Naruto Shippuden Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon Online Shippuden: Worlds’ Song ❯ Dark World Secrets Revealed ( Chapter 71 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
In the last chapter, you have seen how the world was changed from the events that happened earlier in this final arc of the story. While it is a ‘brand new world’, there have been only minor changes to this timeline, due to what happened, so, there isn’t any radical change. However, there was also plenty of foreshadowing in the previous chapter for what’s to come in the future, but that’s all that I’m going to say since I don’t want to spoil anything. Now, once again, I have to give thanks and credit to Belletiger and Kanius as well as Kanius’ YuYuGiDigiMoon fanfiction series, especially his The Invasion of the Rajita story, for giving me permission to use the idea of Valkyrie Sailor Soldiers and everything that’s a part of them in my fanfiction. I would like to give thanks and credit to Kanius and his YuYuGiDigiMoon series, including this author’s Dawn of Chaos story, and LazerWulf for giving me permission to use the idea for their version of Sailor Charon, namely the fact that she is Sailor Pluto’s sister among other things. Now, I know that this is getting old, but as our ‘SAO stars’ would say: Link start!

 

I DO NOT OWN Sailor Moon, Sword Art Online, Naruto, Accel World, Digimon series, Yu-Gi-Oh R/GX/5Ds/Zexal/Arc-V, Kingdom Hearts, Hyperdimensional Neptunia series, Gundam series, especially Gundam Build Fighters, Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden, Mortal Kombat, Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed, Maken-Ki, Tenchi Muyo series, Ronin Warriors, Pretty Cure, Queen’s Blade/Gate, Dragonball Z/GT, Star Trek series, Star Wars, Log Horizon, Sonic the Hedgehog, DC universe, Marvel universe, Assassin’s Creed, Senran Kagura, Sekirei, Monster Musume, Karin/Chibi Vampire, 12 Beast, Stargate series, One Piece, Final Fantasy, Rave Master, Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, Code Lyoko, Transformers, and anything/anyone that comes from these and other stories that end up in this fanfiction! Sailor Moon is owned/licensed by Naoko Takeuchi and its various studios and publishers, Sword Art Online is owned/licensed by ASCII Media Works, A-1 Pictures Inc., and its various directors/publishers including Reki Kawahara and Tomohiko Itō, Naruto is owned/licensed by Masashi Kishimoto, Yuuto Date, Jump Comics, and Studio Pierrot, Digimon is owned/licensed by Toei Animation and its various directors, including Hiroyuki Kakudo, Yu-Gi-Oh is owned/licensed by Kazuki Takahashi, Toei Animation, and Studio Gallop, Yu-Gi-Oh GX is owned/licensed by Naoyuki Kageyama, Studio Gallop and its various directors, Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds is owned/licensed by Katsumi Ono and Studio Gallop, and Sword Art Online is owned/licensed by ASCII Media Works, A-1 Pictures Inc., and its various directors/publishers including Reki Kawahara and Tomohiko Itō!

 

Warning: This story contains intense violence, blood, gore, death, mild to explicit suggestive themes, including mind-control and brainwashing, mild to explicit bad language, and mature adult themes/situations!

 

Second Warning: Some to a lot of OOC (Out of Character) actions and mannerisms in this whole story!

 

Sailor Moon Online Shippuden: Worlds’ Song

 

(Sword Art Online: Lost Song opening theme song ‘Cynthia No Hikari’ starts)

 

The scene starts with an immense legion of rainbow colored butterflies going through the skies of the real, Digital, virtual worlds of SAO and ALO, and many other worlds before they head for Aincrad in which Kirito, in SAO and ALO forms, Usagi, in her SAO and ALO forms with Princess Serenity and Valkyrie Sailor Moon, Leafa with Princess Selene and Valkyrie Sailor Celestial, and all of the friends/family/loved ones in all of their ‘forms’ looking at Aincrad and all of these worlds.

 

Sammy is in his ALO form of Shingo before he returns to his ‘real world self’ in which a duel disk appears on his left wrist, he draws a card, and brings out Life Stream Dragon while Hiyori walks along as an image of Lux, from SAO and her new ALO ‘incarnation’, but stop when they see Laughing Coffin in front of them along with a mysterious female ‘shadow’ with a sinister smile. However, Rika and Keiko, with images of virtual avatars of Lisbeth and Silica, both in SAO and ALO forms, come over to her and they smile in which Hiyori smiles back before all three of them with Thor and the Legendary Dragons/Knights, Timaeus, Critias, and Hermos, appearing behind them to help. Sinon, in her ALO form, transforms into her Valkyrie Sailor Scout form of Sailor Orion where she then aims at some kind of unknown enemy.

 

The next scene starts at the beginning of Sword Art Online before switching to battle with Illfang the Kobold Lord, then heads for the battle on Floor 75 against the Skull Reaper and then Heathcliff, before switching to the entry of Leafa, Mamoru, and the Sailor Scouts into SAO, Leafa’s first transformation into Eternal and then Valkyrie Sailor Celestial before hers and Heathcliff’s battle in the Ruby Palace, our heroes and heroines venturing through ALO, Suguha/Sailor Celestial Pendulum Summoning her monsters for the first time including Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, meeting up with Naruto, Sakura, and Hinata, battling through Gamindustri, and venturing through worlds aboard the USS Enterprise as well as Serena’s, Asuna’s, Suguha’s, Kari’s, and Hinata’s journey through the worlds leading up to Academia and the Keyblade Graveyard. Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, and Starve Venom Fusion Dragon emerge and hover over Serena/Sailor Moon and Suguha/Sailor Celestial as their ‘dimensional counterparts’ as ‘darkness’ from the four dragons and the shadows of all ‘forms’ of Sailor Moon and Sailor Celestial merge into the massive fiendish dragon, Supreme King Z-ARC.

 

Our heroes and heroines mass against Supreme King Z-ARC where they have a legion of allies ranging from the CPUs of Gamindustri and their friends, including IF, Compa, and others, Ange, Hilda, and the other Para-Mail riders, Sora (M), Riku, Kairi, King Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and many others from the Kingdom Hearts universe, the superheroes of the DC universe, Yugi, Atem, and their friends, Yusei and his friends, the former Signers, and so many others joined together with Digimon and the most powerful monsters of Duel Monsters: The Egyptian God Monsters, Obelisk, Slifer, and Ra, the Sacred Beasts, Uria, Hamon, and Raviel, the Legendary Dragons/Knights, Timaeus, Critias, and Hermos, the Signer Dragons and their Duel Dragon counterparts, and the Aesir.

 

The colors being black and white, Sumeragi with his kitana is seen, Dai, in his ALO form, is seen with his two swords, and then Queen Serenity looking solemnly at the images of Kirito, Princess Serenity, Princess Selene, Davis with UlforceVeedramon, Sailor Sun with Magnadramon, and Naruto as the golden crescent moon sigil, Princess Selene’s twin sigils, the Crest of Miracles, Life, and Light, and the Uzumaki Whirlpool symbol are assembled around an image of the Queen’s Gate with a giant blue heart and Aincrad in the center crossed by two Kye-Blades.

 

Soon after, the images shows all of our Digidestined, Sailor Scouts, Ninja, Duelists, and SAO survivors surround by legions of their friends already known from worlds ranging from Spira, Angel Grove, and beyond as well as those friends that they have yet to meet.

 

Sailor Cosmos makes her appearance with cards wielded by Paradox, Aporia, and Z-One, Ermac, with the ‘images’ of the Moonlit Black Cats, minus Sachi, and Yuuko, behind him/her with the power of the Orichalcos and Earthbound Immortals, Laughing Coffin and another female figure, Dark Suguha, the Professor, and so many other enemies face Sailor Moon, Sailor Celestial, Kazuto, and Hiyori, but they are joined by their friends/family/loved ones/allies as they face off against them, but Davis and Sailor Sun, with ‘dark shadows looming’ from behind them, face off against Sailor Moon and Sailor Celestial as their shadows turn into Supreme King Z-ARC with the Professor and Heathcliff watching over them.

 

The scene then switches to Naruto’s and Sasuke’s battle in the Valley of Ends while seeing the battles between Kirito, in his SAO form, against Heathcliff, Eternal Sailor Moon against Heathcliff, and finally Sailor Celestial, in Eternal and Valkyrie Sailor Scout forms, fighting against Heathcliff at the Ruby Palace in SAO, but it then switches to Naruto and Sasuke, in the ‘Shippuden forms’, glaring each other down with Keyblades, Dai and Kirito preparing to fight against Sumeragi, Davis preparing to fight various duelists with the Signer and Duel Dragons against various ‘dark duelists’ in history along with a dark figure behind a dark sinister version of Duel Academy with a legion of duelists with masks shaped like the top of Obelisk the Tormentor’s head, his ‘crown’, and finally, Naruto, Valkyrie Sailor Moon, Valkyrie Sailor Celestial, Davis, Kazuto, looking like SAO Kirito and wielding two Keyblades, and all of their friends/comrades/loved ones with a massive army are staring down Heathcliff, Sugou/Alberich, the members of Laughing Coffin, Queen Beryl, Prince Diamond, Wicked Lady, Mistress Nine, Myotismon, the Dark Masters, someone that looks like a black version of Ken as the Digimon Emperor, Rig and Donovan with their ‘ultimate bio-weapon’ that looks like their shape-shifting ‘Phase 4’ version of Kasumi, Master Xehanort and his Organization XIII, and so many more.

 

Just then the scene shows Naruto and Sasuke in their fight with their Keyblades switching to Dai and Kirito clashing with Sumeragi, twin swords against kitana, switching to Davis fighting against legion of ‘dark duelists’ with the Signer and Duel Dragons in which a mysterious figure summons the three Egyptian God Monsters, Obelisk the Tormentor, Slifer the Sky Dragon, and the Winged Dragon of Ra, who is joined by the three Aesir, Odin, Thor, and Loki, who are wielded by Sailor Celestial with Odin, Sailor Venus with Loki, and Rika with Thor, and launching their assault.

 

The final scene has Naruto, Valkyrie Sailor Moon, Valkyrie Sailor Celestial, Davis, wearing an armor similar to the Armor of Inferno from Ronin Warriors, Valkyrie Sailor Sun, and Kazuto, looking like SAO Kirito, and all of them wielding Keyblades are staring down Heathcliff and others in the Keyblade Graveyard under a large glowing blue heart in which, at some kind of mysterious ‘signal’, they engage in an incredible clash of Keyblades with incredible speed, skill, and ability as the friends/allies/comrades/loved ones of said heroes are rushing down to aid them. As images of SAO, ALO, Earth, the Moon Kingdom, the Leaf Village, and so many other worlds pass by at incredible, the scene shifts to see Naruto helping Kazuto, Valkyrie Sailor Moon, and Valkyrie Sailor Celestial create a Kye-Blade in which they charge at Heathcliff, who is somehow also wielding a Kye-Blade. When their Kye-Blade clash, there is a massive light as images of the Dimensional Dragons and a mysterious kingdom in front of ALO appears.

 

(Sword Art Online: Lost Song opening theme song ‘Cynthia No Hikari’ ends)

 

Chapter 71: Dark World Secrets Revealed

 

September 2025, ALO, Svart Alfheim, Flosshilde

 

Within a cave dungeon in Flosshilde, a land that’s part of the virtual world of ALO, our heroes and heroines are fighting against Bergrisi, a brown and green-yellow golem monster similar to Grendel, the boss monster that they fought to disable the Attitude Limiter in Svart Alfheim to allow them to reach new places in all three of the lands of Svart Alfheim that they couldn’t before.

 

As they continue to battle Bergrisi, Dai asks, “Is it just me or is anyone else having déjà vu over here?”

 

Takeru responds, “It isn’t just you.” Bergrisi stomps along the floor causing stone spikes to come up from the group in which many of the others manage to dodge or block, but a few of them suffer significant HP damage causing them to need to get healed or take potions to restore their HP.

 

As Bergrisi shows signs for a charge attack, Kirito yells out, “It is about to charge! Evade!” Bergrisi charges in and those in its path barely manage to dodge.

 

Yuuki says, “Wow! That was close!”

 

Miyako says, “That’s for sure!”

 

Usagi says, “Keep it surrounded, but watch its movements! It could still leap backwards like Grendel!”

 

Minako says, with a nod, “Got it, girlfriend!” The group make sure to surround Bergrisi and then dodge three backward leap attacks before moving into a charging attack that other group of ALO adventures barely managed to dodge.

 

Taichi says, “For a big golem monster, he is pretty fast!”

 

Yamato says, with a nod, “No joke!” They continue to fight Bergrisi in a manner similar to the fight with Grendel and soon enough, Bergrisi suffers the same fate as Grendel and the boss monster shatters into hundreds of data pixels.

 

Klein says, with a grin, “Got him!” Just then a blue orb with a fish relief on it appears in front of our group.

 

Philia says, excitedly, “That’s it! We got it!”

 

Strea says, excitedly, “Yeah! We got the item!”

 

Philia, who is carrying the orb currently, says, “We got the next orb. It has a fish relief on it.”

 

Yuuki asks, “That makes five so far. We’ll have them all pretty soon, huh?”

 

Dai says, with a grin, “With the way that we are going? No problem, Yuuki!”

 

Akari says, with a smile, “I agree, Dai-kun.”

 

Asuna says, “Same here. I can’t help to wonder what will happen when we have them all.”

 

Sam says, “Our best bet is to find the next boss monster that’s guarding the next orb.” Plenty of the others nod their heads in agreement and the group ventures forth to finding the next item to advance them on their quest to get to the final area of Svart Alfheim.

 

(Sometime soon after)

 

Our group is now venturing through another dungeon in Flosshilde in which they are battling golem, flying, and skeleton monsters along the way.

 

Yui, in her pixie form, says, “Good work, everyone.”

 

Dai says, with a smirk, “No problem, Yui.”

 

Philia says, with a smile, “And we found some good treasure too.”

 

Akari says, with a smile, “You seem happy about that.”

 

Minako says, with a grin, “Anyone would be happy about that, Kari.”

 

The group find themselves in front of a door and Kirito says, “I think that the boss is up ahead.”

 

Yui says, with a nod, “I believe that you are right, Daddy.”

 

Takeru says, “Most likely, it will be a stronger version of a boss monster that we have defeated.”

 

Dai says, “Doesn’t matter. We’ve beaten tougher.”

 

Akari says, with a nod, “I’m with you, Dai-kun.”

 

Kirito says, nodding his head, “Let’s do this.”

 

Yui says, “I’ll make sure to give you as much support as possible, Daddy.” The door opens and the group enters the room where they find another version of Lindwurm being flanked by two skeleton mobs known as Spartoi in which this Lindwurm gives a massive roar of power.

 

Kendo says, “We have that dragon monster, Lindwurm, again.”

 

Sam says, “Along with two skeleton mobs in support.”

 

Kirito says, “We need to take care of mobs right away!”

 

Usagi says, “I’ve got it, Kirito!”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “I’m with you, Usagi!” Immediately, Usagi and Leafa charge at the Spartoi while the rest of our group focus their attention of Lindwurm.

 

Asuna shouts out, “Keep the boss monster off Usagi-chan and Leafa-chan until they defeat the mobs!”

 

Agil says, with a nod, “Got it!” As Usagi and Leafa attack the two skeleton mobs, the others attacks the Lindwurm and focus its attention on them to keep it from attacking the two of them while their attention is focus on getting rid of the two skeleton monsters.

 

As Sinon fires her arrows from afar, she then yells out, “Watch out!” Soon enough, the group barely manages to escape a flame attack from Lindwurm in which it follows with a nasty stomp attack.

 

Kirito says, “Watch out for its body slams!” In short order, both Usagi and Leafa take care of the skeleton monsters and quickly rejoin the others to assist them against the boss monster. The group spread out and stand against Lindwurm with its flame attacks, body slam, and stomp attacks which resulted in the healers of the group working quite a bit hard with quite a few healing potions being used. It took quite a bit of work to say the least, but our group finally manages to strike the final blow causing this stronger version of Lindwurm to shatter into hundreds of data pixels. In the aftermath of the fight, the group is looking at a white orb with the relief of a woman wearing a crown of leaves is in their hands.

 

Alicia says, excitedly, “Hey, we did it! That was amazing!”

 

Leafa says, “That’s a win for the party!”

 

Yuuki says, “What a precious jewel. There is a relief of a goddess on it.”

 

Asuna says, “So there is. It is so pretty…”

 

Sinon says, with a smile, “Number six.”

 

Kirito asks, curiously, “Are these orbs the keys to the last dungeon?”

 

Usagi retorts, “Most likely. I mean: What else could they be?”

 

Mizuno says, “Well that wouldn’t be surprising Kirito.”

 

Kendo says, “That would be standard to RPG games, but it isn’t a sure thing.”

 

Agil says, with a smile, “Well, we need to go and find out.”

 

(Shortly thereafter)

 

In an area of Flosshilde known as The Ruins of Sigmund, our group of adventures is assembled at a door that seems to be locked.

 

Philia asks, “It won’t budge. Is it locked?”

 

Asuna responds, looking, “Yes, it is…Wait! A-ha! There are six holes in the door!”

 

Agil says, seeing it, “I see them.”

 

Sam says, “And they look to be the size of the orbs that we have.”

 

Dai tells Kirito, “Looks like you were right on the money, buddy.”

 

Minako says, “Well, what are you waiting for? A written invitation? Put the orbs in already!”

 

Makoto says, “Hold your horses, Mina-chan!”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Right.”

 

Asuna asks, curiously, “Like this?” Kirito and Asuna fit the orbs into the slots, there is a flash, and when the flash dies down, the door slides up and open.

 

Lisbeth says, “It opened!”

 

Asuna says, excitedly, “Wonderful! We did it!”

 

Taichi asks, “Ready, everyone?”

 

Yamato asks, with a smile, “Do you need to ask?”

 

Klein says, excitedly, “Come on, let’s go!” The group immediately enters into the dungeon, but Klein yelps as he barely dodges an arrow from what looks like a white humanoid monster with wings made of light.

 

Miyako asks, “What is that?”

 

Leafa says, “I’ve heard about those monsters before!”

 

Sakuya says, with a nod, “Yes. They look like the Guardians of the World Tree of the original main quest of ALO.”

 

Kirito asks, curiously, “You mean the one to gain unlimited flight before the reboot of ALO.”

 

Alicia says, with a nod, “That’s right. That one is called a Guardian Sniper.”

 

Sinon says, “That’s pretty obvious.” The group then dodges another ‘light arrow’ from the humanoid monster, Guardian Sniper, in which a second one is revealed to be nearby.

 

Yui says, “Watch out, everyone! They are long range attackers!”

 

Mamoru says, “That means that they don’t do well in close ranges.” Immediately, much of the group, being close range fighters, move and attack both Guardian Snipers in close range battle which they are helpless against.

 

When they shatter into hundreds of data pixels, Dai says, excitedly, “Got them!”

 

Asuna says, “But we better be careful of more of them.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Good point, Asuna.” Kirito tells Sinon, “We’re going to be counting on you and others with really good eyesight, Sinon.”

 

Sinon nods her head and she says, “Don’t forget you have a mastered Search Skill, Kirito. We are counting you and Usagi.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod and smile, “Right, Sinon.”

 

Usagi says, with a smile, “We’re on it!” The group ventures on through the dungeon where they encounter more Guardian Snipers and there are plenty of Mimic, yokai, and skeleton style monsters.

 

As they continue on, Philia says, annoyed, “I hate Mimics! They always duplicate treasure chests.”

 

Takeru says, “Not surprising since as a treasure hunter, you want to find treasure, not have your head in a monster’s mouth.” As they venture forward, they find more golem and instinct style monsters deeper on.

 

Klein says, annoyed, “Those overgrown bugs are annoying.”

 

Taichi says, “Yeah. Their stun and paralyzing effects are a real pain in the neck.”

 

Lisbeth says, with a nod, “No kidding!” Our group continues on until they reach a door and all of them look at it intently.

 

Usagi says, “This looks like a boss room’s door.”

 

Kirito says, “It doesn’t look like anyone has beaten it yet.”

 

Makoto asks, “So, what do you think?”

 

Kirito says, “I say that we should give it a shot.”

 

Strea says, “Okay! We’ll give it our all!” When the door opens, a massive wind comes out from the door.

 

Miyako says, “Here we go again!”

 

Yui says, “Everyone, we’re moving to another location!” Just then in a flash, everyone finds themselves flying outside where they find a large dark violet squid-like creature in which the head ‘peel away’ to reveal a dark blue armored female humanoid creature with a trident in her hands attached to the squad-like body. Yui says, “Defeating this boss will complete the quest of completing this land! Please do your best!”

 

Minako says, winching, “Easier said than done, Yui!”

 

Haruka says, “It makes you not want to eat seafood again.”

 

Michiru says, with a smile, “I don’t know…”

 

Taichi says, “Hey, it is doing something!” Everyone looks as the boss monster, named Heidrun from their displays, folds back up into a massive squid and aims itself at them.

 

Kirito says, seriously, “Everyone, evade!” Immediately, everyone scatters as Heidrun launches itself like a spear at the ground in which all of them barely manage to avoid the attack.

 

Sam says, “This isn’t going to be easy.”

 

Dai says, with a grin, “It wouldn’t be fun if it was all too easy, bro.” The group spreads out and Heidrun reopen its head in which it sprays a freezing mist out.

 

Yui says, “Be careful of the mist everyone!”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Got it, Yui-chan!” Immediately, the group goes onto the counterattack and they quickly discover that the body was the toughest part of Heidrun.

 

Asuna shouts out, “Don’t go for the body! Try to strike the upper body!”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “We got it, Asuna!” Sinon uses her bow and arrows with her excellent Cat Sith eyes to hit exactly where Asuna had told everyone to hit. However, the battle isn’t easy as Heidrun covers its upper body and attacks with its thrust attacks when it ‘spear mode’ as Klein and a few other members of the group called it. It also closed up and opened up again for ice mist attacks, but Heidrun also had some kind of ‘energy beam’ that it lashed out with its trident as well. Heidrun also kept moving to make sure that its upper body isn’t attacked since it is one of its vulnerable spots.

 

After dodging another beam attack, Miyako says, “This overgrown squid is tough!”

 

Sam tells Miyako, with a smile, “It is the big boss monster after all.” They continue on battling on in which they try to strike the upper body with a mixture of magic, arrows, and close range attacks with their weapons, but at one point, Dai is sent to the ground after taking a hit from a thrust attack that he pushed Akari out of the way from causing him a significant amount of damage to his HP.


After getting to his feet, Dai says, holding his head, “That’s something that I don’t want to do again.”

 

Akari flies down and she asks, “Are you okay, Dai-kun?”

 

Dai says, with a grin, “Yeah. This is why I like Full-Dive VR, Kari-chan: Pain absorbers.” Akari smiles as she uses a healing spell to restore much of Dai’s HP and the two of them take back to the skies in which Dai then slashes at one of Heidrun’s tentacles in which he does significant damage equal to hitting its upper body. Dai asks, surprised, “What the?!”

 

Sinon thinks in her mind, upon seeing this, “Maybe…” Sinon uses her arrows to hit another tentacle and another significant amount of damage is done.

 

Dai says, surprised, “Whoa!”

 

Sinon shouts out, “It’s tentacles are also a weak point!”

 

Taichi says, with a nod of understanding, “We got you, Sinon!” Taichi shouts out, “Hear that! Split up!”

 

Asuna says, seriously, “Some attack the top and some attack its tentacles!”

 

Klein says, with a grin, “You got it!”

 

Agil says, with a nod, “Right!” Immediately, the group splits up into two teams with one group attacking the upper torso while the others attack the tentacles causing the damage inflicted on Heidrun to increase at a rapid rate. However, as its HP drops down significantly, Heidrun starts to vary its attack patterns and starts to lash out with its tentacles now.

 

Minako says, avoiding a tentacle, “Whoa!”

 

Kirito says, seriously, “Be careful, everyone! It’s attack patterns are changing!”

 

Dai says, seriously, “No damn kidding, bro!” Dai then dodges another tentacle attack and the group continues to pound away at the boss monster making sure to keep its attention divided with Sinon hitting its weak points with pin-point accuracy. In fact, it is one of Sinon’s skills that strikes the final bow hitting Heidrun in its weak spot causing it to howl before it shatters into hundreds of data pixels.

 

With victory in their hands, Kirito yells out, excitedly, “Awesome! We cleared the quest first!”

 

The rest of the group cheer excitedly and Makoto says, “Oh, yeah! We’re the best!”

 

Minako says, “And Shamrock is dead last this time!”

 

Dai says, excitedly, “You know it!”

 

Just then Sumeragi and a group of Shamrock members appears, quickly realize what is happening, and Sumeragi says, “You got here first.”

 

Taichi says, with a grin, “Got that right, buddy boy!”

 

Usagi says, with a smile, “Sorry, Sumeragi-san, but we’ve already completed the quest that unlocks the Dark World.”

 

Sumeragi says, “We’re one step behind this time, but this is a mere waypoint. We’re still in the middle of clearing Svart Alfheim and the clearing of the Dark World begins now! In other words, this is the endgame. And in the end, Shamrock, will conquer it first!”

 

Miyako whispers to Sam, annoyed, “Sounds like a sore loser to me.”

 

Sam whispers back, with a nervous smile, “Miyako-chan…”

 

Kirito says, with a smile, “Ah, but we’re not going to lose.”

 

Sumeragi scoffs at this and Dai says, annoyed, “Rude, dude.”

 

Kirito tells Sumeragi, “By the way, Sumeragi, this is changing the subject, but how is Seven doing? Is she well?”

 

Sumeragi responds, “What are you talking about? I don’t recall trusting you with that information.”

 

Kirito replies, “Well, it feels like I haven’t seen her in a while. She is just a kid, after all. I was wondering if she has been overexerting herself, that’s all.”

 

Sumeragi retorts, “That’s none of your concern. She exists on a higher plane of reason than you lot could possibly imagine. Base creatures like you wouldn’t understand.”

 

Lisbeth asks, annoyed, “What was that?”

 

Yamato says, with a glare, “We can understand that you are insulting us, pal.”

 

Kirito says, glaring at Sumeragi, “Don’t kid yourself. A kid that young is probably still trying to meet everyone’s expectations of her while being molded and groomed by the adults around her. I have a problem with you treating her like some kind of god with some kind of unbelievable power.”

 

Usagi thinks in her mind, “I agree, Kirito, but maybe not for the same reasons that you are thinking about.” Usagi looks at Leafa and she nods at some kind of unsaid agreement between them.

 

Sumeragi says, “Kirito, I have recognized your strength. But I have no obligation to tell you anything about Shamrock’s activities under any circumstances.”

 

Sumeragi and his group leave and Kirito yells out, “Hey! Sumeragi! Wait!”

 

Taichi tells Kirito, with a sigh, “Let him go, Kirito.”

 

Yamato says, “The guy isn’t going to say anything to you no matter what.”

 

Dai says, with a nod, “Yeah! Forget them! They are sore losers!”

 

Asuna and Leafa look at Kirito and Asuna asks, concerned, “Kirito-kun?”

 

Kirito asks, “Shamrock, treating that girl like that…What in the heck do they want with her anyway?”

 

Haruka says, “Who knows.”

 

Michiru says, “But then again, you might be asking the wrong question.”


Tomoe asks Michiru, “Michiru-mama?” However, the group then looks to see the clouds parting and another floating land revealed to all of them.

 

Leafa says, pointing to that floating land, “Everyone, the door finally opened! The door to Svart Alfheim’s Dark World!”

 

Kirito says, “The real fight begins here…”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “With Shamrock…”

 

Mamoru asks, curiously, “Why do they feel the need to complete the quest?”

 

Hana asks, curiously, “Why not?”

 

Sam asks Mamoru, “You suspect that there is more to their need to complete the quest than just regular MMO gameplay?”

 

Mamoru says, “I just get that feeling…”

 

Taichi says, “Well, sorry to say, we don’t have time to theorize on that stuff.”

 

Dai says, with a nod, “Yeah, we have a world to conquer…so to speak!”

 

Kirito says, with a smile, “Right! We need to pull ourselves together if we want to beat Shamrock!”

 

Klein asks, “Hey, shouldn’t we have a bit of a celebration of clearing the Light World and moving onto the Dark World to boost our spirits?”

 

Philia says, with a smile, “That sounds like a good idea.”

 

Asuna says, with a nod, “I agree, Philia-chan. Everyone has worked so hard. We need to celebrate!”

 

Strea says, “Agreed! I can’t wait!”

 

Agil says, “We can use my shop. I’ll get it set up.”

 

Dai says, “You are the man, Agil!”

 

Kirito says, with a smile, “All right, let’s head back to town, everyone.”

 

Plenty of the others reply in unison, “Right!” As they head off to prepare to return to Ryne, Rain can’t help to look a bit solemn in which quite a few others notice.

 

September 2025, ALO, Svart Alfheim, Ryne

 

Inside of Agil’s shop in Ryne, there is a magnificent feast out and group is enjoying a party to celebrate the ‘conquest’ of Flosshilde and the opening of the final land of Svart Alfheim: The Dark World.

 

Klein says, with a sly grin, “Presumptuous though it may be, I, Klein, will be taking the lead in this toast! Since coming to Svart Alfheim, we’ve overcome several difficult…!!”

 

Lisbeth says, interrupting, “Alright! Alright! We don’t need to hear the whole story! Say cheers already!”

 

Strea asks, “If you say it soon, the food will get cold. Can we eat yet?”

 

Klein says, annoyed, “Man, tough crowd. Fine, I’ll finish in a second.” Klein says, “Raise your glasses, everyone. To clearing quests and killing bosses! Cheers!”

 

Plenty of the others reply in unison, “Cheers!”

 

Soon enough, the party starts, Leafa asks, amazed, “Wow, there is so much tasty food! What should I start with?”

 

Agil says, “I made plenty, so don’t hold back. I had Asuna’s and Makoto’s help, so, it is guaranteed to be good.”

 

Out in one corner, Rain is standing around and Kirito asks, going over to her, “Rain?”

 

Rain asks, surprised, “Kirito?”

 

Kirito asks, “Why are you all the way down at the end?”

 

Rain responds, “Well, I thought it would be rude to butt in when everyone’s mingling with one another…”

 

Kirito replies, “Nonsense! We were able to defeat the bosses thanks to your help.”

 

Usagi comes over and she says, with a nod, “That’s right. It was a team effort, Rain!”

 

Asuna says, also coming over, “They’re right, Rain. We mean it. You’ve really helped out. Thank you for clearing those quests with us.”

 

Rain says, with a smile, “No, thank you, Asuna.”

 

Kirito thinks in his mind, with a smile, “It looks like Rain has been accepted into the group.” Kirito looks at Usagi and she smiles as well as nod gently in which Kirito thinks in his mind, “I wasn’t sure how it would go at first, but I’m glad she’s able to get along with everyone.”

 

Alicia says, excitedly, “It is a real party in here!”

 

Sakuya says, with a smile, “We can finally take on the Dark World. This is real exciting.” Sakuya asks Leafa, “By the way, Leafa, what do you plan to do after Svart Alfheim is done?”

 

Leafa says, “Well, I was thinking of returning to Swilvane in Sylph territory.”

 

Sakuya says, with a smile, “That’s good. You are one of our famous players of our territory. You are one of the ‘Great Nymphs’ of ALO as well as one of the ‘Five Great Sylphs’. I was wondering, being a free spirit and all, you would become a renegade.”

 

Kirito asks, “Renegade?”

 

Usagi says, “We heard about that term in ALO before.”

 

Leafa says, “That’s right, Usagi. I had mentioned this before. Renegades are players that give up on their homelands either through exile or through choice. In ALO, players are divided into nine fairy races and they usually form parties of the same race in which they play against the other races to clear the game. Renegades form multi-race parties, usually other renegades, to clear ALO.”

 

Akari says, with a smile, “Technically, Dai-kun and I are renegades since our relationship is in-game as well as the real world. We lived in Alne at the edge of the World Tree when that was part of the original main quest before it was cancelled. Hino is also a renegade since she disagreed with the leader of the Salamanders.”

 

Hino says, plainly, “The jerk rubbed me the wrong way.”

 

Dai says, with a grin, “You aren’t the only one. Plenty of the Salamander players feel the same way.”

 

Leafa says, “I used to think that renegades were disloyal jerks, but these days, I think that they could be free spirits that play to their own sensibilities.”

 

Sakuya says, with a nod, “Plenty of them usually do, Leafa.”

 

Alicia says, “And renegades can prove helpful to all races since different fairy races have different skills that can prove useful in all sorts of situations. There are players that who gain power by buying the assistance of other players from other lands.”

 

Usagi asks, “Mercenaries, huh?”

 

Sakuya says, with a nod, “That’s correct, Usagi.”

 

Haruka says, with a nod of understanding, “It makes sense. Undies are among the best healers, Cait Sith are the best tamers and the best eyesight making them touch notch archers as well as scouts too, and Spriggans are top notch treasure hunters which is one of the best way to get top level treasures and items.”

 

Philia says, with a nod, “Yep!”

 

Sakuya says, “Correct, Haruka.” Sakura says, “And now, a proposal…”

 

Kirito asks, curiously, “Huh?” Just then Sakuya and Alicia surround Kirito at either flank causing a lot of the others, especially the girls, to gasp in shock.

 

Usagi thinks in her mind, nervously and solemnly, “Not again.”

 < /p> Leafa thinks in her mind, nervously and solemnly, “Here we go again. Big brother, why do you have to be a girl magnet despite you not trying to be?”

 

Lisbeth yells out, “Hey, Sakuya! Alicia! That’s a little TOO close!”

 

Michiru says, with a smile, “It looks like our ‘Black Swordsman’ is quite popular.”

 

Makoto says, with a grin, “Unfortunately for him.”

 

Sakuya says, alluringly, “Your fighting style, your fighting knowledge, and your courage…is simply really delightful.” Sakuya says, with a seductive smile, “And, for my part, I’d like to hire you as a soldier for the Sylphs once we finished clearing Svart Alfheim.”

 

Kirito asks, nervously, “The Sylph territory, huh?”

 

Alicia says, in her chipper tone, “Become a soldier of the Cait Sith and you get three meals a day, plus snacks-naps included!”

 

Alicia gives her classic giggle and Silica asks, “Ooh, Kirito, you love naps! Isn’t that like everything that you wanted?!”

 

Usagi and Leafa give a sigh and Usagi thinks in her mind, solemnly, “Silica-chan…”  

Sinon says, “Yeah, he is always falling asleep on the job. Anytime. Anywhere. I’d bet he get fired no matter what territory he is guarding.”


Kirito says, nervously, “Hey, give me a break…”

 

Dai says, with a winch, “Ouch! A little harsh, Sinon!”

 

Alicia says, mischievously, “Oh, and more importantly, there are lots of cute girls with cat ears!”

 

Leafa says, with a sigh, “Geez, Alicia…”

 

Minako says, with a giggle, “That’s our Alicia-sama! She really knows how to lay it on thick!”

 

Taichi says, with a nervous smile, “That’s one way of putting it.”

 

Takeru says, with a grin, “Yeah…”

 

Philia says, “But like Leafa said, you don’t have to join up with a particular race either. We, Spriggans, are good treasure hunters. So, we could pair up as treasure hunters.”

 

Usagi thinks in her mind, slapping herself mentally, “Philia…”

&n bsp;

Lisbeth says, with a smile, “Pair up with me and you’ll get all of the weapons that you could ever want or need!”

 

Usagi thinks in her mind, with a solemn tone, “Liz…”

  ;

Rain says, with a grin, “Hey, I could work with you, too! Need a weapon with a particular effect? I’m your girl!”

 

Strea says, “Well, clearing would be WAY more fun with me! I’m cute and strong!”

 

Usagi says, with a groan, “Strea…”

 

Michiru says, with a sly smile, “It looks like our prince is quite the ‘ladies’ man’.” Michiru says, looking at Davis, “It reminds me a certain ninja and other prince.”

 

Dai yells out, annoyed, “Don’t look at me!”

 

Kirito then gets a shiver down his avatar’s spine and he thinks, nervously, “Someone is starring daggers at me…Asuna! Both of my arms are being held down, so, I can’t turn around, but…I can feel her glaring right at my back. Crap! If I can get away from them quickly enough…!” Kirito looks at Usagi and Leafa, but the two of them shrug nervously. Kirito tells Sakuya and Alicia, nervously, “Sakuya…Alicia, I’m sorry, but I’m not going to join up with anyone. I’ve always been a solo player, so, I’m no good at joining groups…”

 

Dai whispers to the others, “Says the guy joining up girls that are super powered magical girls in real life and us as Digidestined…” Akari playfully jabs Dai in the side with those words.

 

Kirito says, nervously while finishing his ‘speech’, “Having a great time clearing with my friends and family suits me!”

 

Sakuya says, with a sigh, “Is that so? That’s too bad.”

 

Alicia says, with a nod, “Yeah, no sense in pressuring him.”

 

They give Kirito a bit of distance and he thinks, with a sigh of relief, “They are releasing me…”

 

Sakuya says, with a smile, “If you change your mind, let me know anytime.”

 

Alicia says, excitedly, “We’ll waiting for you with open arms!”

 

Kirito says, nervously, “Sure.”

 

Klein tells Sakuya and Alicia, as they rejoin the mainstream party for the time being, “I’ll go anywhere! Anywhere I can be of use to your leader!”

 

Lisbeth asks, “Okay, shall we resume the party?”

 

Usagi says, with a hasty nod, “Yes, please!”

 

Klein asks, “Hey, are you guys listening?”

 

Sinon tells him, “Too bad, it doesn’t seem like anyone is listening. Okay, I’m going to eat too.”

 

Klein says, solemnly, “But guys…!!”

 

Agil says, with a smirk, “All’s well that ends well.” Usagi and Leafa look at each other since they have a feeling that this ‘situation’ with Kirito won’t be the last and just then everyone hears the door to the shop open in which Agil says, “Oh, looks like somebody is here. I thought that the restaurant was reversed today…” Everyone then looks to see none other than Seven coming up to them.

 

Seven says, “Privyet, Kirito! And to everyone else too.”

 

Kirito asks, “Seven? What’s up?”

 

Seven replies, “I just wanted to tell you something. Congrats on getting to the Dark World! And you have given Shamrock quite the drubbing, huh?” Seven looks at Rain and she asks, curiously, “Who is that girl?”

 

Kirito responds, “This is Rain. We talked about this previously, didn’t we? She wanted to meet you, so, she worked her way into Shamrock.”

 

Seven asks, with a nod, “Oh, THAT. So, you are one of my fans, huh?”

 

Rain responds, nervously, “Ah, yeah. That’s right.”

 

Usagi thinks in her mind, “Why do I get the feeling that Rain is still hiding stuff?”

 

Seven says, “But you lied to get into Shamrock. That’s not good. And how would it look for all of the other guilds if the same thing happened to them? You weren’t thinking about that, huh? That goes for any guild in the game.”

 

Rain says, “I’m sorry, Seven. I’ll be careful from now on.”

 

Seven asks, “Good as long as you understand. Now, what did you want from me? Want me to sing for you? Or you want me to sign something?”

 

Rain replies, “Ah, no, that’s alright. Just seeing your smiling face is enough. I’m relieved.”

 

Seven tells Rain, “Oh my. It looks like we got someone even more disappointing than Kirito when it comes to idols. That’s okay. How about a handshake at least?”

 

Rain says, with a smile, “Yeah…!!” Soon enough, the group returns to the party while Kirito notices that Sinon left the shop in which he decides to go out and talk with her alone.

 

September 2025, ALO, Svart Alfheim

 

Now, we head into a dark and foreboding land with dark grey ground, ruined buildings, and plain dark skies where we find our group assembled at the teleport gate on a hill overlooking it.

 

Hana says, nervously, “Spooky.”

 

Yamato says, “It is called the ‘Dark World’ for a reason.”

 

Kendo says, “More specifically, it is known as ‘Niebelheim, the Rocky Wasteland’.”

 

Dai says, sarcastically, “That sounds like a fun name. It must be to attract the tourists.”

 

Leafa says, “It has got a totally different feel than the lands that we have cleared already.”

 

Kirito says, “Yeah, it is the last land in Svart Alfheim, so, the levels of the enemies is going to be insane.”

 

Leafa says, “We had better brace ourselves.”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “No kidding.”


Asuna says, “Let’s survey the land first.”

 

Taichi says, with a nod, “Good idea. Let’s get the lay of the land first.” The group moves along until they stop near a tower in which they look up at it.

 

Yuuki says, “That’s one weird tower. It looks like a traffic light.”

 

Philia nods her head and she says, “It is really eerie.”

 

In front of the tower, there is some kind of gate and Strea asks, “It is some kind of teleporter, isn’t it?”

 

Mamoru says, with a nod, “It looks like it, Strea.”

 

Yuuki says, with a smile, “Let’s find out.” The group goes through the gateway and ends up inside of what looks like a dungeon of some kind. Yuuki says, nervously, “That scared the heck out of me. It is a teleporter just like you said, Strea.”

 

Strea points to a ‘glowing door’ and she says, “It looks like we just have to touch this panel to go out.”

 

Agil says, “We’ll go back if things get too heated, but let’s explore the dungeon first.”

 

Izumi says, nodding his head, “Good idea, Agil. We need to get an understanding of the dungeons here first.” The others nod their heads in agreement and venture on in which they fight plenty of flying violet bat-like enemies, ogre-like enemies known as Uruk, and humanoid puppet-like enemies with axes for hands along with others like Gremlins. They beat enemies, gain experience in the form of improving their skills, and opening treasure chests that they find along the way. However, soon enough, they find a dungeon boss room where they are confronted by a group of four Heavy Guardian monsters, which ‘darker’ versions of the Guardian monsters that they fought before.

 

As the group spreads out, Leafa says, “They look like guardian monsters, but they look different.”

 

Kirito says, “Our enemy identification calls them ‘Heavy Guardians’. They might be a stronger version of the monsters that we fought before.”

 

Klein says, with a grin, “Does it really matter? Let’s beat them up!”

 

Haruka says, “Don’t get too cocky Klein.” The group immediately splits up to fight each Heavy Guardian separately and like Kirito said, the Heavy Guardians proved to be stronger and more durable versions of the Guardian monsters that they have fought before, but with teamwork, our group managed to defeat them.

 

Kirito says, excitedly, “Yeah! We beat them!”

 

Just then a gate on the other side of the room opens up and Yuuki says, “The door is open! Let’s go!” The group ventures on until they find themselves in a room with a strange switch.

 

Miyako asks, curiously, “What’s that?”

 

Sam says, “It is a switch of some kind.”

 

Philia asks, “What could it be for?”

 

Asuna asks, “Do we clear the quest if we flip the switch?”

 

Kirito says, “Huh? Now that you mention it, it didn’t mention that the quest was cleared when we defeated the boss of the tower, so, this would be the quest objective.”

 

Asuna asks, “But what kind of objective is that?”

 

Usagi says, “That’s a good question, Asuna.”

 

Kirito says, with a smile, “I don’t know, but it looks like we cleared the quest first.”

 

Asuna says, “So it does. I’m actually a little surprised given that we are competition with Shamrock.”

 

Leafa says, “Yeah, we’re hugely outnumbered despite the size of our group. And it isn’t just Shamrock. It is also the fan club, too.”

 

Dai says, with a nod, “No kidding! They have been a real pain!”

 

Asuna says, “They say that Seven keeps asking for their help in her concerts.”

 

Haruka says, curiously, “That makes me wonder.”

 

Tomoe asks, “Do you think that Seven wants them to act the way that they are acting?”

 

Haruka responds, “I can’t be sure, Firefly. She doesn’t seem the type, but one can’t judge a book by their cover.”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “I know. I’ve learned people that play MMO games can either play a persona or show who they truly are, the side of them that they don’t show in ‘real life’…for good or for ill.”

 

Plenty of the others nod their heads in agreement and Usagi then whips her head causing Minako to ask, “What’s up?”

 

Usagi asks Kirito, “Kirito?”

 

Kirito says, “Yes, I know. I’ve detected them too.”

 

Philia asks, “Them?”

 

Usagi says, “We’ve got company everyone.” Soon enough, everyone hears footsteps and everyone looks to see a large group of other players in front of them.

 

One of them, a male Sylph, asks, “You are that group that’s competing with Shamrock, aren’t you? The one led by the Spriggan, Kirito.”

 

Kirito thinks in his mind, nervously, “Why am I assumed to be the leader of the group?”

 

Dai says, “Kirito is part of our group, but let’s just say that we have more than one leader in a way.” Dai asks, with a serious stare, “So, what do you want?”

 

The male Sylph responds, “Sorry, but we’re going to have to ask you to give up on this quest and give this victory to Seven?”

 

Immediately, Dai, Haruka, Hino, and quite a few of other members of heroes and heroines draw their weapons and/or get into defensive stances in which Makoto yells out, angrily, “What was that?”

 

The new group flinches and Kirito asks, “You are Seven’s fans?”

 

The male Sylph, the leader of the group of players, responds, “Fans? No, we are her devoted disciples! We believe in the theories of Doctor Rainbow and we love her voice as well as the message that she brings as Seven!”

 

Miyako retorts, sarcastically, “So, that means that you are major groupies of Seven, huh?”

 

The group of players glare at Miyako in which she and Sam glare back and Kirito says, “The Seven Fan Club, huh? So, this is another play style. I’m not particular opposed to it.”

 

Makoto yells out, strongly, “Well, I am! Sumeragi had the nerve to say that we weren’t playing fair and now, look at Shamrock’s and Seven’s groupies! We should have a talk with Seven about this!”

 

Kirito asks, “Who’s orders are you following?”


The leader of the group responds, “Nobody’s orders! We follow our hearts!”

 

Dai says, annoyed, “Basically, a group of rogues!” The group of players snarl at Dai, but they flinch from his glare.

 

The leader of the group says, “Come over to our side. We will share the spoils if you help us clear Svart Alfheim in the name of Seven!”

 

Haruka responds, “How about you guys back off since we completed this quest fair and square or you fight all of us, get your butts kicked, and get nothing in the process?”

 

The group of players gasp and one of them yells out, “How dare you?!”

 

Another player says, “Don’t be an idiot! Did you forget who some of these players are? All of the ‘Great Nymphs of ALO’ are here! They are among the best of the best players! Very few can fight them!”

 

A third player yells out, “That may be, but we outnumber them and they don’t have the conviction that we do! They are just doing it for themselves while we are fighting for Seven’s dream and glory!” The others in the group shout in agreement.

 

Takeru says, plainly, “Uh oh.”

 

Yamato says, with a nod, “I know, bro.”

 

Asuna says, “Kirito-kun, they outnumber us. They may not be individually strong compared to us…”

 

Kirito says, “They are a full raid party and they have reinforcement already behind them.”

 

Minako asks, “Huh?”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “Kirito’s right. My Search Skill has detected a lot more of them other than this group. We are GREATLY outnumbered.”

 

Sinon says, “Even if we defeated them here, the rest would come charging in and we wouldn’t have time to regroup.”

 

Kido says, nervously, “Oh, great.”

 

Michiru says, “They must have anticipated our strength and knew that their abilities couldn’t match ours.”

 

Haruka says, “So, they went with quantity over quality. And like it or not, quality doesn’t win over quantity every time.”

 

Izumi says, with a nod, “Like in World War Two. The German’s armies Tiger Tanks were far superior to the American Sherman Tanks, but they only made around two thousand tanks while the Shermans were around fifty thousand.”

 

Kido says, “Basically, we are in a similar situation. Just great.”

 

Kirito says, “Everyone, we’re withdrawing!”

 

Some of the others give looks of shock and Dai yells out, stunned, “What?!”

 

Usagi says, “I don’t like it, too, Dai, but they have sheer weight of numbers on their side. We might beat this group, but there are more of them waiting for us. Even we have our limits.”

 

Akari tells Dai, “Dai-kun, I’ve got to agree. We’ll come up with another plan.”

 

Dai growls in annoyance and Kirito tells the players, “You are quite brave to play with such naked aggression.”

 

The leader of the group responds, “Don’t think too badly on us for this. We have to show that the true conqueror of Svart Alfheim is Seven.”

 

Kirito asks, “So, let me get this straight: Sumeragi isn’t putting you up to this?”

 

The leader replies, “He has got nothing to do with this. We’re doing this on our own answering only to Seven’s desires. Seven is our flower and our love! The graceful ribbon that ties us all together! The Seven Fan Club thinks and acts as one in service to our idol!”

 

Lisbeth asks, annoyed, “Can we go now?”

 

The leader says, “Sorry about this.” The leader commands, “Right! Activate the switch and let’s move onto the next dungeon!” The group stands aside while the group of players activates the switch in which they leave.

 

After they are gone, Asuna says, “Kirito-kun, this really hurts.”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “I know, Asuna.”

 

Kendo says, “However, it is like Kirito said. It is just one style of play and it isn’t like that it is illegal.”

 

Kirito says, nodding his head in agreement, “If I protest, then I’m protesting the freedom of play in virtual reality.”

 

Leafa says, with a sigh, “I agree with you, big brother, but it is a real pain and not very nice at all.”

 

Tomoe asks, “So, those players weren’t under orders from Seven or Sumeragi?”

 

Michiru says, “It seems so, Firefly.”

 

Kirito says, “While the fan club is working on its own accord, it is obvious that Seven wields tremendous influence.”

 

Taichi says, “We should talk with her about that.”

 

Asuna says, “Well, we could see her at any time right? Anyone could go to her concerts.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Yeah, that’s right.”

 

Kendo says, “We can see how she talks to her audience at her shows and get an idea on what’s going on.”

 

Sinon says, nodding her head in agreement, “We have to go to her next concert then.”

 

Kirito says, “Yeah, let’s do that. First, let’s flip that switch and move on.”

 

After pushing down the switch, Yuuki says, “We flipped it, but it doesn’t look like anything happened.”

 

Leafa asks, curiously, “What does it do?”

 

Rain asks, “Did it change anything in the dungeon?”

 

Haruka says, “Let’s find out.” Soon enough, our group heads back out of the dungeon and when they are outside, they look towards the tower that they were looking at earlier and they see a tower light went out.

 

Silica says, “Look! The tower light went out!”

 

Rain says, “So it did. It doesn’t look as foreboding anymore either.”

 

Sinon says, “It looks like it was connected to that switch.”

 

Philia then says, “Hey, everyone! It looks like Seven’s next concert is about to start soon!”

 

Klein says, “Whoa! That was fast! She’ll start without us if we don’t hurry up!”

 

Kirito says, “Let’s head back to town for now.”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “Good idea, Kirito.”

 

Late September 2025, ALO, Svart Alfheim, Ryne

 

Back in the main city of Svart Alfheim, Ryne, we are inside of Agil’s shop/café where we find Rain standing around as Kirito and Agil come over to her.

 

Kirito says, “There you are Rain.”

 

Rain says, looking solemn, “Hello, Kirito.”

 

Kirito asks Rain, “What’s wrong, Rain?”

 

Rain responds, “Kirito, do you or Agil see Seven come to the shop after the concert?”

 

Kirito replies, “Huh? I haven’t seen her.” Kirito asks Agil, “Has she been by Agil?”

 

Agil responds, plainly, “Nope.”

 

Rain says, a bit nervously, “I see…”

 

Kirito says, kindly, “She’ll come by again, I’m sure.”

 

Agil says, “But she has been so busy with television shows and ALO, I don’t think that she will come here.”

 

Kirito asks Rain, “Didn’t you get to talk to her enough last time?”

 

Rain says, nervously, “Well, that too…I’m wondering if I’m the reason that she stopped coming. I’m worried…”

 

Kirito asks, curiously, “What makes you so that?”

 

Rain responds, “Well, she did stop coming after she met me, right?”

 

Kirito says, “That’s not the case at all. It’s not like she came here every day before she met you either.”

 

Agil says, with a nod, “Yeah, you’re right.”

 

Kirito says, “I wouldn’t worry about it.”

 

Rain says, “But I’m a pariah.”

 

Kirito asks, curiously, “What? A pariah? Just because you were called a liar?”

 

Rain says, nervously, “No, it’s not that. Even in the real world, it is the same story. My mom is a single mother and she doesn’t work that hard. Since we’re poor, I work at a part-time job and don’t have time to hang out with friends…so people hate me.”

 

Kirito says, “If that’s the case, you’re probably worrying too much and THINK people hate…”

 

Rain says, interrupting, “Yeah, right. The fact is, people hate me. Maybe my job is the reason why.”

 

Kirito asks, curiously, “What do you do?”

 

Rain replies, nervously, “That’s a secret…”

 

Kirito says, “I see. Well, you don’t have to tell us if you don’t want to, but you shouldn’t be so pessimistic. At the very least, I don’t think that Seven hates you.”

 

Rain says, with a smile, “Thank you, Kirito.”

 

As Rain walks off, Kirito thinks in his mind, “Rain, what is your story? I should really talk with Usagi and the others to figure her out. I think that there is more of a connection between Seven and Rain that she wants us to believe. And I think I know why…”

 

September 2025, ALO, Svart Alfheim, Niebelheim

 

Returning to the ‘Dark World’ of Svart Alfheim, Niebelheim, our group of heroes and heroines prepares to head for the central tower in Niebelheim. From a few players, they heard that taking out the lights of the towers weakens the boss that guards the entrance into the central tower and the group decides to take the ‘safe route’ in which they turn off the lights in the other towers. When they arrive in front of the central tower, they are confronted by a massive dark violet and red bat-like monster.

 

Sinon asks, “That boss is in front of the tower. Is he the last boss of the field?”

 

Asuna says, with a nod, “No doubt about it.”

 

Sinon says, “All the lights in the main tower are out. They indicate how much energy the boss has, huh? Just like that player that we met earlier said.”

 

Asuna says, “It looks pretty weak! Now, is the time to strike!”

 

Haruka says, “Agreed, Asuna.”

 

Kendo says, “However, we need to be careful. The boss might be at its weakest, but it doesn’t mean that it won’t be difficult.”

 

Kirito says, “Good point.” Kirito asks everyone, “Ready, everyone?”

 

Dai asks, with a grin, “Do you have to ask?”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Then let’s take that boss down!”

 

Asuna says, with a nod, “Okay, Kirito-kun!”

 

Makoto says, with a grin, “Let’s rock and roll!” Everyone immediately takes to the skies and spreads out in which the boss, known as Hraesvelgr, starts off quickly with multiple dark energy spheres that our group barely manages to avoid.

 

Miyako says, shocked, “Whoa! That was close!” Hraesvelgr flies around and Sinon takes time to aim from long distance while the others attack from mid-ranges with magic and close range with weapons and Sword Skills, but they are blindside as Hraesvelgr uses its wing to defend as well as swipe at the members of their group that get in close.

 

Asuna helps out with the healing and Kido says, “This guy is still quite tough.”

 

Hino says, “Well, we were warned.”

 

Usagi says, “Look out, everyone! It is going to do something!” Everyone starts to back off when Hraesvelgr came in with a charge attack that knocked a few of their members to the ground.

 

One of those members, Klein, asks, “Did anyone get the number of that bus?” Hraesvelgr then continues its powerful assault with diving attacks and lashing out with its clawed feet.

 

After rolling away from one claw attack, Miyako shouts out, “Watch it!” The group continue the fight with Hraesvelgr and his constant attacks which also inflict de-buff after de-buff on them which they had to get healed or take various potions for. Finally, Kirito and Usagi tag-team with twin Starburst Streams and Leafa using her kendo style Duel Wielding OSS Skill, Starlight Edge, for the final blow in which Hraesvelgr shatters into hundreds of data pixels.

 

Dai says, with a sigh, “Finally!”

 

Asuna says, excitedly, “We did it! We beat the boss of the Dark World!”

 

Kirito says, “And it was tough as expected.”

 

Taichi says, with a nod, “No kidding.”

 

Dai says, with a grin, “However, we kicked butt!”

 

Lisbeth says, “You said it, buster!”

 

Yui says, “Everyone, I have bad news. You seem to be the second to defeat this boss.”

 

Everyone gasps in shock and Miyako yells out, annoyed, “You have got to be kidding!”

 

Yui shakes her head and Sinon says, “That means that Shamrock got here first.”

 

Philia says, “The further that you progress, the harder that it gets. We can still catch up to them.”

 

Just then a portal appears in front of the main tower and Sinon asks, “What the? The tower?”

 

Takeru says, with a smile, “Look what we have here.”

 

Hana asks, curiously, “Another portal?”

 

Akari says, “It seems so. It looks like we’re not done yet.”

 

Kendo says, “The tower must be the final dungeon.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Most likely.”

 

Yuuki says, “We’re heading into the depths of the Dark World.”

 

Yui says, “It is known as Dark Yggdrasil.”

 

Leafa says, “Interestingly ironic.”

 

Izumi says, with a nod, “Indeed.”

 

Kendo says, “That means that the monsters in there will be the toughest yet.”

 

Haruka says, “No kidding. If we go in there, then we have to be sure that we are prepared for anything.”

 

Dai says, with a grin, “We’ve already beaten all that we had sent against us. We can beat this.”

 

Akari says, with a nod and warm smile, “I agree.”

 

Strea says, “Okay, let’s get going.”

 

Kirito says, excitedly, “Right, Strea! Ready, everyone! Here we go!”

 

Many of the others reply in unison, “Right!” Soon enough, our group goes through the portal and they find themselves within a dark and foreboding dungeon.

 

Makoto asks, “So, this is it, huh?”

 

Asuna says, with a nod, “Yes, this is the end of the line.”

 

Hino says, “We should be careful, but we don’t have that luxury.”

 

Sinon says, with a nod, “With Shamrock ahead of us.”

 

Dai says, “Let’s go, everyone.”

 

Akari says, with a nod, “Right.” Soon enough, our group heads forth, but they are stopped by the door in front of them.

 

Yui says, “The door is locked by some kind of mechanism.”

 

Kirito says, “Mechanism, huh? Then we’ll have to search around.” The group explores around and fights some bat-like, Heavy Guardian, and golem enemies in which they prove to be tougher than other mobs that they fought in the other areas of Svart Alfheim.

 

As they continue along, Asuna says, “The enemies are getting tougher and tougher.”

 

Taichi says, “Not surprising, Asuna.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “As expected from the final area.”

 

Akari asks, “Is everyone okay?”

 

Sam says, with a smile, “I think that we are fine so far.” Plenty of the others nod their heads in agreement and they venture on until they find a door.

 

Takeru says, “Well, this door looks suspicious.”

 

Agil asks, “It looks like a boss room. What’s our call?”

 

Dai says, “I say let’s go.”

 

Miyako says, “Not surprising.”

 

Makoto says, “I feel the same way as Dai.”

 

Minako says, with a grin, “You know it, Mako-chan!”

 

Haruka says, with a smirk, “For once, we agree on something.”

 

Plenty of the others nod their heads in agreement and Kirito says, “Okay, let’s go.” Our group enters the room where they gasp to see dozens upon dozens of Remain Lights all over the room along with the fallen forms of players.

 

Leafa asks, shocked, “W-What is this?”

 

Kirito says, horrified, “This is terrible…”

 

Leafa says, “All the people that have fallen here…and those who have turned into remains lights are…”

 

Kirito says, “They are from the Seven Fan Club. Some have a sliver of HP left, but it is a matter of time before they run out.” Rain gives a solemn sigh while one of the group, a male Sylph player, gets back to his feet.

 

Asuna yells out, “Are you okay? Hold on! I’ll use some healing magic…”

 

Rain says, solemnly, “Asuna…I think that it is too late for them…”

 

The male Sylph player grunts out, “We’re going to…help Seven…Clear the last dungeon…for Seven…”

 

Rain gives a look of shock and Kirito asks, “You love Seven that much?”

 

The male Sylph player responds, “Absolutely…she’s…our goddess…we would…do anything…” He then grunts as he turns into a Remain Light as he loses the last of his HP.

 

Tomoe says, shocked, “It is like they are under a spell.”

 

Michiru says, “In a way, he is, Firefly.”

 

Miyako says, “The spell of obsession.”

 

Takeru says, with a nod, “Yep.”

 

Leafa asks, “There are a lot more players turning into Remain Lights. What kind of enemy could even cause this level of destruction?”

 

Kido says, nervously, “I rather not know.”

 

Rain says, “They weren’t fighting a single enemy if they ended up like this. It must have been several enemies.”

 

Kirito says, nodding his head, “Yeah. Between the fan club and Shamrock itself, they would have had a sizeable force. Meaning nothing less than an army could have caused such utter devastation.”

 

Asuna asks, “But wouldn’t that break the balance of the game?”

 

Leafa asks, “What shall we do? Should we go back?”

 

Rain says, “Let’s keep going, Kirito. Shamrock’s top ranked players must be ahead…”

 

Usagi thinks in her mind, curiously, “Rain?” The group moves on until they hit a set of bars where they see a large dragon monster in another chamber.

 

Leafa asks, “It’s the boss! Could that be the one that got Shamrock?”

 

Sinon asks, nervously, “Do we stand a chance?”

 

Kirito says, “I don’t know if it is the one that got Shamrock, but we can’t advance if we don’t beat it!”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “I agree, Kirito.”

 

Dai says, seriously, “Let’s do this!” Soon after, the bars open as the group enters the chamber where they are facing the dragon boss monster with a group of violet bat-like monsters.

 

Mizuno says, “This boss has mobs to aid it.”

 

Usagi says, “We’re going to need to divide the group.”

 

Asuna shouts out, “Split up, everyone! Half of us distract the boss while the other half take care of the mobs!”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Got it, Asuna!” Immediately, our group split into two teams with one group attacking the mobs while the other group holds off the boss until team taking out the mobs are finished. Kirito, Leafa, and Usagi are part of the mob clearing group while Asuna takes the lead with the other group.

 

Leafa says, “Let’s hurry, everyone!”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “Right, Leafa!” The mob clearing group work hard to defeat the bat-like mobs while Asuna and her team fight hard against the boss which is a stronger version of Lindwurm that they have fought back with more powerful versions of the stomp and flame attacks that they have experienced.

 

Klein yells out, “That’s hot!”

 

Lisbeth says, “And things are going to get hotter if you don’t focus, Klein!” The team holding back Lindwurm unleashes a series of body slam attacks in which the team barely manages to survive with Lindwurm unleashing a random series of stomps, body slams, and flame attacks against the team while team with Kirito, Leafa, and Usagi finally take down the assisting mob monsters.

 

Usagi says, with a smile, “We did it!”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “Yeah, but we don’t have time to celebrate. The others need our help!”

 

Kirito says, nodding his head, “Let’s go, everyone!” Immediately, the mob clearing team rejoins the other team in which they divert the attention of Lindwurm as it was about to attack with a flame attack causing it to focus its attention them causing Kirito to yell out, “Scatter!” The group spreads out as Lindwurm uses its flame attack on them and immediately, the two teams rejoin into one team.

 

Usagi says, “That Lindwurm is tougher than the last one that we fought!”

 

Hino says, “No kidding, Meatball Head!” Our united group continue to fight Lindwurm and it proves tough as it seems to have a random attack pattern that’s hard to figure out in which its stomp attacks, body slams, and flame assaults come in different intervals, but our group manages to hold on in which Sinon and a few others use invisibility magic that manage to let them get close and/or hit Lindwurm with strong attacks. Our group quickly uses a combo with the invisible members able to launch attacks while the others keep up forcing Lindwurm to focus on them. The battle was pretty long and hard, but in the end, our group wins in which Lindwurm shatters into hundreds of data pixels.

 

With the fight over, Dai says, “Whew! What a fight!” Just then everyone hears the sound of someone clapping and everyone turns to see Seven and Sumeragi.

 

Kirito asks, “Seven?”

 

Seven says, “You made it, Kirito! Along with Usagi, Leafa, Asuna, and Rain too! It is very impressive! You are quite strong group of people, but that isn’t surprising since you have some of the best players in ALO with you including the Great Nymphs of ALO!”

 

Makoto sarcastically retorts, “Thanks!”

 

Sumeragi says, “You kept me waiting, Kirito.”

 

Kirito asks, “Waiting? What are you talking about? And why is Seven here?”

 

Usagi says, “Seven isn’t a player made for battles, Sumeragi.”

 

Sumeragi replies, “Seven had to come along on this quest. That’s all there is to it.”

 

Mamoru asks, “What do you mean?”

 

Seven says, “It was really scary too! But the experiment that I wanted to run in ALO is in final stages, so I had to come.”

 

Plenty of the others gain curious looks and Asuna asks, confused, “Experiment? Final stages?”

 

Leafa thinks in her mind, seriously, “I don’t like the sound of that.”

 

Seven says, “We’re going to make the Cloud Brain a reality right here.”

 

Leafa asks, “Cloud Brain?”

 

Minako asks, confused, “Say what?”

 

Takeru says, “That’s a good question, Mina-chan.”

 

Sumeragi says, “Seven waited here for you to tell you. It is the least that she could do to atone.”

 

Kirito asks, “Atone?”

 

Usagi asks, “You mean her fan club?”

 

Sumeragi says, “Correct. That style of play is no way endorsed by Shamrock. Consider this our apology.”

 

Haruka says, “Normally, I would say ‘some apology’, but what you just said got our interest.”

 

Kirito asks, “You are just trying to protect your dignity as a player, aren’t you?”

 

Asuna asks, “So, what can we expect to hear from you in this atonement?”

 

Seven says, “Well, we weren’t particularly hiding it nor do we plan on doing something wrong.”

 

Leafa thinks in her mind, gaining an intense glare, “That second part has been left to be seen. It may not be illegal or against the law, but it doesn’t mean that it won’t be wrong.” Usagi is in a similar mind-set and her glare becomes more intense.

 

Seven says, “To tell the truth, all of you are going to help a little. Since it is the best to have a lot of helpers.”

 

Kirito asks, “Can you say that in the middle of a battlefield?”

 

Seven asks, “Ah, you’re right. Well, this zone has been cleared. Can we restart from here next time?”

 

Sumeragi says, “We can restart at this point, but so can the other players.”

 

Seven says, “Oh, that’s just fine. It isn’t like that there are any other players that can walk right through here. Aside from Shamrock and Kirito’s party.”

 

Sumeragi says, “Of course.”

 

Seven says, “So, let’s go back to Agil’s shop and I’ll tell you all about it.”

 

Miyako was about to protest, but Sam says, “Let’s do it. We could figure out what’s going on here.” Miyako nods her head in understand at what her boyfriend is saying and implying.

 

Kirito says, “Understood. We’ll head back too.” Seven and Sumeragi then nod and take off to return back to Ryne as well as head for Agil’s shop.

 

Yamato asks, “Do you think that they can be trusted?”

 

Haruka says, “They really seem intent on telling us what’s going on.”

 

Taichi says, “Plus, Sumeragi doesn’t seem like a person that uses low-down tricks.”

 

Usagi says, “I think that all of us should go hear what they want to say.” Plenty of the others nod their heads in agreement and they start to head back to Ryne and Agil’s shop/café in which Rain has a solemn look on her expression.

 

September 2025, ALO, Svart Alfheim, Ryne

 

Back in Agil’s shop/café in Ryne, the main city of Svart Alfheim, our group is assembled with Seven and Sumeragi where Seven is drinking a cup of milk tea.

 

Seven asks, “The milk tea is really good, isn’t it?”

 

Agil says, “Oh, yeah? Thanks.”

 

Seven says, “First off, I just want to say that I’m deeply sorry for causing so much trouble before. That wasn’t my intention. However, I am not planning to do anything wrong and I want to get along with everyone. That hasn’t changed. I can say with confidence that what Professor Akihiko Kayaba did was wrong.”

 

Dai asks, with a glare, “Oh, why mention HIM?”

 

Sumeragi says, “Seven isn’t perpetrating any crimes nor is she deceiving anyone. Some of our followers simply took things too far. We take responsibility for that and offer our apologies.”

 

Leafa thinks in her mind, seriously, “Just because what you are doing isn’t a crime and isn’t going to hurt anyone physically doesn’t mean that you aren’t doing anything wrong, pal.”

 

Kirito asks, “Sumeragi, are you and Doctor Rainbow acquainted in the real world as well?”

 

Seven replies, “Yes, he is my research partner. He’s come from his home in Japan to join me here in America. Let’s just say he is my assistant. Kirito, can you and your friends bear with me a little longer? I’d like for you to help me with what I’m about to do next, if possible.”

 

Kirito asks, “With the Cloud Brain no doubt. What is that anyway?”

 

Seven replies, “As it stands, I’ve reached out to players and created communities like Shamrock and fan club. There is an incredible noble human desire to work together a common goal at work there. It’s the connection between the heart and soul. With that sociality, a new dimension of human determination will be born…”

 

Izumi asks, “A new dimension of human determination?”

 

Seven says, with a nod, “Yes. We can create a new kind of strength with a network. And that network is…the Cloud Brain.” Seven then goes on to explain that she and Sumeragi have collected the mathematical throughput of minds that are playing ALO and joining them in the cloud in which she plans to build a system that has more processing power than any computer CPU. Basically, an ‘organic system’ that can process even human emotions.

 

Kirito asks, “And you are planning to run this experiment while ALO’s Svart Alfheim is being cleared?”

 

Seven asks, “Yep. You, all, saw it too? When everyone’s hearts and minds are joined together at my concert?” Seven says, “That wasn’t just a bunch of data. My fan club become one and from that a beautiful stem which a single, giant flower will bloom. You will see that flower bloom right before your eyes.”

 

Yui asks, “What do you plan to do exactly?” Yui says, “Normally, I would presume that it would be impossible from a security standpoint.”

 

Usagi thinks in her mind, “Don’t be so sure, Yui. I dare say that she matches THEM in intelligence and ability.”

 

Seven giggles and she says, “It is of course a bit difficult to achieve at this point in time. As for Seven the idol, I plan to join several players’ minds as one, bonding them together spiritually, with the common goal being clearing each and every challenging quest I suppose. It is just data analysis. The big difference between network games to date and VRMMOs is the instant expression of emotion. In other worlds, the fact that the NervGear and Amusphere contain superior emotion-mapping systems that can react instantly. People’s emotions are then arranged into several graphs. Complex and mysterious, they are simply beautiful pieces of geometric art to the untrained eye. We then analyze those statistics. How deeply are human minds connected and to what extent do they all take the same form? Mind you, we can’t share the inner workings of people’s brains or totally control their minds or do anything out of science fiction just yet.”

 

Miyako asks, with a glare, “Yet, huh?”

 

Seven says, “This is nothing of the sort. The Cloud Brain is a gigantic hive mind if you will.”

 

Minako asks, a bit nervously and curiously, “Hive mind?”

 

Seven says, with a nod, “Yes. If this experiment succeeds, we will be able to make decisions as a collective with one emotional center…”

 

Hana says, a bit nervously, “That’s a bit creepy if you ask me…”

 

Kirito says, “So that’s the experiment.”

 

Sumeragi says, “The data mining phase is complete. All that remains is gathering Shamrock and the fan club together for the final battle. Despite her weakness, Seven will continue to be flag under which they rally, with the defeat the final boss, will create a higher dimension of spiritual connectivity. She will make it a reality.”

 

Usagi asks, “Who knows about this?”

 

Seven says, “Out of the players logged into ALO, only Sumeragi and myself.” Kirito gives an intense stare and Seven asks, “What do you say Kirito? Will you help me out? Even with such a small group, you’re powerful enough to fight on equal footing with us. Will you lend us a hand in exploring the possibilities of this network?”

 

Kirito looks on intensely and Asuna says, “Kirito-kun…” However, Kirito isn’t the only one with an ‘intense look’ as both Usagi and Leafa have a similar look on their faces.

 

The three of them then glance at each other and Kirito says, “The answer is no.”

 

Seven responds, surprised, “What? Why? It’s not like we’re doing anything bad!”

 

Usagi retorts, “No, you just aren’t doing anything criminal, that’s it.”

 

Seven asks, surprised, “Huh?”

 

Kirito says, “For me, there are three reasons. The first of which is because I’m a player. That you’re driven by a pure inquisitive mind about the network is something honestly I can understand. Even the Cloud Brain, the future of research, is something that interests me, but in the end, I can’t help you.”

 

Seven says, “If you work with Shamrock and my fan club, this quest would be no match for us! It would be done in no time!”

 

Kirito says, “But it isn’t just about clearing the quest. The real thrill of VRMMO is cooperating with friends you would trust with your life to clear that final dungeon. Until recently, plenty of us haven’t been able to enjoy such things with every fiber of our being. And that’s why we want to play ALO unfettered.” Seven gives a disappointed look and Kirito says, “If we join Shamrock and beat the game, that would be enjoyable in its own way.”

 

Haruka says, plainly, “Normally.”

 

Kirito says, “However, that’s not the kind of enjoyment that I’m looking for. I want to get better and better making it out by the skin of my teeth every time! And I want to feel the sense of achievement that comes from getting there on my own!”

 

Leafa, Asuna, and Usagi can’t help to giggle at this in which Asuna thinks in her mind, “Oh, Kirito-kun…”

 

Usagi thinks in her mind, with a smile, “Same old Kirito.”

 

Seven says, surprised, “Kirito…”

 

Kirito says, “That’s why I can’t join your guild. In the end, I want to clear quests with my friends using only the skills that we have. Isn’t that all gamers want? We’re going to clear the quests ourselves. Even if that means putting a stop to your experiment.”

 

Seven asks, “Okay, reason number two is?”

 

Kirito responds, “Seven, you are an insanely popular idol in ALO. I actually listened to your songs and I think they’re great. But they were all written to create the Cloud Brain, weren’t they?”

 

Seven replies, “Yeah, that’s right. So, what if they were?”

 

Kirito says, “While Asuna and I were walking in Akihabara, we saw an aspiring idol singing on the street. She had talent and she was pouring her heart and soul into it, but not a single person was listening to her.” Rain gives a look of shock and Kirito says, “The speakers were no good and her songcraft needed work. It was done on the cheap and couldn’t hold an enormous concert. But she was really going for it. She truly loved singing and I could tell she was sincerely aiming to be a singer. I can only speak for myself, but I would rather cheer for her than you.”

 

Minako says, “You aren’t the only one, Kirito. I would cheer for a fellow idol myself.” When the others look at Minako, she says, “I want to be an idol myself. A true idol does things true to heart and does it because she enjoys spreading joy to other people through their actions and singing. You are using your singing to influence people to do what you want for your precious experiment. In my book, you are not a true idol! You are a sham!” Seven glares at Minako, angrily, and Minako gives a powerful glare that causes Seven to flinch back in shock in which Minako says, “You make a mockery of what it means to be an idol and shame us, true inspiring idols, like that one that Asuna and Kirito met and I! We give joy to people not to influence them to get what we want!”

 

Tomoe says, amazed, “Wow…”

 

Haruka says, with a smile, “Not surprising.”

 

Michiru says, with a smile, “When it comes to idols, our Mina-chan is one of the biggest inspiring ones.”

 

Seven says, with a sigh, “Well, I’m sorry to that I’m going to have to withdraw my offer since you and your friends are obviously not going to take it since we disagree with each other among many things.”

 

Miyako says, with a nod, “No kidding.”

 

Seven tells Kirito and the others, “You know that you have declared war? On my fan club? And Shamrock?”

 

Leafa tells Seven, strongly, “Bring it on.” Everyone else, minus Usagi, looks at Leafa and Usagi in which everyone else is surprised at the powerful looks that they are sporting in their eyes.

 

Kirito thinks in his mind, “Sugu? Serena?”

 

Mamoru thinks in his mind, “Serena…”

 

Leafa says, “The reason that I started playing ALO in the first place wasn’t the quests, the treasure, or anything else. It was the ability to fly. I dreamed of flying on my own wings and flying higher than anyone…beyond where anyone else has gone before. I had the dream of seeing ‘beyond the horizon’ that we know so far and that’s what ALO…What Full-Dive VR worlds can give. Let’s just say that you are using this fun game where people can experience their dreams in another form of reality, let’s just say that it doesn’t make me happy. When we meet again, don’t come crying when you are at the wrong end of our blades and your experiment has dropped a big damn goose egg.”

 

Seven says, with a shrug, “My, you seemed fired up. Oh, well. I’m disappointed that we couldn’t reach an agreement, but I’m glad that we could talk. Dosvedanya. Let’s go, Sumeragi.”

 

Sumeragi says, “We’ll settle this next time that we meet, Kirito. The door to the next floor of the dungeon is open for you. Come whenever you like.”

 

After Sumeragi and Seven leave, Klein says, “Whoa! I was sweating there! It was so tense that I thought that a duel was going to start here in the shop.”

 

Takeru tells Klein, “Don’t blame you for feeling that way, Klein.”

 

Mamoru asks Usagi, “Are you okay?”

 

Usagi responds, “While Seven’s plan isn’t going to really hurt anyone physically, it doesn’t mean that it is right.”

 

Minako says, with an annoyed tone, “No joke, girlfriend! Us, idols, are supposed to inspire people and make them feel happy with our songs and actions! To me, she is a big fat fake!”

 

Takeru and Makoto gently pat Minako in the back and Takeru says, with a smile, “Easy, sweetie.”

 

Makoto says, with a nod, “We know, Mina-chan.”

 

Kirito asks Yui, “Yui, what Seven is doing isn’t truly dangerous correct?”

 

Yui replies, “Yes, Daddy. As long as it is analysis and not an intervention, it is not a violation. Just to be safe, I’ve performed a check to ensure that no one is hacking or otherwise altering system data, but I think that their activities are within reason.”

 

Dai says, annoyed, “Within reason doesn’t mean right!”

 

Taichi says, with a smile, “I think that we should get ready for the final push.”

 

Yamato says, with a nod, “Good idea.”

 

Akari says, nodding her head in agreement, “Right.”

 

Kirito says, “I’ll be right back everyone. I’m going to log out for a moment.”

 

Philia asks, “Is something wrong?”

 

Kirito says, with a smile, “I’m just going to check up on something.”

 

Asuna asks Kirito, “What, Kirito-kun?”

 

Kirito replies, with a smile, “It may not be anything, Asuna. I’ll be right back.”

 

Asuna says, with a nod, “Okay.” Kirito then logs out of ALO, but quite a few of the others, especially Asuna, Leafa, and Usagi, have a feeling that what Kirito is going to ‘check out’ isn’t ‘nothing’.

 

September 2025, ALO, Svart Alfheim, Niebelheim

 

Returning to Niebelheim, our group is in Dark Yggdrasil and they are looking at the door that they were stopped at before to find it completely open.”

 

Kirito says, “It is open just like Sumeragi said he would have it.”

 

Dai says, with a smirk, “Guess we got our invite, huh? I say that we don’t disappoint.”

 

Takeru says, with a smile, “I agree.” Our group then ventures on through Dark Yggdrasil in which they fought one strong monster after another in which makes them have to heal up as well as various potions.

 

At one point, the group stops and Kirito asks, “Shall we rest?”

 

Miyako says, “Good idea.”

 

Asuna says, “The tough enemies are coming out in droves.”

 

Lisbeth says, with a groan, “We expected tough enemies, but this is a real pain in the neck!”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “No kidding, Liz. The usual strategies fall away once you get this far.”

 

Taichi says, “And we haven’t the met the type of enemies that demolished Seven’s fan club.”

 

Miyako says, annoyed, “Don’t remind us.”

 

Kirito tells Rain, “By the way, Rain, I think that it is time that you told us your story. Can you tell us your real name, Ra-No, not Rain. You are actually Doctor Rainbow’s sister.”

 

There are gasps of shock, especially from Rain, and Asuna asks, shocked, “Kirito-kun, what are you saying? Rain is Seven’s sister?”

 

Rain says, nervously, “Kirito, w-what a bad joke. How could this be possible? Seven and I are sisters? But we are totally different.”

 

Haruka says, “Your tone says differently.”

 

Rain says, “Seven is extremely established, beautiful girl, and I’m just…”

 

Hana says, interrupting, “Seven is a cute girl, but you are far from plain, Rain.”

 

Kirito says, “I know that talking about real world things in the game is prohibited, but I looked into it. Even though it isn’t my place to contact the game administrators directly, I thought that I should consult with Kiku-Chrysheight about Seven’s plans. Then, just to be safe, I asked about you. I have been wondering a long time. He told me: ‘I can’t give you details, but I can tell you that my agency is sending her special information regarding Doctor Rainbow.’ When I asked why, he told me that you were Seven’s estranged older sister. But that’s it. He didn’t tell me your name.” Kirito asks Rain, “So under the condition that you’re actually sisters, you’re receiving personal data from his agency, right? That’s how you knew where Shamrock was heading, right?”

 

Asuna asks, “But Rain, there is so much that we don’t know about you. How do you know about our backgrounds?”

 

Usagi then says, “That’s really simple. She is an SAO survivor like a lot of us.”

 

Plenty of the others look at Usagi in surprise and say in unison, shocked, “What?!”

 

Hino asks, “How can you know this Meatball Head?”

 

Usagi says, with a shrug, “That’s pretty easy. Kirito, Asuna, and I were quite famous through much of SAO. When you came, you heard about us: The ‘Black Swordsman’, the ‘Flash’, and the ‘White Valkyrie’.”

 

Miyako says, looking at Rain, “That’s right! If you were trapped in SAO, you would be crazy to not know about Kirito, Asuna, and Usagi, their nicknames, and reputations!”

 

Taichi says, also looking at Rain, “And she knew those quite well.”

 

Usagi says, a bit nervously, “I also talked to Chrysheight as well.” Even Kirito gives a look of surprise and Usagi says, with a sigh, “I took a look at the names of survivors. They didn’t have real names, but avatar names and Rain’s name was among them. It is pretty easy to see that her high-level equips are because she transferred her SAO data into ALO.”

 

Kirito asks Rain, “You tried to get into Shamrock to try and get closer to Sev-I mean, your younger sister, didn’t you?” Rain sighs and Kirito asks, “And what did you plan to do once you got close to her?”

 

Rain says, with a sigh, “So, you figured it out…” Rain starts to giggle, nervously, and Rain states, “Well, you’ve dub this deep. There’s really no point in playing dumb now, is there?”

 

Kirito says, “I can’t say that he told us everything. However, I want you to at least explain yourself to us: Your friends.”

 

Rain replies, nervously, “Yeah, okay. Now is the time, huh?” Rain says, “I…My real name is Nijika Karatachi. I’m a high school student in the city, but as Kirito said, I’m Doctor Rainbow’s sister. But she doesn’t know that yet. She doesn’t even know that she has a sister. When I was younger and Rainbow was only a few years old, our parents divorced and we were separated. I haven’t even seen her face since then. In the real world, I mean. Of course, I met her earlier in ALO, but…”

 

Asuna says, “I heard that Seven lives in America…”

 

Rain says, “Yes, but we lived in Russia before. Our father is Russian. My mother won custody of me and took me back to Japan, her homeland. I was the returnee in other words. I started working part-time while going to school. I say working, but it has been a hobby for some time. I become a maid in Akihabara, serving customers, and singing songs…”

 

She then starts singing a few lyrics and Asuna says, shocked, “What? Kirito-kun, we heard this in Akihabara.”

 

Kirito nods his head and he says, “Ah, we did. So, it was Rain that was singing songs in the streets.”

 

Rain says, “You, two saw my show, didn’t you? I felt the same kind of warmth from you as I did in-game, so, I knew that it was you, two, immediately.”

 

Kirito says, with a smile, “Well, we didn’t know that it was you at all…”

 

Leafa says, “So, why did you hide all of that to get close to Seven? That’s what I want to know.”

 

Rain tells Leafa, with a smile, “Well, that’s surprising coming from you…Sailor Celestial.”

 

There are multiple gasps of shock and Leafa says, nervously, “What are you talking about? I’m…”

 

Rain says, with a giggle, “I was there with a lot of other ALO players when you, Usagi-chan as Sailor Moon, and Kirito-kun finally defeated Kayaba once and for all.”

 

There are looks of shock and surprise and Haruka says, “That’s why I keep saying that too many people are learning about this too easily.”

 

Rain says, with a smile, “Whatever you do to make people unable to recognize you, it really works, but I recognize your voices and I also recognized Usagi-chan’s and Leafa-chan’s fighting styles in Sailor Moon and Sailor Celestial. Sailor Moon used two swords in a style like Kirito-kun and only Usagi-chan does that in ALO and Leafa and Sailor Celestial used kendo style attacks in which even when Sailor Celestial used two blades, I saw kendo style moves.”

 

Minako asks, “You recognize them from their sword styles?”

 

Kirito says, with a sigh and smile, “It shows that she is an SAO survivor.”

 

Mamoru asks Rain, “You know about who we are, but you still haven’t answer our question. Why did you wish to get close to Seven?”

 

Rain says, with a sigh and nervous smile, “I’m not really sure. Jealously, I guess. Yeah, definitely that…”

 

Miyako asks, “Jealously?”

 

Rain says, “I like games, cosplay, and idols. All those kinds of subcultures. I truly love them, but what I wanted most, though, was to sing songs. I wanted my songs to become big hits so I could make my mother’s life easier. At least, that was my thinking.”

 

Takeru says, “It must be tough being a single mom.”

 

Rain nods her head and she says, “We share the same blood, but SHE succeeded at singing. And she is a doctor for crying out loud. She succeeded at two fields at once. So, at first, I wanted to see what she looked like as an idol. Then I thought if I could dig up her mistakes and failings, I’d create some kind of scandal of some sort.”

 

Dai says, “Ouch! That’s a low blow, girl!”

 

Rain says, “I mean, her genius is the reason that our parents got divorced.”

 

Izumi asks, “Her genius?”

 

Rain says, “Yeah, she has been a genius as long as I can remember. My father, who knew that she had the IQ for it, began looking at colleges in order to further her abilities. My mother, however, wanted to treat Rainbow like a normal child and let her live a child’s life. That’s how the fights began and then they got divorced. In the end, my father used his authority to take custody of Rainbow and my mom was stuck with me. So, we went back to Japan.”

 

Asuna asks, confused, “Stuck with…?”

 

Rain says, “A lot happened after that. Long story short, I was drawn back to the world of VRMMOs. Then I had to join Shamrock in order to get close to her, right? And the rest is history. I tried to force my way into Shamrock in spite of my weakness and I was discovered by Shamrock almost instantly. Then they started calling me Rain the Liar.”

 

Kirito says, “Rain…you’re…”

 

Rain says, “I haven’t told you the real reason, I know. I can’t talk about relatives…family affairs. It is too personal. That’s all.”

 

Leafa asks, “So, why did you start hanging around us?”

 

Rain replies, “I figured that Kirito and Usagi was at least powerful if not more powerful than Shamrock. They are the legendary ‘Black Swordsman’ and ‘White Valkyrie’. I heard about Usagi from SAO survivors that were part of the Assault Team that were talking about her which is how I recognized her from the description that they gave. The two great heroes of SAO could fight Shamrock on even terms. So, I helped you out and then used you to get close to her that was my plan.”

 

Hino whispers to Haruka, “She is still hiding something.”

 

Haruka whispers, while nodding her head, “Yeah.”

 

Kirito tells Rain, “So, why didn’t you trust us? Why did you always look so dejected when following us around?”

 

Rain says, nervously, “Because I really thought I’ve always been a burden! I was using you, wasn’t I? That’s pathetic…it’s…”

 

Asuna says, “Kirito-kun, I think she said enough. I’m convinced.”

 

Leafa says, “Me too. I know how it has with siblings and all.”

 

Rain asks, “I know that it isn’t my place, but I need to know. What is your deeper connection to Kayaba?” There are surprised looks from the others and Rain says, “I can understand Usagi since she and Kayaba are…Well, you know. However, from what I saw when Usagi as Sailor Moon, Leafa as Sailor Celestial, and Kirito-kun were fighting Kayaba in their last fight, it seemed like he had a deep connection with Leafa-chan and Kirito. I can’t help to wonder about that.” The others look at each other, nervously, and Rain says, nervously, “If it is too personal…”

 

Usagi says, with a sigh, “No, that’s not it. You might not believe it. It is just too…incredible.”

 

Akari asks Usagi, “Are you sure about this?”

 

Usagi says, with a smile, “Well, she already knows about Leafa and I, so, I’m sure that she realizes that plenty of us are the Sailor Scouts.” Usagi says, with a smile, “And I feel that since she is an SAO survivor, she deserves to know the full truth about why she was trapped in that horror.” Usagi looks at Leafa and she nods her head in which the other Moon Kingdom Sailor Scouts sigh as Usagi, Leafa, and Kirito explain about the Silver Millennium as its connection to SAO in which Rain gives a complete look of shock.

 

Rain asks, looking at Usagi and Leafa in shock, “So, the two of you are sisters?”

 

Usagi and Leafa look at each other and Leafa replies, with a smile, “ROYAL sisters to be more exact. We aren’t sisters in this life, but when we were princesses of the moon, yes. She was the heiress to the throne of the kingdom and I was…I am the legendary Sailor Scout tasked as the guardian of the greatest ‘force’ in all of existence itself: Etherion, the very embodiment of creation itself.”

 

Rain gives a look of shock and Yuuki says, with a smile, “I was shocked to find out about that.”

 

Rain asks, looking at Leafa, “So, the real reason that Kayaba did SAO was to force you to awake your powers?”

 

Kirito says, “What Kayaba told us was true, it just wasn’t the whole truth. His objectives were two-fold. It was for Sugu’s power that he made sure that I was chosen as a beta tester for SAO because he KNEW that I would go onto retail version of that game.”

 

Leafa says, “And made sure that one of my friends kept his NervGear because he knew that I would get my hands on it and use it to get to SAO.” Leafa says, with a sigh, “Like it or not, he succeeded in getting what he wanted from SAO…From his ‘death game’.” Leafa looks at Usagi and Kirito and she says, “And we can’t say that he lost in the end even when we beat him on the original Aincrad.”

 

Rain gives a look of surprise and Kirito says, “Like it or not, Kayaba was right about one thing. Sugu, Usagi, and I ARE legacy of Sword Art Online, a legacy that goes beyond that ‘death game’ that he made.” Kirito then says, with a smile, “However, it is OUR legacy and not his legacy. We intend to make the legacy of Aincrad what we want to make it and not he defined it as.” Kirito looks at Leafa and Usagi and all three of them smile in which Kirito says, looking at all of his friends, “And together, Kayaba’s shadow will never rule us.”

 

The others nod their heads and Klein says, with a grin, “You better believe it, buster!”

 

Kirito tells Rain, with a smile, “So, what do you want to do Rain?”

 

Rain asks, “You are asking me?”

 

Kirito tells Rain, “You are friend, of course, Rain.”

 

Rain responds, “I…I want to clear Svart Alfheim and come out on this game on top together! Then I want to introduce myself to Rainbow properly. I want to tell her that we are sisters.”

 

Dai says, with a grin, “Then let’s go already!” Everyone else nods their heads in agreement and all of them prepare to venture forward to confront Seven and Sumeragi to complete Svart Alfheim as well as stop Seven.

 

End Chapter 71

 

Well, we are reaching the end of the story. I know that things are going at a fast pace and I’m sorry if things might be going a bit too fast for your tastes, but I thought that I get through what I felt is the important stuff. As I said before, there is going to be a lot of foreshadowing on what’s to come in the last chapter, so, stay tuned! Please read and review and no flames! Later and best wishes, Crossover Fans!