Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Three ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Normal Speech”
`Thoughts'
Kyuubi
Prologue -The Beginning
The Three
A lone four-year-old boy with a shock of unruly yellow hair was curled up underneath a tree; his cerulean eyes glistened with tears. Another boy, about the same age, with raven hair and the same colored eyes, watched him silently. When the blonde made no move to get up, the raven moved down to talk to the boy.
“Why are you crying?” he asked.
“I, I don't want to be alone anymore,” the blonde sniffled.
The black haired boy smiled. “Who said you had to be alone? My name's Uchiha Sasuke. What's yours?”
“Uzu, Uzumaki Naruto”
“Let's be friends, okay?”
Naruto looked at the Uchiha. “Thank you,” he whispered, smiling.
From that point on, the boys were fast friends. Sasuke's parents didn't approve of their friendship, so the two learned to keep it a secret. One day, a few months later, they witnessed a group of girls teasing a girl with pink hair and pretty green eyes. Sasuke frowned at this, and the two boys interfered.
Sasuke yelled at the offending girls while Naruto tried to comfort the cherry blossom. Eventually the bullies backed off, and they introduced themselves to the girl.
“Hello. What's your name?” Naruto asked the girl.
“I'm Haruno Sakura. Thanks for helping me.” The pink-haired girl replied.
“Do you want to be friends?” Sasuke asked. “We'll make sure that those bullies never hurt you again.”
The Sakura smiled. This was the first time someone had ever asked if they wanted to be friends.
“Yes,” Sakura smiled, “I would like that very much.”
And so Sakura was added to their group. Sakura got along well with the two boys, and all of them were happy. One week later, the trio was walking along town one day, when they accidentally got involved in a fight between a few chuunin. Instead of beating up each other, it was the children that got the punishment. The boys and the girl just sat there for a while, waiting for their bruises and cuts to stop hurting.
Naruto noticed that some of his cuts had red chakra around them. When the blonde tentavly reached out to touch it, he was sucked into his own mind.
Drip, drip, drip. The sound of falling water was everywhere. Naruto found himself in a sewer were only a little bit of dim showed through the darkness. One hallway stretched perpetually into the horizon, so Naruto followed it.
After a few seconds of walking, Naruto found himself standing in front of a cage with a seal binding the doors shut. A pair of red, slitted eyes opened up and looked down at the four-year-old.
“W, Who are you?” Naruto asked nervously.
I am the great Kyuubi no Kitsune. I must say, you did a good job in finding me here, kit.
“ Kyuubi no Kitsune? I thought you died.” Naruto sad, confused.
Foolish kit. Youkai cannot be killed, only contained. The Yondaime sealed me into your body so you could serve as my vessel.
“I guess that explains a lot…” Naruto said, thinking about how the villagers treated him. “But why did you attack Konoha anyway?”
It's humiliating, but…I was being controlled by a significant other. I couldn't even tell who it was.
“Hmm.” Naruto huffed. “That also explains a lot.”
Anyways. Kit, I see great potential in you and your friends. I want to train you all, as I know of many jutsus that humans use, and I can teach them to you. I want to see how interesting your life can get. Do you accept? I'll tell your friends for you if you do.
Naruto thought over the proposal. Only good seemed to come from it. “I accept.” he said.
Good. Now, I'll tell your friends. Remember, training starts tomorrow.
Naruto's vision turned to that of the waking world. He saw tendrils of red chakra that reached out to his friends, and saw as they stiffened, and then relaxed as the Kyuubi talked to them.
“I think we should do it.” Sasuke said.
“Yes. Let's get stronger, together.” Sakura said.
And get stronger they did. Kyuu-chan, as the trio affectionately called her, taught them many, many jutsus of all types. They all had a favored weapon, and had discovered their elemental affinities. They entered the academy, under the pretense that Naruto was a dobe, Sasuke was arrogant, and Sakura was smart but useless. None of these facts were true. All three of them were about equal in strength. They pretended, and they pretended well. It was all simply to get onto the same genin team, and if it didn't work, they had other ways, even if they weren't quite legal.
On one night with a full moon, their lives changed forever. The innocence was shattered, to make way for a legend that would be known all over the shinobi world. Two words summed it up: The Uchiha Massacre.
Sasuke was happily skipping toward home, groceries in hand. He was looking forward to seeing Itachi-niisan and his mother. But when he entered the Uchiha complex, happy was the farthest thing from his mind. His mother and father lay on the floor, dead. Blood was everywhere. And over the bodies of the dead was someone he recognized. His own brother.
“Aniki…Why?! Mother, Father, Why?!” Sasuke shouted in an anguished voice.
“To test my capacity. That is al-“ Itachi was cut off by the fact that someone had dug a blade into his stomach and skewered his neck in a pair of acupuncture needles.
Sakura and Naruto stepped out of the shadows with disgust etched on their faces. At themselves, and at Itachi, the sick man who would kill his whole family. Sakura went over to comfort Sasuke, who at this point, was crying. Naruto just stared furiously at the corpse of Itachi.”
“I don't want to see this happen ever again. Never.” Naruto said. “If I never see a scene like this it will be too soon.”
Sasuke looked up. “No one deserves to go through this.” He agreed.
Sakura looked at her two friends. “I agree completely. This is horrible.”
“ That's solved then. From this point on, we will live two lives. One, as the Three Elemental Gods. We will stop murderers like these and protect innocent people. The second, as innocent academy students. I won't let things like this go unpunished. Also, it gives us a chance to get real battle field experience.” Naruto said.
“ Let's do this.” Sakura said.
“We have to leave a mark. Let people know that it was us.” Sasuke added. He wasn't over the shock of the massacre, but he just tried to not think about it.
Sakura got up and wrote the characters for “Three” beside Itachi's body with chakra burns. She took out a piece of paper and a brush and wrote
Uchiha Itachi. Crime: Murdering his whole clan except for his younger brother. Punishment: Death, courtesy of The Three.
When that was done, the three children slept at Naruto's apartment, but had to get up and go to the Academy, and pretend nothing had happened.