Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Time Travel is Impossible, at Least for Humans ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own them
 
Chapter 10
 
Kakashi found Iruka sitting on the roof of his house, knees drawn up to his chin and his arms wrapped around his legs. Kakashi sat down beside him and Iruka leant against his shoulder.
 
“What's wrong?” Kakashi asked, knowing something had been bothering Iruka since Naruto's party the week before.
 
“What if you knew someone was going to do something bad but had no proof.” Iruka asked softly. Kakashi stiffened beside him and then wrapped an arm around him.
 
“Bad how? Traitor bad or robbing a store bad?”
 
“The first. I have absolutely no proof that anyone would believe though.” Iruka admitted miserably.
 
“You've known since the party, that's why you've been sad recently.” Kakashi said and Iruka nodded.
 
“I thought about going to Sandaime but he'll ask for proof and I don't have any.” Iruka groaned and buried his face in his hands.
 
“Iruka if you have no proof then how do you know?” Iruka glanced up at him and he looked so lost that Kakashi felt his heart drop into his stomach.
 
“I...I just know!”
 
“Who is it?” Kakashi half asked, half demanded.
 
“I...a chuunin, not highly placed. Male.” Iruka answered softly.
“I don't know what to do.” Iruka shifted closer, almost clinging to Kakashi.
 
“Do I know him?” Kakashi asked, holding Iruka tightly and his lover nodded.
 
“Not well.”
 
“You need to tell someone, even without being able to prove it. If he does something and they find out you knew...I don't want Ibiki to ever have a reason to see you professionally.” Kakashi explained and Iruka nodded slowly.
 
------------------------------------
“I have information from a reliable source. Keep an eye on the chuunin Academy instructor Mizuki.” Ibiki accepted the slim folder from the Hokage.
 
“For what reason?”
 
“Treason.” Ibiki looked up from the folder.
 
“The source is good?”
 
“I've never had reason to doubt him.” Sarutobi told him calmly.
 
“Very well, I'll assign surveillance on him.”
 
---------------------------------------
Iruka could feel the Anbu member perched outside the classroom as Mizuki helped him clean up. Knowing that his information was the reason Mizuki was being watched made him feel guilty but he had to do what was right. And he really didn't want to have to fight Mizuki again. Despite the feelings of friendship he'd once had for the other man he was now a threat to the village and the people Iruka loved.
 
TBC...
Very short I know but hey it's an update. Not really sure where to go from here.