Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Trinity Chronicles - Naruto: Fox Hunt ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Trinity Chronicles: Naruto
 
Fox Hunt
 
Flipping over rooftops is not really my idea of a good time. Not even on missions. In my world, it was dense forest that will always have me. Notwithstanding my short trip being shrunk, every time I'm in the woods, it always calms my heart.
 
But here I am, in the city… very different even from Konoha. It wasn't too bad, honestly. But it didn't mean I miss the forests. My brother once told me that getting by is the smartest thing a being can ever do. It didn't necessarily mean that I have to forget the forest and enjoy the new scenes but to find joy in the place filled with tall buildings, artificial light everywhere, and bustling people going to their jobs in predictable times.
 
This is a ninja's playground. With one flip of a coin, I can just disguise myself as a normal person, and in the next, be on the lookout in rooftops, or on street lamps… or anywhere in fact.
 
I felt a presence, and automatically hid mines. I knew who it was. I only knew of one girl who wore the same clothes, and carrying that sword. Motoko Aoyama. Next heir to God's Cry school of Kendo. From the time I… or rather Buds knew her, she'd rather not take on the school yet. She, like me, found a life routine of friends, training, and school. She's very disciplined… except when it concerns to males.
 
Me, Buds and Laharl had met other members of God's Cry school, and they are a hard bunch to fight. That is, of course, the first assumption we had when they proved very invaluable in deterring demon presence, and almost interfering with energy manipulation, but after having 3 battles with three of their best, Buds came with a conclusion that was genius.
 
They were still samurai's. And so, still bound by some sort of honor system. And very much vulnerable to ninja tactics.
 
My tactics.
 
 
But today wasn't a day I'm going to meet her. She seemed in a hurry, as always. She'd be a great samurai, in Buds' opinion, if she just got over her male hating ways. Discipline out of the window when…
 
Oh… there she goes again. Punched a guy's lights out. Well… at least she didn't use her sword. And from what I've seen, the guy did deserve it. You don't touch a girl who's got a sword. Flirt, yeah, sure. But touching… ah. Suicide.
 
A little later, after jumping around again, I met another person who I met in all the years of my stay here. This time, instead of a girl, it's a boy. Flying with his staff-wand. Negi-kun, or as I call him at work, Negi-sensei, the English teacher of Mahora Academy. Buds once said that Negi is a potentially one of the most powerful mages he has ever seen. I really don't care about magic and stuff, even if we do know some stuff, but in my opinion, Negi's a great kid. He's gonna grow up to be a great man… like his father. Except… maybe much more mature.
 
I don't know if he seen me wave at him, but I still did. Negi did this most of the time, flying with his staff to alleviate some stress he gets with his teaching. And I can guess that it's gonna be even harder later on, with the festival coming up.
 
Now that I noticed Negi, I can see some of the academy students coming up. Mostly girls, but there are guys too. Like that Kotaro boy from Kyoto. Then there's Kaede Nagase… a fellow ninja in this world, except she has a much more advanced jutsu system, by-passing the normal seals though the reason that she can is she is one of the few who can because she's always calm even in the face of impossible odds. An average ninja either gets nervous or excited, hence need seals to create the jutsus, or else it explodes in their faces. Chakra is very unstable with emotions.
 
It was late afternoon… maybe four. I've been looking for almost 3 hours, and yet no sign of that goddess. Either she left, or was looking for me also. If that was the case, it was a useless thing to get a stake-out. If she was also searching, she'd be as cautious as I am. And if we two should meet, it would either be at odd circumstances, or one of us finding the other.
 
Then it hit me. Why search for her? Let her seek me out. And since she's a goddess, she's still bound by the laws of “righteousness”. And hitting the public was out of the question for her kind. Let her see me… and I can see if she'll follow me.
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
Naruto landed on an empty alley, and walked out in a crowded place. Wondering where he could go for a moment to waste time, to get a solid read on his surroundings, he saw some of his students of Mahora.
 
Walking towards them, he waved. “Hey!”
 
The three girls, Nodoka Miyazaki, Yue Ayase and Haruna Saotome. Friends since… well, some say forever, but from the time Naruto was teaching, he always noticed that the three usually stayed together. Most of the times, the library, but rare for them out. They bowed at him, greeting, “Afternoon, Naruto-sensei.”
 
Naruto waved his hand. “Hey, none of that now. I stopped being your teacher when the class bell rung. It's rare to see you guys out of the library, though.”
 
“We'd thought we'd take a break,” Haruna smiled with her reply. “And there's this new card I wanna get.”
 
“Ah, that magic card game, right?” Naruto nodded. “I'm gonna go to the arcade myself. I'll see you there, eh?”
 
They nod, and Naruto ran towards the arcade. He wasn't really in a hurry, but he didn't have the opportunity to play GuitarFreaks since the attack earlier, so he might as well have some fun.
 
In the alley, someone watches him enter the arcade with a knowing smile.
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
It's slow in the cage, but I guess it's better than nothing. A few more days, I'm gonna be back in control, whilst Naruto will be stuck here. Sensory perception was suddenly buzzing about the cage. I think Naruto is on the arcades again.
 
The cage is usually open to audio perception when Naruto opens his guard a bit. At times, it was class, at times, it was here at the arcade. I grabbed my drumsticks, and waited for the music to start playing.
 
Really now, he didn't need to lie to me. If he liked guitars more than drums, he could just get his own guitar in here.
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
Red, Blue, Blue Green… I'm sweating, but I'm smiling. It would be so cool if I can actually play real guitars. Finger movements were no problem, but it's the beat I can't seem to get. But in my head, there's a beat now, like a drum, and it's helping me a lot with my strumming.
 
I seemed to be getting an audience. The trio students of mine seemed to have finished with their games and watching with appreciation. There was another player beside me, but he's playing the bass. The drummer was also playing, but I blocked him out. The beat in my head's much better than the one that the Drummania was kicking.
 
When the final notes came, and the drummer/gamer was finally doing his finishing roll, I looked around, and saw that the three were still there, watching. I smiled a bit, hanging the guitar, and walking towards them. “So, how was your game?”
 
“It went well,” Haruna muttered softly.
 
Yue just rolled her eyes. “She lost the moment she thought she'd finally get the card.” Nodoka was giggling, but Haruno got a bit skittish.
 
“Hey!”
 
“Girls, girls, come on,” I smiled. “I'll buy you drinks. To cheer Haruna-san.”
 
I may have said I'd be buying drinks, and it would sound like I was going to get those drinks in a bar… but here I am, with three teenage girls who attend class of mine, visiting a 7-11, choosing their drinks. Yue chose another weird Tomato milk drink. Haruna and Nodoka got their hands on Oolong tea, while I went for milk tea. As I went to the cashier to pay, Yue came up behind me with another drink, this time, the Last Elixir. I was about to grab it when she shook her head.
 
She prolly wants to buy this one on her own.
 
“Naruto-sensei,” she said grabbing her wallet. “Remember your first day, and just asked us out of the blue what determines actions of an individual?”
 
“Yup,” I replied as I took the drinks to the waiting girls that were sitting down on the tables. “Why? Is there you wanted to ask or expand?”
 
“You told us that every individual has three fallbacks on choices. Bias, Aim, and Will.”
 
“Yup,” I replied again.
 
“So,” she smiled… or what I think is her smile.
 
Her mouth, for some reason, looks like an upside down V when she smiles. Though Negi did say she did do normal smiles at times.
 
“So… what are your three fallbacks in your choice in buying us drinks?”
 
I smirked. “I like small girls like you, Yue. I want to sleep with you three. And I'm willfully able to see this through.”
 
“Ha ha, very funny,” she rolled her eyes.
 
I just smiled. “While I broke down my study on individual actions, you would know that most people don't know why they make certain choices. Some do it and claim spur of the moment, but if anyone sees it through, you can seem to point out the three. But even if you can, it doesn't mean that you can ask an individual what his three fallbacks are. Most of the time, they don't know.”
 
“But you know yours, right?”
 
“Of course, but I am not telling,” I poked her forehead gently with my index finger. She dodged it, and grabbed her tomato milk at the same time, going towards Nodoka and Haruna, a bit peeved.
 
Sorry Yue… but I can't let you know. This isn't some normal magical plot concerning any of you. But… I have to thank you.
 
I finally found my target.
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
Nodoka, Yue and Haruna waved at Naruto as they had to go back to the dorms. Naruto waved back at them. After a while, after getting a look around, began to walk in the opposite direction, away from the lights.
 
A shadowy figure watched as Naruto walked in the darkness. He was slowly going away from the city buildings, towards an abandoned construction lot. It was sensational news when the construction firm announced they have halted all constructions to the building because of architect's design error.
 
“I know you're there,” Naruto stated. “Let's finish this.”
 
The shadowy figure ran towards him… she found herself a weapon, a golden sword with rune marks on, dashing towards Naruto's back, intending to stab him.
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
There was no need to blink as I suddenly focused my power. The chirping sounds of crickets stopped, as I turned around to face my attacker. To my eyes, she was floating, moving slowly, her sword pointed at me. A small smile went to my face.
 
Taking a step forward, I also dashed towards her, in a faster pace than hers, and ducked towards the incoming sword, planted my feet firmly in the ground, twisted my body, and threw a punch right at her ribs.
 
I released my power just before the punch hit.
 
The result was an explosive burst coming from my hand, my bones groaning a bit with the pressure that I exerted with my punch. The force is astounding because of the velocity and the momentum I've used. And with that, there was a sweet crack of bones of my enemy as she flew towards the wall.
 
The force would be enough to stop her… or so I was hoping. I was proven wrong when a burst of light suddenly caught me and hit me hard too, and threw me away on the opposite wall, also hitting with a rather painful bang.
 
I coughed as I tried to regain my breath. And as I looked in front of me, I saw her. Glowing with white silver light, floating… no, levitating herself. She had her finger pointed at me.
 
My eyes widened as a big ass fireball formed in seconds, and was now launching itself at me in unbelievable speed. Activating my power again, I ducked, and pushing the wall with my feet, I slid down under the ball as it went towards me like a slow motioned fastball.
 
I deactivated again my power and the ball hit where I was with a rather large explosion, getting dust everywhere. Closed my eyes enough to not left dusts affect my eyesight, and took out my scalpels to form out a red katana in my hand. I twirled it around my hand, and using the dust as cover, I dashed towards her, my sword aiming at her stomach.
 
I had thought it was going to be a hit, but just a split second before it could, I felt a sudden backlash as a magic field enveloped her entire body. I wish I could curse like my brother…
 
Jumped back, and got to ready position again, but this time, I wasn't taking a chance. My eyes went to hers.
 
What are you going to do?
 
She smiled at me.
 
“Demon Eyes Laharl.”
 
She opened her palms, and a sudden burst of electricity surrounded her, circling around her arms.
 
“Prepare to die.”
 
I raised my sword arm, and the scarf automatically went towards my mouth.
 
“Bring it on,” I whispered through the dark cloth.
 
To Be Concluded