Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ To Prove His Strength ❯ Challenger Approaching ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The student and his master aren't the only ones in my story. No, far from it. In fact, the next character is just in the village Akio and Juro are training outside of.

The village bore no astonishing features, although the view from the hilltop is said to be quite astounding. It's said that there was once a fort built atop this hill, many centuries ago. In it was a despicable tyrant, who ruled the village with an iron fist. Both peasants and knights grew weary of his hugely unfair rule though, and formed a resistance. The tyrant’s remaining supporters fled upon the sight of the massive amount of rebels approaching, leaving the baron to fend for himself. Needless to say, he was executed on the spot, and his head was stuck on a pike for many a year. The castle, a symbol of the late leader's rule, was torn down the following week, and the site was never known for anything else afterwards. Apart from the astonishing view, of course.

As it happens, it was that spot on which Saku stood, contemplating various matters in his life. He'd been the target of many a bully at the ninja academy, simply because everyone knew his parents were always too busy on business trips to help him. Saku refused to ever fight back, the years of demeaning abuse having reduced his confidence to little more than a slowly dying ember residing in the deepest part of his soul. He didn't bother going to any of the higher authorities at the school, as all he saw this as was a sign of weakness. So, there he stood, pondering if there were any good moments amidst the torrents of attacks he'd been subjected to over ten years of his fourteen-year-old existence. None shone through though, but the hopefulness being replaced by a sudden inspiration.
"Leave..."a voice in the back of his head told him, "Leave this rathole... Never come back... You don't have to stay... Nobody's making you..."
Much to his disappointment, Saku obeyed this notion. Only stopping briefly at his room to gather a pouch of throwing stars and kunais, Saku fled. He was turning his back on everything he'd ever known, and he wasn't regretting a single thing.

Bounding deftly from tree to tree, Saku's mid-length, chestnut brown hair bounced with every movement. His grey long sleeve didn't hinder his movement, much as someone thought it would. The same principal applied to his blue denims, although his trainers, a brilliant white in colour, were obviously used for extensive physical activity. His appearance was like his village - nothing stood out, or seemed particularly special. Even his height was extremely close to average. Saku came to a sudden halt, stopping and perching as stealthily as someone like him was able. He couldn't stop a few rustles escaping, but with any luck, they'd just be passed off as a bird or a few by the adult and boy in the clearing he looked upon.