Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Zenki Fan Fiction ❯ Book One: Heir to the Throne ❯ Lament of Innocence ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Ranma 1/2 or any other anime or video game

that may appear in the story.

Prologue:

Lament of Innocence

He was the best.

Trained to be a man amongst men since his feet could walk.

Survived an invincible yet crippling martial arts technique though

at great cost.

A genius in the field of battle.

He had the will of power to make his absolute confidence into a

destructive force of energy.

Move at speeds that the human eye cannot hope to see.

Even create a whirlwind of pure power to decimate his foes.

He even had a harem of girls vying for his heart and loyalty.

Now he had another title to add to his infamous name, slayer of god.

It was at the battle at Jusendo against the immortal phoenix, Saffron, that he had-in his rage-unleashed the power to kill gods and demons alike. To save Akane, the one he loved, he had done what the matriarch of the Chinese Amazons, Khu Lon, had been impossible, he not only defeated the fearsome Saffron but he also used to enough power to

cause Saffron to revert back to an egg.

Ranma laid on his back on top on the roof of the Tendo household alone as his family and the Tendos had gone out and he had opted to stay behind earning him a mallet from Akane with explanation of wanting to be alone with one of his whores and a scolding from his old man, mother, and Mr. Tendo about his treatment of his fiancée. As he looked at the starry night sky remembering the Battle of Jusendo and his own failed wedding.

Thinking of those memories and how Akane looked when her wedding was trashed by his other fiancées and rivals, and how his cure for his curse was drunk by Happosai thinking it was sake, he could not stop the hot tears coming down his face.

He also knew that he was no longer a martial artist, for they protected the weak and innocent, he was now a warrior. Though each have the same principles, a warrior would do anything to protect those who cannot protect themselves, even kill to save the ones he loved. Hecried at what he had become and what he had to show for.

He was Ranma Saotome, heir to the Saotome School of Anything Goes Martial Arts, the greatest fighter of his generation. He was the best of the best, yet even with his accomplishments being the best had its price and could no longer bear it.

He was alone, and he was tired of his life. An idiotic, cowardly, and lazy panda who wanted to live of his sweat and blood for a father, a mother whose views of manliness bordered on perversion, a friend turned bitter rival, a best friend turned into a fiancée, an amazon and her great grandmother who wanted him as a breeding stock, a near-blind master of hidden weapons out to kill for "taking his Xian Pu", an insane kendoist and gymnast out to marry or kill him or his cursed form, and lastly an uncute tomboy who he had completely fallen in love with.

At the end of the battle with Saffron, he had truly meant that he had loved her and was more than willing to spend his life with her. But their dreams had been shattered when Nabiki informed his rivals and fiancées of their impending nuptials and promptly crashed the wedding with bombs, which in turn destroyed the Saotome household. That also marked a turning point in his life, his love for Akane after the wedding fiasco slowly started to vanish.

After the wedding, Akane blamed him for destroying her happiness and left him alone with Kasumi to fix the mess left behind. The first few weeks after the wedding was really quiet, with Ranma being too shocked and angry at what his fiancées had done.

But it was just a brief reprieve for Ranma, as the fiancées deemed that Ranma had forgiven them and renewed their pursuit of him with more intensity than before. What was worse, Akane started to become really possessive of him asking where he went every time he went out and he would usually be malleted for no good reason at all. He found out from one of Akane's friends that she always rubbed it in Ukyo's or Shampoo's face that Ranma had chosen her and not them.

He didn't want to be a trophy or prize to be one, but Akane and his other fiancées saw it that way. He also felt with every hit of Akane's mallet on him, his love for her slowly died. He no longer saw the girl with the prettiest smile, only the violent mallet happy maniac who never listened to him and had forever labeled him a pervert. He cried harder knowing he was the best and he would be forever alone.

He cursed his father for destroying his future; he cursed himself for being too honorable to make a choice between the girls knowing that he would still end up tarnishing his other fiancées honor, and too cowardly to take the only path left open to him. He no longer wanted this life that had been chosen for him, a life he never had a choice in. A life full of hypocrisy, lies, betrayal, pain, sorrow, and heartache; he wanted it all to end.

With eyes still glistening with tears, sad blue eyes silently pleaded the heavens for support or any kind of help with his sad, pitiful problem called his life. The emotional dam that had kept all his emotions in like the Soul of Ice was breaking apart as all of his love, anger and sorrow rushed forth like an unstoppable tide. He wept bitterly in his hands, no longer caring about the world around him, never noticing the approaching figure of Happosai coming back from one of his panty raids. He just sat there and cried into his hands.

A lament of innocence.

The cloaked figure watched with teary eyes from her palace in the Sea

of Chaos as Ranma wept for his lost innocence, yet she could do nothing

as this was part of her plans. A plan, if successful, would give him

AND her what they both desired.....

.....a new life.