Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Angelic Layer Fan Fiction ❯ Evangelic Layer ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]



Evangelic Layer


by Lord Raa


**********


Disclaim-me-do: Can't this wait? I'm touching cloth!


*********


Shinji Ikari was looking around Tokyo, trying to recall his childhood memories from the last time he was here. For the strangest of reasons he found his attention drawn to the big screen in the street.

What he saw would change his life forever.

"And now, we have the main event. In this corner, the reigning champion of Angelic Layer, Asuka the Crimson!"

The cheer from the crowd puzzled the young Ikari. 'Why is this so popular?'

The announcer continued. "Versus Sachiel!"

The crowd didn't boo as Shinji expected, but the cheers for the gangly looking doll were markedly less.

'Compared to that other one, that's ugly,' Shinji thought as the two fighting dolls squared off against each other.

But the aesthetics of Sachiel did not matter once the battle started.

Asuka's brilliant red device streaked across the layer and garbbed the arms of Sachiel in a moved that would have made most unarmed combat practioners proud.

"Well that was anti-climatic," a voice called out from behind Shinji as Asuka tore off the limbs.

Shinji turned to see a boy around his age. "What do you mean?"

"I expected Asuka to show a little more flare with this one," he answered. "Asuka is famed for her skill, I guess that she must be tired of the weaker opponents."

To prove his point, Asuka responded to an interviewer's question.

"I'm looking for a new challenge at the Kanto tournament. So far, I've not been pushed as much as I'd like. It's not a challenge anymore. Is there no-one that is ready, willing and able to to stand up to me? Are you all wimps?"

Shinji knew a challenge when he saw one. "I'll give it a go."

Kaoru smiled, but before he could point Shinji in the right direction to acquire the necessary components, the young Ikari had wandered off.

'Damn,' Kaoru cursed internally. 'He was a cutie.'


*********


A blonde woman in a lab coat noticed a lost looking young male browsing the Angelic Layer section of a toystore.

"I see you're interested in Angelic Layer," she casually addressed Shinji.

"Oh, yes. I just saw a match on the TV outside and I want to give it a go, it looks like a lot of fun."

The blonde smiled at Shinji's innocent appraisal of the latest toy. "Well, do you know what you need to get started?"

Shinji shook his head.

The blonde's smile grew. "Right, you'll need one of these, one of these and one of those. Best not forget this or this," the woman spoke as moved with a purpose around the shelves.

"Do I really need all of this?"

"This is just for starters."

"Umm, I don't mean to be rude, but what's your name?" Shinji was beginning to get a little weirded out by the manic blonde.

"I'm Dr Ak- , no it's best if you call me Ritsuchan," the woman introduced herself. "No to purchase the goods."

As Shinji paid for his new toy and accessories, one of the staff pointed Ristuchan.

"There she is, she followed that boy in. I bet she's one of those perverted old women that prey on innocent young boys."

"What?" Ritsuchan looked around and started to panic. "Unhand me, you thug!"

"Silence degenerate!" a security guard insisted as he dragged the struggling lab coat clad blonde out of the shopfloor.

"Ritsuchan, can you lend me some money for the train?" Shinji turned to ask his new friend only to be answered with silence.


**********


"Just what were you thinking walking her all the way from Tokyo station?"

"I'm sorry, Auntie Misato," Shinji hung his head in shame only to have it painfully wrenched up by the cheeks.

"I'm not old enough to be refered to as 'auntie' yet Shinji. If you must make point out that I'm older than you, Nee-chan will do just fine," Misato had a dangerous look in her eyes. It promised much pain to Shinji if he dared to make that same mistake again.

Misato wasn't really related to Shinji, but was a friend of the family, having worked with bother of his parents before the unfortunate death of Yui Ikari. She was also only a few years older than Shinji.

"Of course, Nee-chan," Shinji responed through pinched cheeks.

"That's better," ths scowl was replaced by shockingly cheery smile. "Now why don't you show me what it was that caused you spend your train fare on."

Shinji handed his room-mate the Angel Egg he had purchased on the advice of Ritsuchan.

"This is..."

"Yep, I'm going to play Angelic Layer. Though something does seem a bit odd. Fighting angels, I mean."

Misato laughed. "Yeah, I know what you mean. Angels are supposed to be the good guys."

Shinji joined in the mirth.

"So what are you going to call your Angel?" Misato asked.

"I was thinking Rei," Shinji replied as he gathered his things. "Is it ok if I take a bath?"

"Sure, I'll order take-out for dinner."


**********


To be continued?

Only of the feedback is positive enough.

Let me know what y'all think.

Email is (lordraa) (digitalpimp) (.co.uk)

or

(lordraa) (hotmail) (.com)

I know that you know what you have to add to complete the addresses.


Ps: if Taxzombie is reading this - email me, we have much to discuss.