Naruto Shippuden Fan Fiction ❯ What a Lovely Turn of Events ❯ Awakening ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

As Shoto awoke she instantly had a feeling she was in a foreign place. This feeling was verified when she opened her eyes and was looking at a stone wall. A stone wall.

'What the hell?' She thought as she sat up. Slowly, she took in her new surroundings. She was alone, on a simple cot bed. As she stood, she realized one of her legs was shackled to a rather long chain on the wall, which connected to under the cot she was sleeping on. On further inspection she realized she was in a cell. The metal bars not far from the cot was proof enough of that. Shoto pulled out a hair tie from her jeans shorts, and tied up her straight, mid-back black hair. Where ever she was, it was incredibly humid. Had she been kidnapped? It was the only explanation the blue-eyed girl could think of.

"Hey, one of the bitches are awake!" She heard someone yell. She narrowed her sharp, deep blue eyes. Did this person just call her a bitch? Well, she'd have a thing or two to say about that. Kidnapped or not, she wasn't going to be disrespected. Suddenly, she thought of Sasuke. Where was he? Did he get kidnapped too? What about the others? Shoto's thoughts were cut short as a man walked up to her cell. She studied him. He had.. Purple eyes? A birth defect, maybe? And silver hair. How could he have silver hair? He didn't look very old. Maybe in his early to mid-twenties, if she had to guess.

"Who are you?" Shoto asked coolly.

"None of your fucking business, bitch."

Before she had the chance to reply, someone else appeared. Shoto did a double take. The man was blue. What the hell was going on!?

"Don't be so foul, Hidan." The.. Blue man drawled. Upon further inspection Shoto decided he looked very shark-like. Along with blue skin and blue hair, he had beady white eyes with just a black dot for a pupil, and what looked like gills under his eyes.

"Oh, shut the fuck up, Kisame."

Shoto pushed back her fear, and stared at both men. They stared back. Oh man.. Where was she?! And where were the others?!

-Evelynn-

Evelynn was awakened by Adrian crying. Not just whining for her to get up like he did some mornings. No. Poor Adrian was hysterical. Evelynn jumped out of her bed, only to fall flat on her face. What the fuck?! Apparently, she was shackled to a wall. Getting up and rubbing her forehead, she looked around. What the fuck? This definitely wasn't home. Where ever she was.. It was hot. Really damn hot.

The red-head woman shook her head, and looked around for Adrian. He was sitting in the middle of, what Evelynn assumed, was their cell. Luckily, he wasn't chained up. Evelynn ushered the boy to her, and scooped him up. Sitting back down on the cot, she rocked him gently.

"Shush. It's okay Adrian. I'll get us out of here. Don't worry." She cooed. Damn, she didn't have a hair tie on her. Her waist length red hair was currently starting to mat to her forehead and neck. Where were they?!

"Who are you?"

Evelynn jumped at the sudden noise, and turned to who was speaking. A man, probably around the same age Sasori, stood outside her cell. He had blood-red hair, and .. Purple ringed eyes? What the fuck? Contacts maybe? Evelynn shook her head.

"I'm Evelynn Crevan." She stood up, and placed Adrian on the bed behind her. She then turned to the man, and placed her hands on her hips. Her 'Crevan Glare' in place. "I don't give a fuck who you are, but you had better let me out of this damn cell. Right. Now."

Who ever he was, he narrowed his eyes at her. Evelynn glared back ten-fold. Ah, a glare-war for the ages.

-Gina-

Gina groaned as she slipped into consciousness. She quickly realized she was not in the comfort of Itachi's arms. Had he gotten up earlier than usual? Slowly, she sat up and blinked the sleep out of her eyes.

What the hell.

She wasn't in her room. Actually, she wasn't in her home at all. In fact, at a closer look, Gina would assume she was in a hospital. Had something happened to her that she didn't remember? The brown-eyed girl shook her head, and pushed her mid-back curly, blonde hair over her shoulders. No, if anything serious had happened to her, she would remember. Suddenly, her hand went to her stomach. Yep, she still had her baby bump. Good, nothing happened to the baby. So, then where were the others?

Gina tried to strain her ears to listen for one of them. Most likely Evelynn screaming at someone. Nothing. Her ears started to ring from the silence. Now, Gina was not one to usually panic, but right now she was mentally freaking out. She was almost five months pregnant, in a room she was foreign to, in a location she had no clue about, and her friends and fiance were no where to be seen or heard. Suddenly the door opened. Gina jumped, and whirled around to see who was coming in.

It was a woman. A lovely looking one at that. She had amber eyes, blue hair, and hair an origami flower in her hair.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you." The woman spoke in a soothing voice. "My name is Konan. I believe you know Itachi?"

Gina nodded slowly. "M-my name is Gina. Itachi is my fiance."

The woman looked slightly surprised at this, but quickly regained her composure and smiled softly.

"I take it that it's his child you're bearing?" Gina only nodded. "Yes, we were most surprised when we found both of the Uchiha's were back. Your friends must have been the others that appeared then?"

"A super shy, innocent looking brunette, a calm, sophisticated black haired woman, and a foul tempered, foul mouthed red-head?" Gina inquired.

Konan let out a chuckle. "The red-headed one sounds most familiar. She had a little green-eyed, black haired boy with her? I believe Nagato had the pleasure of a glaring contest with her."

"Ah, that's Evelynn. Adrian is the little boy with her." Gina laughed softly. Konan nodded.

"Well, if you'll come with me, I'll take you to your friends. Congratulations, on the baby, by the way."

Gina nodded in thanks, and got up to follow Konan.

-Audrey-

Audrey was completely freaking out. Completely. She had woken up on a caught, in a cell, in a dark, humid place. She had no idea where she was, and her friends were no where to be found. So, basically, our Audrey was a completely wreck. Her crystal blue eyes were brimmed with tears, and she was sitting on the cot with her knees pulled up to her chest.

'Where's Deidara?!' She thought to herself. Even more so, where was everyone else?! Why was she here?! Was she going to die? Was she going to be raped? Was she going to be sold to a brothel?! None of the ideas sounded very good to Audrey.

Suddenly, she heard someone walking towards her cell. She gripped her short brown hair, and closed her eyes. Oh god, she was too young to die! No, no, no! She couldn't die here! What about the others?! Were they gonna die too?! Oh, no! Poor Gina is pregnant! And Adrian is only four! Surely they wouldn't kill a pregnant woman and a child?! Audrey's thoughts were cut short by a voice.

"Audrey, it's me, hm." Audrey blinked, and slowly turned to the voice.

"DEIDARA!" Audrey wailed. The blonde bomber grinned, and came into her cell.

"Miss me, yeah?" He teased.

"I thought I was going to die! Or be sold to a brothel!"

Deidara 'tsk'd' as he unlocked her shackle.

"You know I'd never let anything like that happen to you." He grinned down at her.

His only response was a nod, so he wrapped an arm around her, and led her to where everyone else was upstairs.

Ah, poor Audrey. Not that anyone could really blame her.

-Upstairs, with the rest of the Akatsuki-

A tan man with stitches all over his body, odd colored eyes(The Sclera were red, the iris green, and he had no pupils), and a mask that his the rest of his face sat on the couch in the living room. Next to him was a half black, half white man with yellow eyes, and a venus fly trap around his body. Hidan was sprawled over an armchair. A man with ginger hair and brown eyes sat on a couch across from the couch the stitched man and plant man were on. Itachi, Sasuke, and Sasori were standing between the two couches, Sasori leaning casually against the wall.

Soon, Konan entered the room, followed by Gina. Almost as soon as Gina entered Itachi was next to her.

"You're okay?"

The blonde woman nodded, and Konan gave Itachi a reassuring smile. Suddenly, Itachi was a lot less tense. Hidan snorted at the scene.

Next to enter were Kisame and Shoto. To everyone's surprise the two were chatting like old friends. Sasuke looked over curiously.

"He's nice." Shoto stated smoothly. "Unlike that asshole over there!" She snapped while sparing Hidan a glare.

"Oh, shut the fuck up."

Konan promptly smacked Hidan over the head. With one last glare at Hidan, Shoto strolled over to Sasuke.

"I see you're handling yourself well." The Uchiha drawled. Shoto just nodded.

Suddenly, shouting could be heard, and Sasori's palm met his forehead.

'Here we go,' he thought to himself.

Hidan, Kisame, the stitched man, the plant man, the ginger man, and Konan all looked at Sasori questioningly. He just shook his head, and gestured to the door. Standing there was a very agitated, very upset looking red-headed, hazel eyed woman. Clinging to her leg was a black haired, green eyed little boy. Behind her was Nagato, who looked as aggravated as she did.

"What the fuck, Sasori?!" Evelynn snapped. She stormed over to the red-headed man.

"What did you want me to do about it?!" He snapped back.

"Oh, I don't know, how about not let them fucking shackle us to walls, in cells, in the fucking basement?!" She hissed.

"It wasn't my call." Sasori scowled.

"Couldn't you have at least taken Adrian with you?! We was crying his fucking eyes out as soon as he woke the fuck up. What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Evelynn glared up at him.

Sasori glared back.

-Insert the twenty minute glaring contest. Take note that this glaring contest was so intense that Hidan and Kisame got out popcorn while they watched the glare war go on.-

Sasori sighed, "just give it a rest. You're fine, Adrian is fine. There's no reason for you to be going off."

"Like hell there's no reason!"

"Evelynn.." Sasori threatened.

"Don't fucking try threatening me."

"Evelynn." Sasori tried once more.

Instead of retorting, Evelynn decided to slap him. Her mistake, I suppose, because Sasori grabbed her wrist before she could make contact, spun her around, and pinned her against the wall.

"Listen," he hissed softly in her ear. "You are making a scene. Right now we are back at my.. home. So calm down, and lets get everything sorted out. You are safe. Adrian is safe. Everyone is safe. So calm. Down."

He let her go. She looked up at him, and he crossed his arms and looked down at her. Evelynn sighed.

"Fine." She muttered and crossed her arms leaning against the wall. Adrian came up and tugged on Sasori's pant leg, and Sasori promptly picked him up.

Standing in the door way was Deidara with Audrey. They had observed pretty much the whole thing.

"So.. Evelynn was being Evelynn again, yeah?" Deidara asked with a chuckle. The others were fairly baffled that a girl, who was not a ninja, could even be so bold.

Ah, well, time for introductions?