Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Uncle ❯ EndNotes

[ A - All Readers ]

Story Notes:
 
I tried to soften Gaara's logical thinking, to slowly give him emotions. Having the responsibility of a small child could definitely aid this process, which might happen naturally.
 
I also gave him some `control freak' tendencies. When upset or unhappy with a situation I have him think about regaining `control'. His perceived `sharing' with Naruto slowly breaks this down until he is able to `give Tenri away' to Inuho. As a child Gaara had to have a lot of mental control to survive the ordeals involving Shubaku. I think this would carry over into his adulthood.
 
In the manga Gaara strikes me as being slightly superstitious. His belief that the spirit guiding the sand was his venegeful `mother' is a good example of this. As an adult I carried remnants of this over. When he is calm he acknowledges that the voice in his head was his demon captive. How ever when stressed out after nearly killing Tenri by accident he thanks Kankurou for protecting the boy. As if because his brother's life blood had been spilt on his sand that the man's spirit resides in it.
 
People probably can't see Gaara having a dog. That was kind of just something my mind threw in. What eight-year-old boy doesn't like something that will get dirty with him? Especially a dog? It's his partner in crime. Just go with it, cause Kazuharu is so totally staying and Shie has to keep Gaara company when Tenri is away. ::sticks out tongue::
 
Romance: not important. Shika x Tem because I needed Temari to have a kid and that is the only pairing for her I like. Ino x Chouji… just happened. The prototype for this story had a friend of Shikamaru's coming to visit causing Gaara to be on his best behavior and Tenri in his `Sunday best'. Ino was just conventient, and her trying to `take Tenri away' was an added bonus. Naruto x Sasuke is a pairing I love. I hadn't originally planned on mentioning Sasuke- ever. Then I decided I wanted Tenri to be a dual shinobi. Later I realized I needed to expose the `share' aspect of Gaara's and Naruto's relationship. Gaara and Naruto are not romantically interested in each other! I don't care if it looks that way. Sakura x Lee… yet again it was convenient for me. Has anyone ever thought about forcing Lee to pluck and have long hair? Why the heck not!? I think that's all the pairings… Tenri is a dog lover, so is Inuho. Yay instant love to be had.
 
Kindred, by Maldoror, is an excellent fic if you aren't avidly against Gaara x Lee. It is also where I got the `Gaara + child = ?' idea. I had also just reread the Chibi-Gaara chapter which led to the term `uncle = Yashamaru' idea that was this fic's proto type. I originally had Temari trying to prove to Gaara that he wasn't a product of their uncle's twisted actions, that he could be an excellent uncle, that he is capable of love, and that she and Kankurou loved him. Obviously this changed, but that's how it started.
 
If this fic gave you a few ideas feel free to borrow. I just ask that you mention having picked a few ideas from another fic (possibly throw in the title `Uncle' or my name) You can even use Tenri or any of my original Characters if you do the above and inform me so I can read your fic! I have a boundless amount of curiosity for some things! All I require is a little credit and I'll be happy. Acknowledge that it wasn't all you and I am fine with it.
 
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it! Jaa ne!