Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Yes Definitely Love ❯ Yes Definitely Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Van Remus
Pairing: Kakashi x Iruka
Genre: Romance
Disclaimer: I sadly don’t own anything from Naruto and I make no profit from these fleeting fancies. And for those of you that catch it I don’t own or make money from anything “Say Anything...” either.
Note: Written for the KakaIru LJ community theme challenge - 100 Ways to Fall in Love
Happy Birthday Kakashi-sensei

Yes Definitely Love

Kakashi was not a man of hesitancy or in-action. He was an accomplished top-notch ninja who had looked death in the face countless times, so why was it that he trembled at the thought of approaching the object of his, dare he say, love? Standing below the dimly lit window with a boom box in tow, he felt awkward in a way he could never remember feeling. Iruka was smart, sweet and nice and everyone knew he only deserved the best; aka not a socially an emotionally challenged and damaged Copy-nin even if they had developed a deep friendship. Taking a deep breathe he pressed play on the cassette and lifted the boom box above his head. "In your eyes the light the heat. In your eyes, I am complete... In your eyes, oh I want to be that complete. I want to touch the light the heat I see in your eyes" the words floated up to the window, and for a moment that seemed like an eternity there was nothing and Kakashi could do nothing but hold his breathe and wait. Finally, a shadow appeared and the window creaked open. Iruka looked out his stunned confused expression as he looked around quickly turned to warm loving surprise as a beautiful smile lit golden brown eyes and a brilliant blush warmed his features. The Copy-nin let out the breathe he had been holding and let that warm wash over him. Yes, Kakashi thought in that moment, love had definitely been the right word.