Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Three again ❯ Chapter 9: Gremlin Spots ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Three Again
Chapter 9: Gremlin Spots
"You've got to be kidding me," Temari stated when she came home and found all the kids sitting on the sofa looking miserable.
"Nope," Kankurou said. "Tsunade-sama checked them out. Chicken Pox. Every one of them."
"How did they all get Chicken Pox at the same time?" Temari asked, taking her shoes off.
"Chicken Pox is contagious for the first few days," Kankurou said. "They've all been hanging around each other a lot lately so they caught it from each other. At least that's what Tsunade-sama said."
"What about us?" Temari asked.
"You can only get it once." Kankurou said.
"But, hey!! Gaara's already had the chicken pox!" Temari pointed out. "When he was five."
"He's three now Temari," Kankurou informed her.
"But that doesn't make sense it's not fair!" She went into the kitchen and slumped down. "Why do we have to take care of them?"
"Because we are currently not receiving missions from anyone and the kids all like us and we have less people who could get it. Since we've both had it before," Kankurou shoved his hands in his pockets and sat down as well. They both looked up when Gaara came in, scratching himself, and laid his head down on Temari's lap. "Some of them have fevers too," Kankurou added.
"I miss Bug," Gaara mumbled.
"Why?" Temari asked, rubbing his back.
"Cause he would have stopped the gremlins," Gaara told her.
"The gremlins gave you the chicken pox?" Kankurou asked.
"No they gave us Gremlin Spots!" Gaara said. "Chickens don't have poxs." Naruto came in and lay down on the kitchen floor. Soon all the kids were on the floor in the kitchen complaining about itching, or being hungry.
"Guys! Lets play a game!" Temari said suddenly. "We'll play house. Kankurou and I are the mommy and daddy (Kankurou gives her a weird look), and you are our kids (productive parents aren't they). And you're sick and we have to take care of you!"
"Ok!" they chorused.
"You have to get in your beds or you're not really sick," Temari told them. They all turned and scrambled up the stairs to the beds that had been made for them when they sleep over.
"I don't have a bed," Gaara said sadly. Naruto always slept in his room, but on a roll up futon. He never slept so he didn't need a bed.
"You can lay in my bed," Kankurou said reluctantly. Gaara instantly cheered up and went up stairs. "'Mommy and Daddy'?" Kankurou asked, when they were gone.
"It was the first thing that came to mind," Temari said. She went to the stove and pulled a big pot out of the cabinet. "I think I'll make them some soup."
"NO!!" Kankurou cried. "I mean, ahem, I'll do it. You go see if they want something to drink, or something like that." He smiled innocently at her as she glared at him and went upstairs. With a sigh of relief he began going through the cabinets looking for cans of soup.
"They all want soda," Temari said reentering the kitchen and opening the fridge. "They also want crackers with their soup." She looked through the fridge. "We don't have anymore soda," she stated.
"So go get some," Kankurou said pouring the cans of soup into the pot.
"Why don't you?" Temari demanded.
"I am cooking," Kankurou told her.
"I can watch the pot while you go," Temari said moving to take the spoon he was stirring with.
"And make them even more sick!? You think I'm nuts?" Kankurou said.
THWACK!!
"Fine, I'll go!" Temari said angrily stomping out of the house, leaving Kankurou on the floor with swirls in his eyes.

Kankurou carefully set the pot of soup, trays and bowls on the little table in the upstairs hallway. He dished out the soup and carried two of the trays into Temari's room. Hinata and Sakura giggled in the makeshift bed they were sharing on the floor. "Be careful," he told them as he left again.
"Ok," they called.
Kankurou did the same for the others, but he noticed that Naruto, Kiba and Neji weren't in their rooms. He found them in his room lying on his bed with Gaara watching a movie. He gave them their plates and warned them extensively not to spill in his room. He turned and saw that they were watch his copy of the Japanese version of The Ring. He quickly turned it off before they saw anything that would scar their psychic anymore, despite the protests from the bed.
"Guys, this movie scared Temari shitless and she's older then you. I don't think you guys can handle it ok?" Kankurou said to the four on the bed. "You can watch something else like a kids movie ok?"
"Ok..." they grumbled.
"I'm thirsty!" Naruto said.
"Temari went out to get soda, she'll be back soon," Kankurou said turning to leave.
"Don't you mean mommy?" Kiba asked.
Kankurou: (twitch) "Sure...mommy..."
"Kank-whoa?" Gaara asked.
"Yeah Gaara?" Kankurou asked.
"Can I hold Karasu?" Gaara asked.
"Sure," Kankurou took the wrappings off the puppet and placed it in front of Gaara who wrapped his arms around it's head. It was a funny picture since Gaara was a lot smaller then Karasu and his arms didn't quite go around the puppet (Shieka: koala). "Be careful with it."
"I will!" Gaara said.

"Itachi-san!" Nurse said stepping into the room. "It's lunch time!" She stopped short when she saw the room was empty. "Itachi-san?!" She ran out of the room and stopped the first doctor she saw. "Doctor, Itachi is gone!"
"WHAT?!" the Doctor yelled.

Kankurou trudged down the stairs. Who know kids could eat that much soup and crackers? He set the pot on the stove again and fished in the cabinets for more soup.
"Kankurou?" Temari asked.
"In here, Temari," Kankurou called opening a few more cans.
Temari stepped in and put the bags of soda down on the table. "Who's here?"
“.... Um...me and the kids?" Kankurou said unsure glancing over his shoulder at her.
"That's twelve right?" she asked. "Then why are there thirteen pairs of shoes by the door?"
"Cause you put your shoes there when you came in?" Kankurou ventured.
Temari held her foot up to show that she had hers on. "They're adult shoes," she stated. "Who's here?"
"No one I thought," Kankurou turned and went into the living room. Sure enough there were thirteen pairs of shoes. Twelve kid size ones and two adult size. Temari followed him up the stairs. He opened Temari's room and looked in. Sakura and Hinata were asleep. He shut the door and went to his room. He opened the door very fast, accidentally causing it to bang into the wall. Everyone in the room jumped.
"Hi, 'daddy'!" Kiba called.
"Enough with the daddy, ok?" Kankurou said. Then he surveyed the scene in front of him. The four boys were on his bed watching some cartoon show. Sitting with them was...
"Itachi!" Temari said in surprise.
"Hi!" Itachi greeted. "I heard Sasuke-kun was sick so I came to visit."
"...........Oh....." Kankurou said, not quite sure what to say. "Are you...are you allowed to be here?"
"Why shouldn't I me allowed to visit my widdle brother and his friends?" Itachi hugged Sasuke, who was sitting in his lap, and Naruto who was sitting next to him.
"E-touch-e brought us candy!" Gaara said showing them the bag he and Neji were sharing.
"How nice." Kankurou muttered looking at the wrappers thrown all over the floor.
"Can he stay? Please?" Sasuke asked.
"Um.." Kankurou and Temari said.
All kids and Itachi: puppy eyes!!!
Good god that looks disturbing..."Just until Itachi has to go," Kankurou said.
"Yay!!" they all yelled.

"Kisame has failed." a dark figure stated. A group of five others gathered around him. "Who will go next to retrieve Itachi?"
"I will." A voice said.

Temari sat in the living room talking to Shikamaru on the phone. Kankurou was playing video games. All the kids were asleep, except for Gaara who was watching TV with Itachi and Karasu in Kankurou's room. Neither noticed the back door open ever so slightly. Nor did they notice the dark shadow slip up stairs. Great babysitters aren't they?

"Itachi-san." A voice said.
Itachi and Gaara looked up when the door opened. A tall figure in a long dark cloak stood in the doorway. Itachi and the man stared seriously at each other for a long time.
"Shokubutsu-kun!" Itachi squealed. "How are you?"
Shokubutsu, definitely not expecting this, fell over anime style. (Shieka's note: I don't know the guy's real name, but it's the Venus Fly Trap guy from one of the newest manga chapters like #236 something or other)
Gaara laughed hugging Karasu more. "He looks like a plant!" he said to Itachi pointing at the man. "You have funny friends. First you have a shark friend and now a plant friend!" Itachi laughed with Gaara as if the chibi sand nin had made the joke of the century.
"Good god, Itachi-san.... what happened to you?!" Shokubutsu demanded.
"Look, Shokubutsu-kun! It's my baby brother!" Itachi told him, pointing at Sasuke asleep in his lap. "But, shh!" he made a shushing motion with his finger. "He's sick and sleeping."
"Where is Kyuubi?" Shokubutsu asked, getting up.
"Who?" Itachi asked innocently.
"The Nine-tailed fox demon. The one in the boy Naruto." Shokubutsu asked.
"There's a demon in Naruto?" Gaara said, shocked, but ignored.
"Naruto-kun is sick and sleeping also," Itachi said patting Naruto. "Shh!" he motioned for the guy to be quiet again. Gaara mimicked him and made Karasu do the same.
Shokubutsu glared at the boy who smiled back. "Itachi-san, the others are waiting for your return. Please come with me."
"But it was just getting to the good part!" Itachi whined pointing at the TV. They were watching Princess Bride (Shieka: I love that movie!!). "He was just about to kiss her!"
"Ew!!" Gaara said.
"It's not 'ew' if you're my age," Itachi told him, ignoring the man in the doorway.
"How old are you?" Gaara asked.
Itachi thought for a moment. "How old indeed?" he began counting on his fingers. "One...two...three..."
Oh, my god this can't be happening.... Shokubutsu said to himself, feeling like banging his hand against the wall.