Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hunter X Hunter Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction / GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Infernal Affairs ❯ Introduction and Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Infernal Affairs

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the following anime - Yu-Gi-Oh, Hunter X Hunter, Fushigi Yuugi, Hungry Heart ~ Wild Striker, Beyblade, Slayers, YuYu Hakusho, Get Backers, or Neon Genesis Evangelion. Man, this is a long list. I don't know how I plan to keep track of all these characters, but I will somehow!

Summary: This is no game. This is a matter of life and death. Only the cunning, the deceptive and the ruthless survive. This is the world ruled by three main bodies, the Triads - and the darkest side of humanity. Multiple pairings

Warnings: There is a lot of things to warn you guys about in this fic, but I'll get around to them as they come, okay? I just don't know what I'll be putting into this just as yet. I mean, yeah, the first chapter's up, but I seriously just let whatever comes to mind flow. So I have no control over my writing, but there will definitely be yaoi and shounen-ai in this.

Author's Notes: Well, yet another fic I've started. Yes, this is a HUGE project I'm working on (and in my School Cert. Year too!) and I think this is going to stretch on for maybe the rest of this year and all of next year? I don't know. But it's going to be LONG, I promise you! Really long!

Oh yeah, with the names, Chichiri from FY will be known as Houjun (cos it sounds better than Chichiri).

--------

Introduction

--------

This is no game. This is a matter of life and death. Only the cunning, the deceptive and the ruthless survive. This is the world ruled by three main bodies, the Triads - and the darkest side of humanity.

In this world, the supreme dominates everyone and everything. In order to survive one must be strong, cunning and - most of all - willing to sacrifice anything in order to become the best. Life is shrouded in fear, darkness and insecurity. There is not a day that goes past without the members of this world fearing for their lives and for their positions.

Once drawn into this world, there is no getting out. Once inside, nothing will let you go. As long as you have spent one day within the boundaries of this world, you will be hunted down until the day you die. There is no escape from this world that deals in the shadows of the night, and there is nothing anyone can do to save you.

You are on your own.

~

CHARACTERS ~ TRIADS

Yami no Aoryuu [Blue Dragon of Darkness]

Mutou Yami, 24 (leader)

Kaiba Seto, 22

Bakura Anubis, 23

Otogi Ryuuji, 22

Ishizu Ishtar, 24

Marik Ishtar, 23

Malik Ishtar, 21

Mutou Yugi, 20

Jounouchi Katsuya, 20

Honda Hiroto, 20

Kujyaku Mai, 22

Mazaki Anzu, 20

Genei Hunter [Phantom Hunter]

Kuroro Rucifer, 25 (leader)

Hisoka, 25

Reorio, 24

Kurapika Kuruta, 23

Gon Freecs, 16

Killua Zoldick, 16

Neon Nostrad, 20

Machi, 22

Pakunoda, 25

Nobunaga, 29

Phinx, 23

Feitan, 23

Mugen Ryodan [Infinite Brigade]

Bakura Ryou, 17

Minamino Kurama, 18

Jefferson Sakai Kouji, 18

Hitawari Kai, 20

Fuchoin Kazuki, 24

Zelgadis Greywars, 28

Nagisa Kowaru, 19

Hiei, 18

Ayanami Rei, 19

Lina Inverse, 27

Fuyuki Shido, 26

Midou Ban, 26

Amano Ginji, 24

Kano Rei, 20

Kinomiya Takao, 20

Mizuhara Max, 20

Kenny, 19

Illumi Zoldick, 24

Kaiba Noa, 22

Milluki Zoldick, 23

Makubex, 22

CHARACTERS ~ THE POLICE

Suzaku Team

Ri Houjun, 28 (leader)

Hotohori, 24

Nuriko, 24

Tamahome, 23

Tasuki, 25

Mitsukake, 26

Chiriko, 20

Seiryuu Team

Nakago, 30 (leader)

Amiboshi, 22

Suboshi, 22

Soi, 28

Ashitare, 26

Miboshi, 27

Tomo, 24

Other

Hikou, 28

Tetsuya, 32

Keisuke, 32

Kouran, 26

Tatara, 30

--------

Prologue

--------

"You know what to do, right?"

He took the gun into his tight grip. It felt cold in his hands, like an inferior object, which was unusual. He was a cop, one who had always used guns, and he won the title of 'Top Gun'. He was the best of the best.

"Come on, Kura, you know you wanna," his opponent sneered. "I'm the traitor, remember? You hate me."

"No I don't, Hanzo." He swallowed. "I could never hate you."

"Dammit Kura, I betrayed the team!" Hanzo snarled. "I work for Genei Hunter, a triad, remember? I killed Celia, the boss' wife, illegally dealt drugs in this country and I was a cop when I did it."

"You felt remorse for it, Hanzo, that's all I need to know."

Blue eyes met brown in a silent challenge. There was no way he would shoot another cop, especially one who had been his friend. Yet, orders were orders, and he couldn't ignore an order from his squadron leader. Through the transmitter in his ear, he heard the leader's voice.

"Take him down with a clean shot, Top Gun," the other murmured. "he's not sane. If you leave him, he'll be a threat."

"Jun, I can't."

"That's an order," Houjun said firmly. "Now do it."

A pause.

"Clean shot, then, Jun?"

He heard Houjun sigh.

"Yes, clean shot. I'm sorry."

The gunshot rang out.

--------

The breeze picked up Kurapika Kuruta's dark blonde hair, making it flutter in his face. He reached up a pale hand to brush it back out of his blue eyes, unblinking as he looked up at the tall building for the last time. There was nothing this place could offer him anymore.

He sighed inwardly as he turned to leave. This was the last time he would walk out of this steel and glass monster as an employee. From this day onward, he was no longer part of what went on inside. There was no more thrill, no more challenge, in this job. All of it died when he accomplished that final task.

I'll have to find something else, somewhere else, he thought to himself. Something so totally different to this place that I could start over without my past getting in the way.

As the next bus came past him on the busy street, Kurapika disappeared from all sight and sound. Left behind was the memory of him as a cop, as a team member, and as a friend. This identity no longer existed within him.

--------

"Did you hear about it? Hanzo's dead."

The page of a book, stiff and yellow with age was turned in the dim candlelight. A low voice gave an indistinguishable sound of acknowledgment, before the room fell silent again. Scuffling was heard from further into the darkness, before a muffled 'oomph' as a dull thud sounded.

"We need a replacement, another spy," the speaker continued, sounding unperturbed by the lack of response. "Someone who can do a better job."

"Anyone is better than Hanzo," another voice said cynically.

"So why don't you go?"

"That's enough." The voice was quiet and commanding. Both fell silent immediately upon his order. "We do not need a replacement for Hanzo. The infiltration of the police force is no longer needed."

"What do we do, Dancho?"

The book was closed quietly and set aside. The candlelight illuminated the reader's face: deathly pale, flawless skin and cavernous, empty black eyes. The tattoo of an upturned cross marked his forehead, underneath his slicked-back, black hair. Thin, pale lips twisted into a smirk.

"There is no need to be so hurried just as yet. We can afford to wait."

He stood up, fur-lined, black coat falling neatly around him. The smirk still plastered on his face, 'Dancho' walked off into the recesses of the room. The first speaker blinked in slight confusion at this abrupt exit, before hurriedly following. Left inside, the candle flame flickered in the chilly breeze from their departure, and went out.

--------

End Prologue

--------

Author's Notes:

Well, how was it? Not overly confusing, I hope. I tried to make it ambiguous and there were only two pages to this chapter anyway. There will be more in the main part of the story.

As you may have noticed, there are some missing characters from each of the anime. They either have been cut out entirely, or they will be making very little appearances. I just can't find a use for them. However, if there is a particular character you wish to appear in this fic, feel free to ask. I will take into account all the suggestions and try to meet your expectations.

I also may ask for OC's later on, so when I do, please give me some suggestions as to what kind of people to use!

Anyway, enough blabs for now. REVIEW!

Relinquished