Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Life and Times of Sasuke Uchiha ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: For some reason, My first disclaimer wasn’t posted, so here it is:
I don’t own Naruto, but Masashi Kishimoto does. I wonder how much he’d sell it for?
(AS if I have that kind of money XD)

Chapter 2: Naruto and Sakura: Friends or Foes?

Our raven haired protagonist was waiting for Iruka to tell them the names of their new teammates and their own teachers. Sasuke was particularly hoping it would be Kakashi Hatake, because he’d heard that he possessed the Sharingan, something which deeply intrigued him because he’d have a teacher to help him awaken his own dormant Sharingan…

He was then jolted out of his thoughts when Iruka walked in, closely followed by the rest of the jounin soon-to-be sensei. Sasuke was rather disappointed when he didn’t see Kakashi among the midst of the jounin, but decided he could awaken his own Sharingan by himself. ‘It’ll be like a test’, he thought to himself, and Iruka began to speak.

“ As you guys know, today’s the day you genin get assigned to your new sensei, each being of jounin rank. You may not be announced to which team you are today, but do not worry; tomorrow there will be a continuation assignment for you ninja in training to be given away to more jounin.”

Sasuke looked at the gangly arrangement of jounin. Out of the six, there were three he knew; Sarutobi Asuma, the wind natured jounin, son of the Third, Yuuhi Kurenai, the genjutsu using no-nonsense ninja, and Maito Gai, the eccentric taijutsu specialist. He was hoping to the very depths of his soul that he didn’t want to be on Gai’s squad; he was good at taijutsu, but ninjutsu was more of his area of expertise. And besides; who wanted to wear that weird jumpsuit anyway?

At a young age, after the deaths of his late parents, he was forced to teach himself how to do the mandatory Katon jutsus for an Uchiha: Goukakyuu no Jutsu, and the harder but much stronger Katon: Ryuuka no Jutsu. His father as he was dying had once told him that he should not blame himself for this, but focus his sorrow on getting stronger, stronger then the other survivor of the ‘Uchiha Massacre’; as the village had dubbed it.

Suddenly, there was a huge explosion of smoke and leaves, making Iruka halt his speech in alarm and he saw Iruka’s hand slowly reach for his kunai, but Gai laughed and blurted out “Ah, my rival! You’ve finally showed up!”, with a smirk on his face, and through the smoke, he saw a smiling Hatake Kakashi.

Kakashi looked up at the students, glanced to Iruka, bid his silent greetings, looked at the students and said one word: “Yo.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
AN: Next chapter in the series……PLZ R&R Kudos if you do!