Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Misdemeanors of Two Kunoichi Part 1 ❯ Brianna's side Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Midnight Misdemeanors of Two Kunoichi
Brianna's Side of the Story
Part 1
Auhtor's Note:
Summary:
Brianna Davis and Sakura Haruno had been dared to do this. Hell they knew what would happen if they got caught and they weren't too happy with the prospect of facing the consequences considering that it would end in their ultimate demise or worse; captivity. But really, breaking into the Uchiha compound and steeling one of Itachi and Sasuke's shirts shouldn't be too hard right? Right?
Rating: T
Parings (If you didn't get before hand): Ita/OC and Sasu/Saku
WARNING: Itachi and Sasuke are slightly out of Character, mostly because the Uchiha massacre never happened, though I will explain the mechanics to that at the end of the chapter.
DISCLAIMER: NEED I SAY IT? I OWN NOTHING! Accept Brianna who is not for sale and is totally mine and will be published in a book later on in my life… maybe… if I can finish my own fiction let alone my fanfics.
 
Outside Uchiha Compound 10:03pm
Brianna's POV…
I glanced at Sakura with worried eyes and then back at the ever looming Uchiha Compound that lay before us in all of its expensive glory. I winced at the thought of what we had been forced to do and then glanced at Sakura for hopeful confirmation that she was feeling the same fear as I was. She gave me a look that had fear showing though out her eyes and features and I knew for certain that we were both done for. If we got caught doing this… Fugaku and Mikoto would never let us into the Compound again and Sasuke would have to resign from team seven and Itachi…
I ground my teeth at the thought of that sadistic bastard.
Itachi would never let me live down the fact that I had purposely went into his room to steel one of his shirts!
Don't get me wrong, though, I wasn't bad at the prospect of stealth or the ability to implement it, but Itachi was just slightly better at it then I was and it was he who I had to steel from.
At this moment, I didn't care what the rules of Konoha were; Ino was going to meet her demise by my hands after this little ordeal; if I don't die first. Judging by the look that Sakura had on her face, she was thinking the same thing that I was.
The rosette nudged me in the side and gave me an alarmed, but serious look, “Meet me back here in an hour, right?”
I nodded and glanced around the compound in thought. There had to have been a way to get safely into it without the guards noticing. Well, I had my own useful method that has fooled every Uchiha I've used it on, but Sakura was a bit… well… the best she could do was to try and avoid being seen. I really should have taught her my technique back when she was apprenticed full time under aunt Tsunade (1).
“Right and don't get caught or else you're screwed,” I whispered back and then melted into the shadows.
I really did melt with the shadows because I actually can turn invisible. It wasn't that hard at least it wasn't hard for me, but I knew for a fact that Sakura was really envying my ability right now.
I walked into the Uchiha compound through the front gates without the two guards noticing me and waited on the other side to make sure that Sakura was able to get though. I searched for a bright flash of pink and was rewarded with a small flare that was within the Uchiha compound's bounds and I sighed with relief.
Soon I was looking for Itachi's room. Why do I have to do Itachi you ask? Because that was part of the stupid dare that we both had to do.
Previously, Sakura and I had been at our friend, Ino Yamanaka's, house for her birthday party; she was turning seventeen. So anyway, we all decided to play Truth or Dare and… well… I'm sure that someone spiked Hinata's drink because, A: she suggested that we play the game and B: She suggested that we be in teams of two. So Sakura and I had been paired with each other and Ino had gotten a hold of our truth or dare turn. To put it plainly, we chose dare, and now we're here about to steel shirts from Konoha's two most eligible bachelors. If we were to get caught, we had to humiliate ourselves more by acting like we were fangirls.
The good thing about that was Sakura had the idea of fangirl down from her previous years of going after Sasuke (which she didn't do anymore). I on the other hand, never really went for crushing over the impossible. Any Uchiha male fell broadly into that category.
I was finally under Itachi's window silently praying that it was the right one and that he wouldn't kill me when he found me.
I inspected the opening from where I stood, invisible, in front of the window. It didn't appear to be locked, so I opened it with practiced care and silently slipped into the room. I nearly sighed in relief when I realized that Itachi was nowhere to be seen and that, if he went to the restroom, gave me enough time to raid his closet and find a shirt.
I deactivated the invisibility charm I had used to cloak my visual presence and walked over to Itachi's closet as quiet as a mouse. When I opened it, I was overwhelmed with the most amazing scent in the world. Itachi, apparently, liked to make his freshly washed clothes smell like pine from a pine forest that had recently received some snow. A gentle blush adorned my cheeks as I wondered if he even knew that I liked the smell of fresh winter pine. Especially winter pine on cold nights during the month of December; while there is already snow on the ground, but no pine tree in the area (Konoha didn't have many pine trees).
It took me about a minute to get my head back into focus from the sudden whiff of pine that had hit me the moment I opened the door and I resumed my search for a good shirt to snatch.
For a guy who normally wore black with the traditional Uchiha crest on it, Itachi sure had a lot of clothes that didn't look like a t-shirt. Vaguely I wondered why he never wore them out in public, but I cast that thought aside when I found a long, for me, shirt that was black and had the symbol of the Uchiha clan in the front with no turtle neck. I took it off its hook with a triumphant smile on my face as I realized that I had completed my dare.
I turned around right into a strong, if not hard, chest. Two hands clasped around my shoulders and I felt an annoyed curse escape my lips. A deep chuckle was heard from above and it sounded amused. I looked up to find Itachi smirking at me in the moonlight that streamed through his window. I decided that the fangirl act Ino wanted me to do would have been deemed pointless in this situation seeing how much of a fool I had made myself look already.
“Brianna, why are you in my room? With my shirt clutched in your hands no less?” he asked.
I contemplated my answer and decided that I should try to keep up with the fangirl act even if I didn't completely further my embarrassment by going all out. I was doomed for eternal living hell thanks to Itachi.
“I'm in here because I wanted to steal your shirt and do… unspeakable fangirly things to it,” I declared boldly.
Itachi raised an eyebrow and smirked even more, if that was possible, “Brianna, I never knew that you were a fangirl of mine. But, since you've managed to find ways and breath to call me a sadistic bastard every time you see me, speak to me, or even talk about me, I'm afraid that your story is irrelevant. Unless,” here he gave me a playful look which I thought should have been made illegal, “you harbor secret feelings for me? But that in itself is quite preposterous since, knowing you; such an act would make you feel unworthy of my acknowledgement and demeaning to your character. This brings me back to the fact that I would truly enjoy knowing your actual intentions for your being here with one of my shirts in your hands.”
I gulped, thought for a second, and came up with, “Your shirts smell like pine?”
He looked, if possible, even more amused than before and I seriously wanted to brain him as hard as I could.
“Strange, the pine smell is recent. Actually the last time I saw you I distinctly remembered that I had been wearing… what was it? Sweat? That's right I don't recall ever meeting you with clean smelling shirts on since by the time I have finished with mourning practice, the scent goes away. It used to be lavender until I was able to convince Okaa-san to change the scent to pine; at least… my scent anyway. But, I must conclude that since you previously never knew about my pine scented clothes, your reason is once again invalid,” he finished with a triumphant look on his face.
I stood there in his arms feeling quite stupid and unsure of what to say. Ino had told us not to tell the boys about the reason for our invasion, but Itachi was really causing her to run out of ideas.
“Has Sakura made it past my brother so you think?” Itachi asked suddenly.
I answered without thinking, “Oh probably, knowing Sasuke he'd let her do whatever she wanted if she invaded his room. I mean, it's obvious that he likes her and…” I shut my mouth as I realized that I had just given away Sakura's position.
Itachi had the gall to laugh at me again.
“I noticed Brianna; my latest mission has brought me back to my house later than expected. If you had arrived slightly earlier, then you would have gotten away with your little charade. Now, tell me why you are in my room,” it was no longer a request, it was an order though it still sounded like he was amused at me.
“Ino dared me to! Happy!” I hissed in annoyance.
There was no use not telling him. How else was I supposed to keep something like this from the Uchiha genius that was three years my senior? I wished that he would let go of my shoulders so I could die in shame at my predicament.
“So, what is with the pine?” I asked in an effort to change the subject.
“Why do you ask?”
I took a breath, “Because I really do like this type of piney scent.”
I could feel rather than see his smug look that was most likely on his face.
“Ah, you do? That is comforting,” he replied in a monotone.
My jaw dropped and I glared up at him, “How the Hell is it good?”
My voice was a mere hiss in the air and Itachi's sounded like a soft drumbeat as he chuckled at my astonishment.
“You will know later little Kitten,” he muttered.
He then let go of me and held his hand out, “My shirt if you please?”
I glared at him and handed it to him and he stepped past me and to his closet to put it up. I decided that it was time for me to go and began to inch my way towards his window.
“I didn't give you permission to leave, Brianna,” said Itachi in a calm voice from where he was hanging up his shirt.
I mentally cursed and turned back to stare at him (more like glare) while he finished finding the specific spot and hanger the shirt went on. He then, after putting the shirt up, proceeded to remove one of his other shirts and my jaw dropped in astonishment.
“What are you doing?” I asked.
He turned to smirk at me, “I'm helping you complete your dare. Yamanaka-san isn't very quaint with her dares and her punishments are never pleasant when they don't get carried out. What would have been your punishment I wonder?”
I scowled at him as I remembered what I had to do if my dare failed, “Seduce you.”
I avoided his smug gaze and stared at the hand his shirt resided in as he held it out to me. I tried to snatch it, but he held it back.
“Now, now, for my services I would like some sort of payment.”
He stared at me for a second and then gave me another smirk which I interpreted to mean that I was doomed. I sighed in resignation and hunched my shoulders.
“Fine, what the hell do you want?” I asked.
Itachi chuckled dryly and held out the shirt, “I haven't decided the nature of my payment yet, but I can assure you that I will come up with something later on this week. Be prepared to see me some time and I will relay my conditions to you.”
I gaped, “Conditions?”
Itachi nodded, “Yes, did you think that I would accept any small trinket? I want something more useful in return.”
I glared at him and snatched the shirt from his hand.
“Fine! See you later then!” I snapped and stormed out of the room through the window; making sure that I masked my presence while doing so.
The next day I was training with my team after a restless night thanks to Mr. Stick-up-the-Ass and I was dog tired and ready to both fall asleep and mutilate the very Uchiha who caused my discomfort. From then on I vowed to never again pick dare when Ino had my fate in her hands.
“Hey Brianna, you okay?” asked my teammate Mirisaki Hyuuga.
I shrugged at her question and pinched the bridge of my nose trying to get rid of the annoyance that I felt for a certain Uchiha heir. Our sensei, Natsumi Hiranoi walked up to us along with our other comrade, Kukai Hino. All three of them looked concerned, but at the moment I was too tired and annoyed to care.
“I'm fine why?” I shot back at Mirisaki.
Mirisaki rolled her eyes and shook her head, a sure sign that I was about to receive a lecture.
“You have horrible bags under your eyes, you've been hit by my attacks which you find quite easy to dodge, and you look like you're about to fall over. That's not normal for you and neither I nor any of us want our medic to be out of commission when we depart for our mission in a few weeks. It is our ultimate duty to make sure that you are safe,” she insisted in her formal manner of speaking.
In the Hyuuga clan, some of their families liked to teach their children the more formal way to speak to friends and comrades. It had taken me a few years, but she had finally stopped calling me Brianna-hime or Brianna-sama after much insisting on my part. Kukai and Natsumi-sensei began to berate me as well and in the end, I just told them that I was going back to my house to get some sleep. Itachi was going to get it when I woke up from my rest. Maybe I'll slip him a potion that will keep him awake for weeks on end and stifle his attempts of falling asleep.
My musings on revenge were short lived, though; because the sadistic bastard himself appeared suddenly out of the blue while I was passing Icharaku's to get to the Hokage Tower. He walked up to me with a smirk on his face when he found me and I, as smart as I was, decided to try and avoid him. Again, the Uchiha heir was slightly faster, and he caught my wrist with his hand. I could have sworn that he had been on the other end of the street, but what can I say? It's Itachi Uchiha.
“What do you want Uchiha?” I spat more then asked him.
The Uchiha heir raised an eyebrow and said, “Did you forget our little deal? I have finally figured out what I wanted you to do.”
Wow that took him… about twelve hours. I vaguely wondered what could have prompted him to come to me as fast as he did. I scowled just to hide my curiosity.
“Alright, what do you need me to do?” I asked.
Itachi gazed down at me for a second before nodding his head.
“My ANBU team needs someone for a mission that we'll be going on. One of my conditions is that you do not tell anyone about what you are doing and the reasons for it. The mission is for me and a woman of my choosing must go to a great city and talk to the feudal lord that runs the place. He is known as the duke, I am sure that you've heard of the western implications of the title duke. You will be posing as my fiancé and I will pose as your husband while the rest of my team will pose as our guards and protectors. I will be visiting as an ambassador from the Uchiha clan (the feudal lord already knows my name) and you as my fiancé must attend one of his balls. Tsunade had gained intelligence from ANBU spies in that city that there might be some foul play behind the ball and we must check it out. The ball will be held in two weeks time and we must be there by the end of this week. Are you clear?” I stared at him in shock while he gave me that same annoying smirk that's been plastered on his face for who knows how long.
That smirk of his was beginning to piss me off.
“Alright, assuming that I do go along with this, how do you propose that we pull this off? I mean, it's not like we're even friends, so how are you… acting is it? You're going to have me act? I've never acted as a wife or seductress or anything like that before! I've never dated anyone before!” I hissed at him mostly because I didn't want to draw attention.
Itachi chuckled earning stares from passerbies. I didn't blame people for staring; I mean Itachi wasn't really known for chuckling no matter how sadistic his laugh sounded right now.
“I am certain that you will rise for the occasion, Brianna. Now I suggest that you go and pack because the ANBU team will be leaving tomorrow. I will inform your sensei of your absence. Farewell,” he bowed and left; just like that.
I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to fume or not. I mean, Itachi was forcing me to be his fiancé to some sort of ball in some city for some ANBU mission that I never asked to be a part of. I guessed that he must have been confident in my abilities to not mess things up even if I wasn't. Then again, I guessed that I should at least be flattered. After all, Itachi was the best ANBU captain in Konoha, so for him to pick me of all the women in Konoha to be his bride to be to a ball for a mission was something that any girl in the village would die for. But this was where I knew that he had me cornered on the lines of hating him and admiring him. Surely he knew that I had no experience in how to act like I was engaged to someone? He had to! He had to know that I was possibly the worst candidate for the job that he could have ever asked for.
In the end I concluded that he was asking me just to spite me and torment me for breaking into his room and trying to steal his shirt. How was I going to pretend that I was in love with him for a week and a half? If Ino found out, she'd use the information to blackmail me into kingdom come! NOT COOL UCHIHA!
 
Tsunade is Brianna's aunt for a complicated mass of reasons that all involve her first born brother that is not in the anime or manga mostly because he didn't really exist. I made him and Brianna's connections to the Senju clan up. Why? Because I could and I'm a bored person.
Anyway, this is the first part to a four part chapter story for Brianna and Itachi's side of the story. Sakura and Sasuke (after much due consideration) I have decided to put on another different story all together. I haven't quite decided what to do with them yet, but I have a vague idea. Ideas from all of you are most definitely welcome.