Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Just one innocent little earthquake ❯ What if.... ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Own I do not Gundam wing, and Evangelion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Amber waited patiently outside the main entery to NERV.

It was midnight.

It was raining.

It was cold.

It had been fifteen minutes already and as far as she could remember Nik was never late.

Sure Duo had been late for a date or two but only a few minutes and he couldn't have gotten them into any trouble that would have lagged them behind this much.

"Oh c'mon guys"she murmerd to no-one and shook some of the water from her hair, she glared at the door, wich was locked from the inside, "this sucks"

Nik and Duo were running frantically skidding down hallways and pulling eachother down stairways as a large group of security soldiers came after them with rifles while alarms went off ringing loudly in the near empty halls.

"Where the hell is an exit, muchless a fucking unlocked door this place is like a friggin maze"Nik growled

"Why don't you have a gun? why didn't you check for an alarm, you should have known our gundams would have been under high security"Duo sent back

"Me? you were the one keeping watch"

"That makes no difference" he muttered

They were forced to a stop as another group of soldiers closed in on them from the front.

"I can't believe this"Nik hissed under her breath.

"You should have given up along time ago kids, NERV's security system is the best there is"

Neither of the pilots said anything as two soldiers came up with handcuffs.

As the handcuffs were placed on they motioned for Nik and Duo to walk but they didn't budge.

Instead in unison they broke the cuffs apart in one swift motion.

The gaurds stepped away nervously.

"If this is the best there is then you don't stand a chance"Duo stated

"C'mon Duo, 06 is probably angry enough with us"

"Got'cha"he nodded, he sent a large grin at the soldiers"it would be best if you didn't try anything"

Nik smirked and followed Duo.

Kaze stiffled a yawn, she had stayed by Quatres bedside ever since Ritsuko had finished her interrogation.

They had arranged to start plans for a full system update Thursday morning at seven.

Quatre hadn't even stirred.

Wufie had woken up briefly.

Trowa had left.

Quatre hadn't even moved.

"Please wake up soon Kitty. I can't lose you here. Your all I got here"

her words seemed to fall on deaf ears and she had to will herself not to cry.

Sadly took Quatres hand in her own and folded her other arm on the bedside resting her head on it.

Amber looked up as the door opened and Nik and Duo walked out.

"So I was right. You two got in trouble"

"I don't wanna talk about it"they said in unison.

Amber giggled slightly"whatever you say, oh before I forget, Misato Asuka, Shinji and I made living arrangments. Here check it out."

Nik took the folded peice of paper from Amber and unfolded it with Duo peering over her shoulder.

________________________________________________________

Misato's| Ritsuko| --Apartment| --Apartment| --Apartment| ________|________|____________|____________|____________|

Asuka | Meg | Quatre | Amber | Heero |

| | | | |

Shinji | Trowa | Duo | Wufei | |

| | | | |

Rei | | | | |

| | | | |

Nik | | | | |

________|________|____________|____________|____________|

"Works for me"Duo nodded

"Ditto" Nik replied handing Amber back the paper wich was quickly pocketed "Isn't it a little much for Misato to take so many kids?"

"Thats what I thought, but it works out okay. Rei's quiet, and a vegiterian. From what I can determin she'd make a perfect gundam pilot."she smiled slightly "Shinji isn't very confident but he's definetly responsible enough. Asukas the only handful really she's like wildfire, and she's a really cool person too, you know she finished college already and she's only fifteen years old, she only goes to school to fit in... and chase after Shinji."

"Indeed" Nik remarked with a bemused smile as they walked towards a set of apartments"Has Wufei woken up yet?"

"No idea, Kaze is still at the hospital keeping an eye on Quatre, she got a hold of me a couple hours ago but there was no change. Trowas up though. He's already at Ritsuko's house so don't bother thinking any late night sleep overs Nik. I suggest you stay with Heero tonight Duo. So we can assure there's no trouble"

"I'll be fine Nik and I can take care of ourselfs. We're big kids now Amber, we've even killed a few hundred people too."

"Funny"

"I thought so.."

"Anyways,"Nik inturrupted"How are we going to afford the apartments? our cards wont work, the preventors don't exist here so we can't bill anything to them."

"I wouldn't say that, I think alot more has changed than we think, Heero had said that ealier so I went to the store and went to pay and the transaction went through, so I think the preventors have an HQ here. though are cell phones don't work. and Heeros laptop isn't capable of very much other than pulling up things he had saved to a file."

"Alright, so preventors yes, technology no. Got'cha."Duo translated

"Pretty much, Duo, this is your apartment, eigth floor, room 995"

"affermative"he said with mock seriosness

"Oh and one last thing"Amber said

"What?"Nik and Duo asked together

"We have to attend school here..."

"Nani!?"Nik screamed

"I can't change it. But Misato thinks it would be safe that even though were spread thin at night we should be close together during the day"

"But we know more than the teachers do for christ sake"

"Maybe not, times have changed on us Duo and they don't have technology like us so the learning system is probably old"

"yeah yeah. Well when dose school start here anyways?"

"You have a week, the uniforms and classes will be mailed to you"

"Alright, I'll see you girls tommorrow. kay?" He gave Amber a snug hug shook Nik's hand then started into the apartment.

"I don't like this place Amber."

"You've gone to school before Nik you'll-"

"Its not that Amber, something isn't right. I saw those Evangelions when we went looking for our gundams. Wich I never even got into. I heard the thing about the Angels but.... why would they still be active? Why would they still be running tests if they say the Angels are gone for good?"

"I don't know, I never really thought of that. Probably a just in case thing like they did with the gundams"

"I don't like it"

"You already said that"

"I know, but I really don't things like that make me edgy... what if- "

"what if an angel is the cause of this?"

"yeah... what if we can't get home? what if the Angels are taking over there?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Priestess: Ta da!!

Quatre: *sniffle* whats wrong with me? why wont I wake up?

Nik: cause priestess doesn't like you

Quatre & Meg : *gasp*

Priestess: I do so!

Meg: you stay away from my kitty you fiend

Priestess: *sweatdrop* uhn..... I'll post soon....