Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She slammed her fist into the ground. Nothing happened.
“Hitting the ground in frustration does not prove you have adequate chakra control,” Itachi stated. Sakura smirked as the ground started to rumble. Itachi looked down at the quaking ground and it collapsed underneath him, almost causing him to lose his balance, almost.
“Is that enough proof for you Uchiha, or do I have to show you again? I have plenty of chakra control left.”
“I suppose your control is acceptable, or Konoha wouldn't have picked you for a medical-nin,” he replied. She scowled at him. How arrogant could this guy get? It must run in the family.
“My chakra control is more than acceptable. I'll have you know I have perfect control over my chakras. I was trained by the best.”
“Hatake Kakashi is far from the best.”
“I was trained by the Tsunade, the fifth hokage.” Itachi remained silent. The petal-haired girl stated to walk away, but soon collapsed. She was still rather weak.
At that moment, Kisame walked in and looked at the rubble.
“There's no way I'm cleaning that mess up,” he stated. Itachi glared and threw yet another shurkien at him; this time landing in his shoulder. Itachi grabbed Sakura by the hair and dragged her back to the room she was previously in.
 
 
When Sakura came to, everything was blurry again. She hadn't eaten or drunken anything that day. Nothing was coming back into focus, so all she saw was blurs and blobs of color as before. A blob across the room was facing towards her with its legs crossed. Sakura's thoughts weren't all entirely together, so she couldn't exactly remember where she was.
“Water…” her voice croaked, “Can I have some water?” The blob didn't move, it just shifted its position and crossed its legs again. She heard a door open and another blob came in.
“We've just been informed that Orochimaru has been found on the premises. It seems he has your younger brother with him. Shall we be on our guard?” the second blob asked. The first blob muttered something she couldn't quite catch and the two blobs walked out of the room.
 
When she came to yet again, things were a bit clearer and her throat was parched.
“Where am I?” she asked herself.
“You're in Akatsuki headquarters,” a voice behind her answered. She tried getting up, but her body wouldn't support her. “Itachi-sama has requested you remain here until he gets back in a few days.”
Sakura mentally slapped herself. That's right, she thought, that damn Itachi put me here! Just then, a question popped him her head that she had been asking herself the whole time she was brought here.
“Why is he keeping me alive?” she asked. The person shrugged.
“I have no idea, I just work here, but there have been rumors.”
“Rumors?”
“Trust me, you don't want to know what people have been saying.” Sakura turned her head around. The person who was talking to her was a woman. She gave the stranger a confused look. The woman read the look on her face instantly.
“Itachi-sama thought it would be best if he had the women watch over you.”
“Why?” Sakura asked.
“Most Akatsuki men are not to be trusted. You'll learn that once you stay here long enough.”
“What are they saying?” The woman sighed.
“Don't say I didn't warn you,” she said. “Some say he's interested in your chakra control, others say he wants to teach you so you can become a medic-nin here as we are running short on them, but most say he wants to have you around for his pleasure.”
Sakura shuddered. She hoped that it wasn't the latter of the three…