Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tired of The Day ❯ Chapter 15

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tired of the Day

By: AlwaysHiei

Important A/N: So, I realize the previous concious voice thing was confusing so I'm changing it to:

'Thoughts'
"Speaking"
(Inner Voice of Hinata)
--Inner voice of Sasuke--

And the last chapter will be revised to fit this format as well.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto-- Masashi Kishimoto.

Chapter- 15

Sasuke was still just sitting outside of his own door, waiting. He wasn't sure why he was still waiting for that girl-- he hardly knew her. And yet he knew her so well. But he didn't know her name, and he didn't know her friends, he didn't know her family, or her school. The only thing he knew was her true personality.

He had Hinata now. So why was he waiting for this girl? This girl who he cared so much about, even though he didn't know who exactly she was. This girl who Sasuke cared as much about as he did Hinata. This girl who was as important as Hinata, and yet seemed to be so much more real to Sasuke than Hinata was. Like this girl was real in everything she did or felt, while Hinata...

'Hinata's only seemed to be telling the truth when she let me kiss her and when she didn't like the sun.' Sasuke realized this as he sat there, doing nothing.

Sasuke heard the noise of quickly approaching footsteps. Sasuke stared towards the pathway that led from his home, into the dark where he couldn't see, and yet where he normally felt most comfortable. When nothing could be seen.

Out of the dakrness came an even darker shadow-- one that was very familiar to Sasuke.

That girl. The one who always seemed to tell the truth at night. And always seemed to be in Sasuke's mind.

Hinata had come to stop in front of Sasuke now, breathing hard from having run the whole way there.

Sasuke looked up at her in surprise, quickly standing up from his previous position on his porch.

"you came." Sasuke said quietly.

"I.. I always do." Hinata replied, gaining her breath back. "Why does this surprise you?"

"It's just.. Nevermind. You do always come." Sasuke waved it off. "I guess I just forgot."

"That's all right." Hinata replied, smiling slightly. She was comfortable in his presence-- his presence made her happy.

(I told you you wanted to see him)

'Fine. You told me.' Hinata agreed reluctantly. 'But it doesn't seem like he's all that excited to see me...'

'I'm happy to see her, as usual... But Hinata.' Sasuke thought, saddened at that though. 'I feel the same for both, but I should only love one. I chose Hinata but I'm still seeing her.'

--It's not like you're dating her or something- She's technically just your friend--

'But I still feel the same way for her anyways- and that's not right to Hinata.'

--Hinata doesn't know, and what she doesn't know can't hurt her. Besides- what about this girl? You wanna hurt her? You can't help who you love, no matter how many people that amount gets up to. This girl is the only person who understands you, Sasuke. Don't let her go--

'You're the one who said I never dated her in the first place. No, I don't want to leave and hurt her- but it's better than hurting Hinata! I don't know this girl.'

--Liar.--

Before Sasuke could reply, Hinata spoke up again. "Are we going to the park bench or what?"


"Oh, sorry." Sasuke said, as she'd surprised him. "...Let's go."

They both started walking the familiar way and path to their place in the park, both lost in their own personal conversations.

'I feel very sad now. I feel like I'm betraying Sasuke by staying and spending time with... him.' Hinata thought, her head lowered, as she stared at her moving feet.

(I have one thing to say to that: You shouldn't be.)

'Maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't. I don't know. But I am sad. and I do feel bad.'

(With no reason you are. Just be happy you're here with this boy. This makes you just as happy as Sasuke does, and you know it.)

'But the guilt's almost overcoming ther happiness at being here witn him, at being mself completely again and being in the dark!'

('Almost' is the key here. If something's 'almost' bad, then it isn't bad. 'Almost' doesn't count for 'it is'.)

'Well almost almost counts! And it's very close to it!'

(Stop complaining-- you're the one who came here, and you're the one so concerned over bad thoughts in comparison to good ones. I want to enjoy myself personally, since we're finally free in the dark. So just stop thinking so hard and enjoy yourself-- and don't even bring up Sasuke!)

'Why did you call me a liar?' Sasuke questioned the voice in himself, not very happy at being accused of such by someone who's essentially himself.

--Because you lied. Why else? Idiot.--

'My inside voice is insulting myself now. Great.' Sasuke thought to himself. 'I didn't lie.'

--You did lie, and now you've done it twice.--

They were in the middle of the park now, only a few feet from their bench.

They sat down next to each other, and turned to one another.

"You're very quiet tonight." Hinata commented.

"So are you-- are you feeling okay?" Sasuke replied.

"Okay, I guess." Hinata replied.

"Okay? That's usually not good." Sasuke said, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm just average. I'm happy, but I'm also... I'm also feeling sad, so the two go together into average." Hinata explained.

"Sad? You shouldn't feel sad- it's not a good feeling." Sasuke replied. "And if you're sad, then something must be bothering you. What is it?"

'You and my boyfriend.' Hinata mentally exclaimed. But vocally she replied, "It's nothing you can fix- and nothing that should bother you. What concerns you is only that the happiness I also feel right now. Because it's because of you."

"I'm sorry I can't help you with your problem, then." Sasuke said. "I wish I could help you out somehow."

"You've already helped my problem and bad feeling- the happiness I feel right now. I feel happy because of you." Hinata explained, smiling slightly at his kindness. "But your voice doesn't sound happy either."

"I'm feeling the same way, but you also shouldn't worry over it. I'm happy myself because of you as well." Sasuke agreed. 'But I'm also sad because of you at the same time.'

"I understand. I'm glad I helped you in some way, at least."

TO BE CONTINUED

I'm so sorry everyone! The reason I'm late, the reason this is so short, and the reason so little honestly happened is because I have writer's block. A serious case. I got myself to get this out (Which still took forever) but I can't trudge any further until I think of something. Please review (Motivation)! And oncew again-- I'm really sorry.

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei