Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Weakness ❯ Weakness ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


---------------------
Weakness
By Alden-san
---------------------

Hyuga Hanabi remembers when she was young, and saw her sister chase after the same boy, and blush when he was mentioned. She also knew every time her sister hugged herself and murmured about love... and how her father would always yell about how she was weak. That brought Hanabi a swift conclusion: Love made you weak. Those who love are powerless, blinded by their adoration for others, and are dulled by this mysterious and ilogical emotion. Hanabi's father had also told Hanabi that power was the most important thing. To be strong, was the most important thing.

So she never loved her sister. She never loved her father. She never loved her family members, not even thse who showered her with affection... Because love was weak. And those who were weak would die. Hanabi had no qualms about becoming stronger than her sister. The more people were weaker than you, the faster you got strong. Slowly, but surely, she pulled this shell of neutrality around her, loving no-one, not even herself, and becoming stronger and stronger. Slowly that disgust of love became hate, and she hated everything and everyone - her weak sister, her bullying father, her jaded cousin, her blundering classmates. That hate solidified her power, and seemed to make everything okay.

Today, that weak sister is an ANBU and that cousin is a Jounin, that bullying, but strong father is in his grave, and Hanabi is alone. She is a genin, and hate it, and hates her teammates and hates everything. She sits on the outside, glaring in at all these happy faces. And a voice creeps into her little corner, it's words blacking out all these happy visions...

"I can make you strong..."