Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Village Hidden in the Waves ❯ Pledge of Friendship: The Waves Ninja leaps into action! ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Four
Pledge of Friendship
The Waves Ninja leaps into action!
 
The gates flew open. We went in, jumping through the trees to look for a team with an earth scroll. Soon, we were finding nothing, and decided to take a rest.
 
While Suki and Tokeru were lying down, I was still awake, watching over them. I was the squad leader, after all. Just then, I thought I heard commotion somewhere further. I saw Sakura there fending off the sound ninja with a log from above until it was shattered by a sound wave.
I knew it was dangerous and none of my business since we were on different squads, but she was Suki's friend, and my own. Just as they were closing in for her, I leapt towards them, releasing my Chakra into my legs so I could pull off my new Taijutsu move.
“Tsunami kick!!” I called out, hitting all the sound ninja with my water-elemental leg. I then stood with my back to Sakura, getting into a battle stance.
“Wha-? What's he doing here?” Sakura asked.
“Who are you?” the sound ninja in bandages asked.
“My name is Kitsune Yamato, and your stay in the Forest of Death is about to be cut short.”
“Wh-what are you doing here, Kitsune?” Sakura asked me from behind.
“I couldn't have the burden on my shoulders of letting you die when I could have saved you.” I replied as I looked at her behind me.
“But, right now, on this test, I'm your enemy...”
“I don't care, you're my friend Sakura, and I won't let you be hurt.”
Sakura blushed a little. “Yes, thank you, Kitsune.”
“Just watch over Sasuke and Naruto. I'll handle this.”
“Well, well, it seems the tough guy from the waves team came to save his true love this time around,” teased the sound ninja in bandages getting up from the ground. He then pulled out his earth scroll.
“It looks like I have no choice. Zaku, I'll let you have Sasuke. I'll take care of these two. Let's just see if you can stop my blow again, Kitsune.“
He rushed at me with his fist. I took a bottle of water from my pouch and sprayed some out in front of me, then yelling out, “Suisogan!” to activate my Kekkei Genkai and using the water to bounce off the attack. The ninja in bandages looked surprised.
“I know now that you're not using physical attacks, so I won't bother dodging them!”
 
However, I was beginning to lose my balance. My vision became blurry, and I felt sick enough to throw up. In fact, I threw up blood.
“Stop it!!” Sakura cried at the sound ninja.
“What... What's going on?” I inquired, confused at why this was happening.
The sound ninja in bandages laughed. “You think that puddle of yours could stop my attack?”
As I uncovered my hands from my ears, I saw that my palms were covered in blood. I could barely hear anything; I was in such pain. But I knew I had to protect Sakura. I stood, getting into my stance again, thinking of a strategy against these guys. Then, I performed a few hand seals, then I put my hands out holding the last seal.
“Water Style: Water Wave Jutsu!”
Enormous amounts of water came forth from behind me, rushing at the sound ninja, who jumped out of the way and into the trees. But it followed them there, rising and rising until it destroyed those trees. Not seeing them anymore, I figured they had run, that I had succeeded, and Sakura got up and hugged me just as I was going to check on her. I hugged her back, glad she was all right.
“Thank you, Kitsune... I owe you my life...”
“It's all right now... they're gone.”
 
At least that was what I had supposed. But I felt something wasn't right. They went off too easy. Just then, I grabbed a kunai and threw it behind me, and it was indeed blocked by the bandaged sound ninja's sound arm.
“We're not going down that easy, kid!” he yelled at me, coming at me with his attack again.
This time, I took Sakura up in my arms and jumped into the trees, leaving her up there while I jumped up and threw shuriken at them from above. They blocked them off of course, but it had been a distraction. I landed and performed hand seals.
“You guys never give up, do you?” I performed the final hand seal. “Water Clone Jutsu!!”
I produced six clones, which all threw multiple kunai at them, then closed in for a multiple attack. They blocked off the kunai with sound wave.
“Haven't you learned that those don't do anything against-” the sound kunoichi began, but my clones and I didn't give her the time to finish, two of us attacking each. The sound ninja with black hair used the holes in his hand to knock me off with a sound wave this time, and I was left weak and tired, and fell unconscious.
Kitsune...
Kitsune...!
“Kitsune, wake up!”
I opened my eyes, and there was Suki, Tokeru, Sakura and Naruto, kneeling over me. I sat up, looking at Sakura. She had a scared look in her beautiful emerald eyes. Her once long and pretty pink hair was cut for some reason. From the looks of it, it was crudely done, as if with a kunai knife. Before I could say anything, she hugged me.
“Kitsune, I was so scared... I thought they'd gotten you for sure...” she wept.
“Sakura, it's all right, don't worry about me...”
I hugged her back, and Suki told me, “That was a great fight you put on. We didn't see all of it, but it was enough to see that you're an above-average Genin, Kitsune.”
I nodded, and we all went to the river where Sasuke and I caught fish for everyone. Tokeru and Suki cooked the fish in the pans Tokeru had brought with him. Meanwhile, Sakura was sitting against a tree. She told me what happened to her hair.
“I would have done the same thing in your shoes, Sakura... besides... I think it actually looks kind of good on you.”
She blushed. I could tell she rarely got compliments from guys like me. “I think you're pretty handsome too, Kitsune...”
I blushed a little at this, and we both laughed.
We ate the fried fish, and set off on our separate ways, hoping to meet again in the tower. It was a long journey, but soon, the tower was in sight, but as Tokeru had told us before we left: Many ninja were waiting at the tower to get their scrolls, and we were going to outsmart them by taking their scrolls. We walked towards the tower, waiting for them to pop out, soon, three Rain shinobi appeared, asking for our scroll.
“You want our scroll?” I asked them. “Well, you'll have to pry it from our cold, dead hands!”
They rushed at us, but Tokeru scared them away by opening seven of his Eight Inner Gates. and Suki's Genjutsu made them think we were closing in on them. I dealt the final blow by knocking them out with a spiralling side kick.
“Good job, team.” I told Tokeru and Suki, and searched their pockets. We got lucky, they were carrying an Earth Scroll. We headed inside, and there was writing on the wall. Tokeru read it aloud to us, then looked towards us.
“I think we have to open the scrolls now.”
I took the heaven scroll and Suki took the earth scroll. All together, we opened them. Tokeru then noticed that the scroll had a summoning jutsu on them, and told us to get rid of them. We threw them away from us, and a man appeared out of them.
“Huh?” asked Suki. “What are you doing here?”