Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Rebirth ❯ Chaotic Morn ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadow's Rebirth

A/N: Sorry for the delay school started, and you know the deal

I'll try to keep the story going, Also if anyone wants to do the story from another characters' point of view as just tell me, and make sure it follows the currant story

Chapter.7: Chaotic Morn

Today is the day of the contest, today everything changes for the better. I look at the ceiling while laying in my bed. After this, no more Amazons and no more Tendos. Also Ryouga will stop that stupid as hell feud against me. I hear a knocking on my door, "Come in" Amy walked through the door wearing a big smile, luckily I was already dressed so she doesn't get a show. "You ready?" She asked, concerned about me. I nod and get off my bed, "As ready as I'll ever be, come on, lets go" We depart after saying goodbye to my mother

We didn't grind to the stadium where the race was taking place, but rather walked arm in arm. The whole neighborhood was silent, it seemed that everyone in town was at the stadium, "How much did you make?" I asked, curious. Amy smiles, "A lot" I smile, "So are you going to give me some of the profit?" I asked again. She pouts cutely, "I thought we talked about this. I get to keep everything, but if you want I can cut you in." I nod, "Good because once everyone sees this race, this is going to be the next big thing." Amy agreed, "You're right, all the group is in on this, we all are going to make billions of yen. The company is called the Mobian Corp."

We fall silent as we approach the stadium and was bombarded with noise. We walked inside and it seemed that over five districts were here today. Amy does her stuff well. I see that at the starting line, was an ascending ramp that rose to the sky. Tails came close, instead wearing the school uniform, a lab coat, jeans and a simple white shirt. He walked up to us and clapped his hands once, "I'm glad you got here early. Amy take the microphone and Ranma please activate the rails." Amy kissed my cheek, "For luck," she said as she took the microphone and went to the stand. I took the remote out of the subspace pocket and pressed the button.

The crowd roared as numerous rails appeared in mid air. It started from the top of the ramp and ran in five parallel rails that went in random motions. Tails nodded, "Perfect now for the display" He took another remote, pointed at the sky and pressed the button. I was amazed to see that a 3-D monitor appeared in thin air and each side was separated in five lanes, each one showing static. Tails attached a pin to my shirt and on one lane was my face, it appears that a invisible camera was broadcasting my image. I heard Amy over the speakers say, "We present the first ever Grind Contest from the Mobian Corp. We have one of the owners and players, Ranma Saotome. He is known around as one of the best martial artist in Japan and possibly the world. He is a member of the famous Nerima Wrecking Crew, but before any of you girls get any ideas, he is taken by me!" The crowd roared and I chuckled at Amy's commentary, it is all just so cute. On the moniter, my name flashed under my image. Then the first contestant came onto the field

It was Ryouga and he was walking with Chaos, both were talking in whispers. The strange thing is that he was calm and collected. Instead of his training bag, he had the metal board that I saw earlier. Chaos left Ryouga's side and took seat next to Amy and spoke into another microphone, "Our next contender is another member of the Nerima Wrecking Crew, Ryouga Hibiki! He is Ranma's rival and the second best martial artist in his generation under Ranma. Ryouga is known to be traveling all over the world. Searching for a way to improve himself, he is a wander, and yes girls, he is taken, by me. Back off!" This took me by surprise. Ryouga and Chaos, together? Ryouga took a pin from Tails and put it on. On the monitor, his face appeared next to mine and his name flashed underneath his picture. Me and Ryouga lock gazes for the longest time, until I nod and he goes to the starting line.

The next person to come on was Akane. She strutted up to Tails, snatched the pin and place it on. Tails glared at her and I could swear I saw his eyes flash orange, "From the Tendo School of Anything Goes, we have Akane Tendo, former arranged fiance of Ranma. Her current fighting record is 0 wins and about 79 loses. " Amy said. God bless that girl. Trying to be civil, I walked up to Akane and held my hand out, "May the best person win" She grabbed my hand and I knew something was wrong, her grip was way to strong, Ryouga's strength about five months ago...Super Soba noodles, I should have known. "I know the best person will win, me! When you're my fiance again, I'll be sure to follow Nabiki's example. I'm sure Kuno would like a visit from the pigtailed girl" Any and all respect I had for Akane just up and died. I matched her grip to her amazement then let go, watching as she goes to the starting line next to Ryouga, who ignored her.

When she was out my speaking range, I wrote a note and give it to tails, "Give this to Amy" Tails nodded and quickly went to Amy. Moments later when Akane's picture appeared, "Folks we were just informed that Ms. Tendo is currently using a strength booster, but will not be disqualified because this is the only way she can compete." Akane turned a bright red and Ryouga looked at her before chuckling. Akane growled as she slammed her mallet into Ryouga and shattered. Ryouga just laughed at her, "Pathetic" he said before focusing his attention on the starting line.

Last but certainly not least, the Amazon's arrived. Mousse and Shampoo walked towards me, while Cologne went towards the stands. Mousse walked up to me, "Saotome, I do not want you to lose, but for Shampoo to be happy, you must" I sighed and dragged Mousse away from Shampoo and hit him in the back of the head, "Are you stupid? HELLO MOUSSE, PAY ATTENTION! YOU BEAT SHAMPOO IN THE RACE, JUST FINISH AHEAD OF HER, YOU HAVE DEFEATED HER IN A CHALLENGE IN THE PRESENCE OF AN ELDER!" Mousse blinked, once, twice, three times before getting the most happy grin. The blind idiot finally realized his own laws. Tails came up and placed a pin on his robe, while handing him a pair of goggles, "Those are no good, wear these" Mousse put on the white goggles, and gasped, "For the first time, I can see perfectly" Me and Tails were treated to Mousse bowing to us for the next five minutes.

On the monitor his picture appeared, along with commentary from Chaos, "From and isolated Amazon village in China and master of the hidden weapons style, we present, Mu Tse or those who can't say it, Mousse and ladies, he is available!" Surprisingly a lot of females cheered, Mousse blinked again and turned beet red. He walked to the starting line and I finally noticed what was on his feet. They were like wooden sandals, only metal and the lower bars on the bottom were lined parallel to his feet rather than perpendicular. Very effective design used to lock onto the rails. Mousse went next to Ryouga, shook his hand and started stretching.

I know what Shampoo does, but I didn't think she would glomp onto me. I was wrong, so very wrong and far my mistake I was molested, again. "Airen we go to China again, make Shampoo many babies" In a blur that I know was Amy, Shampoo was knocked to her butt, accidentally flashing Tails. The kid turned orangish red which oddly fits with him.

I looked back and Amy was sitting on the chair she was, looking like she never moved, but her eyes held death or serious injury for the Amazon, Shampoo pinned herself because Tails was too shy and I would not even risk placing my hands near that area. "From the same tribe as Mousse, that bimbo hair product is their village champion know as Xian Pu or for a laugh, Shampoo." Yep Amy was upset and I was so very scared suddenly.

With all the players here, I walked to the starting line and waited for the race to start, on the monitor, it changed from the player views, to a map of the course, "Each player will stay on the rail and finish the complete path, which runs all over and under Nerima and there are many branching paths. Attacks against the players are strictly forbidden and whoever attacks will be disqualified. Got that, good and we will start in about 30 seconds." Thirty seconds and this will be the beginning of everything. My story will start right now rather then end. I look at all my competitors and see that they are just as excited.

I get the feeling that no matter who wins, me, Ryouga and Mousse will stop being rivals and actually become friends. I glance up at the monitor and see that only five seconds have passed, damn time is going to slow. I watch when the clock goes to 20 and two people shout. "WAIT!!!" The clock stops and there they are, The Kunos.

"How can you have this race without I, the Blue Thunder, When I win, the fowl socerer will give me my pigtailed goddess, the fiery Akane and the spirited Amy" Must keep calm, must not kill Kuno. Kodachi comes up wearing her laugh, "Oh When I win, Ranma will be mine!!!" Two shouts echo over all the nose, "CHAOS CONTROL!!!" and the arena freezes. I watched in amazement as everything around me simply stopped. Amy and Sonic approached me, but I can see the others weren't frozen, "Will you let them race?" I sighed, "No choice, they will attack if they don't, when this wears off, call the asylum and have them committed after the race" They nod and leave to tell the others. I looked around again and again was amazed, how powerful was Chaos control?

Time unfroze and Tails quickly explained to the two the rules of the contest and gave the pins. The screen had two more lines added to it as did the rails. I ignored the two bragging, so I didn't hear what they said, all I know that it was stupid.

The clock resumed, but this time with seven racers, rather then five. Kuno took out something resembling snowshoes, only curved downward, to look like a 'n' shape while Kodachi did the same. I look at the clock and there was only 10 seconds left. 9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...0!!!

We were off, the race had began. I easily ran up the rump and hit the center rail, right next to me was Ryouga who was using his shoes rather, then his board. To my left was Kuno and after that I didn't take notice. The rail I hit went into a speed boost and I was launched high above the stadium, freefalling onto the next set. With a quick twist I land on a rail and descend down the rail and out the stadium. I was now on the street. Tuning my senses to chi, Ryouga was across the street, tied with me, Kuno was right behind me, Akane was about ten feet up, struggling with that rail. Shampoo was next to her. Mousse was even higher and Kodachi was behind Ryouga.

I angled my body down and sped down the descending rail as it started to go into a spiral motion. The speed I was at kept me from falling out. I must have gone in about 10 spirals before it flatten out and I could see the path was about to diverge. There was one that went into the empty canal, one that stayed on the street and one that stayed in the sky. I took the lower path into the canal and crouched my body even lower. I look back and see that everyone has followed me, except Ryouga and Mousse, the former took the streets while the latter took the skies. This must be the perfect time to them for an ambush. "Remember we are still watching you" Amy's voice came from everywhere, she must have had the same thought. Then ahead of me I saw it, a line of speed boost all in a line, perfect. I jump rails, surprising Akane because I'm in front of her and grind ahead. "CHEATER" She yelled, "Not against the rules to jump rails, tomboy!!" I hit the boost before she could respond and I speed ahead, the shockwave knocking her off the rail and resetting her position. At high speeds I can see the rail diverge again, one into the sewers and another continuing the canal. I jump and land on the one going down to sewer hole.

When I hit, the smell nearly knocks me out, the area is dark but the rails are illuminating the whole area in a green light that makes the sludgy river slightly less disgusting then one of Akane's meals. I glance around noticing that all my previous followers haven't well followed me, but Ryouga and Mousse are down here now. Slightly behind me. "Shit, how did you get here Ranma?" Ryouga yelled, "Too slow to catch me" I replied as I sped ahead. The sewers have a lot of mini railings which means we each have to jump from rail to rail constantly. Many times Mousse and Ryouga took the lead, but I just took it back.

What I assumed to be halfway into the sewers a smaller 3.D monitor, like the big one appeared. "KUNO HAS BEEN SENT TO LAST PLACE FOR CHEATING" I half-way paid attention to the view screen, displaying Sasuke gassing Shampoo and knocking her off, so Kuno could speed ahead. "AKANE HAS BEEN SENT TO SIXTH PLACE" Again Akane pushing Kodachi off, before jumping of the rail, grabbing a bike and zooming ahead before getting on the rail again. I noticed the bike disappear. Fat-ass must be helping her, but Akane was caught so I don't care. "CURRANT POSITION AT THE QUARTER CHECKPOINT, 1st: Ranma. 2nd: Mousse, 3rd: Ryouga, 4th: Kodachi, 5th: Shampoo, 6th: Akane, 7th: Kuno.

Soon I saw that the rail was descending upward towards the street. What I didn't see was a out of site speed boost, so I was caught off guard when Ryouga sped ahead and hit the ramp first launching him out the sewer before I could. While in the air, Ryouga took his board out, strapped it to his feet and prepared to hit the next series of rails, but my specialty is midair combat, so with twist that would put any gymnast to shame I fell faster then he did and hit the rail at the same time. Mousee was no where to be found, I looked up and see to my surprise that he was using his robes to glide down ahead of us to take the lead, shit. Right now it is a straight away, about twenty feet in the air. Underneath us, was Furikan High, it was empty of people, and surprisingly that made it seem almost normal.

Since this was a straight away, we had no way to catch up to the ahead Mousse for now, so we simply raced for second and third. Soon more paths led from the ground and there the rest of the contestants joined us. Akane was in front, with Shampoo, Kuno and Kodachi in last. She must be cheating again. Suddenly, she jerked and flew ahead of us right behind Mousse. Oh now I know she's cheating, but how. There! An air void! Fat-ass is helping her using the Umisenken and with him invisible Akane won't be caught unless she breaks the rules. Those jumps are going to be considered part of her natural ability! Damn it!!! I look at Ryouga and see his angry expression. He caught on too.

Ryouga starts to glow a light green, that isn't like his usual depression aura, then he disappears in a burst of speed, Shit! He reappeared in front of Akane and Mousse, taking the lead. Sparks were given off because of how fast he went. Well I be damned, he has a speed boost technique. "Ryouga you cheater!!" Akane yelled, that hypocritical tomboy!! The mini monitor flashes again and Chaos voice came out this time, "Ryouga was using legal moves, as long as he isn't attacking the others, any move is allowed."

I grin. I thought using the Rocket Grind would be unfair, but now that Ryouga, the only one I consider to be fair game is using a speed boost so can I. The rings appear ending just feet ahead of Ryouga. I see Akane and Mousse past through the rings and no effect. I grin evilly as I pass through the first one and using Amy's advice, the world slowed down. Mouuse, Akane and Ryouga seem to moving inches and that air void that was Genma froze making a very interesting view. I easily go through Mousse and Akane, which is weird because I thought I would knock them off, or worst case turn them into very bloody piles of goop. My solidity must be dependent on how I focus my energies. I going to have to experiment with this after the race

"How???" Akane said, the minute I finished the ring line, She wasn't expecting that. Mousse stayed silent, but I could tell that he was thinking about something. Ryouga simply grinned, "Now things get interesting," He yelled. We must have passed a checkpoint because "Half-Way Checkpoint! 1st: Ranma, 2nd: Ryouga, 3rd: Akane, 4th: Mousse, 5th: Shampoo, 6th: Kuno, 7th: Kodachi"

Halfway there. That is when I see them, every rail has a bunch of speed boost about five per rail lined up. Ahead, all the rails, head straight up, nearly making a right angle with the rail. I glance behind and see that Ryouga is glowing and smirking. He is going to use a speed boost on the speed boost, two can play that game. A row of rings, and a quick prayer I hit the first ring and boost.

The world slows down but I'm moving insanely fast, up the railing, to my right Ryouga is moving a little slower then me, but he is still keeping up. Both of us are vertical and only our speed is keeping us from falling to our deaths. One story, Five stories, Ten stories, Eighteen stories, we still are both moving upward at insane speeds. The world around me is moving in slow motion and would have made me lost my lunch had I not been mad of sterner stuff. As I am ascending, the rail begins to twist into spirals and the surrounding view blurs into a crystal like array of colors. Then I feel my feet leave the rail and the world returns to normal. I'm about forty stories up, free-falling down to the ground. Ryouga next to me, is hollering in joy.

I see another path diverge, rails on the ground and another twenty stories up. Making my choice I grab the rail, twist and land on it, nearly dislocating my shoulder. behind me I see Ryouga fall to the ground, glowing; he is going to speed boost the minute he hits the ground. I won't let him beat me. Another path of rings only this time, I make them long enough for the whole straight section of the rail.. While in the Rocket grind I see it, a blunted vacuum blade heading for my head, but fat-ass isn't near. Then I realize, where is his partner in crime, crybaby Tendo?

I didn't realize that he knew the Yamisenken. Those cheating bastards. "CHAOS LANCE!!" It came instinctive, but a black bolt came out my hand and struck the vacuum blade, sending it back in slow motion the direction it came. The crybaby is going to be surprised I hit the end of the ring and hear the sweet sound of justice served as I begin descending closer to the ground. I look behind again and Ryouga is far behind me but I can't see any of the other racers, that different path must have been a shortcut. Right now I'm on the street, grinding from fence to rail and back to fence again, "Akane has been sent to 4th, Shampoo has been sent to 6th, Kodachi has been sent to 7th" The monitor appeared and showed Akane throwing a mallet at the vertical rail ahead of Mousse knocking him off, Shampoo slammed her Bon-Bori into a nearby building and with the breaking point coming out the other side and Kodachi fired another gas bomb at Kuno stunning him enough to also knock him off the vertical rail. They can't resist cheating, can they?

As the monitor faded away, the robotic voice boomed, "Entering the 3rd and final part of the race, 1st: Ranma, 2nd Ryouga, 3rd: Mousse, 4th: Kuno, 5th:Akane, 6th: Shampoo 7th: Kodachi" Whoa, all that time during the rocket grind, must have put me far ahead. Ryouga appears behind me, "So Saotome, we finish this once and for all" I nod in agreement as the rail suddenly places us high in the air, I can see the rest of the way, There are straight descending rails that head all the way to the finish line. "Lets make this a finish to remember!" He yelled.

He began glowing brighter and brighter, his skin turning a bright green color and I figured this must be the ultimate form of his speed boost. I grin, a challenge between techniques. I form a line of rings that go all the way to the finish line, about five miles away. It's draining, but I'll get the energy back the minute I go through the first ring. "LIGHT SPEED DASH REVISION: ROCKET GRIND!!!!" Ryouga yelled with me "MOLE DIG!!!"and I see his move, he is actually forming tunnels in the air, to travel through, no time to think, as I'm about to past through the first ring.

The world blurs because my concentration is not on thinking fast but rather staying balanced. Next to me, Ryouga is going at the same speed, both of us are heading for the same goal at high speeds, I could feel the sparks I'm causing actually heat my legs, The first mile is gone within seconds, and we are heading onto the second one. Behind us, I can hear several sonic booms as we pass the sound barrier. It seems that our techniques are evenly matched, and this race may turn out to be a tie. "No! I will not let this be a tie" Ryouga yells mimicing my thoughts. His aura doubled and he pulled ahead of me, he was going to win. "I WILL NOT LOSE We were both feet from the finish line, when the rest of my ring line changed.

They changed from gold to red and black, also they doubled inside. I hit the first one and I hear another sonic boom as I matched Ryouga's speed, and each ring I hit was joined with another sonic boom, but this was using up more energy then I was gaining back! About ten feet, I fell out my speed boost. To my relief, so did Ryouga. We were both exhausted and could only move on the rails, by crawling. The others were too far behind to catch up, so it is all between us two. Now that I was hearing normally, I could hear the crowds roar and cheer. Drawing on the last of my strength, I crawled on the rail. I barely moved my head to see on the rail next to me, Ryouga was doing the same thing, "I...will...win" I said, stubbornly forcing my body to move. It was a test of wills, each of us forcing our bodies to move inch by inch. Soon we crossed the finish line and I passed out, using the last of my strength.

Read and Review