Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What am I to you? ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Council in meeting:
“The village comes first.”
“What about the Hokage? Last time we had our guard down, look what happened to the third?”
“Then she will be protected and won't be allowed to go to public for a while until the problem is solved.”
“We can't. Everyone in the village is a suspect of the disappearance of Uchiha's body or the appearance of the Uchiha to begin with.”
“Yes, we do have a traitor in the village. Why don't we give her a bodyguard?”
“Who is strong enough-?”
“Jiraiya can do the job. But, we need more than one man. What we are dealing with is beyond our strength.”
“True.”
“Indeed.”
“We don't want the citizens to panic or cause chaos that will destroy all of our plans of how to get the traitor in our hands. It will be better if we get the Hokage out of the village secretly.”
“Citizens might wonder about her and ask questions.”
“Simple, she left to go make a pact with the Rain village.”
“Hn.”
“That is a good plan. No one has the guts to question our word. But she will be out in the open.”
“Jiraiya, Kakashi Hatake, and fox-vessel will go with her as her bodyguards.”
“Hn. The rest of the ninjas even those that resigned will protect the village inside and out. Ino quit and Sakura is in mentally unstable. Those two are weak but if trained well, they can become helpful.”
“Speaking of the Haruno girl, she left the hospital yesterday.”
“Yes, the public was starting to ask questions. The truth of what occurred in that room with her will remain secret. The nurses that worked on Sakura that night with the Hokage are locked up right now. The families of the nurses-”
“We can't release the nurses. Word about the Haruno girl will get out. We will just have to do memory jutsu spells on all the families.”
“Okay.”
“Good idea.”
“Fine.”
“Agreed.”
“What of the Haruno girl?”
“We will experiment on her with the jutsu and feed her new memories. Then we will turn her into a fighting machine.”
“But, we have to find her first.”
--
Hinata knew that something was going on around the village. She also knew that someone didn't want information about Sasuke and Sakura to leak out in public. Nurses but her had gone missing that had been on the shift the night Sakura was attacked.
Hinata had stayed away; she had been in the camera room looking for her cousin when she saw the whole thing on camera. Her eyes had widened but she had known that if she went to save her, she would end up missing the next day.
There had been only one way of saving Sakura. She had left to go get Naruto.
Hinata ate her noodles in quietness. Gosh, she was so nervous though that someone might have seen her. Yeah, she had gone to Sakura's room with Naruto but then Naruto had left her there.
Hinata frowned with her heart beating. She was so scared of dying. The Council could kill her if they found out that she knew about Sakura's attack. They were the ones that set it up.
The Council had wanted Sakura out of the mental hospital because people were asking about her. However, they did lie that she had gone to a long-term mission. Sakura in a hospital meant that she had returned from her mission, greatly injured from whatever heavy mission that Hokage had assigned her.
Hinata placed her chopsticks on the napkin beside her dish before she lifted it up to her lips sipping the juice of the noodles.
Her eyes watered. She knew who attacked Sakura. It was two people actually.
The bowl dropped from her hands and noodles and its soup spilled on her uniform. Her hands shock as tears rolled from her eyes. Gosh! What was she going to do? She had to tell someone though.
Kiba and Sasuke. Kiba worked for the Council and Sasuke had his own agenda. Sasuke had come after Kiba had attacked Sakura. Sasuke was the one that bit her. However, Kiba had come earlier to the hospital with a deep wound in his stomach. That was how Kiba had entered the hospital and stayed until the next morning. Well, that was his cover.
But, she knew the truth.
A knock on the door made her jump out of her chair.
“Hinata!!” Banging this time took place.
Her eyes became large. Kiba! What was he doing here? “I'm coming,” she managed to say without a tremble of fear in her voice.
“Hurry up, its cold out here!”
She ran up the stairs to change. Her clothes came off in speed and she pulled a white shirt and blue jeans out of her closet and put them on. Rushing down stairs, she went straight to the kitchen and brought a broom to the dining room.
She swept the noodles that had dropped on the carpet under the table. She didn't want Kiba to suspect her of knowing what he had done to Sakura. Her eyes widened when she felt strong arms go around her waist. “P-please…” Her legs gave out and her eyes shut with tears falling down her cheeks.
“Lady Hinata, I won't hurt you,” Words came out of her cousin's mouth as a whisper.
She sighed and leaned against him. “Neji…” She leaned the broom on the table and wiped her eyes dry.
“Hinata!” Kiba went again.
She jumped again and moved away from Neji. “I have to get the door.” She got her bowl from the table and left to the kitchen without even looking at Neji.
“Is he giving you any trouble?” Neji whispered following her.
She knew why he was whispering. He knew that Kiba had good hearing, very good. She shrugged her shoulders placing the bowl on the sink and the broom by the counter beside the sink. Grabbing a cloth, she walked passed Neji and dried the spurts that had gone on the table when the noodles spilled. She passed him again, returning the cloth back to the sink.
He came behind her and massaged her shoulders. “I will kill him if he hurts you. And no harm is going to come to you lady Hinata I will make sure of it.” He said everything calmly but there was a deadly threat behind the calm words and he meant them.
She tried to smile for Neji and turned to face him but the serious, cold look he was giving her made her swallow what she was about to tell him. Her eyes lowered to her fiddling fingers.
A sigh escaped Neji's lips and he backed away, out of her space.
She looked at him. He cared for her. Hadn't she always wanted him to care?
“Kiba didn't do anything to me. I'm still distressed about one of my patients of late.”
He nodded but she could tell that he didn't believe her excuse.
She walked away from him and went to answer the door.
Kiba pushed through the made entrance shivering. “Finally,” he muttered out loud.
She shut the door and turned to find Kiba looking back at her, her heart skipped. But Neji coming from behind him to come to her side made her strong.
“K-Kiba,” she stuttered but kept a fake smile on her face.
Kiba groaned shoving his hands into his pockets. “I just need a place to stay for the night.”
“The rooms are in repair, maybe some other time,” Neji replied.
Kiba just shrugged his shoulders and propped himself down in the sofa.
“I can sleep on the couch.”
Hinata couldn't refuse him. She could but she had never refused him anything and if she started now, he would suspect that she knew about his dirty secret.
“What happened to your home?” She glanced at Neji who asked that question. He was crossing his arms over his chest.
Her eyes then traveled back to Kiba's form. Kiba was now combing his hands through his hair with his head on the arm of the sofa.
“I have no heat. It is fucking freezing there. Please, Hinata, can I stay over?”
He sat up and started taking off his shoes. Kiba had never waited for her answers to his requests from her but he did what he wanted.
“What the hell are you doing? Are you that stupid?”
She shiftily turned to Neji gasping softly. Oh-oh.
Kiba growled. “I was talking to Hinata and not to you. Last time I checked this isn't your house either but hers.”
“Inuzuka, I will put this in words that your simple mind would understand. See, you are not welcome here.”
Kiba dumped his shoes to the floor and sat Indian style on the couch. “Hinata, why don't you tell us to prove this fag wrong?”
She opened her mouth with huge eyes. Her hands caught Neji's arm as he was about to make a move towards Kiba.
“No name calling please, K-Kiba.”
Kiba just blankly stared at her and glanced at Neji again. “Right,” he answered looking back at her. “Your answer please?”
She couldn't control her shaking fingers so she put them at her back not wanting Kiba to catch sight of them and their non-voluntary movements. “Okay,” she said and kept her eyes away from Neji from there on.
Kiba whistled and laid back down the chair putting his arm over his eyes.
She felt Neji move away from her to sit in the opposite couch from Kiba.
Both men stayed the night. Neji didn't leave his position from the couch until Kiba had left her home late in the morning.