Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Three again ❯ Chapter 6: Attack of the sharkman ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Three Again
Chapter 6: Attack of the sharkman

Everyone and their parents stood around a little rock that marked the burial site for Shino's diseased friend who's name he decided was Bug. Shino was crying, but since he was still wearing his goggles he had to empty them out every few minutes. Hinata started to cry because Shino was her friend and she felt bad. Kiba looked uncomfortable and apologized countless times to Shino, promising that he would never hurt another bug in his life. Gaara was clutching Kankurou's leg, not understanding why he felt like crying himself, but he wasn't alone. All the kidified shinobi felt like crying for their friend's 'sleeping' pet.
Shino gave another shuddering sigh, and then Temari turned to Kankurou with a small smile.
"Kankurou, you should say something for him."
Kankurou glared at her, then hid it quickly as Shino looked up at him with a hopeful little smile. "Uh.... Bug...was a... Great bug." he gave a nod like he thought he was done and looked around. Temari glared at him. "He. He wasn't like other bugs; in fact.... he was almost part of the family of friends we've made. He...scuttled and crawled.... and..." Shikamaru's hand was over his face, Kankurou couldn't tell if it was 'oh, brother' or if he was laughing. “.... protected the--the basement from.....attacking...." Temari and Shikamaru slowly raised their heads and stared at him, ".... attacking gremlins from getting up the stairs into the kitchen..." the kids all nodded vigorously and Kankurou smiled, pleased with his first eulogy.
"Do you want to say anything, Shino?" Kankurou asked turning to the boy.
Shino sniffed and shook his head. Sakura and Hinata stepped forward and placed flowers (weeds) that they picked from the front yard on the grave. Then everyone had a long moment of silence.

On a large rock overlooking Konohagura a tall figure in a dark cloak smirked down at the village. On his back was a wrapped up weapon that looked strangely like Sanosuke's zanbato.
"Itachi.... I'll get you out of there. I promise." Suddenly a random crow disrupted the dramatic scene, by doing it's business on the 'menacing' figure's head (Phoenix: CAW CAW!!!). "DAMN YOU BIRDS!!!!!!"

Sasuke, Ino, Akno, Hinata, TenTen, Rin, Neji, Gaara, Kiba, Akamaru and Naurto shuffled through the sickeningly white hallways. By pressing the matter on Shikamaru, which included nearly completely maxing out on their puppy eyes and trembling lips, they learned that Itachi was Sasuke's brother (all kids: overexagerated look of shock). Shikamaru decided not to include the fact that Itachi was a dangerous felon who had indeed murdered everyone in his family but Sasuke. Sasuke, being the loving brother that he was, he decided to visit his poor brother in the mental ward. He was going to bring caramel crèmes, but he accidentally, unconsciously, and most unintentionally ate them on the way. He shared a few with his friends, trying not to give any to Naruto and Gaara, but their look of heartbrokenness twinged his poor twisted soul and they ended up having more then everyone else. But even the kindness of sharing did not erase the fact that they were gone. He decided not to tell Itachi that.
While Gaara, TenTen, Akno, Ino, Rin, Naruto and Neji silently debated about why the hell the walls were so white, and Hinata and Kiba peered into every room and every window and every hallway and at every person and every table and every-- (Phoenix: we get it shut up..), Sasuke concentrated all his will power at the numbers on the doors, however, as he told Itachi, he couldn't read so all the names and numbers on the doors meant absolutely nothing to him and the six of them ended up walking through the entire building (restricted and no restricted), passing the actual room they were looking for about fifteen times. Finally, one of the nurses realized that the same six kids had walked passed her about twenty times and she went to them to ask what they were doing.
"We're looking for Sawuwe's brother," Kiba told her, peering at what she had been doing.
"What is your brother's name Sasuke?" she asked the other five, not quite sure who Sasuke was.
"Sawuwe's-brother Uchiha," Neji answered.
"E-touch-Ee," Naruto said.
"Who?" the nurse asked.
"E......touch.... Eeeeeee," Gaara enunciated slowly for her, then added. "Uchiha."
"Uchiha..." the nurse paused. "Oh! Uchiha Itachi?"
"That's what we said!" Naruto insisted.
"He's in room 105," said the nurse who will now be called Nurse.
"..." Was the general reaction.
"This one right here," she pointed to the door they were standing next to.
The kidified shinobi stared at the door, which read: '105-Uchiha Itachi'. However, this meant nothing to them since none of them could read. But they did recognize the Uchiha symbol since it was also on Sasuke back (Sasuke: "It is?" (Tries to see the back of his shirt but ended up running in circles))
Nurse left them by the door to go in. The other five smiled and poked Sasuke in the back to make him go first. Just as Sasuke was about to reach out and open the door, Akamaru barked softly, however in the silent bleached white hallways it echoed and was magnified ten times louder causing them all to jump and say 'sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!'.
"Awawaru says we should hide!" Kiba tolded them after they stopped shushing. "Someone not-good-guy is coming."
The kids ducked behind a cart-table thing and peered out. Kankurou played hide-and-seek with them and to they were very good at hiding, so there will be no cracks in this fanfic about most of them is sticking out or they're just standing there with their hands over their eyes Phoenix: (hiding with the boys; his butt's sticking out) Ohhh..... (Disappointed) Shieka: And that looked almost amusing, too.). Down the hall was a tall blue person doing overexageration of commando duck-and-cover coming closer, singing the Mission Impossible theme. A nurse and a doctor walked by and he plastered himself up against the wall in a funny position (aka, H-R's "Become the wall!" ) holding a note (aaaaaahhh-uuuuuhhhh-aaaaahhhh-uuuuhhh-aaaahhh-uuu---). The doctor and nurse of course saw him, but since this was a mental ward, thought nothing of it. When they had disappeared around a corner, he unplastered himself and continued the commando thing until he came to Itachi's room. He looked around to see if anyone was watching and started to open the door.
"GET OUT OF SAWUWE'S BROTHERS ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" came the voices of six three years screaming at the top of their lungs.
Kisame, for that was who it was of course, nearly jumped through the ceiling. He turned and saw them charging at him, yelling random things. Caught completely off guard he tried to get his guard up in time to defend himself from them, but to late.
TOUCHIE-FEELIE!!!!!!
"Why are you blue?" Naruto asked.
"Are you a fish?" Ino asked.
"What's a fish?" Gaara asked.
"He's a fish!" Sasuke said.
"Is that a spoon?!" Hinata asked
"Why you gots clouds on your coat?" Kiba asked
"Can I play with your spoon?" Hinata asked.
"Hey, you're bigger then Kank-woah!" Pause. "Let's climb on him!" Naruto said.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (Kisame's screams fade...)

Kankurou and Temari listened patiently as Gaara, sitting on several telephone books so he could see over the edge of the table in his chair, told his adventures of the day over dinner (take-out. Temari had a good day).
"And the Sharkman ran away screaming," Gaara concluded, taking another bite of pizza. He chewed for a while then looked up again with a questioning expression. "What's a shark?"
"A fish," Kankurou replied.
"What's a fish?" Gaara asked.
"Something that lives in the water," Temari answered.
"Then why was he not in the water?" Gaara asked, taking another bite.
Kankurou and Temari exchanged looks. "Maybe he was....looking for water." Kankurou answered finally. Temari gave him that 'that was pathetic look'.
"Oh!" Gaara replied finishing his pizza and taking another one. "And he wanted Sasuke's brother to help him?"
"Sure, Gaara," they said, eating their own pieces.
Later that night around 2am....
It was Kankurou's turn to stay up with Gaara that night. However, the only thing the insomniac wanted to do it seemed was stare at the wall the whole time. With nothing to keep himself awake, the puppet-user's mind slipped into slumber around eleven o'clock. Gaara waited a little longer until he was sure Kankurou was asleep. Then he crept up the stairs and woke Sasuke, Naruto, Hinata and Neji (who were spending the night) up.
Together they crept into Kankurou's room (stopping to play with Karasu for a little while) and began sorting through his ninja stuff. They took out the items they needed then crept down the stairs and out of the house.......