Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Together at Christmas ❯ Mistltoe Mishap ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Together At Christmas
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.
 
 
A/N: Hi Everyone! ^_^ thanks for all the great reviews I got and I thank all my fans for their support! Well, enjoy! Oh and Secretary you gave me the idea of Naruto ordering Ramen Pizza. Lol so funny but somehow totally nasty; well anyway, only 18 more shopping days till Christmas! Only 18 more days to finish this fic >_< Oh boy; note to self SHUT UP AND WORK!
_______________________________________________________________ _________
After everyone had their fair share of ramen (and Naruto much more than his fair share) they all left the shop and headed down the street, where they met up with the three members of the Sand village. The group the proceeded down the many streets of Konoha occasionally stopping to look in a window or “oh” and “ah” at the various Christmas decorations as they kept a stream of steady yet rather light conversation, the day had continued like this with Sasuke ignoring the whole thing. They now stood in the middle of the village staring at the large unlit tree.
 
 
Sasuke looked around at the group. They were all standing relatively the same way except for a few differences. Sakura was standing with her arm wrapped around Naruto talking to her bleach blonde friend and rival, Ino who was leaning back against a very bored looking Shikamaru. Next he noticed Tenten and Neji sitting on the windowsill of a nearby shop. Neji had his arm wrapped lazily around her shoulder and Tenten was resting her head on his shoulder. At a near by bar, Kiba sat on a bar stool with Temari in his lap, and a tight arm draped around her waist, talking to Kakashi who was holding Anko close to his side. Even Kurenai and Asuma Konoha's #1 couple in denial of their feelings for one another were expressing PDA. Even the few in the group who were still single were enjoying themselves, sitting around drinking sake and eating warm pastries and such.
 
 
Sasuke looked around the group, everyone including himself, was drinking a warm drink to help fight off the chill of the evening and enjoying the colorful cookies and sweets bought from the near by stores and shops. All except Hinata, who was sitting on one of the many icy benches, shivering slightly in the cold. Sasuke walked over and sat beside her. “Hello Uchiha-sama” She said bowing her head. “Aren't you cold?” Sasuke asked not bothering to return her greeting.
 
 
“Not really, I'll be alright.” She said trying her best to hind her shivering form. “Why don't you get something warm to drink?” He asked. “Well you see, I don't have any money.” She replied still not meeting his eyes.
 
 
“Didn't you just get paid last week?” Sasuke asked again remembering the mission she had fulfilled with Kiba, Shino and Shikamaru.
 
 
“All my money goes straight to the main branches account.” She said
 
 
“You mean they don't let you keep your pay?”
 
 
“No, they let me keep a few yen from my check”
 
 
“How much is a few?”
 
 
“About 5 yen every pay day”
 
“5 YEN!” He exclaimed looking at her in disbelief “That's chicken feed, how much do you normally get paid?” “It's not that bad Uchiha-sama, I'm fine with it really” she said looking embarrassed that she had told him this.
 
 
 
Sasuke leaned back on the tree behind them. The Hyuuga family was one of the riches families in Konoha, there was no good reason why they couldn't let the girl keep at least half her pay if not all of it. They probably only took it to spite her. He remembered all the times he had heard Tenten telling all the girls who Neji had taken her to some expensive restaurant or some fancy play and he was in the Cadet Branch of the family! He probably kept all of his pay, when Hinata only got 5 yen out of the thousands she made working both as a ninja and a nurse. That was outrageous. He looked over at her again she was shaking in her thin jacket, and looking slightly flushed. “Here” he said holding out the hot coffee he had bought several minutes ago. “I haven't drank any out of it.” Hinata looked like she was about to protest. But a quick look from Sasuke told her it was better just to take it. “Thank you Uchiha-sama”
 
 
With out replying he stood up and walked over to the near by coffee shop and ordered another drink. He lean back against the counter to see his spot had been taken by none other than the Kazekage himself. Gaara was now sitting beside Hinata making light conversation, Hinata in her usual fashion was looking at the ground, blushing and taking the occasional sip from the coffee Sasuke had given her.
 
 
All of a sudden he heard a loud gasp from the crowd on the street. He looked over towards the middle of the square to see the tree lit in brilliant colors. He watched as the glass balls danced in the light, several casting small rainbows onto the nearby buildings. But his wonder was short lived, a few minutes after he began admiring the tree he looked over at his comrades to see all the couples locked in passionate kisses. He rolled his as he remembers the village tradition.
 
 
Every Christmas as soon as the tree was lit the ANBU summoned a giant bunch of mistletoe above the crowd. His eyes continued to travel around the crowd unashamed, and then his eyes came to settle on the bench where he had once sat. Now he the site that he saw for some reason made his blood boil.
 
 
Gaara had wrapped his arms around Hinata's back and was now holding her roughly in a backbreaking kiss. Hinata face was conformed in distress. Her arms were crushed against his chest weakly trying to push away only to be pulled harder against him. Forgetting about his coffee and everything else around him he ran over to the two at a break neck speed and introduced his fist to the side of Gaara's face. Gaara was knocked off the bench pushing Hinata away in the process. Sasuke caught her by wrapping his arm around her shoulder and pulling her close against him. Sasuke gave Gaara the death glare from hell before walking away from the scene with Hinata pulled against him.
 
 
He walked all the way back to his home, Hinata still pulled close to him; he didn't slow down until he came to his doorstep. Only when he had to unlock the door did he release his hold on him. `What the hell did I just do?' Sasuke asked himself as he fumbled with the key. `Why the hell did that piss me off so much?' Finally Sasuke managed to get the door open. He walked quickly upstairs Hinata close behind him. He entered his room to find a suit case sitting on the bed along with a small purse and a white sheet of paper.
 
 
“Your stuff is here Hinata” He said looking for the first time back at the girl behind him. Her face was slightly flushed from both the rescue and being forced to keep up with Sasuke in his fit of confusing rage. She looked around him and spotted the note. Her face quickly lit up as she rushed forward to open it. Sasuke looked over her shoulder as she read.
 
 
Dear Hinata-sama,
 
 
Here are a few things to hold you through the holiday season. Lady Hokage informs me that Sasuke Uchiha has graciously allowed you to stay in his home, please thank him for me. I withdrew 1700yen for you from the Hyuuga account. Use it sparingly, for I am not sure when I will be able to retrieve more for you without Lord Hiashi acknowledging it. Once again give my thanks to Sasuke-kun.
 
 
Sincerely, your servant,
 
 
Neji Hyuuga.
 
 
 
Sasuke couldn't believe it. Neji had done all this for Hinata? He knew that Neji didn't want to kill Hinata anymore, but he never expected him to go out on a limb like this. Sneaking behind the Main family's back? Sneaking Hinata money? He had heard from idol gossip around the village that a Cadet Branch member of the Hyuuga family could easily be killed for something like this. He couldn't believe what he had just read but soon his thoughts were interrupted as he noticed tears running down Hinata's gentle heart shaped face.
 
 
“I don't deserve family like Neji-nii-san.” She said wiping tears off of her face. “Where would you like me to put my things Uchiha-sama?” she asked turning to him. He noticed a new strength in her face that he had seen only a very few times. He motioned for her to follow him as she picked up the suitcase and followed him to the guest room that was conjoined with his.
 
 
“You'll have to stay here.” He said “It's the only other room in the house with sufficient warm”
 
 
“Thank you Uchiha-sama” she said placing the case on the bed and bowing deeply.
 
 
“Look Hinata-san, you don't have to call me by my last name and you don't have to use `-sama' either. Sasuke-kun will do fine.”
 
 
“As you wish Uch- Sasuke-kun, and please feel free to call me Hinata”
 
 
Sasuke shook his head in agreement and returned to his room, changed his clothing and lay down in the bed and drifted off into a peaceful sleep.
 
 
 
 
A peaceful sleep that was quickly interpreted by a scream for Hinata's bedroom.
 
_______________________________________________________________ _________
A/N: Hi Hi Everyone! Okay, only 2 more weeks to finish and only about 2 more Chapters to go! Please review! Pretty Please with sugar and ramen on top! ^_^ REVIEW OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't hurt my feelings by not reviewing ;_;