Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ They Watched ❯ They Watched ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: A twenty minute one-shot. My first try at it. R&R is appreciated.
 
They watched in silence as she struggled to stand. The blonde interrupted their heavenly quietude. Four chances. That was all.
 
“She's decent though, right?”
 
“No.”
 
“She's nice, don't you think?”
 
“No.”
 
“She's smart, you know.”
 
“No.”
 
“She's attractive huh?”
 
“No.”
 
They watched as she struck her foot down against the pavement. None of the two said a word as they watched their female teammate train. It was Naruto who broke the stillness. Three more times.
 
“She's a worthy opponent though, right?”
 
“…no.”
 
“She's kind, don't you think?”
 
“…no.”
 
“She's clever, you know.”
 
“…no.”
 
“She's cute huh?”
 
“…no.”
 
They watched as the ground exploded with the force it was hit with. Naruto remained hushed after his second attempt to strike up a conversation with his comrade about a certain kunoichi. Two more steps. He opened his mouth to speak.
 
“She's strong, right?”
 
“…”
 
“She's caring, don't you think?”
 
“…”
 
“She's bright, you know.”
 
“…”
 
“She's pretty huh?”
 
“…”
 
They watched as she smiled triumphantly. Sasuke never answered. He knew the trick now. One more try.
 
“…She's incomparable though, right?”
 
Sasuke hesitated before answering, “…yeah.”
 
“…She's compassionate, don't you think?”
 
“…yeah.”
 
“…She's gifted, you know.”
 
“…yeah.”
 
“…she's beautiful huh?”
 
“…yeah. She always was…”
 
And in silence, they watched as she grew right before their eyes…they were finally watching her back.