Naruto Shippuden Fan Fiction ❯ The Akatsuki's Victory ❯ Gina and Itachi ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gina and Itachi danced around each other as they fought their foes. As Gina would duck Itachi would cut the throat of a shinobi that was behind her. As Itachi leaped into the air Gina would pierce the heart of an enemy that was after him. Constantly, the two gracefully moved around each other. Never a step too soon, or a step too late. Always in perfect sync.

"Do you think Nina will ever see a battle like this?" Gina inquired as she ducked under a sand-nin, and impaled her katana through his chin, and into his brain.

"I certainly hope not." Itachi replied as he jumped into the air, spun, and kicked a leaf shinobi in the head. As he landed he slit the throat in the shinobi. "Then again, who knows what the ninja world will be like when she's old enough to become a shinobi."

"I hope we win this. I believe if we do then peace can finally be achieved." Gina said as she cut open the chest of another shinobi.

Suddenly, she bumped into someone as she backed up. Both her and the other person spun around quickly. Gina was face to face with her husband. She looked up at him, and he looked down at her. His pony tail was slightly more loose than normal. Their clothes hugged their bodies, and Gina's hair matted her face as the rain poured down on them. They continued to stare at each other for a moment. Itachi suddenly swept her into his arms, and she threw her arms around his neck. They kissed deeply, but briefly.

They both spun back around to face the shinobi that were jumping at them. Gina performed the hand signs, and used the earth flow spear. The sand and leaf-nin in front of her were impaled by the spikes that shot from the ground. Two of them managed to jump out of the way. Gina ducked under a kunai, and shot her katana into the woman's heart. The man came from her left, and aimed shuriken at her with deadly good aim. Gina managed to deflect most of them, but one of them cut open her cheek. The man was mere inches away from her now. Just as she was about to slice open his throat Itachi came up behind her, wrapped one arm around her waist, and embedded his tanto into the guy's throat. Itachi ripped the mans throat out, and Gina leaned back against her husband.

They both worried for Nina, who was now in the underground safe tunnels. They never wanted her to experience this hell. This constant fighting and war. The couple's hearts were pained by the thought that this is what Nagato, Konan, and Yahiko had suffered. They couldn't imagine having dealt with their whole lives. Yet, some how the three had managed. As orphans at that. How brave their friends were. No, how brave their family was. That's right, the Akatsuki were family. With that thought in mind Gina and Itachi resumed fighting. Fighting for their family. For their child. For their comrades, and for the future of all shinobi.