Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Twists and Turns ❯ Why Do I care? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N I was watching a youtube thing and it gave me an Idea. So here it is. I'm not sure if It'll really go anywhere but ya never know=) Oh by the by this is Shippuuden (sp?) times. Omg I have a stupid cold so updates might be kinda slow, just fyi.
 
 
 
“Wait Naruto!! That's my jacket and headband!” Hinata desperately yelled as Naruto hurriedly ran out his apartment door, her jacket on, wearing her headband. `If Neji see's Naruto wearing my jacket I'm so dead!' Hinata thought as she quickly got off the couch and slipped on her ninja shoes and grabbed Naruto's jacket because it was freezing outside and that was the only warmth. As she ran out the door, just out of habit, Hinata swiped Naruto's headband and tyed it around her neck as she flew down the stairs. Hinata had been at Naruto's because she was afraid that her father would yell at her really bad because her mission was a failure, and someone had died because of it. `Please kamisama that Neji doesn't see Naruto!!' Hinata thought running her fingers through her hair. “Naruto!!” she yelled. Hinata saw Neji across the street, and he was looking right at Hinata. “Hinata what are you wearing?!” he demanded quickly crossing the street. `Crap caught!! Okay okay think Hinata think!!' she was frozen in place as Neji grabbed her shoulder's and shook her. “W-what? Oh I was…. Um….Naruto he…..Uh he lent me his jacket because I had forgotten mine!!” Hinata desperately made up, trying to avoid Neji's hard stare. “You know you're a horrible liar Hinata.” He stated in a voice that made Hinata swear she could smell the venom. “I'm not lying!!” she desperately tried. Seeing Sakura and Sasuke over Neji's shoulder she tried to save herself by making the argument more public. “Let go of me Neji!” Hinata demanded quiet a bit louder than was necessary. Sasuke turned his head in their direction and said as he hurried across the street, “Hey leave her alone!” Sakura looked after Sasuke to see the same thing that he did. “H-hey Neji let Hinata go!!” she also yelled crossing the street a little behind Sasuke. `Is that Naruto's jacket she's wearing?' Sakura thought in confusion. “Stay out of this Uchiha!” Neji said in the same venom smothered voice. He let go of Hinata to look him directly in the eye “Why don't you just make me Hyuuga.” Sasuke said venom lacing his voice as well, hand on his katana. Sakura mouthed `Go' while the guys where distracted. Hinata turned around while the two where badmouthing each other and ran still looking for Naruto, her long blue-black hair whipping into her pale face. Hinata's pale lavender eyes scanned the town for the distinctive spiky blonde hair of Naruto Uzamaki. She finally found him. Naruto was running toward the training grounds. “Naruto wait!!” Hinata yelled, quickening her pace. “Naruto!!” Hinata said as she grabbed his shoulder with an extremely icy hand that Naruto could feel all the way through the jacket he was wearing. “Hinata? What do you want?” he asked, oblivious to the fact that Hinata was wearing his jacket. “Y-you accidentally took my j-jacket…” Hinata mumbled, quickly taking her hand off Naruto's muscled shoulder her face so red that it glowed. “Oh sorry, I was just in a hurry!” he laughed rubbing the back of his head. Hinata took off Naruto's orange and black jacket to reveal that she was wearing a halter/no sleeve fishnet at the top and black material shirt that was tight fitting. Hinata looked up at Naruto to see that he was staring at her figure, making her blush even more. “N-Naruto what a-are you staring at?” she muttered looking down. Naruto snapped out of his trance and look at Hinata with a blank gaze for a few seconds. “Huh? Oh um nothing… I guess I should give you your jacket back now.” Naruto muttered unzipping the jacket he was wearing to reveal his muscular chest and well built shoulders under a black t-shirt that had a red swirl. Trying not to stare, Hinata remember that he was also wearing her headband. Not realizing what she was doing, Hinata set Naruto's jacket on the snow covered ground and reached her hands back around his head and undid the knot that kept it tyed to his forehead. The sudden realization of how close Hinata's face was to Naruto's made her freeze up. “H-Hinata? Are you okay?” Naruto asked seeing the blank look he was getting. She suddenly fainted, “Hinata!” Naruto shouted in surprise, catching her in his arms. Slowly Naruto kneeled down to the ground, Hinata in his bare arms. She slowly opened her clear, shining lavender eyes. She looked up to see cerulean eyes glazed with deep concern. Hinata noticed Naruto's lips move but she didn't hear anything, she was all to lost in his eyes. “Hinata!!” he finally yelled. Hinata snapped out of her trance and blinked a few times before she answered. “Huh, w-what?” she timidly asked sitting up and moving a little away from him. Suddenly a kid came up to them and said with excitement on his face and smothering his voice, “Hey did you hear?! Neji Hyuuga and Sasuke Uchiha are gonna battle it out in the training grounds in 15 minutes!!” the boy ran off to tell others of his so called great news. Naruto and Hinata looked at each other with frightened expressions. “Sasuke will slaughter Neji!!” Naruto blurted out grabbing his jacket and racing off toward the grounds. “N-Naruto wait for me!!” Hinata stuttered, grabbing her own jacket and the headband on the ground.
 
 
 
“Sasuke please don't do this!!” Sakura desperately pleaded, her eyes watering. Sasuke looked at her to see her eyes where watering and just turned away and said in the cold voice that he always had, “Don't try to stop me.” A stray tear slowly made its why down Sakura's cheek. “I don't want to lose you again…” she whispered so low that she could barely hear it herself. “Sasuke, Sakura!!” Naruto huffed as he and Hinata ran into the clearing. When Naruto made it to where the two where, he was panting so hard that he couldn't even talk. Hinata slowly followed huffing as well. “Naruto please you have to stop Sasuke he wont listen to me!” Sakura cried tears flowing freely now. “H-hey Sakura don't cry! Hinata you try to talk Sasuke outta this please.” Naruto asked cradling Sakura in his arms. “Um o-okay…” Hinata took a deep breath and turned to the tall black haired man before her. She took a few hesitant steps toward him, opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. So Hinata stood there for a few seconds, twiddling with the jeweled Yin Yang necklace that TenTen gave her for her sixteenth birthday. “Ummm…Sa-Sasuke…Please d-don't do this….” She whispered just loud enough for him to hear. He turned to face Hinata with his Sharingan fully activated, slightly losing his temper, said “I'm gonna tell you the same fucking thing I told Sakura, DON”T TRY TO STOP ME!!!!” Sasuke practically screamed in Hinata's paler than usual face(If that's slightly losing his temper I don't wanna know what full unleashed fury would be like O.O). Her eyes widened and her finger flew to her lips and she roughly bite it so hard that her finger was bleeding, a few tears falling from her lavender eyes. Sasuke had always made her uneasy but now he just made afraid for her life whenever she's around him! Hinata helplessly watched as Sasuke and Neji walked to the center of the training ground. She started to shiver so violently that she actually lost her balance and fell on her side. “Hinata maybe you should put your jacket on…And I'll put mine on. I'll be right back okay Sakura?” Naruto gently asked as he got up to grab his black and orange jacket. Hinata had a pang of sadness as she saw how in love Naruto was with Sakura. She disheartedly grabbed her white and black Yin Yang jacket and slipped her arms through, stood up and fearfully watched as the death match began.
 
 
Sasuke was huffing, and Neji was almost hyperventilating. Sasuke suddenly charged, screaming “CHIDORI BLADE!!!” Hinata was about to faint but gathered every ounce of courage, which she found out she had a lot, and did a fast as lighting back flip over Sasuke, and in front of Neji arms out all the way facing Sasuke. The blade thrust through her stomach, the lighting flying out and grappling her body, stealing almost all her chakra. Hinata screamed in agonizing pain as blood spurt out of her mouth and onto Sasuke's glove. “NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!” Naruto and Neji screamed at the same time. Sasuke had a shocked expression as he swiftly pulled out his katana. Hinata gasped and her hands flew to the hole in her stomach, and she collapsed in Sasuke's arms. He dropped the katana to catch the falling woman. “Hinata!! Hinata!! Are you okay? Why did you do that stupid!!” Neji whispered as he leaned in front of Sasuke who was kneeling and holding Hinata's bleeding form. “I-I just c-c-couldn't bare to s-s-see yo-yo-you hurt, Neji…” Hinata whispered in a soft sisterly voice so low that it was almost inaudible. Sasuke just kneeled there in complete shock, numb to everything but the fact that he stabbed and will probably kill this girl that, although he'd never admit it not even to himself, he secretly loved more than life its self. Snapping back to reality when Hinata stopped breathing, and her dull lavender eyes slowly closed as she took one last breath. “Sakura, she's not breathing!!” Sasuke partly panicked, as he shakily yelled never taking his eyes off of Hinata. Sakura, her crying spell over, rushed over to where the three were. “Um okay set her down carefully this'll take a few minutes…” she instructed as Sasuke, as gentle as a kitten, set Hinata down and stood back not wanting to look at her pale, bloodied form. Neji just kneeled there looking over Sakura's shoulder. “Okay I've done all I can. Some one call a medic nin!!” she yelled at the crowd that had gathered to watch the fight. Sakura stood up and told Neji to make sure she keeps breathing.
 
 
When the medic nin arrived it was almost too late. Hinata had lost so much blood that she looked transparent. Sasuke hadn't looked at her since the fight, and was now standing off to the side of the clearing staring out into space. Neji shot him a death glare that made him shiver slightly. Sakura walked over past Neji and gently put her hand on Sasuke's shoulder, “Its okay Sasuke it wasn't your fault. You couldn't have possibly known that Hinata was going to jump in front of Neji like that; so don't beat yourself up, okay?” she whispered in a kind `I understand' like voice. “Lets just go to the hospital.” Sasuke mumbled in a cold monotone. Sakura flinched, but just followed. They walked past Naruto who was holding onto Hinata's headband like he used to with Sasuke's. The pink haired woman gave Naruto a sympathetic look before fallowing the stone of a man who didn't even acknowledge the spiky haired youths existents. Sasuke looked down at his shirt to see that it was covered in blood, “I need to stop by my place first though…” Sakura nodded and continued on her way toward the hospital.
 
 
Sasuke walked into his house and closed the shoji screen behind him, slipped his ninja shoes off and walked toward his room. He opened the closet door and pulled out a light blue shirt with long sleeves, and a pair of old jeans that still barely fit. Sasuke slipped off his shirt to reveal a well-toned chest. After Sasuke got his cloths on, he grabbed a sweater for Hinata, and walked to the door and slipped on some white sneakers and headed toward the hospital again. He was walking down the street with his hands in his pockets thinking about if Hinata was okay or if she was still in critical. `Why do I care? It's her own fault for jumping in front of Neji…' Sasuke thought, shaking his head. `You care because you love her. Even if you won't admit it.'Mused his inner voice.
 
 
 
 
A/N Yays!! It took me a week but I finished!!! Im not sure if I should make it a NaruHina, SasuHina, or ItaHina…..*looks at readers* Why don't you decide for me=0