.
 
“What are you doing?” Asks Ino, spying the ball in my hand that was start to form a chakra in the center.
 
“You'll find out in a sec, but Naruto said I wouldn't have it complete by the time I was in the preliminaries. I my not have mastered to its full potential, but what I have mastered the first steps to accomplishing that!” I smile smugly. As the water started to spin, I look around find everybody, I mean everybody, including Naruto, staring wide-eyed at me as I completed the fourth step.
 
As I finish the fifth step, I yell. “Rasenuzumaki no Rikujou!” Shoving the mighty attack in Ino's gut, I smile as I see her flung to the wall.
 
She's unconscious, I know that, but everybody kept staring at me, before Hokage asks me. “Sakura-san, who taught you that?”
 
Looking over at him, I blush from embarrassment. “Ano, Naruto-kun.”
 
Turning his attention to Naruto, I hear him continue. “Naruto, how did you learn that?”
 
“I didn't.” He says nonchalantly.
 
“Then Sakura-san lied?” He asks.
 
“No, I made that move myself. But gave it to Sakura because she's a water manipulator whereas I, am a wind manipulator.” Nonchalantly, again.
 
“How?”
 
“Just based it off of the Rasengan, changing it to water element capable instead of wind element capable…” He trails off.
 
“Ano, could we get back to that later? We have preliminaries to finish.” Naruto continues.
 
Nodding his head, Sandaime calls for the proctor to continue.
 
As I walk up the stairs, I could feel the eyes on Naruto and me.
 
(Naruto's P.O.V.)
 
I ignored the eyes on me as I lean against the rail with Sakura lean next to me as we watched the next fight commence.
 
I watch as the next four fights begin and end.
 
The first was Shino vs. Zaku. Not to my surprise, Shino won with little effort in his part as his bugs injured Haku's arm beyond repair.
 
The second fight was also predictable, being Gaara vs. Lee. I really wanted to step in before Bushy-Brows got injured, but opted to instead Gai as we watched Lee leave on a stretcher.
 
Fight three was Tenten vs. Temari, the latter coming out on top. Temari repeated her three strikes your out as last time, ending with Tenten's back on the fan.
 
The last match was Misumi vs. Kankurou. Once again, Kankurou snapped his neck, but the bastard didn't die because of his operation.
 
“Final match! Uchiha Uzumaki Naruto vs. Motami Uryuu!”
 
`Finally!' I thought to myself as I stood.
 
“Naruto-kun?” I hear Sakura ask.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Kick his ass!” She yells enthusiastically.
 
Using Konoha-Shunshin (Leaf Body Flicker) to make it down to the arena.
 
“An Uchiha? You look nothing like that one.” Says the fairly large Gennin.
 
“I'm adopted.” I explain, glancing at Sasuke.
 
Holding out his hand while smiling, he asks. “ I don't really like making enemies, friends?”
 
Giving a smile of my own, I answer. “Sure! Just no hard feelings when I beat you.”
 
Laughing, he jumps back. “We'll see about that!”
 
“BEGIN!”
 
“Katon: Karyuu Endan (Fire Release: Fire Dragon Flame Missile)!” I call out, going through hand seals faster then most Rookie Jounin. Uryuu smirks and uses Kiri-Shunshin to dodge.
 
“B-rank technique? I say that's quite impressive!” Uryuu claps.
 
“Well, to be so calm and collected, I'd say you're about three years my senior.” I calculate, looking over his appearance and his voice. “Meaning you've had more experience on the battlefield.” He claps once again, nodding.
 
“Although you may be my junior, you have as much if not more skill then me!” He adds to his earlier comment while flipping through hand seals.
 
“Shippuu Yaiba (Hurricane Blade)!” Wind swirls around his arm before becoming like an extension of his own arm.
 
Flipping through my own seals, I whisper. “Fuuton: Shippuu Ooi (Wind Release: Hurricane Shroud).” A gust of wind surrounds me before coming so close to the skin you'd need a Dojutsu to see.
 
“Naruto's gotten stronger! Just look at him! I beat he could take on Sasuke-kun!” I hear Ino whisper to Shikamaru.
 
“That, and in the academy, Naruto didn't know all those high-level techniques. He might have been hiding them though.” He responds, catching the glance I throw towards them.
 
“Uryuu, I won't hold back, just to warn you.” I deadpan. `Well, not as much as I would the others.” I thought to myself. Falling into Zettaiken (Absolute Fist), I wait for him to charge. When I entered this kata (Style) Ojii-sama's eyes widened, but I'm the only one that noticed.
 
“That kata, I've never seen it before…” Uryuu trails off, looking at me, inspecting Zettaiken. Taking his chances, he charges.
 
`Big mistake buddy!' I thought as I grab his arm flip him over. Landing on his feet, he tries for a kick, only to miss above my head and hit his arm. Sweeping him off his feet, I axel kick his stomach before jumping back.
 
Getting back up, he starts with the hand seals again. “Raiton: Hekireki (Lightning Release: Thunderclap)!” A large pulse emits from his body, sending volts down my spine.
 
`Damn! He paralyzed me!' I thought, as I couldn't move my body. Taking no time, he appears before and kicks me in the chest. As I slide to a halt, I take out a kunai and throw it at him. Dodging the weapon, he doesn't notice I'm going through seals.
 
“Doton: Retsudotensho (Earth Release: Split Earth Turn Around Palm)!” Uryuu jumps in the air as the ground starts to soften around him. `Perfect!' I thought to myself as I went through more hand seals.
 
“Suiton: Suigadan (Water Release: Water Fang Bullet)!” Water spikes appear around the Motami, crashing into him. Although he doesn't scream, I see the pain on his face. He lands on his feel, but I see he's shaking a little.
 
Forming a hand seal, he says. “Rai Bunshin no Jutsu (Lightning Clone Technique)!” Six clones form from the electricity emitting from Uryuu. Looking over at me, I notice that they still have the ability to shock me if I touch them.
 
`Water has the advantage against lightning, so here we go!' I think before forming the Hitsuji then Tori before calling. “Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu!” My clones charge, matching the Rai Bunshin (Lightning Clone) in battle, and when a Mizu Bunshin (Water Clone) was defeated, the exploded, sapping the electricity in the Rai Bunshin.
 
Uryuu was now up again, holding his ribs. “You're a much better fight then anticipated! But lets finish this here with are strongest techniques?”
 
Looking him over, I nod before smirking. “Ready?” As I finish that word, he's off on seals.
 
“KAZE NO YAIBA (Blade of Wind)!” Uryuu yells, charging me.
 
“RASENGAN!” I yell back, ignoring everyone except Uryuu.
 
When the two techniques clash, Rasengan easily rips through Kaze no Yaiba like butter, sending Uryuu flying.
 
I stand there, looking at each of their reactions and chuckle.
 
Kiba, normally the dumbest, just looks at me with shock as he just got back from the infirmary. I could tell he knew that technique; its reputation was and is high and mighty.
 
Hinata had activated her Byakugan while I preformed the technique; gasping at how much chakra I pumped into it.
 
Shino remained passive, but I could tell by the little bit of enhanced senses left from the half-demon form he was astonished. The smell was unmistakable, a small bit of what seems like sweat and seawater.
 
Kurenai was another story; she was looking directly at me. She had a look of fear, and astonishment as well. Her mouth was slightly open, eyes hard but revealing.
 
Looking over to team ten, Ino had woken up a while ago, and was gawking, the smell excitement coming off of her in waves.
 
`Damn Ino's fickle! If I remember correctly, Ino had no one, after Shikamaru went for Temari, she didn't seem as lively…' Shaking my head, I continue my inspection.
 
Chouji had actually dropped his bag of chips, although he got over it quickly and pulls out another. He'd been watching since the Sakura-Ino fight after recovering from his fight.
 
Even Shikamaru, the lazy genius, was wide eyed. He knew of the Yondaime's techniques, and there I was, using one of them.
 
Asuma's cigarette had fallen out, dropping to the floor.
 
Looking over to my team, Sakura is just smiling and ignoring the others.
 
Kakashi's book lay forgotten on the ground, his one eye wide as saucers.
 
I didn't need to smell the jealousy coming off of Sasuke; you could just feel it radiating from him. Just to irk him, I smirk at him before mouthing, `Like it?'
 
What happens next in my mind is ironic. I thought Gai would have been all over me with `The Spring Time of Youth', but he wasn't. In fact, he was more surprised then Asuma, because he wasn't doing anything, the Konoha no Kedakai Aoi Mojuu (Leaf's Prideful Green Beast) was still as a board, same with Lee.
 
Tenten was still unconscious, so it didn't really matter.
 
Neji on the other hand, was shocked. He had never seen me actually use Ninjutsu, so to use such a strong technique in front of him was a real surprise.
 
Kankurou and Temari were surprised, and actually gawking, although impressed. Gaara looked like he didn't really care, but I could tell he was impressed by it.
 
Hayate looked like he was paler then usual, Baki was also pale.
 
That's when I smell him, Orochimaru. Looking in his direction, I see him smiling. I really want to rip his throat out, but restrained myself.
 
Finally I look at Ojii-sama, and nearly piss my pants. His face was surprised, shocked and most of all, angry. I knew it was because I hadn't told him, and he trusted me.
 
Keeping his angry down for the moment, he says. “Hayate, you will explain to them about the finals, Uchiha Uzumaki Naruto and I shall take our leave.” Teleporting away, I knew that if I didn't follow, I was in for some pain.
 
(Hokage's Office)
 
“Naruto, I have some questions.”
 
I audible gulped in his presence. “Hai, Hokage-sama!”
 
Taking deep breath, he starts. “First off Naruto, there's something you're not telling me, now is the time to.”
 
I look to the side, before replying. “No, Ojii-sama, there's something that I can't tell you. I wish I could, but no, I can't.”
 
Nodding his head, he asks. “Can you tell me how you learned Rasengan?”
 
“It was my father's technique, I have a right to it.” I laughed when his face took upon a shocked expression.
 
“H-how-.”
 
“I have known since birth, because that's when my Zekkougan was activated, I even know my mothers name, Reiku.” I interrupt him, glancing back at him. “Could you tell me about my mother?”
 
A small smile spread across his face before he spoke. “Reiku? So that was Arashi's wife?” He chuckles before continuing. “Well, I didn't know that Reiku was Arashi's, but Reiku was a medic-nin, just like her sibling.”
 
I froze. “S-sib-ling?”
 
The smile grew even larger then before. “Reiku was sister to, one of my students.”
 
At this my head jerks towards him. “Please tell me it's not Orochimaru.”
 
“No, no! Orochimaru had no siblings! No, Reiku was Tsunade's sister.”
 
WHAM!
 
That's the sound that was accompanied that statement as my jaw hit the floor
 
`Obaa-chan is my Aunt?!'
 
“B-but then why did she leave?! She still had her sister!” I demand.
 
“She left before Reiku died, hoping that she would be alright.” Explains the old Hokage.
 
`Then why didn't she ever mention her when we first met?' I ask myself, looking to the floor. `That's even more reason to support what I will do when the time comes.'
 
“Ojii-sama, I need to go.” I tell him.
 
“I know, you should get ready for the exams. I let you off the hook, but only because of this! And these words must never leave this room understood?” I just nod before disappearing.