Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Yondaime's Scroll ❯ Kakashi ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yondaime's Scroll Part Two
 
 
I finally decided to add another part to Yondaime's scroll. First let me explain something right off the bat. Arashi is a lot more relaxed in this letter. Meaning, he's not as formal like Naruto's letter. Unlike Naruto, he actually had a chance to know Kakashi. This all takes place the same day/night that Arashi dies and the contents of the letter will tie into Breaking Point eventually. Hopefully that explains things a bit before you get started. So enjoy!
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.
 
OOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooO OooOO
 
Entering his apartment, Hatake Kakashi, slammed the door shut behind him. Walking unsteadily towards his bed, he collapsed onto it. Feeling something brushing up against his hair, he reached up to move it. Grabbing it in one hand, he went to throw it into a corner until he recognized the writing on the small thing. Sitting up he opened it with shaking hands, and began to read.
 
 
Kakashi,
 
I'll be leaving soon, so unfortunately this will be the last thing that you'll receive from me. As your sensei, I taught you everything that I thought you needed to become a good shinobi. As for being a man, I hope that I taught you what you needed there too. Time's running short, and all of a sudden I'm finding all of these things that I wanted to tell you or show you. It's kind of strange for me to realize that I don't have all of the time in the world anymore. I never really thought that things would end up like this. I guess that means that Tsunade was right about the arrogance. Just don't tell her that I ever admitted that. On to more serious things, my wife died tonight. With all of the injured being brought in from the Kyuubi's attacks, there just wasn't enough chakra to help her. It seems like the only good thing to come out of tonight is the fact that I have a son now. He even looks like me, or at least he will when he gets older. About my son.... Sandaime's already promised me that he won't let that bastard from Sand know about him. Kakashi, I need you to do something for me. I'm going to die tonight; there's no doubt about that. Honestly, I don't even regret it, because that's part of being Hokage. What I do regret is that I'm leaving him alone. Life's going to be hard on him, and I need to know that someone will watch out for him. I don't doubt that if things had turned out differently, that you would have been in his life. However, I'm going to ask you to watch over him and…and try to do the things that I can't. I won't be there to teach him how to throw a kunai, or even taijutsu. I've already asked Jiraiya in another letter to take over his training when he gets older, but until then he's going to need someone. There isn't anyone else that I would trust this to. Also, you understand the dangers that my name brings. I'm not exactly the most popular person outside of Konoha. And…well…this is really it. I always knew in some way that I was going to end up on that damn wall, but I didn't expect it to happen this way. Just remember everything that I've taught you, and you'll be fine. Try to take care of Naruto for me, and try to read Jiraiya's book for me too.
 
Arashi
 
A tear plopped silently onto the small scroll, before shaking hands rolled it back up. Placing the scroll onto the bed next to him gently, Kakashi dropped his head into hands. As his shoulders began to shake, a broken whisper became audible.
 
“I promise sensei.”
 
OoooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooO OooOO
 
And it's done.