Naruto Shippuden Fan Fiction ❯ The Akatsuki's Victory ❯ Deidara and Audrey ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Deidara helped Audrey back onto the clay bird, and then they took off into the sky. Audrey was only let down when she had to heal one of the Akatsuki or an Amegakure shinobi. Other than that Deidara launched explosives from he sky, and Audrey shot her boomerang shuriken at their foes.

"War is scary." Audrey said out loud thoughtfully.

"Yes, but it's the perfect time to express one's art, hm." Deidara said with a grin. "Katsu!"

Audrey watched in awe as the clay spider and butterflies attached themselves to the enemy and exploded.

"You know, Audrey." Deidara started. "I think we should work on having kids as soon as this is over, hm."

"You really mean that?!" Audrey cried as she turned to her husband.

"Sure. Once all this is over with," he gestured toward the ground. "We'll have plenty of time for kids, yeah."

"Oh, Deidara, I can't wait!" Audrey threw her arms around his neck and kissed him gently.

"We could start now?" He muttered. Audrey laughed.

"Not now. We're in the middle of battle!"

"Oh, right. I forgot about that, un."

"You forgot?!" Audrey scolded her husband playfully.

The two looked down at the scene below them. Everyone was fighting fiercely. The enemy's numbers were dropping quickly. It was only a matter of time before this was over with. How long had they been battling now? It had to have been over a week, at least. That's what Audrey guessed, by the amount of wounds she had to heal. Yes, they were nearing victory. It was only a matter of time before Suna and Konoha had to retreat. Otherwise their men and women would all be killed.