Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Desperately ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It's been a long time, hasn't it? Sorry, I was on punishment…and then I got sick. Totally sucks man! Anyway, my fault that I'm late. I should have written last week while I had the chance… Oh, and by the way, I got all my characters down for my upcoming story `Broken In Pieces'. It's pretty awesome. All I have to do is finish some profiles, set up the groups, and or course, think up a plot! Ok, enough talk. Here's the story.
 
 
Last Time-
 
“Sakura?” Sasuke asked.
 
“Yes?” Sakura answered sleepily.
 
“Do you love me?”
 
“W-What?” She asked shooting her eyes open.
 
***
 
“What did you just say?!” Sakura asked again looking at Sasuke like he had two heads. “Sasuke?!”
 
“I said…do you love me?” He repeated. Sakura's jaw dropped as she sat up slowly.
 
“I can't answer that,” Sakura said looking towards Naruto. He was silently watching the fire die out and studiously ignoring us.
 
“But why?” Sasuke shot back, clearly annoyed.
 
“Because!” Sakura gestured towards her arms where you could see slash marks and small red gashes. “This here…it's all your fault! You made me this way! You made Naruto practically despise me and even my parent's act like they don't know me! What gives you the right to ask me if I love you, moron!?”
 
That…hurt. Sakura could see the pain in Sasuke's eyes, but his face stayed expressionless. He would argue no further. Sasuke stood up and walked away, not glancing back.
 
Sakura turned her head and crossed her arms childishly, looking at Naruto. He looked at her with stifled giggles and his goofy grin. There's the Naruto we all know and love. Sakura decided to go a little further in hurting Sasuke's feelings. What could happen? He deserved it.
 
“Sasuke!!” Sakura yelled standing up and grabbing a stick. He turned his body slightly to look at her. His eyes were all ice now.
 
“What,” He spat out.
 
Sakura held the stick in the air. “Man, you have a stick to FAR up your ass it's making you choke in your throat. Maybe that's why you have a small vocabulary! All you can say is `hn' or `whatever' with a stick in your throat! Ya Uchiha bitch!”
 
“Why didn't you just die earlier?!” Sasuke yelled back by accident. He didn't mean to bring up…that again.
 
“…Oh yeah?! Well, guess what Uchiha! I WISH ITACHI KILLED YOU WITH THE REST OF YOU GOOD FOR NOTHIN' CLAN!!!” Sakura screamed back.
 
Sasuke glared at her so much she jumped back slightly. She could feel his killing intent miles away. Plus, he was visibly shaking.
 
“I-I think you took it a little too far Sakura…” Naruto muttered. Sakura wouldn't dare even swallow, let alone breathe thinking the first sound from her might trigger Sasuke to just automatically kill her.
 
He muttered something unintelligible and stormed off in the other direction. Sakura looked at Naruto with a big grin on her face. Of course, he was grinning back. He ran up to her and they gave each other a high five.
 
“That was awesome!” Naruto praised, his cerulean eyes shining with enthusiasm. “I didn't think anyone had the guts to say something like that to Sasuke!”
 
“Well, you've just met the first! And I don't think I went too far. He totally deserved it all and you know it!” Sakura smirked.
 
“Oh whatever. Just warn me next time you decide to have a death match with Sasuke. I'll be sure to sell tickets,” Naruto said.
 
“Well, while Sasuke's sulking over there, what should we do for the next hour or so?” Sakura asked. “Do you want to go back to the stream?”
 
“As long as I don't have to go in it!” Naruto joked and they both laughed as they walked to the stream.
 
They sat down quietly and stared at their reflections for a few minutes. Naruto finally had enough of the silence. “Sakura?”
 
“Huh?” Sakura looked at him surprised. His face was pretty serious. She gulped to face the worst.
 
“Do you…really love Sasuke for real? And, is it really his fault that you're all cut up?” Naruto asked.
 
“…Now that I think about it…my feelings just become less and less for that fool. Plus, it really is mostly his fault for me being who I am now. And you like this; so much curiosity.” Sakura answered rubbing his cheek. “But that's the problem.”
 
“Problem?” Naruto repeated holding her hand against his face.
 
“I-I think…Sasuke has developed tiny feelings for me!” Sakura whispered looking away from Naruto's eyes. They flashed red for second when she looked away.
 
“Sakura, look at me.” He said gently grabbing her chin. He continued when she finally looked him in the eye. “It's your choice, you know.”
 
“How is it my choice? I know you like me…It's obviously painted all over your face.” Sakura complained. “What choice is there Naruto? I'm stuck between you and Sasuke.”
 
“…Then why not choose me?” Naruto asked gripping her chin tighter.
 
“Because I'll only hurt you in the end.” Sakura replied.
 
“Is it the same for Sasuke then?!” Naruto retorted. He wouldn't let the subject drop.
 
“No. He has no feelings to be hurt,” Sakura said trying to pry his fingers away from her chin. His grip only got tighter. “And I couldn't bear to hurt yours.”
 
“Sakura…” Naruto chuckled slightly and let go of her face. He stood up, his back facing her. His head titled she could see the side of his face. “You already have.”
 
“N-Naruto…?” Sakura sat confused. He stalked away glaring forward. Sakura tried to reach out to him, but he was too far away. Is this how Naruto feels? Sakura's to far away to be touched.
 
“I already said it didn't I? That's the problem…I'm stuck between you both. And it's killing me! It's killing all three of us!” I said standing.
 
“I already said it too. It's your choice, deal with it.” Naruto replied coldly, not even looking back.
 
“Then I choose neither of you! NOW WHAT?!” Sakura screamed.
 
Naruto turned around sharply, “FINE. BY. ME!!”
 
“Naruto you jerk,” Sakura muttered loud enough for him to hear.
 
“You're just a spoiled brat that thinks the whole grand spanking world revolves around you! Well for your information Haruno, it doesn't!” Naruto yelled back.
 
And after that, they haven't spoken since.
***
 
Along the journey to find another Heaven scroll, they came upon Kabuto, the glasses wearing ninja. They've been walking for who knows how long, and Sakura had just about enough. She punched a tree and yelled,
 
“WE'RE WALKING IN CIRCLES!!!”
 
Crows and other birds flew away into the sky. Kabuto pointed a finger to a tree in the distance, and saw that same giant centipede they killed earlier.
 
“She's right. It's genjutsu.” Sasuke agreed. Kabuto nodded and Sakura crossed her arms in annoyance.
 
“So that means some bitch is trying to use up all our strength to attack us at any moment, huh? Cheaters…” Sakura said. “Speak of the devil! Our guests have arrived.”
 
Clones of some ugly ass ninja appeared in the trees and from the ground. (srry but they ugly as hell!) Naruto started laughing aloud.
 
“Eh? Four against forty is my kinda fight!” Naruto said taking out a kunai. “Those odds are always the best. The more ninja, the more action!”
 
“And they are very ugly, if I may add.” Sakura grimaced as more appeared from out of the blue. “What kind of clones are these? Ugly ones!”
 
“You sure got a big mouth for a little lady. You're all trapped like rats!” One of the clones said.
 
“Oh yea?! Well you look like rats!” Sakura retorted stomping her foot. “And I am NOT little, you bitch ass!”
 
“Cornered rats?!” Naruto yelled as he charged toward the clone. He punched him and everyone thought they were weak. Except for Zakura, of course. She knew.
 
“Naruto, get your ass back here! They're not ordinary clones!” Zakura yelled. It's been a while since she's spoken. She ran over to him and caught him before he hit the ground. “Dumbass…”
 
“Who are you!?” Naruto said looking at some orange haired girl with piercing green eyes and a beauty mark on her left cheek. He blushed.
 
“Never mind that! Let's move!” She grabbed Naruto and pulled him away from an attack. Sasuke threw shuriken at the ninja's arm and it…fell off? (Quite nasty, I know)
 
The ninja turned to Sasuke and threw a double-sided kunai at him. Before he could even react, the curse seal pulsed. Sasuke couldn't move an inch. Kabuto pushed him to the ground and his arm got sliced in the process.
 
Sakura didn't even bother helping Sasuke up. She knew the consequences. “Are you okay?”
 
Of course he didn't answer. He just sat up and watched Naruto and that strange girl get up.
 
“Come and get it!” Naruto yelled about to charge again. Zakura grabbed his collar and pulled him back next to here. “Ow!”
 
“You'll only be fighting illusions so stop.” Zakura commanded. “The real enemy is hiding somewhere waiting for an opening in the illusion to attack. This is all just a distraction.”
 
“Well wherever the are- and whoever you are- let's go find them!” Naruto said about to run off again. He only got a smack in the back of his head by Zakura.
 
“Wrong again. They want us to do that. If we'd actually go looking for them, we'd have to split up. And they'd try to take us down one by one. Plus, we wouldn't know where we're going.” Zakura explained. Everyone got quiet for a moment and then they were all confused.
 
“WHO'RE YOU!?” Naruto asked yelling and pointing. “You're not on our team!”
 
“Neither is Kabuto,” Zakura said rolling her eyes. “Duh!”
 
Why are you here anyway!? Are you an enemy too!?” Naruto questioned looking serious. What was coming up next was unexpected.
 
“You-you don't want me here?” Zakura asked rubbing her foot in the dirt acting innocent. She looked up at Naruto through her bangs and her eyes started to tear up.
 
Naruto blushed crimson. “N-no it's not that! I just wanna know who you are…”
 
“I-I'm…I'm Zakura…” She answered, some of her tears falling down her cheeks. Even the clones blushed slightly when they saw here. Not to mention Kabuto!
 
“Why do I feel like I've heard that name before?” Naruto said glancing at Sakura. She was looking away trying not to laugh.
 
“Enough talk!” The clones yelled in unison. They started throwing kunai knives at them but they were all deflected. All five were breathless.
 
“Two can play at this game! Shadow Clone Jutsu!” Naruto yelled making like…30 clones at once.
 
“Make that three!” Zakura added doing a clone jutsu too. The same number of Zakura's appeared next to all the Naruto's. “Let's do this!!”
 
“Oh great, now we have to help too.” Sakura said taking out two kunai. “Let's just get this shit over with…”
 
“Yeah…” Sasuke agreed. He took out another kunai and they both charged at the clones, followed by Kabuto.
 
“Don't think you've beaten us yet, ya ugly ass bitches!” Zakura yelled flying down from a tree and taking down two clones. “We've just gotten started!”
 
 
 
 
Yea, kinda short isn't it? My bad. I played hooky today from school. Well actually, I was sick. If you noticed, I didn't put up a song of the week. I'm about to out one up. This one really goes with this chapter. But before that, I'm answering some questions!
 
Sandragon: Um…I know what your saying. But, I made up my mind of what kind of story this is gonna be! And me being so evil, I won' tell! You have to read and find out! Lolz…BWUAHAHAA!! But seriously, thanks for the comment!
 
-Satans Spawnishly Daughter- : Ur totally welcome! Uh…not to be rude or anything but, are you high? You're comment looked a little off when I read it. Them drugs in the hospital got you seeing purple shit. And no, the sky ain't purple. It's blue…or gray from the clouds. Ur story is kick ass too!
 
AnimePrincessInuLover: Hey, I'm back. And yes, I know I'm evil Lolz. And your so sweet for reading my upcoming fic. It' gonna be awesome, I swear. I'll dedicate the first chapter to you! By the way, I'm making a two-shot soon and it's called `Masquerade Ball'. I was just bored and decided to make it. It'll be out soon! Ja ne!!
 
Song of the Week!!!
 
Man, when somebody be in your face on your nerves and talking and talking and your don't wanna hear it, then be like `YAH TRICK YAHH!' Hey Soulja Boy can I- YAH TRICK YAHH!! Yo, Arab I really- YAH TRICK YAHH!! Collipark man- (I dunno what he said.) Hey man I was just wondering can I get a- YAHH YAHH TRICK!! Git out my face!
- Soulja Boy, YAHHH!