Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Together at Christmas ❯ No Other Way ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Together At Christmas
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.
 
A/N: Hello Everyone! Thanks to my 2 #1 fans Secretary and bushybrow13. Thank you both for all your support! Now on with the next Chapter; enjoy!
_________________________________________________________ _______________
The next morning Sasuke awoke to the sound of silence. The storm had stopped sometime during the night and the fire that was once roaring had reduced itself to a pile of smoldering ashes and hot coals. Sasuke removed himself for the couch was he had spent the night allowing Hinata the king sized bed. He starched his aching muscle and headed over to fire place and threw several pieces onto the hot coals and in a few moments the fire was once again blazing.
 
 
He closed the heavy steel doors on the fire place and looked over at the bed. His eyes wandered to the heart shaped face of his unexpected guest. Her eyes were still slightly swollen telling him that she probably had cried in her sleep. Next he noticed the calendar. Only 2 more days till Christmas, why he always counted down the days like a wide eyed little kid was beyond him. I guess it was just a bad habit that 7 years of loneliness had yet to break. As he began to lose himself in the memories of the years gone past he heard a small moan come from the bed. He looked to see the blue haired girl sitting up in the bed rubbing her eyes.
 
 
“Good morning Uchiha-sama” she said looking at him with a happy smile and bright lavender eyes. Sasuke replied with his usual `hn' and threw her, her now dry clothes. “Get dressed and meet me downstairs.” He said leaving the room, talking his cloak, gloves, and scarf with him, as he headed towards the kitchen.
 
 
Meanwhile, Hinata was left sitting in the bed of the #1 rookie shinobi and heartthrob of the village {Not to mention most Naruto anime fan girls}, wearing his clothes, after spending the night in his house while a raging snowstorm was going on outside at Christmas time. As she got out of the bed and began dressing she prayed that Jiraiya never got wind of this incident or it would be the subject of his next Icha Icha Paradise book. She dressed quickly, folded the clothes that she had slept in, quickly made the bed and hurried downstairs to find Sasuke waiting at the front door. “Good morning Uchiha-sama” she repeated bowing to the man in front of her. Once again Sasuke didn't return her greeting but instead handed her a rice ball and said “Eat this.” She ate in a few bites and thanked Sasuke who then held out a hand to her.
 
 
“The snow's too high to walk, take my hand; I'll use the Teleportation Justus.” He said in his usual monotone less voice. She took his had and in a few moments they found themselves in the office of Lady Tsunade, the 5th Hokage.
 
 
Unfortunately for them, Lady Tsunade, was also enjoying the holiday season. Especially the sake and eggnog they severed at the Adult Food and Buffet. At this very moment Tsunade was asleep in her chair with her head down on her desk and an empty bottle of sake in her hand.
 
 
“Oh my!” exclaimed Hinata when she saw the most unbecoming scene. Sasuke, who usually was the poor sap who had to drag Hokage-sama out of bars {Not to mention pay off her tabs} just let out a sigh and walked over to the desk. He picked up the small metal trashcan, which was full of soda cans and empty bottles, and pulled the bottle out of Tsunade's hand. He lifted the can to her ear and threw the bottle into the can making a horrific clatter causing the severely hung over Hokage to shot straight up in her chair.
 
 
“WHAT THE HELL! IS THE SOUND VILLAGE ATTACKING! GET ME THE JONINS QUCIK!” she cried in her delirium.
 
 
“Calm you self Lady Hokage” said Sasuke in an annoyed voice “You got drunk again. Hinata-san, go into the break room and start a pot of coffee, 6 cups of water to 7 tablespoons of coffee.” Hinata's eyes widened in surprise; that coffee sounded so strong it might be lethal. “Trust me we're going to need it” he said seeing her surprise.
 
 
Hinata left the room and returned a few moments later with two cups of coffee, sugar and creamer. When she returned she found Sasuke sitting in one of the two chairs in front of Tsunade's desk and Tsunade with her head in her hands, both speaking in quiet whispers.
 
 
“Here you are Hokage-sama.” Hinata said speak quietly also, remembering how touchy her father was to sound after a long night of drinking. Tsunade took the cup and drank it black; Sasuke added a few spoonfuls of sugar and a little creamer. After she guzzled the first cup down she signaled for Hinata to sit down which she complied with. “Now Hinata-chan” she said in a normal voice, years of drinking had given her the power to get of a hang over rather quickly. “About you living arrangements. I have sent a few of your fellow shinobi to retrieve your clothing and necessities, unfortunately due to conditions beyond our control you will have to stay with Sasuke-kun until after the holidays.”
 
 
“Oh” Hinata replied “But Uchiha-sama has been so kind to me already, I couldn't burden him any farther”
 
 
“Don't bother Hinata-san,” Sasuke said abruptly “There's no where else for you to stay, all of the other shinobi already have guest in their homes, ambassadors, peace makers and such, and the one who don't have guest are going away for the holidays. There's no point in arguing, you'll have to either stay with me, or there's always a cardboard box on the street.”
 
 
“Uchiha!” exclaimed Tsunade “How can you be so cruel!”
 
 
“Just telling the truth”
 
 
“It doesn't matter! You need to be nice to Hinata-chan!”
 
 
“I'm letting her stay in my house aren't I?”
 
 
“Uchiha so help me if I hear one more comment out of you mouth I'll................”
 
 
“It's alright Lady Hokage” Interrupted Hinata “I promise I won't get in your way Uchiha-sama.” She said as she bowed deeply.
 
 
Sasuke didn't respond but did take a look at his watch. “If this is all decided, I have somewhere I need to be. Come on Hinata-san” he said standing up and headed towards the door. Hinata followed obediently as they wound their way around the icy streets of Konoha until they came to the Ichiraku Ramen Shop, where they found their fellow Chunin still in at the counter eating various ramen.
 
 
“Good morning Sasuke come join us! You too Hinata!” called Sasuke's pink haired teammate. Sasuke went over and sat on the left side of Sakura and Hinata took the last remaining seat beside Sasuke and Kiba.
 
 
“So, what did you want us to do today Sakura?” Sasuke asked in a bored tone as his usual order of Ramen was handed to him.
 
 
“We planned on going window shopping, touring the city just looking around at all the Christmas decorations.” She replied “Oh! And I forgot to mention that Gaara, Temari and Kankuro are all coming with us. Their in town on business so I invited them along, and then tonight we're going to the tree lighting ceremony with Gai, Kakashi, Kurenai, Anko and Asuma-sensei”
 
 
“Great” Sasuke thought. “Just how I wanted to spend my day out in the freezing cold, with a bunch of people who are trying to drive me to an early grave; just perfect.”
 
__________________________________________________________ ______________
A/N: Not much to say, I eat, I sleep, I write and go to school this is my day, very sad.