Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ To Love and To Reason ❯ The Wait is Over ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

To Love and To Reason
A Naruto Fan Fiction Story
Starring:
Uzumaki Naruto
Sabaku no Temari
Uchiha Sasuke
Haruno Sakura
Nara Shikamaru
Yamanaka Ino
Your life is the sum result of all choices you make,
Both consciously and unconsciously
If you can control the process of choosing
You can take control of all aspects of your life
You can find FREEDOM
That comes from being in charge of yourself
-Robert f. Bennett
 
Chapter 3: The Waiting is Over
 
Finally, his struggles of going to sleep are finally over. His eyes started to feel heavy and his muscles surely are tired. He yawned and stretches out his arm revealing his masculine features that was hiding beneath the sheets. Now, he felt like the Nara in some ways, thinking surely make you lazy and will definitely make you sleepy…
 
He dozed off quickly as he tucked one of the pillows between his legs, and positioned his self in a fetal one. It was not that cold but he feels like one that he drew the blankets up to his head unconsciously. Dreams were not there to spice up his sleep for once. It's peaceful, very peaceful that sounds of his snores were finally bringing some of the rooms' dead panged silence some changes, though tranquility still remains.
 
On one of the rooms of the hotel, a girl with her blonde hair down was done with her shower and combing it with her delicate fingers ever so smoothly, as if it is a very precious possession of hers, not considering her humongous fan leaning on the side table just right beside her bed. The shower finally relaxed her entirety, though training is not her reason of being so since it wasn't really on her schedule on her stay in Konoha.
 
She started to looked up on the wooden ceiling and thoughts was not there to fill her mind. That's just so unusual considering that she's the brightest Suna's shinobi, and of course, surpassing her ototo's intelligence. She lifts up her legs onto the bed and find herself a very comfortable position that will finally sent her back to sleep, that she really needs to have. Her last meeting with the Gondaime must be attended, despite the fact that she will surely feel the hangover from the eight bottles of sake she intended to drink on that very night. She closed her eyes, not minding that her hair is still dripping wet, but it surely gives her the cold that she's been wishing for to go back to her fantasy world again.
 
The alarm started to rang like crazy on his side table, frantically vibrating and creating series of sounds that will surely make you pissed after sleeping very peacefully. He gyrated to face the table and finally reach the alarm and turned it off. After the sound was gone, he forced himself to sit up, and fold his legs imitating an Indian pose. The sun's rays started to annoy him since it's hurting his eyes, but still thanking it that it will surely make his senses alive sooner.
 
He soon finds himself into the shower, feeling every droplets of the warm water onto his pale skin. He remembered what happened last night, and surprisingly felt numbed on that. A sad smile escaped his lips while he reached his towel and dried himself up as another thought passed through his mind.
 
Just a need, not love
 
Probably, it made him feel happier with reasons he himself can't comprehend, maybe, the fact that he's really not used to keeping his anger onto his very heart is not really his character. Seeing the pink-haired kunoichi later must not be a problem, since his meeting with the rest of the council this morning, almost appointing him as the next leader of her precious village, and when that very dream of his suddenly became a reality, her presence at the tower would be very often.
 
She started to feel lightheaded and the fact that it's because of her being drunk never escape her mind. Her feet are still shaking and she feels herself spinning so she ran to the shower room to have her self rejuvenate again. Being drunk is really not a good idea at all.
 
Her meeting with the Hokage must not be missed, or else, she would find herself on the signature jutsu of her ototo. Peace between the villages must remain, and she really likes that. Making the Kage of this very village renew their peace vows as allies is a necessity, knowing that Suna and Konoha are the strongest shinobi villages in the world, and putting a war between them, was like the most gruesome idea and she is the one assigned as the peacemaker.
 
She grabbed her usual clothing and put it on, basically not minding that her world seems to be spinning over and over again. A mischievous smile curved her lips as an idea; maybe having a hangover was not a bad idea after all. A thought of her falling on her bodyguard's arm, an accidental kiss might happen or… or even hotter. She started to move her head sideways, trying to get rid of such thoughts off her brains, as a picture of a long haired blonde with cornflower blue eyes started to appear on her mind. Ino Yamanaka, one heck of a loudmouthed girl who happens to be her friend, since speaking their minds out is their very common feature that probably brought them close together; and losing her as one of her precious just because of a guy is not a very rational thing to do.
 
She reached for her doorknob and as soon as it opened, a very familiar figure of her bodyguard welcomed her. She sighed heavily, knowing that this guy would infuriate her any moment if the interrogation would start or even a mini conversation would open between them. She headed towards the stairs without looking at him, though he started to move his legs to catch up with her, she never stop on her tracks as if racing in a walkathon.
 
“Woman!” the shadow manipulator lazily shouted at her, but she didn't halt, instead, she shinshun-ed to the Hokage tower leaving him confused as his infamous statement escape his lips. He sighed heavily and did what his comrade did too. A puff of smoke and then he disappeared.
 
“Konichiwa!” a blonde started to greet the waiting council in the meeting room. They started to look at him expressionlessly as he sighed while walking towards his proper seat right next to the Gondaime herself. He bowed respectfully to all the elders before Tsunade started to talk.
 
“Uzumaki Naruto, there are some duties that you must do before you take over my place.” The slug sannin started to talk, while flipping all over the papers, checking if all the documents she requested was there.
 
“Duties? Like doing those pile of papers all in one day?” as he pinpointed at the heightening papers of countless missions to be assigned on every ninja in the village. His eyebrows furrowed almost touching the very bridge of his nose, realizing that it will be his duty soon as he became the Kage of the village. A year of preparation for him being the Rokudaime must be done faultlessly or else, his dream of leading and protecting his precious people would not be a reality.
 
“Nope, you'll be doing that at the last four months of your training. As for now, you must be familiar of all the allied villages of Konoha and strengthen the bonds as much as possible. Enemies of course, you must be familiar with them since being on my position, being the strongest capable shinobi of the village, it would always be your duty to protect it with your life. And I presume you know it by heart.” Tsunade said as she eyed him sternly while a smile curved her lips. Finally ototo-san, soon, your dream will come true, just endure some of this and you'll be done, you'll be on the pedestal.
 
“Hai Tsunade-baa-cha…er… Tsunade-sama!” energetically, he saluted the woman beside him, almost spitting that taboo name calling on her. The eyes of the council never evade him, amused on how the former dead-last finally have his dream come true. Through the years of his being as an ANBU captain and accomplishing every mission with little injuries on his comrades, except him of course, he finally earned their respect. Hyuuga Hiashi and his daughter beside him eyed him proudly, as for the heiress, a faint blush still colored her pale cheeks, as he received a cute smile from her.
 
“Uzumaki-sama, sounds right eh?” another council member, a very close one whom he treated more likely as his father, Iruka Umino, grinning at him while rubbing his nose.
 
“Sheesh Iruka, just Naruto.” He humbly stated, which only brought a hearty laughter from the rest of the council, seeing him blushing, almost compared to a tomato. He flashed his smile at them as he return his gaze to the Kage who looks pleased on the atmosphere he's bringing on the room.
 
“So you'll be leaving tomorrow.” She cuts him off, only be answered with a confused look on his face. “Pack your things now, and have your farewells to the others as well, I might give you a break for now Naruto, you might set a party for the rest of your gang before you left. Temari-san would be accompanying you on your trips that would last for eight months, and if possible would be longer. I chose her since she's the only and the best when it comes to public relationships, you must acknowledge her as your sensei…” she continued while an amused look covered Naruto's face. She gestured her apprentice Shizune, to let the said girl to come in, only be surprised when a puff of smoke appeared revealing the eldest of the Suna siblings inside the meeting room.
 
“Ohio.” As she bowed at the Hokage respectfully and continued on bowing on the rest of the council members
 
Tsunade give her a confused look as she gestured her to come over to her side. “My, you look wasted…” she whispered while making the Suna kunoichi to be startled and felt conscious on how she looked. She started to remember that she forgot to put on at least a little make up, that those black shades under her eyes are still visible.
 
“Gomenasai.” She whispered back and only be answered with a concerned nod from the Kage. She didn't excuse herself though she stared at the stoned floor of the room, trying not to mind the eyes that were on her.
 
“So, Temari-san, as what I've stated before, which was also been approved by the Kazekage, you'll be accompanying Naruto while visiting all Konoha's allied villages. I entrust you his safety and of course, his learning to be the future leader of our village. I know that you're the only one who could help him, and I really put my trust on you concerning this subject. I hope that after eight months or more, we could see his growth in public relations since his skills as a shinobi are unsurpassable, that would surely equipped him as very good leader.” The statement was long indeed, but she's ecstatic that she's obviously putting emphasis on the word `leader'.
 
“I promise Hokage-sama.” Temari replied as she eyed Naruto whose look is full of determination, something that she somehow can't see to her youngest brother but knows that he's also having the same determination too.
 
“Any words from the council?” she asked as she eyed all of the council members, contented that finally the Kyuubi-vessel was accepted.
 
“I do have a question Hokage-sama.” A very familiar figure of the toad sannin slowly appeared from the floor, as he receives the surprised look of the rest of the council, as well as Naruto's. “Missed me gaki?” he asked as the boy grinned as if answering the sannin wordlessly that he indeed missed him.
 
“Have your question Jiraiya.” She said hesitantly, the thought that he'll just bring up another nonsense question in front of her, nonetheless, in front of the council, would never escape her mind, but she's wrong…
 
“Naruto, when you become Hokage, what'll you do?” the very question that the rest are aching to say on that very moment finally comes up. Eyes started to go back on the blonde's position whose look as if saying that he really planned on that.
 
“Protect it, nourish it, and keep it in order and in peace.” He said proudly but stopped when the sannin gave him an unsatisfied look
 
“How? Using the Kyuubi's chakra?” the toad sannin continued, hoping that the boy will get what he's pointing out, and yes he did…
 
“Nope.” His answer makes the rest of the council and Tsunade, Temari, and Shizune give him confused looks, showing their hunger to have his word on that question.
 
“The Kyuubi's chakra is really a necessity, but I won't use it to run a village, rather, my soul would be the one who would do it.” He answered clearly making Jiraiya smiled, almost boasting his student voicelessly to the rest of them
 
“Your soul? How?” another question was motioned by the Hyuuga heiress, Hinata, who was befuddled on his statement, since it is known to her that the boy did suffered abnormally just to reach his dream.
 
“For I know by heart that I love the people and I treat them as my family, and I know by my mind that I must put up decisions to lead it the way it should be. I do not intend to be a Hokage just to change the people's perception towards me, I intend to be one because I want them to be happy, contented, and of course not to feel the sufferings I had before. My heart and my mind made up my soul, so my soul itself would run my beloved family, my beloved village, my beloved Konoha.” He said as he receives the respectful bows of the rest of the council which makes him blush even more.
 
“Wow, your sounding as a Hokage already Naruto-kun!” said the slug sannin as she taps the boy's shoulder with her infamous inhuman strength. Good thing, Naruto pasted his butt on his seats or else he'll be sent burrowed underneath the stoned floor.
 
“So, this meeting is adjourned, you're all dismiss.” And the elders started to stand up but stopped, astonished on the ten bunshins of Naruto blocking the door, bowing and…
 
Doomo arigatou gozaimasu no tame ni anata no torasuto!” the ten Naruto said as he faced them from her lowered bow, only to receive another bowing from them as they clearly say
 
Watashitachi no torasuto ishi manzoku anata no tagayashimasu zutto!” as their heads bowed down, lifting it up slowly in a very courteous manner as Naruto grinned happily to them, his eyes are threatening to let his tears of joy soon to flow from his eyes.
 
The elders started to exit the room, and after receiving the order to leave, Naruto and Temari finally exited the room quietly. This day would be a long day…
 
 
 
He already announced it to the others, especially that the whole Konoha 10 is complete at the moment. Meeting place would be of course in his apartment and Ichiraku's will be the one who will cater the gathering, and that's for free! At exactly 6:00, the party would be starting, and his mind was quite loaded of thoughts of what would be their reaction upon his sudden leave, or what could be the reaction of that certain pink-haired kunoichi.
 
Finally, the familiar knock on his door was heard after a few moments of preparing his apartment for the upcoming guests. It was Chouji who came in first with his girlfriend, Chiaku, good thing, the aroma of the ramen did not bring the Akimichi into a frightening attack on the food he served on the table. As another puff of smoke who appeared to be his very precious two former sensei, Kakashi and Iruka. A dramatic entrance from Rock Lee and Maito Guy really surprised him, and of course the appearance of the best Hyuugas in all Konoha, Hinata, together with Kiba, and Neji, delighted him as well. The lazy footsteps coming from the Nara genius and the dragging voice of his female version, Ino, was heard from afar that they'll be coming too. The toad sannin appeared form who-knows-where let him jumped in glee and of course his newfound sensei, Temari whose entrance almost blew his house off. Konohamaru corps was finally there, though looked wasted since they just came from a B-class mission. Tenten discreetly entranced with Sakura tailing after her. He blushed at the moment that their eyes met but quickly turned away, surprised that the Hokage and her apprentice, Shizune was already there, bringing three cases of sake for them to enjoy. Shino in the presence of his bugs have his entrance really noticeable.
 
The celebration finally started as the chorusing cheers was heard. The ramen eating contest consisting of him, Chouji, Kiba, and surprisingly, the rest of the guys of Konoha 10, namely, Shikamaru, Lee, Neji, who at first hesitated to join but was pushed when Tsunade said that this celebration might be much seldom when Naruto will soon take over her place.
 
Tsunade began betting for two hundred ryou, saying that the Akimichi will surely be the winner, the other did as well except for Hinata who seems to be confused of whoever she should be cheering between the two - Naruto or Kiba. Ino bets Naruto to be the winner while Shizune on Kiba, Kakashi have his bet on Chouji while Iruka stays loyal on Naruto too, Konohamaru, being tired from the mission just decided to bet on Chouji and Kiba, as Udon and Moegi tried their best to stay awake as much as possible. Then it shocked them all, Hanabi appeared from nowhere, betting for Naruto's win for 500 ryou.
 
The contest's winner was no other than the ramen king himself, the future Hokage - Naruto. This make Tsunade and the others who bet for the others frowned at the instant and started to gobble up some ramen too. Then the drinking session followed suit after the hearty meal. Tsunade ordered Konohamaru and company, as well as Hanabi who's trying her best to have her hands on one bottle of sake.
 
After some persistent speeches from Hinata, Hanabi finally gave in as soon as her onee-chan finally mouthed that Hiashi would not be pleased if ever she was found drinking in such a tender age.
 
He finally announced that he'll be leaving the next day, only to be answered a series of hugs and kisses from the rest of the ladies in his age group, but his embrace with Sakura was the longest and everybody knew why. After all, they both knew their feelings, only that the other decided to keep it all by herself.
 
Then Naruto started drinking almost half the bottle on one gulp, and challenges Tsunade and Jiraiya to a drinking contest, who didn't back out. This time, Ino, Sakura, Temari, Hinata, Shizune, and the latest sensei, Kurenai, agreed to join too. Jiraiya's perverted hands started to crawl over Tsunade's and Shizune's shoulder, only to be sent flying 500 meters away from the apartment. As for the other guys, it is really a good thing that they are still in their condition not to make the situation hotter, since the women looks more alluring than ever in their drunken form.
 
At exactly 10:00, the celebration stopped, leaving the two best friends alone inside the room, and both are still perfectly sane, though the hormonal blonde boy found himself drooling over Sakura, only to be stopped
 
Just a need, not Love
 
It started to resound on his head again, and felt guilty for motioning a lusty lip-locking with her. It still didn't escape his mind that such actions must be done, if and only if, they prove to each other that they were really in love. Naruto mouthed an apology to the medic-nin who quickly accepted it. She left as soon as she fixed herself up since seeing herself all-sexy in front of the mirror making her feel stabbed when the same thought resounded in her head.
 
Yes, just a need not love
 
As soon as she sprinted out of Naruto's room to her apartment, he quickly removed his shirt and tried to cool himself down. He roamed his gaze on the room and frowned when it was almost messed up. He exited his room, and was surprised that his new sensei was there already fixing the things, surely, being her as the eldest would make her do such things. She didn't mind this stare but she gestured for help, though she blushed at seeing him just on his boxers.
 
Temari, enough with the blushing!
 
Don't let yourself be stopped from anything from doing what you've always wanted
We are all afraid of not fitting into this world, of not being accepted,
But it only takes for you to look around
And figure out that you're surrounded with people who love you unconditionally.
Feel free to make mistakes.
Celebrate life,
Because even if you shrug them away
The people who love you always choose to stay
 
 
Glossary:
 
Doomo arigatou gozaimasu no tame ni anata no torasuto - thank you very much for your trust
 
 
Watashitachi no torasuto ishi manzoku anata no tagayashimasu zutto - our trust will always be yours