Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Storm Warning-Part 2 ❯ Chapter 8

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

This story contains scenes of explicit sex, naughty words, and other horrible, offensive things.  If you are underage in you house, village, town, city, community, state, province, country, or continent: READ NO FURTHER!  If that type of thing offends your tender sensibilities, or you are stupid: READ NO FURTHER!  All characters are the copyright of their respective creators and/or owners; no copyright infringement is intended by this story.  Any resemblance to people, places, or situations alive, dead, or otherwise is purely coincidental.
 
 
Chapter 8
 
The Next Day, Gash, on the Slopes of Mount Vulva
 
Man, come on! Tank thought. Why do these guys always make me wait!? The teenager was currently sitting in the Gash central police office waiting for a second interview by the authorities on the attack the previous day. As he shifted position in the hard metal chair he had been invited to sit in after his arrival he winced slightly. After his arrival the previous night various Pokegirls had treated his wounds as well as giving him some various potions to take, but he still felt some twinges from his ribs and his nose was still sore. The nurses had all assured him that it would clear up in no time, but that didn't make it any more comfortable for him right now and sitting in a chilly bare room waiting for the cops wasn't helping matters any.
 
Just as the teenager was thinking that the door creaked open and Investigator Bill Collins came in a lit cigarette dangling from his smiling mouth as always. “Hey, Tank. Thanks for coming in,” The policeman ignored the ashes his cheery greeting caused to fall onto his ever-rumpled suit and set down a cup of coffee in front of the younger man. “It's not good, but at least it's hot.”
 
Taking a sip Tank had to agree with both statements and began blowing on the surface of the boiling, tar-like liquid. As he waited for the coffee to cool somewhat Tank asked, “Well, what can I do for you?”
 
“I just wanted to check on a few minor details. Nothing really important,” The police investigator waved his arm dismissively and took a drag on his cigarette. “For example, I was just wondering where you were staying. You know, just in case we need to get in touch with you again. I figured you'd probably be staying at the PokeCenter Dormitories, but I just wanted to make sure.”
 
Tank shook his head, “I stayed there last night, but I moved into a hotel this morning. It's called The Elemental Inn.”
 
“Oh yeah, I know that place. On Petals Lane, right?” As Tank nodded his head in confirmation, Collins began digging around in his suit pockets, frowned as he didn't find what he was looking for, then moved on to patting the front of his suit. Finally, with an exasperated sigh he flipped the bangs of his shaggy brown hair out of his eyes and bellowed over his shoulder, “RALLY!! Get in here!!!” He settled back into his chair with an apologetic smile.
 
A minute later the door to the room slammed open with a smashing bang and Collins's Officer Jenny stalked into the room. Like all Officer Jennies, Rally's hair was green, but in her case so dark it appeared more like it was black with green highlights rather than truly green. Unlike the investigator her uniform was impeccable and perfectly tailored to her lovely form. Strapped under either arm was a shoulder holster containing some type of handgun and two more were hanging from a leather belt around her slender waist. Standing next to the grinning Collins the heavily armed Pokegirl snatched the cigarette out of his mouth and stubbed it out with a mock sweet, “No smoking in the office, Investigator Collins. Now what can I do for you?”
 
“I forgot my notebook. And my pen,” he added thoughtfully with another series of pats on his pockets. “Could you lend me yours?”
 
The Pokegirl sat down with a sigh, “You'd better just let me take the notes. We wouldn't want another little incident like with the stone bandits last week, would we? Or was it the stoned Banshees? I can never quite remember.”
 
Collins winced at his Officer Jenny's tone of voice. “Hey, that's not fair! I can make out my own handwriting…Well, most of the time anyway.”
 
Rally simply shook her head in disgust, produced a notebook and looked at the two humans with her pen upraised.
 
Giving in, Collins told her where Tank was staying and as she wrote it down turned his attention back to the young Tamer. “So, back to what we were talking about. Any idea on how long you're planning to stay?”
 
“Maybe a week or so, why? Is there a problem?”
 
“No, not at all,” The policeman hurriedly reassured Tank. “It's just that we've got some people from the Central League Office coming in about this matter in a few days and I imagine they're going to want to talk to you.”
 
“Well, I'll be here. Like I said before, I'll be in town for at least a week. My Pokegirls need a break and I've gotta stock up on some stuff.”
 
“Good enough, but if you change your mind and decide to take off early we'd appreciate a heads up on it, all right?”
 
“No problem.”
 
“OK, and speaking of stocking up,” Collins suddenly pulled out a small palm computer from an inside pocket of his suit coat. “I've got something here that'll help you do just that.” Noticing Tank's questioning look he chuckled, “The League has approved the reward for the capture of Team Shred. It was a thousand credits each, plus an extra grand for bagging them both at the same time. If you'll just bring out your Pokedex I can transfer the funds to you.” He laughed again as the Tamer quickly produced his Pokedex. Money was always a problem for the teenager, so the reward was a real godsend.
 
“And speaking of Team Shred,” the police investigator went on. “The Council also judged that you can keep one of their Pokegirls as well. You'll have to wait until they've been interrogated of course and I'm afraid the League Office has also insisted that they all go through a Level 5 Taming Cycle.”
 
“Level 5!! But that's a complete mind-wipe!” Tank protested. “If you do that they'll lose all their experience and learned skills!”
 
Collins shrugged his shoulders apologetically; “Sorry, but the Council felt that they had all probably become too conditioned to a life of crime to be dependable. Anyway, if you do want one, here's what you've got to choose from.” Hitting a button on the small electronic device he had kept out after transferring the reward to Tank's Pokedex, a short list of names and Pokegirl types appeared on its screen.
 
Tank leaned forward and read through the list, then sat back down in his chair with a frown. “I know we captured more Pokegirls than that,” he said. “Where are the rest? I'm pretty sure there were some pretty powerful types among them.”
 
“You're right on both points, Tank. There are more Pokegirls and all of them are quite strong,” The older man admitted. “But those Pokegirls didn't belong to Team Shred and the League wants to keep a special eye on them. I'm afraid you'll have to choose among the ones listed here.”
 
Tank sighed and leaned forward to look at the list once again. Finally he sat back and shook his head, “No, not with a Level 5 Taming Cycle. It'd be too much of a pain in the butt getting them readjusted and in any shape to be productive. You can keep `em.”
 
Collins and Rally looked at Tank with surprise then shared a glance with one another. Shrugging his shoulders the police investigator picked up his palm computer and slid it back within his coat pocket. “OK, if that's the way you want it…” He looked up and smiled at the younger man, a gleam in his blue eyes. “I'll see if I can't at least get you a finder's fee for the Pokegirls anyway. Seems a bit unfair for you to get squat considering what you went through.”
 
“Thanks, I'd appreciate it.”
 
Collins waved aside Tank's thanks, “Don't worry about it. Now there was one more thing I was supposed to talk to you about. It was… It was… It had something to do with Pokegirls… It was… Now just what was it again?”
 
While the investigator toyed thoughtfully with his over-long bangs and muttered to himself, Rally rolled her eyes upward and sighed. “Uhhm.” Clearing her throat she captured the human's attention and said, “The Growlie, Investigator Collins. Sir. We contacted her family and…”
 
“Ah, yes!” The policeman said brightly, a charming smile on his lips as his memory returned. “That's right!! We did contact the Growlie; uh what was her name…? Rie? Eri?”
 
“Rei. Rei Hino. Sir.”
 
“Right! Right, Rei Hino. So we talked with the Hino family and they weren't too…receptive to the idea of taking her back in. They're a bit…conservative I guess you'd say. The family keeps some kind of traditional shrine or something. Having their daughter go through Threshold really freaked them out.” Tank nodded his head in understanding even as a grim expression came over his face. It wasn't a too uncommon response, especially in the Great White League which was a bit backwoods and reactionary from the viewpoints of many of the other Leagues. “Anyway,” Collins went on. “They definitely don't want her back, so since you captured her she's yours if you want. What do you say?”
 
Tank didn't even pause, “I'll take her.”
 
“Fine. You can pick her up at the front desk on your way out. I think that's about it for us. You have any questions?” When Tank shook his head in denial the older man stood up, quickly followed by the Officer Jenny and the young Tamer. “Well, then. Thanks for your time, Tank. Don't forget to let us know if you need to leave early for some reason.”
 
“OK, I will.” After a final round of goodbyes including Rally the teenager left the room leaving the other two alone.
 
After a short silence Investigator Collins turned to his Officer Jenny, “So, what do you think of that kid, Rally?”
 
“Hmm?” Rally had been lovingly caressing the handgrip of one of her many guns and looked up at her partner. “That Tamer?” She paused to think for a short time. “Seems OK,” She finally said. “A bit different, but OK.”
 
“Yeah, he is different,” Collins agreed, shaking out a cigarette from a pack he pulled out of a coat pocket. “I think we should keep a pretty close eye on him. And an ear, too for that matter,” He added, cupping the cigarette to light it with a match.
 
“You mean you want to bug him?” Rally asked even as she leaned forward to flick the cigarette from his lips, simultaneously managing to tweak the tip of his nose painfully. “Do you want me to get Minnie-May or Becky?”
 
Rubbing his nose he glanced over at the straight-faced Pokegirl. “I want to hear his conversations,” He finally said dryly. “Not blow him into the stratosphere.”
 
“Becky then. You know,” she added with a sly look at her partner. “If the chief ever finds out about these unauthorized wires you're gonna be in deep shit.”
 
“Well, we'll just have to make sure the chief never finds out about them then, won't we?” Collins's hand began to move back toward the pocket holding his cigarettes, but catching the disapproving look of Rally he sighed and placed both of his hands behind his and twisted his back, working out some kinks in it. “Let's get to work, shall we?”
 
“Whatever you say. Sir.”