Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows ❯ Slipping Away... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~~<( Anything Goes Tsuihousha Oekaki Studios )>~~

 

LA~LI~HO~!! I'm back with another ficcy. YES. ANOTHER. I know, I suck. I was just in a funk, and out of all of the angst-y Naruto ficcys I've read, I haven't seen one like this. Not one! So, I decided to write it. The thing that really got meh into the mood to write this in the first place was the music video for the song "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows" by Brand New. I totally suggest seeing it people. Just go to Launch.yahoo.com and search fer the song. And now I felt sad writing this. Now I feel worse after reading it. It's sad, in my opinion… If persuaded, I will make another chappie! If I do, you guys might have to wait fer a while. I'm in 8th grade right now and meh mom's friend Amy, Amy's daughters Nikki, Kiere, and Kiere's baby are coming over from Georgia fer the Thanksgiving Weekend. So in other words, I won't have much time even if I am persuaded enough. Enough ranting. Bai~!

~Lina and Excell

a.k.a. Dancing_Kitsune

Title : The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows…

Chapter : 1 : Slipping Away…

Disclaimer : Let's think. I'm sewing my own costume. It takes meh two years to earn enough money in order to buy the next set of Naruto DVDs off of E-Bay. Read the manga off of the internet. Sure, I own Naruto…

Random Knowledge Needed In Order To Understand : Naruto and Sasuke are 19 yr olds. Everyone supports them being together, `cause it's necessary fer how everyone needs to react. They live together at the New Jersey Shore. Yes, they live in the real world. And, yes, I know, I'm evil.

Warnings : suicide attempt, sasuXnaru

Reason fer writing this : That über-sad video and meh evil MUSE!! IT'S HER FAULT!!!! >> <<;

 

**************************************************************** ***********************

On with the story

**************************************************************** ***********************

 

"Hey, Naruto-chan! I'm back!" Sasuke called out as he closed the door behind him. At the moment, it was generally nice outside compared to the conditions the previous night. Right now, they were in the eye of a hurricane that had taken two weeks to get to. And it was expected to take another two weeks to be out of the storm completely.

The only reason that he had went out was because Naruto told him that he needed some things from the store. Only little things, though. Like milk, bread, ramen, cereal, ect. Just a little shopping trip, so that they don't starve when the hurricane came back as tyrant as it was the night before.

That was about a half-hour ago.

Sasuke had had trouble getting down to the store with the roads being slippery and the traffic being worse than he could ever remember. Another problem was that the store was packed with people who had the same thought on their own minds as he did.

Hanging up his coat and slipping off his shoes. Putting his car keys onto the counter and he walked into the room with the bags.

"Naruto?" he called out. He was confused at why his kitsune hadn't come rushing over to greet him yet. It… It worried him.

"Naruto." He called out in annoyance. `It must be one of his pranks..' He reassured himself.

No response. Only the sound of his own voice echoing throughout the home.

"Naruto? This isn't funny." Still no response. After calling this many times, he started to get scared.

He walked into the kitchen, only to find it empty. He put the bags on the table and started to search for his little kitsune. He checked living room, to find nothing. He went upstairs and checked the bathroom, too, but to no avail.

Then he rushed to the bedroom, fearing the worst but still hoping that Naruto had merely fallen asleep. Hesitating, he reached for the door nob and opened it…

The inside of the room was so dark. The lights were off, and the shades pulled shut. He could see a slumped over figure, but he couldn't quite determine if it was a body or one of the blankets that were discarded last night that he had neglected to replace. So Sasuke switched the light switch "on" with a click.

And there Naruto was, all the way in the far corner of their room.

Unconscious.

His legs were pulled close to his chest. His arms extended out onto the floor with several deep gashes from the insides of his elbows all the way down to is thin, bloodied wrists. Crimson pools already surrounding the tattered limbs. A discarded, blood covered knife near his left hand. Empty bottles of Aspirin and Nyquil laid by his right along with a couple of empty bottles of water.

The boxes to the mentioned medications sat on their bed, which looked messily torn open, proving that they were both, at one point, full.

He stared in horror for an extremely short moment, then immediately grabbed the phone to his right as he rushed over to the blonde. He checked to see if Naruto was still breathing as he called the EMS. He held the wrists as tight as he could, attempting to slow the blood flow down as much as he could.

"NARUTO! NARUTO, PLEASE, NARUTO! PLEASE WAKE UP!" Sasuke pleaded as he attempted to wake the blonde. "YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME ALONE HERE, NARUTO! I'D DIE WITHOUT YOU!" He cried out, hoping that his love could hear him, as a lone tear streaked down his pale, agonized face.

Outside, the sound of sirens screeching, ambulances rearing up to the house. Several pairs of feet could be heard climbing the steps rapidly and entering the room. One paramedic removed Sasuke from Naruto as three others lifted the frail body onto the stretcher.

Outside, a crowd was forming around the front. In the front was Ino and Shikamaru. Naruto was being brought out of his house on a stretcher, wrists wrapped in several layers of gauze, blood already seeping through, oxygen being pumped into him. Sasuke following soon after, joining Naruto and the paramedics in the ambulance.

The sight that Ino saw caused her to shake her head in disbelief and cry into Shikamaru's shoulder. Shikamaru was dumbfounded at what to do, still in shock himself. He thought that Naruto would be the last person this way.

In no time the paramedics were ushering the blonde into the ambulance, Sasuke joining in the back. The ambulance's sirens screeched as it roared towards the hospital.

**************************************************************** ***********************

"Haruno residence. Sakura speaking."

"Oh my god, SAKURA!!!" Another girl cried to Sakura over the phone.

"Ino? What's wrong??"

"SAKURA! IT'S NARUTO!" Ino choked out in between sobs.

"What's wrong with Naruto, Ino?!" Sakura asked with fear in her voice.

"He was taken to the hospital! He tried to KILL himself, SAKURA!" She sobbed loudly into the girl's ear.

"OH MY GOD!!! I'LL TELL EVERYONE AND WE'LL MEET YOU THERE, INO!!" Sakura yelled into the other girl's ear. In the background you could hear Mrs. Haruno and Lee asking what was wrong and why she was on the brink of crying. Right before she hung the phone up, you could hear her tell them what happened. You could hear as the two gasped at the horrible information.

**************************************************************** ***********************

They brought the usually tanned, though now paled, blonde into the emergency room. It took several bodyguards to hold the hysterical raven-haired boy from following the blonde into the room. He did everything he could think of to try to get out of their grasp. Kick. Scream. Punch. Repeatedly. Then one of them told him that if he didn't calm down, they would have to drug him so he would, and he just stopped thrashing around as much. But that didn't mean that he stopped freaking out.

He did stumble backwards until his legs hit the seat of a chair, in which he collapsed into. At that, he slumped over and held his face in his hands. With that, he quietly sobbed.

When Sakura, Ino, Hinata, Tsunade, Iruka, Kakashi, Lee, Shikamaru, Kiba, and Jiraiya came in and saw Sasuke with his face in his hands, sobbing. They all rushed over. They now knew how bad the situation really was.

They gave their comfort to each other as they saw fit. Sakura and Ino were holding his hands and saying reassuring words. Lee tried to comfort Sakura, while Shikamaru tried to comfort Ino. Hinata and Kiba exchanged worried looks as they sat across from the shaken boy. Iruka just sat there in disbelief, as Kakashi told him that it'd all be alright and that Naruto would be better in no time. Tsunade and Jiraiya sat near the group of troubled teens, with strong faces on, like they thought a pair of parent-figures should.

After a few minutes, Sasuke calmed down to as much as you would expect a teen to that had just found his best friend trying to commit suicide. And now that he was able to talk without being misinterpreted, he was giving the nurses information.

"Uchiha-san, we need you to tell us a few things, that way we know that we won't mess up, ok?" A nurse with dark amber eyes and ebony hair pulled into a of neat bun on each side of her head, told him.

All Sasuke could do was numbly nod his head. Numb. That's how he felt right now. That's all he could feel right now.

"Does he live alone?"

"No, we've been living together since we were 16. That would make it three years on Thursday."

She writes down something on her clipboard.

"Did you see his injuries and or what he took?"

"Yes, he had deep gashes from the inside of his elbows down to his wrists. I also found Aspirin and Nyquil, along with the boxes."

She writes down something on her clipboard.

"Do you remember buying them recently?"

"No, we both have great immune systems and the last time ether of us had headaches was when we were 12, so the aspirin isn't needed. And as far as I know, Naruto does not have any sleeping problems, which would make Nyquil unnecessary."

She writes down something on her clipboard.

"Were you in the residence that he was found at when he attempted suicide?"

"No, he had told me to go to the store to pick up some food that way we wouldn't be hungry when the hurricane became fierce again."

She writes down something on her clipboard.

"Do you have proof? A witness? A date stamp?"

"Yes. Ino, the blonde haired girl over there, saw me pull away from my house at about 2:35pm, when I had left to go to the store. She saw Naruto reminding me to get him a lot of ramen…" He chuckled at the thought of Naruto being so energetic. "I also have the receipt that says that I was being signed out at a register at 2:58pm." Sasuke said as he pulled out the receipt and handed it to the nurse.

She writes down something on her clipboard and clipped the receipt down.

"Thank you, Uchiha-san, for your cooperation. We will let you know any information we receive about Uzumaki-san's condition." The nurse said as she stood up and bowed, then started to walk away.

All Sasuke could do was stare at her retreating back. When she turned around a corner, Sasuke replaced his head in his hands and tried his hardest not to cry. But, alas, it seemed that his best was not enough. In front of everyone, the great Uchiha Sasuke's mask cracked into a thousand pieces and he broke down.

None of them had ever seen Sasuke so emotional since he was eight, right before he became the stoic boy that they all knew. But now, it seemed that all that was left was that scared, alone boy from eleven years ago.

And they didn't know if he could loose another person that was so close to him. They didn't think his mind could handle it. The worst thing was… That they didn't know what to do.

 

Tbc…

 

**************************************************************** ***********************

 

Excell : Buhahahaha! BEWARE THE EVILS OF A CLIFFHANGER!!

Lina : Please R&R and read the next chappies when they come up! Arigato fer your time! We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 (comical relief..)

Excell : I will make sure Lina gets the next chappie up before midnight tonight.. BUHAHAHA!!-OOF! (Lina hit the delirious muse over the head with a pillow) @ . @

Lina : Anyway, all flames will be used to used Sakura at the stake.

Excell : Please send knives and rabid pit-bulls through reviews that way we can have a chase and then skin her alive before we burn her. It makes it so much more interesting when you do so.

Lina : Anyone who reviews gets a picture of Sakura being burned drawn by yours truly!

Excell : Wow, that's something you'd hear from me…

Lina : Plus! We need a beta-reader! If you would be interested, please say so in your review! If you do, I might just choose you and you'll get meh fanficcys a week before anyone else can read `em! Ja ne~!