Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Love Unspoken ❯ Scroll I: One Fine Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, just some characters I created…

Hi, this is my first fanfic; I hope you guys enjoy this. This fanfic starts after 5 years, so they will be 17 years old.

Summary: Naruto and co. are already 17 years at age. They came all the way to become a jounin; they have become closer over years of teamwork and hard work. But as they grew closer, two certain people have uncertainty feelings for each other. Two twins will come to their lives; will there be troubles ahead for the two or the other way around?

Main pairings: sasuxsaku; naruxhina; naruxsaku friendship

Scroll one: One Fine Day

After seven years at Konohagakure, team seven grew closer. Naruto will always be Naruto; a lot taller than before, his feelings for Sakura have gone, and now, he's chasing Hinata but he's still the cheerful and ramen-loving freak. Then there was Sakura; she grew to beautiful lady. Her body became curvy, and her ways became more matured; she and Ino became best friends again along with Hinata. Sasuke, on the other hand, still looks the same but taller than Naruto or Kakashi, and became more fit and muscular. He still has his cold exterior in his face but when it comes to his teammates he lets his warmer side took over him a little, especially when it comes to Sakura.

The three of them seldom train together, except some occasions when Kakashi called for them to train together. Like now, Kakashi called for them again for the forth time in a month; it was obviously he missed them but he just won't admit it and he keeps saying that he wanted to check his ex-students if they are still physically fit. Of course, he is like a father to them; if not a brotherly image to them. One thing is still the same; he is still the latest to arrive in their meetings and always make up lame excuses and gets scolded by an obnoxious Naruto and an grown up Sakura.

"Aaaa… why does he keep calling us to meet him! It's too damn early! And he is the one who is always late, I bet that he's still sleeping now!" Naruto said grouchily, frustrated by his sensei for holding a meeting in an early hour.

"Shut up, dobe." Was the only response he had from Sasuke.

"Hey bastard, have you seen Sakura-chan? It's rare that she's the one who the latest among the three of us." Naruto asked again. Sasuke just let a frustrated sigh escape from his mouth. Just then, they heard ruffles at the bushes; they put up a fighting stance expecting someone to attack them.

"Ch-chotto! Relax guys it's only me! Hehehe… sorry if I scared you." A familiar voice came. Then they came to see Sakura; she was the one behind the bushes.

"Sakura-chan!!!! Ahahaha… Ano… Sakura-chan, I'm not scared. It was the bastard who was scared not me… ahahahah…" said Naruto; pointing a finger to Sasuke who glared at him. "You two are too tense, relax a bit okay?" Sakura suggested trying to get two calm down before they can even get each other's heads off like they always do. Those two have not yet let go of their rivalry even once for the past years.

"Sakura-chan? Why did you came from the forest not from your house?" Naruto asked again from boredom.

"Why don't you use your coconut, dobe. She came from training, idiot." Sasuke shot back from what he called Sasuke earlier.

"Deme!!!! Sasuke yaro!!!" Naruto was fuming at Sasuke now. Sakura stood up and again tried to stop the two from bickering, unfortunately it didn't work. Naruto's fist clenched, and was about to reach Sasuke's face but he didn't even budge and keep staring at Naruto. Closer… closer… a hand grabbed Naruto's arm, refraining his fist to get to Sasuke's face.

"Stop it, or else I'll skin you two alive or spoon your eyeballs out!!!" Sakura threatened them.

"O.O!!!" they never expected that from her so they kept quiet not to annoy her unless they really want to get scrapped.

"Mou… you guys never learn do you?" she dropped Naruto's hand and sat beside Sasuke, she was not aware that she could have seen a crimson blush crept up in Sasuke's face for sitting so close to him. Naruto pouted for not having to hit Sasuke in the face and sighed. He focused his attention on Sakura as he sit on the ground across the two. He saw Sakura's angry face now taken over by drowsiness; her eyes started to droop but she tried to keep them opened.

"Ne Sakura-chan, you look sleepy," he asked with concern.

"Huh? Oh, I can't sleep last night and I've been training this whole morning since I can't sleep."

"Souka na,¾" before Naruto can even say anything a sound of 'POOF!' can be heard.

"Ohayou, Minna… Sorry I was late I was, lost in the road of life and…" Kakashi came with his excuses again.

"KAKASHI-SENSEI!!! You're excuses are sooooooooo…. LAME!" Naruto exclaimed. "You keep telling us that lame excuse, maybe you're just off buying a new perverted volume of your Icha Icha Paradise."

"Now, now, it's not perverted you see, Naruto. It just contained some itsy bitsy adult content, okay?" Kakashi tried to reason with Naruto while the two just sit there watching them as they reason out.

"Those two never learn, don't they?" Sakura asked slightly amused at how those two manage to bring their own reasons. [If they won't shut up, I'm going to kick their butts!] Exclaimed the inner Sakura.

"Aa, they never will." Sasuke answered with slight amusement in his eyes as he looked at Sakura at the corner of his eye.

"Ne, Kakashi-sensei what are we doing here in the first place?" Sakura asked.

"Oh! Yeah, the Fifth told me that you three would be on vacation for at least a month. Umm… I guess it's because that you three have been busy with missions lately. The continuous in and outs from the village, so she let you guys go on vacation, and she's very thankful to you. That's all I guess," rubbing his chin, wondered if he had missed anything.

"Vacation? Wahoo! Yeah!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Oh, and today I am free so I will take you guys to a picnic more of a reunion of team 7." Kakashi added.

"Honto, Kakashi-sensei?!?!" Naruto exclaimed at him and simply nodded and looked at the two eyeing them. "So what do you say? Sasuke? Sakura?"

"It's alright. I'll go. How about you?" she asked Sasuke as she leaned closer to his face examining him. Sasuke just turned away abrupt ably and nodded.

Kakashi grinned under his mask as he saw the hidden blush in Sasuke's face when Sakura neared him. He also guessed that Naruto may have seen the blush too because he was giggling almost like a girl.

And then, he led them the way to a wide field, some trees are there enough for a picnic spot and for a shade. Not far from the field was an old inn. Kakashi was beginning to plan what to do that day so their time won't be wasted. They went in to the warm cottage and found themselves sitting on the couches, relaxing as Kakashi sensei was on the counter of the inn. Later, Kakashi approached them carrying two baskets for picnic.

"Picnic?" Sakura asked.

"Yep! Come on, I've got things all planed out!" Kakashi tried to sound normal and also tried to hide his malicious grin in his face. I've got things planned put all right! Naruto chirped, as Sasuke and Sakura looked at each other before looking at their sensei, dumbfounded at what he has said. They settled under a large Sakura tree; all of them unpacked the things and place the foods on the ground.

"So nice to be here… arigato, Kakashi-sensei." Sakura leaned at the tree trunk across their picnic spot and closed her eyes as she enjoys the feeling the breeze kiss her cheeks. Naruto silently walked towards her and sat in front of her examining her face. He really did missed Sakura even though they often see each other; it was her attitude that he missed. She changed the year before, she had not been obnoxious as he did and stopped from giving him lectures and from beating him. She somehow managed to forget her feelings towards Sasuke at changed herself to be calm and collected but never emotionless. He had been Sakura's secret keeper; she told him her secrets and asked for advices. She even told him that she gave up on Sasuke! That really surprised him, he always thought that she was kidding when she asked him on how was she going to talk to Sasuke about that matter.

He went on examining her and inched closer.

------------------------------------------

Not very far from them, a fuming Sasuke can be seen as he looked at Naruto inching closer to Sakura's sleeping form. What the hell is my problem? My face is burning! It's not like I care, do I? She's not even mine! Stupid Naruto, for getting close to her. And Sakura, for making him feels like this. His fist clenched as he mentally screamed at himself. His feet seemed to have a mind if its own, which started walking towards them.

"Oi, dobe, what are you trying to do? Kiss her? If you do, let's see how Hinata will react to this." He threatened Naruto to keep him away from Sakura.

"You're jealous aren't you? Hehehe… I can see right thru you!" Naruto retorted as he did his famous foxy grin at the Uchiha.

Jealous? Over them? … Is this called jealousy… this unknown feeling… he never responded to Naruto as he simply strode off from the spot leaving the thinking Sasuke and the sleeping Sakura. Sasuke sat beside Sakura a few moments later, the same distance between them when they were still at the meeting place.

Sakura unconsciously laid her head on Sasuke's shoulder for support, which led her to a more comfortable sleep. Sasuke, on the other hand, did not know what to so. He just stared at her sleeping figure resting in his broad shoulders. He raised his hand to her cheek and gently stroke it while a ghostly smile crept up Sakura's sleeping face.

--------------------------------------------

Kakashi smiled beneath his mask; his plan is slowly succeeding. He witnessed the whole scene; from Naruto moving closer to sakura to Sasuke showing his first ever gentleness to a person, who is sakura.

--------------------------------------------

Sakura slowly awoke, her head still resting on an unknown person's shoulder. She looked up and gaped in surprise, a thousand emotions rushed through her veins, she never thought it would be Sasuke. Why… am I resting on his shoulders? And… and this feeling, why am I feeling like this? Again?

"So the sleeping beauty has awakened, you still haven't received a kiss from your prince charming don't you want to wait for it?" Sasuke teased. His words shot up her out from her reverie and looked at him strangely before turning it to a softer look.

"No, I don't think I'll wait for it anymore." She flashed him a warm smile and arranged her position. Sasuke stood up and offered her a hand to help her up, to his and her self's surprise, when took it and stood up, she suddenly lost her balance and cling on to him.

"I guess I'm still a little bit dizzy from the sleep… hehehe" she choked. Sasuke held her tightly on the waist and blushed when he realized their position. She let go of him, now that she can stand properly and sighed in relief. "Come on, Kakashi-sensei must be waiting Naruto."

"Aa."

They slowly walked towards their spot to see a sleeping Naruto beside a reading sensei. Kakashi snuck a glance at the pair and manage to produce some words from his mouth. "This sleeping ugly here have been waiting for you guys to return, unfortunately he doze off."

"Well, it's getting dark. If you two don't mind, could we sleep here? Just this night? Please for your dear sensei? Kakashi put up his puppy dogface at his two ex-students who stared at him disgusted.

"Demo, Kakashi sensei… my mom will scold me!" Sakura protested.

"Don't worry about your mom. I've already told her." He said making Sakura's jaw drop.

"Well, why did you still ask me?"

"Just to make sure!"

"Fine…"

"Sasuke? You?"

He just looked at his sensei, who took it as a yes and stood up and started dragging Naruto behind towards the inn.

"He's up to something isn't he? Better keep your eyes peeled." Sakura said hesitantly.

"He just misses us yet he don't want to admit it. But you're quite right, he's up to something."

"Hah… this is one friggin' day, better yet, we should enjoy it. Sou deshou?"

"Aa. I guess you're right."

Sakura walked beside Sasuke humming a happy tune, while Sasuke was amused in her mood swings but still they enjoyed each other's company as they silently walked side by side to the inn.

TBC…