Naruto Shippuden Fan Fiction ❯ The Akatsuki's Victory ❯ Sasuke and Shoto ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shoto leaped into the air, performed the hand signs, and sent a rain of bullets down on twelve of the enemy. Four of them managed to dodge. Shoto had to embed her axe head into the ground, and pull herself away to avoid the large shuriken that was launched at her. She landed on the ground, her back to Sasuke's, and yanked her axe head out of the ground. Then, with expert aim, she shot the axe and chain at one of the remaining four she had been fighting. It went straight through the man's back, and out of his stomach. Shoto yanked the chain back, and the man fell forward, dead. She wasted no time in shooting six senbon at the remaining three. One man died with two of them piercing his skull, one managed to jump out of the way, and the third slowly bled to death on the ground with a senbon in his jugular.

"Are you alright?" Sasuke asked. His sword clashed against an enemies kunai. Sasuke swung himself around the enemy, and when he was behind them Sasuke stabbed the man into his back and through his heart.

"I'm doing alright. How about you?"

"I'm fine. Listen, Shoto." Sasuke said. He turned as a sand shinobi came up behind him with three puppets at the ready. Sasuke cut one of the man's hand off, and Shoto demolished the remaining two puppets with her axe and chain.

"I'm listening."

Sasuke suddenly wrapped an arm around Shoto's waist, and pulled her closely against him. The rain beat down on them hard, and Shoto looked up at him in shock. Sasuke's face looked softer than it normally did, and Shoto felt her face heat up slightly.

"Shoto," Sasuke started as he stabbed an enemy in the chest that was lunging at Shoto from behind. Slowly, the Uchiha got down on one knee. "Will you marry me?"

Shoto looked at him in shock for a moment, then regained her composure. She leaned down and captured him in a deep, searing kiss. As she kissed him she flicked her wrist, and her axe head embedded itself into the neck a leaf shinobi that leaped out at them.

"Yes."

After her simple answer Sasuke kissed her again. Sasuke remained on his knee, his sword still in the chest of the man he killed, and Shoto was still leaning over him as they kissed, her arm still slightly outstretched from when she had shot the axe head at the leaf shinobi. The rain pouring down on them, and Shoto's black hair, wild and wet, whipped around the both of them in the wind. This would be a moment Shoto would never forget, as long as she lived.