Naruto Shippuden Fan Fiction ❯ How cliche Kittens ❯ Surprise! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Uh, also, instead of 35, Sasori is going to be 28.

Chapter Text

The girls were all sprawled across Evelynn’s living room. They were currently on the second movie, Audrey’s romance. They decided to get Evelynn’s horror movie out of the way, and Gina said she could always watch her documentary at home. It was around 9pm, and most of the pizza was gone, much to Evelynn’s dismay. She was currently laying on her back, her feet resting on Gina’s back, and Gina was laying on her stomach, her feet near Evelynn’s shoulders. Einstein was resting on the arm of the couch near Gina’s head, and Levi was curled up on Evelynn’s stomach. Audrey was laying on her stomach in front of the couch, and she was rubbing Dash’s stomach. Evelynn and Gina could have sworn they caught Einstein and Levi snickering at Dash’s enjoyment, but decided to let it go. Audrey was, of course, oblivious. As far as she was concerned they were just cats.

“Ewh!” Audrey suddenly shrieked.

“What is it now?” Evelynn lifted her head slightly to look at the brunette. Gina barely glanced at her, figuring it was nothing… She was right.

“Dash smells bad!” There goes that snickering from the cats again.

“Uh, then give him a bath when you get home?” Gina suggested, raising up slightly and sniffing Einstein. She wrinkled her nose. “Einstein too, eh.”

“I’ll just give Levi a bath, I’m not going to smell him.” Evelynn looked at her friends with amusement. She had finally sat up, cross legged, with Levi in her lap. Audrey jumped up.

“Come on, Gina! We have to go! We can’t keep our little babies dirty!” The young woman wailed. Gina sighed.
“It’s not the end of the world if they smell bad, Audrey…”

Audrey looked at Gina like that was the most absurd thing she’d ever heard her life.

“Okay, never mind. I’m coming.”

Gina got up, and gave Evelynn the “Audrey is going to be the death of me” look. She and Evelynn had created it a year after they had all been friends. The red-head just grinned. Audrey and Gina grabbed their cats, said their good-byes, and Audrey practically dragged Gina out to her car. Evelynn laughed at that. Audrey sure was something else. Suddenly the read-head turned to Levi.

“You’re not going to give me a hard time about bathing, are you?” She eyed him uncertainly. From what she could recall, cats were rather hard to bathe. The kitten gave her a bored look, and she took that as a ‘yes.’ Sighing she went to go grab a towel, and prepare for his bath. Just in case he DID decide to maul her.

Finally finding a towel, she came and grabbed Levi off the sofa. If she did happen to get torn to shreds, she could always just ask Gina or Audrey to give him a bath next time. Entering the bathroom she set him down on the floor, and closed the door. The bathroom was rather nice. It was a cream color, and the shower curtain looked rather elegant, it was turquoise. Evelynn’s favorite color. Actually, most things in the bathroom were turquoise. The rug, the shower curtain, the hand soap dispenser on the sink, the tooth brush holder, and the little basket hanging in the shower that held her shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, were all turquoise.

Evelynn knelt down next to the tub, and turned on the water. She put the stopper in the drain, decided to fill the tub up with warm water, and wing it from there. Really, she hadn’t the slightest clue on how to bathe a cat. Could she just use normal shampoo? Well, she would this time. She’ll definitely have to buy some sort of animal shampoo later.

Once the bath tub was filled about ¼ of the way, she knelt back down, she took some water in her hands and gently soaked its fur. Standing up so she could grab her shampoo, she suddenly heard a soft ‘poof!’ Coughing she started waving away smoke that suddenly appeared in her shower.

“What the actual fuck?!”

As the smoke cleared she looked into her shower, and standing there was a man. He had red hair, and hazel eyes. He looked to be about 25, and he may be the most handsome man Evelynn had ever seen. With a soft cry of surprise, she took her shampoo bottle, and whacked him in the head.

“Shit!”