Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Song of the Forgotten ❯ Between Reason and Emotion ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here's chapter 5 of Song of the Forgotten. Sorry about not updating this as much as some of my other works. I've been getting slow on updates. This is a story that I work on infrequently, so it doesn't get that much attention compared to others.
 
This story will have 10-11 chapters and I'm in the middle of them with this one.
 
Well, here's chapter five. It's going to have some hot springs fluff.
 
 
 
 
XI.
 
 
Song of the Forgotten
 
Chapter 5: Between Reason and Emotion
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
 
XI.
 
 
 
Sakura could feel the gentle movement against her body as Iruka took her down to the hot springs. He hopped down the large rocks on the steep hill down to the water. He then stopped at the water's edge, sitting down upon the hard surface with the woman still in his arms.
 
Brown eyes looked down softly at her. He was wondering if he should wake her up or not. She looked so peaceful lying in his arms and for once, Iruka felt a sense of peace that he hadn't felt since he had lost his parents to the Kyuubi years ago.
 
He finally felt as if he had someone in his life to live for, someone to come home to and someone to protect in battle. Maybe they were more then team mates. They were two lonely friends who wanted to comfort each other…Who wanted something sacred and special…
 
Dare he think it?
 
That wanted…
 
Love.
 
Did he love her?
 
It felt so odd to think something like that for a student he had in class years ago, but he was beginning to think that that is indeed what he felt. She had asked him the question:
 
“What are we, Iruka?”
 
Iruka liked the way the light bounced off of Sakura's form and the steam of the hot springs, wiped around her form, making her look softer and almost like a mirage in his lap. He liked her gentle touches she used to comfort him when they had both went through a bad experience in battle, he liked the softness of her lips when she kissed him and the way she looked at him, as if he were worth something…And almost like she needed him. Most of all, he liked the way that she didn't shy away from him, even though the two of them making out was an awkward experience for the both of them. The thing that Iruka liked most of all was the way that Sakura showed interest in him, and was equally captivated by him.
 
Iruka had made up his mind.
 
He wanted Sakura…
 
Now that he's seen her, felt her and spoke to her, he wanted her…More then anything else in the world. He knew that Sakura could teach him just as much as he could teach her and he wanted to feel again, to not be so sad and nostalgic over his past and his parent's deaths.
 
Below him, green eyes slowly opened, catching the happy look on his face as she focused in and out, adjusting her vision.
 
Sakura was different to the tan skinned man. He looked up to the skies, seeing through the steam of the hot springs. She made him feel different. He ran his hands through her pink, silken locks, not realizing that she was awake. The girl made no sound, just let him enjoy what he was doing at the moment while wondering why he was running his hands so gently through her hair. Iruka knew that he couldn't just walk up to Sakura and ask her to sleep with him again. He was far too shy to do that, and the man didn't want just that from her. He wanted the love and devotion as well. He wanted the things he'd witnessed over the past few weeks. He didn't know how to tell the girl about the feelings that he harbored within the confines of his soul. Even if he did try, it would just be a bunch of mindless stammering and blushing, not that he could begin to describe them.
 
He looked back down, noticing that green orbs were staring back at him. A flash of paranoia flashed in chocolate orbs. It was now or never.
 
“Sakura…” Iruka said softly.
 
The girl blinked and replied. “Yes, Iruka-sensei.” She had been wondering the whole time why his hands had been running through her hair the entire time.
 
“Could I ask something of you?” He asked the female below him.
 
She arched an eyebrow, wondering what Iruka could possibly want to ask her. “Favor? Well, I don't see why not.”
 
“Stand up and close your eyes.”
 
“What?”
 
Iruka sighed, his bravery was beginning to waiver, he decided to get the sentence in his mind out while he could, before he ended up running away or fainting from blushing so much. “You did say that if you could you would.”
 
Sakura cocked her head at the Chuunin. She wondered what he would do, but didn't think he'd be the type to do something violating to take advantage of her. Besides, if he did that, she'd just have to kick him in the face like she did to Naruto. After a moment of getting over nerves, she finally replied. “Alright.”
 
The girl stood and closed her eyes. “Don't open them, no matter what.” Iruka's firm voice reached Sakura's ears. She went rigid at his request, but she remained still. He gently took off Sakura's hitai-ate, she almost jumped at the touch.
 
“Don't move…Don't do anything…” He murmured into her ear, almost provocatively in Sakura's opinion, which was weird and seemingly uncharacteristic of Iruka. He watched in interest as her hair fell in cascades around her shoulders. He ran his hand through the silken strands once again. It was just as soft as the flower petals she was named after.
 
Weird feelings began to rise from the pit of his stomach.
 
Sakura knew that Iruka wouldn't do anything without her consent. He was respectable, after all. Besides, he sounded so…soft and sexy…
 
Iruka wanted to be the first one to start the courtship between them and he wanted Sakura to feel something that made her feel as special as he felt when he was with her. He wanted her to remember him in the same light as she had Sasuke all those years back.
 
Something stirred within him, and he shifted close to her, almost against her. She was so trusting. But he could tell that she was beginning to grow nervous. “It's alright, Sakura…Trust me.”
 
The pink haired girl was dying to open her eyes. She wanted to turn around and ask him what his problem was and why he was doing what he was doing to her. This was Umino Iruka, her old sensei and a guy that could be really hard on you if you're not careful. Who knew what he was going to do?
 
But Sakura's sense of propriety was somehow overshadowed by the odd feeling of how pleasant it was to have someone touching her hair again. It had been along time since anyone played with her hair, and she figured that it was so short no one would want to bother. As Iruka's hand buried itself in her hair, she could feel her heart pound heavily as she remembered how intense his gaze was upon her when they had made out. Those eyes had left her sleepless for nights on end.
 
She had never seen that look in his eyes before. It was unlike any look that anyone had ever given her. His eyes, which glittered brilliantly under the moonlight, the emotion within them that, rendered her speechless at the sight. His eyes were expressive and captivating.
 
Sakura couldn't open her eyes for other reasons. The reasons that only he could answer. For those reasons, the girl didn't want to pull away or open her eyes. Deep down, she knew something was about to happen, and she wanted it secretly. She could feel something else being tied in her hair.
 
She could feel breath on her face as she opened her eyes to see Iruka, staring at her with that gaze on his face. “You…”
 
“I can't bring our team mate back.” Iruka murmured, his hand caressing the side of her face.
 
“Why?” She replied, looking beside of her, seeing that he had tied the red ribbon in her hair that she had worn to his classes.
 
“But I can give you this.” He smiled. “It's not the one that you wore to my classes, but it still holds memories, doesn't it?”
 
He neared her face and gave her a light kiss on the lips and whispered. “I finally know what we are…”
 
“What's that?” She asked shyly against his lips.
 
“That I…” Iruka froze in place. Now his nerves started to kick in. He could feel his body tremble and the feeling in his knees of growing weak. He blushed to himself and stammered a bit before producing any type of recognizable sentence.
 
“I love you…And I want you to love me too.”
 
“Iruka…” Sakura finally managed to say in an almost breathy voice.
 
Somehow, he had figured that he was moving too fast. Iruka felt his heart sink. Maybe it was too soon. Damn those rising urges…They were now only filled with the butterflies of anticipation as they bounced around in his stomach, hitting the walls and changing direction, like ping-pong balls with no specific direction to go.
 
“I love you too.”
 
“I knew it was a stupid question-“He stopped, floored by her reaction. His eyes widened and his voice was lost to the wind. This time, he had nothing to say, he could only utter `huh' in a dumbfounded tone that made him seem stupid for a few minutes.
 
“I love you too. That's why I asked you what we were.” She held her arm and looked shyly to the side, noticing a small black pebble on the large rock. “I was hoping you'd say that you loved me…So much for the old fashioned way, huh?”
 
“You were?” Iruka asked.
 
“Yeah…” The girl spoke unsurely.
 
“I thought that…”
 
“You thought that what?” Sakura asked. “Why would I ask you what we were and not expect you to say something? I was practically asked you to be my boyfriend.” She sighed. “Are you dense?”
 
“No…Just shy…”
 
“You're shy?” Green eyes blinked in confusion.
 
“Yes, sorry about that.” Iruka replied, putting his hand behind his head.
 
“I needed you, and I still do.” She replied, “Never leave me…”
 
Pink lips brushed against his and pale arms wrapped tightly around his neck. He wrapped his arms around her tightly, kissing her back. The two of them remained in that embrace for what seemed like hours at a time, even though their kiss only lasted a few minutes. The remainder of the time was just the two of them being close together, gazing into each other's eyes.
 
“Well, I guess we should take a bath, right?” Sakura finally said, loosening the embrace.
 
“Yes…Wait, did you say we?” Iruka blushed.
 
“Yes, I said we.”
 
 
TBC
 
 
A/N: There you go another chapter of this fanfic. Sorry for cutting it off short, but there's going to be a real big scene in the next one. This chapter still has a bit of angst, but it has fluff too. Got to actually make the couple happen some way. The next chapter will be angst and fluff, so stay tuned.