Naruto Shippuden Fan Fiction ❯ What a Lovely Turn of Events ❯ Welcome to your family, Nina ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It November twentieth. They had gotten their new forehead protectors. Evelynn had turned hers into the belt buckle on her studded belt, Shoto and Hidan wore theirs around their necks, Audrey used hers as a headband, Gina tied hers around her left thigh, Kakuzu had attached his to the hood he wore, Sasori just kept his on his person (usually tied on his hip on his ninja pants), and Zetsu kept his somewhere in his venus fly trap. Konan, Nagato, Itachi, Yahiko, Kisame, Deidara and Sasuke wore theirs normally. Adrian didn't have his yet. Sasori and Evelynn kept in on the dresser in their room.

"I'm a real ninja, yet." He had explained to them cutely. "Once I'm trained, I'm gonna wear mine like Leader Nagato's!"

This had tickled Nagato to no end, that the kid looked up to him. The ones that had original forehead protectors kept them in their rooms. They couldn't seem to part with them. Which was understandable. Those forehead protectors symbolized where they had originated from, and what had brought them together.

It was around one in the afternoon when Gina felt her first contraction. She had first shrugged it off as a false contraction, but when another appeared not two minutes later, she flipped out.

"Itachi!" She screamed from the living room.

Shoto had taught the Akatsuki how to play poker. So right now Itachi, Kakuzu, Hidan, and Yahiko were playing. Everyone else was sitting around watching them. The only ones who weren't were Deidara and Hidan. Who were in the living room with Gina.

"Itachi, the baby!" Gina yelled again. This got the Uchiha's attention. He raced into the room.

"What happened?" He asked looking worriedly at his wife.

"C-contractions! Ah!" Gina winced and held her stomach. Suddenly, the couch was soaked.

"Did you just piss yourself?" Hidan looked at the blonde horrified. Konan, who had just entered the room, smacked him upside the head.

"No, you idiot! Her water broke! Itachi, help me get her in the medical room!"

He nodded, and with Konan's help they hoisted Gina up.

"Oh god, oh god! Itachi it hurts!" Gina wailed.

"I know. It'll be okay. It'll be over soon." He tried to soothe her. He and Konan, with a little difficulty, got her into the medical room, and on to the cot. Soon, Audrey joined them.

"Gina's having the baby?!" She asked excitedly.

"Yes, the fucking baby is coming!" Gina snapped. Audrey grinned and set everything up to deliver the baby.

-Time skip!-

Gina had been in the medical room for two hours. In the first hour, almost the entire Akatsuki had flooded the room.

"Get them out of here!" Gina cried. "Oh, god. I'm going to fucking kill you for doing this to me Itachi! First, you get me pregnant. Now you let all your friends in here to see your wife's fucking vagina?!

What is wrong with you?!"

After that, Audrey had ushered everyone out. Only Konan, Itachi, and herself were permitted in the medical room.

"I'm the leader of the Akatsuki. I should be allowed in there if I want." Nagato grumbled.

"You really want to be in there to watch Gina try to kill Itachi, and push a bunch of bodily fluid and a tiny human out of her snatch?" Evelynn asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I wouldn't mind watching her kill Itachi." Hidan stated with a grin. Evelynn gave a small laugh and high-fived him.

"Itachi, I swear when this is over, I'm going to kill you!" They heard Gina shriek.

"On second thought, I feel safer out here." Nagato said. Yahiko patted his shoulder comfortingly.

Konan emerged for a moment. Her hands and the front of her clothes soaked with blood and other bodily fluids.

"We need more towels." She grinned. "It won't be long now. The baby is already crowning. Gina's already broke one of Itachi's hands, I'm sure. She's working on the other one."

Evelynn, Hidan, Deidara, and Kisame howled with laughter. Even Sasuke gave a chuckle at that.

"Will you four calm down." Sasori rolled his eyes.

"If Audrey were out here, she'd hit you." Shoto said calmly to Deidara.

This caused Deidara to shut up instantly.

"Ahaaa! Look at how fucking whipped he is!" Hidan laughed. "Even at the mention on her you shut up."

"Shut up, idiot." Kakuzu smacked him over the head.

"Ouch! What the fuck?! What is this? Hit Hidan in the head day?!" The Jashinist snapped.

"Yes." Sasori said then hit Hidan over the head himself.

-Time skip!-

Another three hours passed, and the baby still hadn't arrived. A few of the members were getting worried, but Konan assured them everything was fine.

"What if it dies, un?!" Deidara suddenly shouted. "Or what if Gina dies?! We can't let Gina die!"

The blonde bomber was pacing back and forth in the living room.

"It's not going to do anyone any good if you keep freaking out, brat!" Sasori snapped.

"How can we not freak out, yeah?! One of our own could die in that room, hm!"

"Calm down, Deidara!" Evelynn snarled. Shoto just glared at the bomber. Gina was their friend above all else, and the thought of her dying didn't put them in a good mood.

"Can't we do something?" Kisame asked.

"Like what? Audrey and Gina are the only two with actual medical experience." Shoto stated.

"We can't let Gina die! We can't, un!" Deidara wailed.

Evelynn stalked into the kitchen, grabbed a skillet, walked back into the living, and promptly knocked the bomber out cold.

"If anyone else says anything about Gina dying I will obliterate you!" The red-headed woman snapped glaring at everyone in the room. Sasori came up behind her, and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Miss Gina is gonna be okay, right?" Adrian asked in a small voice. He had been colouring on the coffee table, but looked up when Deidara started freaking out.

"Nothing is going to happen to Gina or her baby." Shoto promised, kneeling next to the small boy. When he looked at her, she gave a reassuring smile, and he went back to colouring.

Another hour or so passed, and they all finally heard what they had been waiting for. A small wail from a baby could be heard down the hall. Then, they heard the sound of Gina sobbing, and Audrey congratulating her. Everyone looked at the clock. It was seven-nineteen.

After about ten minutes Itachi walked into the living room, a smiled plastered on his face.

"A girl." Was all he could manage. Sasuke got up and put a hand on his older brothers shoulder.

"Congratulations, daddy." The younger Uchiha smirked. Suddenly, Itachi pulled him into a hug. After a moment of surprise Sasuke hugged back.

"So when do we get to see the damn thing?" Hidan asked. Kisame smacked him upside the head.

"That thing is a baby." Kisame said with a bit of irritation. Out of everyone in Akatsuki Kisame was closest with Itachi. He wasn't about to let his best friends baby get insulted.

"Whatever." Hidan muttered while rubbing his head.

"Give Gina a few minutes to rest, and then we can all go in and see her." Itachi said.

"What's her name?" Yahiko asked with a grin.

"Well, we decided on that a few months ago. If it was a boy we'd name him Izuna, after Izuna Uchiha. If it was a girl, we'd name her Nina. Since her grandmother was named Mina, her mother Tina, and her Gina." Itachi explained.

"Nina Uchiha." Sasuke muttered.

"It's got a nice ring to it." Evelynn grinned. She looked down to find Adrian tugging on her belt.

"Does this mean I get someone to play with?" Adrian asked.

"Ah, when she's a little older. Yes. Right now she's just a baby and can't do much." Evelynn explained to the young boy. He seemed to understand and nodded. Then, Konan walked out.

"Well," she smiled. "We can all go in and see her. Only for a little while. Gina's awfully tired."

Everyone looked around at each other, then followed Konan down the hall, and into the medical room.

Once inside, they were greeted by the sight of Gina holding a small bundle to her chest. Audrey was drying her hands on a towel and grinning. Evelynn was the first to walk up to Gina's bedside, followed closely behind by Shoto and Itachi.

"Oh, she had the Uchiha hair." Evelynn cooed.

"Her eyes are blue." Shoto noted while smiling down at her friend.

"Most babies are born with blue eyes. Hers are darker than Gina's, so they'll probably end up like Itachi's." Konan explained.

Soon, everyone was crowded around the bed.

"She's beautiful." Yahiko smiled, wrapping an arm around Konan.

"She's gonna make one fine Uchiha." Kisame said, clapping his hand on Itachi's back. Itachi just smiled.

"We're your family, little one." Nagato cooed at the baby.

"You're gonna be my friend." Adrian told her. Sasori had picked him up, and stood next to Evelynn at Gina's bedside. "When you're all growed up."

"I guess she's kind of cute." Hidan said.

"The prettiest little girl in the whole world!" Audrey cooed.

Kakuzu just smiled at Gina, and then handed over a blanket.

"What's this?" Gina asked. Gratefully taking the blanket.

"I saw it in one of the villages, and decided the baby might like it." Kakuzu shrugged.

"Holy shit, the cheap-skate actually bought something out of he kindness of his five fucking hearts?" Hidan said sarcastically. Itachi hit him upside the head.

"Keep it down, Hidan. The baby is sleeping." Sasuke frowned at him.

Everyone turned back to Gina and the baby. It was a cute picture, really.

"Look, Nina. Everyone came to see you." Gina cooed at her daughter. "This is the Akatsuki. Some of them are a little eccentric, but all of us are going to love you and take good care of you."

At her statement the Akatsuki all looked around at each other. It was true, in a weird way. They all were family. Some lovers, some were like brothers, some were like sisters, and others were best friends. Family. Ha, who'd have ever thought it would come to this.

"Hey, where's Deidara?" Audrey suddenly asked. Everyone turned to Evelynn, who was rubbing the back of her head sheepishly.

Ah, right.. He was knocked out on the living room floor.