Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Three again ❯ Chapter 2: Fun At the Play Ground ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Three Again

Chapter 2: Fun At the Play Ground
When Temari finally came home later that night she found Sasuke asleep on the chair, Neji and Naruto sleeping in front of the tv, which was still on. Kankurou was asleep on the sofa. Gaara was lying on Kankurou's stomach still watching tv. He looked up when Temari stepped in.

"Hi, Gaara!" she said softly crouching down next to her brothers.

"Where were you?" he asked laying his head back down on his older brother.

"Good question, Gaara, I was wondering that myself," Kankurou said, opening his eyes.

"Oh! Kankurou!" Temari cried, nervously. "Shikamaru and I went shopping, but we couldn't find anything.... and, um, so we went to the neighboring villages in Konoha. But we still couldn't find anything. So we went to the...library to look for a...way to change them back." She gave him a small grin. (Phoenix: What a liar)

"You blew off helping me!!" he cried quietly so he wouldn't wake the others up.

"Don't yell at me!" she shrieked also quietly.

"I have every right to yell, Temari and you know it!" Kankurou said, very angry. He got up pushing Gaara off him. "You can start making it up by staying up with Gaara,” he said going upstairs to bed.

Temari sat down next to Gaara as her baby brother brushed sand of him that had come up to catch his fall. She sighed heavily. "I blew it didn't I?" she asked him. Gaara looked up at her and nodded vigorously. "What exactly did I miss?"

Gaara picked up his and Naruto's pictures that were laying on the sofa next to him. He showed them to her. "Newi ate my crayons." He told her sadly.

"I'll get you some tomorrow," Temari assured him, smiling.

"Kan-whoa's going to get them today," Gaara told her. "Cause you were gone."

Stab. "Oh. Sorry."

Gaara shrugged and continued watching TV.

Kankurou came down stairs the next morning and found Temari asleep on the couch. He glared at her for falling asleep, but he wasn't really mad at her for doing so. He looked around the living room and found it empty of all life forms save for Temari. 'Oh, God, where are they?' he asked himself. A loud clatter came from the kitchen and Kankurou went to inspect.

He grinned when he walked in. Neji and Sasuke were acting as supports for Gaara and Naruto who were standing on their shoulders, going through the high cabinets looking for breakfast. The clatter had been from a bowl they dropped. Luckily it was plastic and didn't break.

"Need some help?" he asked them. They turned (Neji almost dropping Gaara) and nodded. Kankurou got bowls and the cereal down from the cabinet and set them on the table.

Temari walked in as they were sitting down. "Morning." She mumbled, as she got the milk out and sat down with them. They ate in silence until Temari grew too uncomfortable.

"Kankurou, I'm real sorry about not coming home to help you," she said to her brother sitting across from her.

"It's ok," he mumbled with his mouth full of cereal.

"I'm going to make it up to you," she promised.

"Whatever." Kankurou said.

Temari sighed. He was still mad and he didn't seem to believe her. "Today,"
she said.

"What?" Kankurou and Gaara stared at her.

"I'm going to take you two out for lunch and ice cream," she told them smiling.

"Who's paying?" Kankurou asked, suspiciously.

"Me," Temari assured him.

Kankurou and Gaara looked at each other. Kankurou gave him a questioning look and Gaara smiled at him. The brother's turned to their sister and smiled.

"Ok," Kankurou told her.

"Wha'about us?" Neji cried, throwing his hands in the air in distress.

"This is kind of a family moment," Temari told him.

"Your uncle is coming to get you," Kankurou added. "Sasuke and Naruto can stay at a friend's."

"We don't like you Sasuke," Gaara told the black haired ninja.

Sasuke glared at the youngest sand nin and dove across the table in attempts to destroy the little boy. Gaara yelled and jumped off the chair, seeming to forget the sand would protect him. Gaara ran through the kitchen into the dining room, then the living room, then turned back into the kitchen with Sasuke hot on his heels. Naruto jumped off his chair and chased them as well, yelling at Sasuke to leave Gaara alone. Neji, not wanting to be left out, also got up and chased Naruto, chasing Sasuke, chasing Gaara, yelling insane battle cries.

Temari and Kankurou sat and watched the whole thing, cursing themselves for not owning a video camera. Every few minutes the four would enter the kitchen and leave through the other door and repeat the process over and over and over.

Knock-knock.

"I GOT IT!!!" Gaara yelled as he ran through the kitchen one more time, this time shutting the door on his way out.

Sasuke, not being able to stop slammed into the door and fell to the floor. Naruto (this all happens in like 5 seconds) confused at Sasuke's sudden disappearance tripped over the Uchiha and fell on top of him. Neji saw them and tried to stop, but Temari had just cleaned the floor the day before so it was squeaky clean.... and slippery. Crash. Neji fell on top of the two younger leaf nins.

Silence.

"Well, that was the best entertainment that's ever happened in this house," Kankurou said in monotone.

"Yep," Temari said.

At the Front Door...

Gaara tried to open the door, which took him a while since he couldn't reach the handle. And when he did reach the handle he found that his three-year-old hands weren't big enough to turn it easily, which presented another problem. (a/n: I watched my friend's baby brother do this once, it was really funny. Love you Sparky!!!)

Knock-knock.

"I'm coming as fast as I can!" he yelled at the door. Few more tries. Nothing. Gaara opened the mailbox slit. Peeking out he saw a white and blue robe. "Hel-lo?"

The person in the white and blue robe knelt down to look in the mailbox slit.
White-eyes met green eyes. "Good morning, Gaara, is your brother or sister awake yet?" the Hyuuga asked.

"Kan-whoa and Tewari eating breakfast," Gaara said.

"Can you let me in? I'm Hinata's father." Hyuuga said.

"Nope." Gaara said.

"Why?" Hyuuga asked.

"I can't." Gaara said.

"But you know who I am," the Hyuuga head said frowning in confusion. "I'm not a stranger. You can let me in."

"I know you, but I can't turn the handle." Gaara said, demonstrating by trying again.

"Is the door unlocked?" Hyuuga asked.

"Hm-um-mm," Gaara replied, not being able to tell.

Hiashi turned the handle himself and opened the door. Gaara got off the stack of books and moved them. Hiashi stepped in and bowed in greeting to Gaara, whom clumsily tried to mimicked him.
 
"May I speak to your brother and sister?" he asked.

"They're in the kitchen," Gaara said and led the Hyuuga head through the living room and peeked into the kitchen. "Hiwawa's father is here," Gaara said.

Temari 'eeped' and jumped up. "Wait a minute! Don't come in!" she ran down the basement stairs to the laundry room looking for something decent. Mini-shorts and sleeveless tank top were ok for siblings to see, but not company. When she came up later in Kankurou's sweat pants (tied up at the waist with a string) and a t-shirt, Hiashi was sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of tea and Kankurou. Temari sat next to Kankurou and apologized.

Hiashi smiled at them. "Neji is permitted to live with the head family until further notice." he told them. "I've come to take him home."

"Cool," Kankurou said simply.

"WHAT!!!" Naruto cried from the floor where the four kids were listening in.

"Neji is coming home with me." Hiashi repeated.

"Aww! Naruto pouted.

"Can he come visit?" Gaara asked.

Sasuke had no comment.

Neji glares at Sasuke.

Sasuke realizes that Gaara and Naruto and panicks now outnumber him. "Please can he visit?" he asked/begged.

"Perhaps," Hiashi pondered.

Four kids: (puppy eyes)

Hiashi smiled at them. "Come Neji." Neji got up and followed Hiashi out of the Sand House.

Temari sighed and laid her head down on the table. "Only two left."

"You want to get rid of us?" Naruto asked.

"Yes," Kankurou said.

Naruto: o.O !!!

Gaara: finished his cereal

Sasuke: had no comment

After spending the whole morning looking for Kakashi, Temari and Kankurou (with the three remaining chibi's) found him in a bookstore desperately looking through the shelves for the third copy of Make-Out Paradise (apparently he lost his copy). Unfortunately, the store was out.

"Take care of Sasuke?" Kakashi asked, tossing another book behind him, barely missing Temari for the third time.

"Just for lunch and the afternoon," Temari assured him. Temari was doing the talking since Sasuke, Naruto and Gaara decided that Kankurou was their new toy and were climbing on him. "Please?"

"Only for that time," Kakashi said. Another book sailed passed Temari's head and hit Kankurou in the face.

"Ok, thanks," Temari turned and pulled Sasuke off Kankurou and sat him next to the searching jounin.

Sasuke stared at the departing Sand nins feeling betrayed. He looked up at Kakashi and decided that he was the freakiest thing he had ever seen in all his three years of living.

With the exception of Gaara's family.

"As long as you're here," Kakashi said, searching another shelf. "Help me look for Volume 3 of this." he held out Volume 2 of Make-out Paradise.

"Ok," Sasuke stood and looked through the closest shelf.

Five minutes later.

"Kawaswi?" Sasuke asked.

"Yes?" Kakashi answered.

"I can't read." Sasuke said

-.-' Kakashi made that face.

Naruto's babysitter wasn't that hard to find. Instantly dropping Tsunade as a possible candidate, Temari and Kankurou decided on Jiraiya. They walked over to the bathhouses where they knew he would be. Walking behind them, Gaara and Naruto amused themselves by playing catch (a.k.a throw rock as hard as you can and hope it doesn't hit you in the face). And since neither of them could catch, by the time they got to the bath houses, Naruto was covered in bruises and Gaara was unscathed as the sand caught the rock for him.

"Baby sit Naruto?" Jiraiya asked in disbelief.

"Please? Just for a while," Temari begged. (Please note in the background was Kankurou running from Gaara and Naruto who decided that Kankurou looked like a good target to practice their rock throwing skills)

Jiraiya thought for a moment.

Jiraiya's mental picture:

Random pretty girls: "Aw! He's so cute!" (Jiraiya holding little Naruto, surrounded by pretty girls)

end of mental picture

"Ok."

After lunch, the sand siblings stopped at a playground (picture it as the coolest McDonald's playhouse in the world (yes people I still play in the MCD's playhouse even though I'm 20 and yes I do fit the height limit) (shut up phoenix (phoenix: choke on her drink from laughing))), since Gaara wouldn't stop pulling on Kankurou's hair until they let him (Phoenix: how can he pull on his hair? hello! hood! Shieka: these kids are sneaky like that Phoenix: falls over laughing). An hour later and Gaara was still going through every single tube.

Finally, Kankurou got fed up with watching Gaara disappear into the maze of tubes, then come out a few minutes later and repeat the process over and over and over. "Gaara! Come down! It's time to go home!"

"No." came the defiant little voice from some where in the tubes.

"Excuse me?" Kankurou asked.

No answer.

"Get your puny butt down here, NOW!!!" Kankurou said,

"No." Gaara said.

"Don't make me come up there and get you!" Kankurou said.

Gaara's head appeared in one of those net things. "You can't come and get me!
You're to old and FAT to catch me!"

Temari smacks her hand over her mouth and looks at Kankurou. There was an agonizing silence as Kankurou was engulfed in flames. Temari: 'Oh, shit...'

"YOU LITTLE BRAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Kankurou charged into the tubes and went up to where Gaara was. Gaara saw him. Screamed. And ran for dear life.

Temari almost pissed herself trying not to laugh. Reaching into her shopping bag she pulled out a video camera she bought on the way to the playground. There was no way she was going to miss this.

Kankurou chased Gaara, well you couldn't really call it chase, and how about tried to peruse Gaara army crawling through the tubes while his brother stood and ran through them. Gaara dove down a slide and Kankurou dove in after them.

(We now go to Temari's point of view with the camera)

Temari watched (the slide was a pale color and right in front of a window so she could see them) as Gaara dove down the slide and came to a rolling stop at the bottom, laughing. Kankurou dove down, got half way down the slide then...

"FUCK!" he muttered. He really needed to cut back on the pie.

Gaara waved to Temari as he passed her going back to the entrance. He was about to go up then stopped when he realized Kankurou wasn't behind him. The two younger sand nins watched their older brother finally squeeze himself out of the slide and get back on the ground again. Gaara silently crept into the entrance (one of those triangle step things where you have to haul yourself up on (I hate those things). Kankurou spotted him and continued his presuming. Releasing Kankurou he sent his puppet up after Gaara while he climbed up the outside of the thing trying to grab him through the netting. Gaara finally found an exit from the triangle tower thing and climbed into a tunnel. Kankurou ripped a hole through the netting (Kankurou! that's destruction of public property!) and climbed after Gaara.

Temari used up about an hour of her film on Kankurou chasing Gaara through the tubes. Kankurou had tried to give up, but Gaara was having a good time running from him and would taunt Kankurou mercilessly until the puppet user cracked. Kankurou chased Gaara over to the spiral slide. As Gaara went down, Kankurou made another hole in the netting (tsk tsk) and jumped down and waited at the bottom. Gaara came out and Kankurou jumped in front of the slide wrapping the little boy up in an unbreakable bear hug, shouting "Gotcha!!". Gaara yelled and struggled but Kankurou didn't let go. He carried him over to Temari who stopped filming and put the camera away.

Kankurou plopped Gaara down next to Temari. He sat very quietly for a moment then looked up at them.

"I want some ice cream," he told them.

"Only good kids get ice cream," Kankurou said.

"But I AM a good kid!" Gaara insisted.

Kankurou: twitch twitch

"Please?" Gaara begged. He wrapped his arms around Kankurou's legs and hugged him. "Please?"

Kankurou tried to look everywhere but at Gaara. Damn he hated kids. This was one reason why. They to goddamn cute!

Gaara turned to Temari and laid his head on her lap. "...Please..?"

"ALL RIGHT ALREADY!! WE'LL TAKE YOU!!!" the two cried in unison.