Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Shy Rabbit and The Wild Fox ❯ The Shy Rabbit and The Wild Fox ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It was a peaceful day in the Village Hidden in the Leafs. Everyone had the day off and as usual Naruto was at Ichiraku's eating ramen.
“Another bowl, please!” Naruto commanded. Outside Ichiraku's, Hinata heard Naruto's voice. W-was that Naruto-kun? She thought. She went into Ichiraku's to find Naruto devouring down yet another bowl of ramen.
“H-hi Naruto-kun,” Hinata mustered. Naruto turned around to see her standing behind him.
“Oh, hey Hinata-chan!” he said with a full mouth. He hurried and swallowed. “I've never seen you around Ichiraku's before. Want to have some ramen with me?” He smiled. Hinata's face became bright pink. He wants to have ramen with me? Hinata asked herself.
“O-okay, I'll have some with you.” She sat down next to him and ordered. “So, N-Naruto-kun,”
“Hmm?”
“A-after this will you walk me home? We have t-to go through the park but it shouldn't take too long.” Hinata mumbled. It took all of her courage to ask Naruto that question.
“Sure, Hinata!” Naruto smiled really big to assure her of his answer. Hinata nearly fainted. She didn't think he would have said yes. Naruto finished his ramen and Hinata finished hers a while later. They got up and left after paying. As they were walking through the park, they spotted an orange haired fox.
“Look Hinata, a baby fox!” Naruto pointed.
“O-oh, yes. Its really cute.” She blushed. She looked around and saw a rabbit. It looked afraid, like it was scared of everything around it. As Naruto ran off to get the fox, Hinata walked over to the shy rabbit. “Hi little one, are you shy too?” the rabbit stared at her. Hinata scooped the little rabbit into her hands and petted its head. It rested at ease, seeing Hinata wasn't a threat. Naruto came over with the fox in his arms.
“Look Hinata-chan, its so cute!” Naruto exclaimed. They went to a quiet area and put the rabbit and fox down. They started playing with each other, like it was a meant to be friendship. If a shy rabbit and wild fox can get along so well, maybe Naruto and I can be the same. Naruto-kun is the wild fox and I'm the shy rabbit. I just hope one day we can be together. Hinata thought. She looked at Naruto, then the playful fox and rabbit. She smiled a soft smile. The story of the shy rabbit and the wild fox. She looked to the sky. Not a bad pair.