Naruto Shippuden Fan Fiction ❯ What a Lovely Turn of Events ❯ Welcome to the Akatsuki ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Currently, everyone was in the living room. Kisame had taken a seat on the couch with the stitched man and the plant man. Konan sat beside the ginger man, and Nagato took a seat beside Konan. Hidan was forced to move, and Gina now sat in the armchair, Itachi sitting on one of the arms. Deidara sat cross legged next to the arm chair with Audrey in his lap. Sasori and Sasuke sat against the wall between the two couches, Shoto stood beside where Sasuke sat leaning against the wall, and Adrian sat in Sasori's lap. Evelynn had apologized, and Sasori had gently touched his forehead to hers. Apparently, this was their thing if they apologized, or wanted to show affection. Since they were made up, Evelynn sat cross legged next to Sasori. Hidan sat in front of the couch that held Kisame, his legs stretched out in front of him. Currently, Itachi was explaining everything that had happened to Sasori, Deidara, Sasuke, and himself. Pretty much everyone was paying attention, except for Hidan and Sasuke. Sasuke didn't really need to, and Hidan just wasn't interested. Finally, it came time for the girls to introduce themselves. First, was Audrey.

"W-well.." She started shyly. When she noticed everyone staring at her, she tried to shrink back into Deidara.

"It's alright. I'm right here." He assured her.

"O-okay. Well, I'm Audrey.. I work at a b-bakery. I j-just turned t-twenty. Oh, a-and Deidara and I are getting m-married." Audrey stuttered out. Everyone seemed rather surprised at the engagement, and Hidan even made sure to gag at the announcement. Everyone looked to Gina next.

"I'm Gina. I worked at a zoo, and I was going to college to be a history teacher for elementary school kids. I'm twenty-one, going to be twenty-two in a couple weeks."

"She's also five months pregnant." Evelynn chimed in automatically. This earned her a dirty glare from Gina. Since she spoke up, everyone decided she could go next. "I'm Evelynn. I'm twenty-four. This is Adrian, he's four. I adopted him. The end."

Shoto, "I'm Shoto. I'm twenty-one," she stated bluntly.

Konan stood up once all the new-comers were introduced.

"My name is Konan." She spoke softly. "I suppose I might as well introduce everyone myself. It'll probably be easier that way."

"This is Kakuzu." She gestured to the stitched man. "He's from the Hidden Mist village. He uses a very special jutsu that lets him collect up to five shinobi hearts, and this allows him to prolong his life. He's currently 95. The one sitting at the foot of the couch there is Hidan. He's a Jashinist and an immortal. The one sitting to the right of Kakuzu is Zetsu. His specialty is being able to travel through he Earth. As such, he makes a very good spy. On Kakuzu's left is Kisame, one of the Seven Swordsmen of the village Hidden in the Mist. The man on my left is my husband, Yahiko. The one on my right is our childhood friend, and leader of the organization, Nagato."

When Konan finished everyone looked around. Almost as if they were observing each other. They probably were. Having gotten nervous with the change of atmosphere, Adrian climbed into Evelynn's lap. As far as the four year old was concerned, no one would mess with her.

"So what exactly do you guys do?" Evelynn asked bluntly. Again, Sasori's palm said hello to his forehead. It was Nagato that replied.

"Currently, we are hunting down jinchuriki. These jinchuriki are containers of chakra beast, there are nine in total, each one having a different amount of tails. They hold great power, and if we were to contain all nine of them we would hold complete power over the shinobi world."

"So," Shoto started slowly. "Jinchuriki are.. people..?"

"Indeed."

"What happens to them when you remove the tailed-beast from them?" Audrey
asked.

"They die." Nagato stated bluntly. Audrey went very pale.

"So.. What do we have to do to help out around here?" Evelynn asked.

"Beg your pardon?" Nagato looked at the red-head.

"Well, I don't feel like living on the street. Especially not having Adrian on the street. So, whatever need to be done, I don't see why we can't help."

"Evelynn!" Audrey wailed.

"She's right." Gina cut in. "We have ourselves to think about."

"I agree." Shoto added.

The other members looked around at each other.

"You're serious?" Kisame asked.

"Serious as a heart attack." Sasori answered for Evelynn.Quite honestly, he was proud of her for wanting to join.

Again everyone shared looks.

"Well," Yahiko stated with a grin. "Welcome to the Akatsuki."

(A/N; Sorry for the really short chapter, but it's late and I want to go to bed. I know you all are probably wondering, "Why the hell would they just sit around and introduce themselves like that?" Well, I figured this; Even though the Akatsuki is an evil organization, they're an evil organization that wants peace. So, even though they're evil, I don't see why they can't do something as polite as introducing themselves. You're also probably wondering, "Why would they just accept the girls in so easily like that." Well, that is because Sasori, Itachi, and Deidara were some of the most valuable members, and Nagato trust their word. Besides, Gina is pregnant. What can Itachi even lie about? Anyways, reviews are welcome! I'll be sure to post a few more chapters tomorrow! Goodnight/Good morning/Good afternoon!)