Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ untold absence ❯ Surprise, surpirse ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: This is another NejiSaku story except they are still a bit young here. I'd consider it AU since Sasuke never left for the Sound in this story. I have half of chapter 7 finish for Captivation and half of chapter 2 finished for A Carriage Ride. Unfortunately that was where I was about 2 months ago…so yeah. Enjoy! Feedback is appreciated, though…please don't be so senseless and go flaming me.
 
Untold Absence
Chapter 1
 
“Kakashi-sensei…” A young medic-nin bounced off a small branch, landing gracefully on the dirt path. She turned slightly to watch the extended arm of the tree sway from her sudden jump. Rotating back to her teacher she smiled softly at him and sat on the railings of the legendary `Team Seven Bridge'.
 
Sakura patted a spot next to her, inviting the older man to join her. When he declined her offering, she frowned but shrugged off the refusal, trying hard not to read anything into it. “We need to talk.” The young girl spoke softly. “And I don't mean my typical `Why-is-Sasuke-kun-avoiding-me' speech. A real talk about my real feelings regarding a more realistic person.”
 
“It's serious?” He asked her, readying himself for a verbal slap.
 
She hesitated a bit, debating on whether or not her predicament was in fact a predicament. “I think so.” She concluded.
 
“Usually, you'd be crying.”
 
“I told you, it's not about Sasuke-k—Sasuke any longer. It's about someone else.”
 
Her teacher raised an eyebrow and gestured for her to continue with her talking. It wasn't very often you hear Haruno Sakura say that there was another man in her life except for her dad, Naruto and himself. His mind wandered off as she resumed her conversation about her new lover (whoever it was).
 
The man must agree to himself, Sakura was one hell of a girl. YES, girl. Not woman, not yet. It would be a long time before he would consider Sakura a woman. Not because of her figure, since she wasn't all that voluptuous (figure-wise, nevertheless he couldn't help but notice how much her body has grown since he last taught her--which was awhile since she took up training with the Fifth) but because she would always be that twelve year old girl that would come and cry to him at night, complaining on how big her forehead was or how Sasuke didn't talk to her that day.
 
Part of him knew that that girl was soon going to be replaced by a woman and he should be happy for her growth but his other part never wanted that girl to ever leave her innocent phase.
 
“---vited me to train with him, since I told him that I was spending most of my days with medical jutsus and never really on taijutsu.”
 
Sakura stared at her teacher, “Were you even listening?”
 
He nodded his head despite the fact that he really WASN'T listening. “Okay, so what should I do?” Kakashi coughed and closed his book. Deliberately ignoring her question he asked his own.
 
“My, my Sakura-chan and what does he want you to do?”
 
“Oh…he invited me-wait--I TOLD YOU!”
 
“I'm sorry; I didn't quite catch your last sentence.”
 
She clucked her tongue at him before repeating herself. “I told him that I was spending most of my days with Tsunade studying medical jutsus and not enough focus on taijutsu. So he invited me to train with him.”
 
He nodded his head slowly.
 
“And who is this lucky guy, requesting for your assistance?”
 
“He didn't REQUEST, he--- HEY I THOUGHT YOU WERE LISTENING!”
 
“I was, just refreshing my memory.”
 
“Well, he didn't request for my expertise in medicine he just wants to see me work and in exchange for some lessons of close combat fighting.”
 
“Okay…who is he?”
 
Kakashi smiled under his mask. He was betting against himself. It was either Lee or Naruto. Most likely Lee since she came to speak to him about it. He laughed at the mental image he built when Sakura would agree to train with him.
 
Sakura growled at her teacher.
 
He mocked her “What?”
 
“Do you want to know who?”
 
“Yes yes…” He said almost offhandedly, turning a page of his book thinking to himself how lucky Gai student was to hit it off with his student. If he was her parent he would have said no, but he was her mentor and she seemed to like the guy by the way she speaks of him. He was about to turn the next page when she spoke.
 
“Hyuuga Neji.”
 
The book dropped.